Ro-Sham-Bo's Content

There have been 120 items by Ro-Sham-Bo (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#352430 Can I use E-600 instead of Goop, for securing Petg in 1/2"PVC

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 25 March 2016 - 04:02 PM in Darts and Barrels

I secure my PETG and PVC with hot glue because I have commitment issues.

#352254 Michigan Interest?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 18 March 2016 - 04:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Depending on time and location, I may be able to get a few people to a war in the Detroit area.

#295838 Bs-12 Advanced Tactical Nerf Rifle

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 11 March 2011 - 08:57 PM in Homemades

I've never seen such craftsmanship. Once again, you've outdone yourself. Seeing the FAR got me in and seeing this is pulling me back in after a long absence. Absolutely amazing work.

#257386 Clothing

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 27 November 2009 - 01:55 PM in Off Topic

Personally, I go for mobility as warmth will take care of itself with some running around. A pair of windbreaker pants, boots, hooded sweatshirt, long socks, and I'm ready to go. As for gloves, I usually wear an old pair of paintball gloves with magic gloves underneath.

#257132 Ballzooka Mp150

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 23 November 2009 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

This is possibly the greatest thing I've seen in months. I might have to drive down to Ohio to see this beast in action.

#251990 Nerf 1928 Tommy Gun

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 28 September 2009 - 04:36 PM in Homemades

I don't care if it's uglier than your mother as long as it works. I want to see proof before I pass any judgment. Video proof would work nicely, until some is posted, I will continue to think that this is just card and foam board glued to nerf parts.

#251405 Nitefinder Problem....fixed

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 23 September 2009 - 02:54 PM in Modifications

Depending on the type of glue, you might be able to get it off with Zippo lighter fluid.

#249450 Air Tank Repair

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 02 September 2009 - 09:19 PM in Modifications

There is another way to do this, shown here. However, I believe that your method of fixing tanks is much safer and less time consuming. Excellent idea.

Honestly, I don't think that even works.

It does work however, it was extremely difficult and time consuming.

#249316 Air Tank Repair

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 01 September 2009 - 12:45 PM in Modifications

There is another way to do this, shown here. However, I believe that your method of fixing tanks is much safer and less time consuming. Excellent idea.

#247800 Berserker Mod

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 20 August 2009 - 10:55 AM in Modifications

I like this mod. It has the same qualities as your mum: clean, quick, and easy. Joking aside, (Edit:You posted ranges while I was typing)

#234134 Full Crossbow Modification

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 June 2009 - 03:15 PM in Modifications

Very beautiful work. That is all I can say about this.

#233149 Bbb Reinforcement Question

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 28 May 2009 - 07:57 PM in General Nerf

I cut metal as a small side business and here is how I do it.
1. Place metal to be cut with Dremel in vice and tighten as much as possible
2. Make the needed cut with the metal cutting wheel on the Dremel
3. Grip the freshly cut piece with pliers and remove from vice
4. With the metal still in the pliers, submerge the metal in ice cold water.
5. Take the metal and use as you see fit

#230074 Mi War, Zomb East,

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 13 May 2009 - 07:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd love to come to an east MI war but, I have to agree with Flashflint/Poo. I cannot come without stefans. I simply do not have the stock darts for a war. Maybe you should cooperate with him in planning a war.

#220050 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 26 March 2009 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

Modding: I had a buddy over and he thought it would be funny as hell to put an entire tube of superglue on my work surface and not tell me. I put my hand in it and removed almost all of the skin from my palm. Looked cool on the desk though.
Nerfing: A different buddy this time, shot me with a modded titan in the ear from about a foot away. Thank God it was just the missile and not one of the singled shots.

Interestingly enough, Firefox 3 lists butterfingers as a word to replace nerfing. (Firefox does not have nerfing in it's dictionary)

#219311 Foam

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 22 March 2009 - 07:15 PM in General Nerf

I've never used that particular type of foam. I do have a useful comment. In this context, the word you are looking for is, waste. Not waist as you said. Not much but, slightly annoying.

#218155 What Can I Ship With?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 15 March 2009 - 08:28 PM in Off Topic

Depending on the location in NY, it could be cheaper to drive it there.

#218127 +bow Color Scheme

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 15 March 2009 - 07:16 PM in Homemades

Here's an idea, paint it yourself and then post it in the +Bow DIY thread. Why do people seem to want everyone's opinion on what they should do?
[EDIT]Thank you Ryan201821. Exactly the point I was trying to make.[EDIT]

#218084 Need Help

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 15 March 2009 - 05:02 PM in Off Topic

I'll explain this once since the search function doesn't seem to be functioning properly.
1. Create an account at PhotoBucket
2. Upload all the pictures you need
3. Select the picture and resize it accordingly (Giant/Tiny pictures are annoying)
4. Click on the IMG code next to the desired image and it should copy (Select it all and copy if necessary)
5. While making your topic, click the picture of the earth with the infinity/chain link picture
6. Follow the instructions, placing the IMG code copied from PhotoBucket where needed, and you are done
Don't expect this kind of response again. These types of threads are generally extremely erotic and their creators banned.

Reply to oh1134: The search engine doesn't seem to be operating properly.
[Edit] Slug listed the tread I was looking for[Edit]
[2nd Edit] Pick something random. There are millions if not billions of users on PhotoBucket[2nd Edit]

#216769 How?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 07 March 2009 - 04:09 PM in General Nerf

It would be extremely labor intensive. I don't even know it it would be slightly possible. I would say not to try it but, you'll probably do it anyway so, try at your own risk.

#216019 Michigan Nerf Out

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 02 March 2009 - 09:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a definite maybe.

#212698 The Majority Hammer

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 16 February 2009 - 08:10 AM in Site Feedback

Ideas like this surface a lot around here. The admins will never do it. They and only they can and should wield the all might ban hammer. It is a decent idea but, it will never be put into action.

#212540 Noob Mav Question

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 15 February 2009 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

Yes you can. Here, it was guess where, The Modification Directory! It took me maybe a minute with a relatively quick connection to dig that up for you. For the umpteenth time this has been said, search you lazy good for nothings. Being new here doesn't give you an excuse to be lazy. Yet another useless thread full of useless posts. There, rant over.

#211463 N-strike Raider Rapid Fire Cs-35 Press Release

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 11 February 2009 - 05:21 PM in General Nerf

The release date says fall 09 but, like the recon and everything else, will probably be out fairly early. I can bet anything that OMC knows something about this but is unable to tell us publicly due to his blood oath or whatever Hasbro has with him in return for telling him things.

#210415 Portable War Obstacles

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 08 February 2009 - 09:36 AM in Nerf Wars

Go to hospitals and ask for boxes. Laser printers come in GIGANTIC boxes as do most medical supplies. Grocery stores will have some large boxes on hand as well if you ask nicely. Cardboard boxes are what my friends and I use.

#207723 Quick Question

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 January 2009 - 08:06 PM in General Nerf

So then, you are doing the drop clip mod?

#203567 Nerf Firefly Rev-8 Help!

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 15 January 2009 - 04:18 PM in Modifications

I don't own a firefly but, couldn't you just paint the turret flat black. Easy and cheap. If you want a removable solution, take a box, cut it in half and paint it black. Then tape it around your Firefly and enjoy.

#200252 Kalamazoo War

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 01 January 2009 - 04:12 PM in General Nerf

sorry about that, I'm making stefans and burned myself

First off, no one cares that you burned yourself. You should have looked it up yourself before posting. On topic, any dates you have in mind? There are plenty of people interested in nerfing in Michigan. The trick however is getting them organized and to the war. As I recall, there was a war attempted here during the summer. I have no idea why it failed.

#193867 Maverick / Titan Integration

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 December 2008 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

Took the mod right out of my head. I honestly have one of these on my desk mid mod/integration. Excellent job.

#190622 Bbb Problemos.

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 18 November 2008 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

I've had this problem before. Twist the front of the gun against the back of the gun. Then, you should be able to uncock it. I never had it explained to me why you have to do this.

#188522 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 09 November 2008 - 04:02 PM in General Nerf

Almost a year ago, I started a thread just like this one. The link for it is, here. I'm listing it here because there are some interesting posts from some members who are big and some who have gone on/forgotten about this place.

#184360 My Triumphant Return

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 17 October 2008 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

Are you still interested in those modded NiteFinders I asked you about when you were last on? I've got them ready to go if you are still interested.

#180927 Nf In A Recon

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 01 October 2008 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

I had the same idea when I got my first Recon. I never went through with it though. Kudos on getting it done.

#179263 Air Tech Expansions

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 24 September 2008 - 06:49 AM in Modifications

Sorry, Internal Sever Error made me post twice. *Ignore*

#179262 Air Tech Expansions

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 24 September 2008 - 06:48 AM in Modifications

Tank size doesn't matter for what I'm trying to explain. You could have a huge 100' tank and still fire darts a few feet. It's the pressure OF the air INSIDE the tank that matters. That's why plugged pump guns shoot farther. They take less pumps but at a greater rate of compression than a regular pump.
To answer your question, yes you could add a Titan tank to an ATxK you would have to pump it a few times to get it to fire with titan ranges but, why add a Titan tank to an ATxK? Aren't you really just re-shelling a Titan by doing this?

#174008 New Nerf Video Game

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 31 August 2008 - 09:17 PM in General Nerf

That's the same picture link posted twice. The "Gatling Gun" looks like a Vulcan to be but with an odd barrel. The "Shield" so called, appears to be a zoom feature or something. Looks like bad graphics but, could be fun. Who knows? It is the Wii after all.

#170624 I Really Need Help Here,

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 19 August 2008 - 12:51 PM in General Nerf

If the screw being on top means that it is located on the accessory rail, you could just cut off that section. I did this on a particurarly annoying screw on the slide of my Scout. Or, find a drill bit that fits into the hole where the screw is and drill it out. This method has opened many a thing held together with stripped screws for me.

#169060 Michigan Nerf War

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 14 August 2008 - 11:32 AM in Nerf Wars

I have to work out if I can get a ride. And see if the others around me want to go. Put me down for a maybe. I'll definitely be there if I can be.

#169057 Bsa

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 14 August 2008 - 11:29 AM in Off Topic

I'm a star right now almost a life. All that ever holds me back is merit badges. The memorization of stuff kills me too. Anyone in the Order Of The Arrow?

#168894 Michigan Nerf (farmingtion Area)

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 13 August 2008 - 08:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Post a new topic if you like. Indy the topic starter seems to have disappeared. I should be able to make it on the 30th and the 6th if my practice schedule permits.

#168082 Pvc Scout

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 11 August 2008 - 12:43 PM in Modifications

So, I found my Scout EX-3 the other day in my closet, alone, dissected, and abandoned. After pulling it from it's shallow grave, I began to work on it. My O-ring is lost however, so I have no idea what ranges are. Someone with an O-ring please do this mod and tell me how it turns out.
Alright, enough talk. Lets Rock.

Step One: After opening it, take out the plunger and catch assemblies. Then you should see a nub on the end of one of the lines of plastic where the spring normally is.(This nub is on BOTH SIDES!) Like this: Posted Image
Step Two: Sand this small nub away. Make sure you get the nub on the other side as well. When you are done, it should look like this: Posted Image
Step Three: Take a crayola marker and cut off about an inch from the tip of the writing end. Keep this. Throw the rest away. Wrap the narrowed end in a few layers of electrical tape. Like this: Posted Image
Step Four: Wrap the other end of your marker piece in a few layers of E-tape as well. Then, take your piece of marker, put a little glue of your choice on the flat end, and shove it into the end of a three inch piece of PVC pipe. It should be snug but the electrical tape should not be deforming when you push the marker in. It should look like this: Posted Image
Step Five: Take the barrel piece from the scout and apply a little glue to the inside edge. Take your PVC/marker piece and push it inside of the stock barrel. It should look like this: Posted Image
Step Six: Run a bead of hot glue around the joint. IMPORTANT: Nest your stock spring inside a Maverick spring before replacing putting everything back in place. Then wrap a layer or two of e-tape around it for security. Screw it all together and it should look like this:Posted Image

Now you're done and it should be shooting better than ever assuming I'm right. Questions, Comments, anything you want to say?