Milkbelly's Content

There have been 10 items by Milkbelly (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2447 War On Iraq

Posted by Milkbelly on 20 March 2003 - 01:11 PM in Off Topic

Oh, a great poem (not a poem :) ) if you want to check it out;
"This is not a poem. This is a promise."
http://electronicint...ticle1272.shtml

Also check this or other articles about the death of Rachel Corrie, an American Peace activist killed by the Israeli Army. Understand this is all at a web site, "Electronic Infitada" so it is from the viewpoint of Palestinians.
http://electronicint...ticle1250.shtml

(The poem has references to Iraq, the article's a little Off Topic, if you're to define the topic really narrowly)

#2446 No-purchase Regrets

Posted by Milkbelly on 20 March 2003 - 01:04 PM in General Nerf

I once passed up an SM5K at a TRU; I really kicked myself after that.

#2445 War On Iraq

Posted by Milkbelly on 20 March 2003 - 01:01 PM in Off Topic

Batman, I have given long thought to the long history behind this, but the result is this;
The U.S. has no moral superiority here- the joke among weapons inspectors was the U.S. was saying "We know Iraq has the weapons." Why? "Well, we have the reciepts."
Administration after administration backed Saddam while he was gassing Kurds and gassing his own people.
We were complicit in all the suffering that Saddam set in motion, and now we're on our way to lay waste to a country full of innocent civilians to kill our own Frankenstein's Monster.
When will you wake up and realize that all these leader's words are completely empty and meaningless? Bush knew the ultimatum wouldn't be heeded, and was prepared to invade no matter what. Saddam actually benefits from the U.N. sanctions against Iraq, so guess what? He makes a demand for the sanctions to be lifted right when there's absolutley no chance of that consideration.
People love giving their power and responsibility to a big central leader though, because all the tough decisions are out of their hands; and of course these bigwigs are going to play rough, since they and their families don't have to do the killing and dying theirselves.

Well I'm sounding really pessimistic here, but truly it's just realism; world relations are real tense and fucked up. I feel the nations should just keep out of each other's business and things will work much more smoothly. As Aleister Crowley said, "Harm it none, do what ye will shall be the whole of the law" (I paraphrased there a little). The signifigance of this is that we don't need a huge honking governance machine to keep society civil. Most people genuinely want to live peacefully, without depending on oppresive cheap labor. We also can see right in our own community where there is harm done. So my message to you is just speak up against wrongs in your own community; that's the best good that you can do.

#1385 Big Visit

Posted by Milkbelly on 14 February 2003 - 02:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright did this topic die or what? What gives? LA's a big, populated area, there've gotta be people whose Nerfing appetites will only be whet by the YANO. Where are you? You know anytime modders will get together there'll be new mods or slight variations to old ones invented, how much more so for a Midwesterner visiting the coast?

#1358 Socal War In Feb

Posted by Milkbelly on 13 February 2003 - 02:02 PM in Nerf Wars

YAYANO anyone? Rawray seems interested and is trying to find a location near Pasedena. Anyone have suggestions? Also we should consider doing it Saturday so we can have Sunday as a rain date.

Well nerf on and if you're too snobby to nerf two weekends in a row, fuck off.

#1284 Big Visit

Posted by Milkbelly on 11 February 2003 - 03:32 PM in Nerf Wars

The only transportation I'll have is rides I get my parents to give me, and I won't want to rely on them too much for what should be fairly obvious reasons. Living outside my parents roof has been amazing in terms of my self-discovery and other such shit. Plus we deal a lot better w/each other when we aren't living together. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to make it a week under the same roof again w/out tearing at each others throats tho.

The cactus mod sounds real cool, one of those things that seems so obvious in many ways, you think "why didn't I think of that a long time ago?" Especially since the stock ammo holders on so many guns blow so much goats.

But personally it'd be something I'd be real reluctant to do, as it would reduce the structural strength, and nerf wars can be real punishing. I'd hate to fall on top of a fave gun only to have it bust apart like so much splintering glass. (OK a little overboard on the imagery there)

#1256 Approach To Modification

Posted by Milkbelly on 10 February 2003 - 04:13 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I'd say the RB is the most blatant example of that that I've seen Zero. The EAB has all sorts of weirdness in it, but all that stuff is usually removed when modding it.

And VACC, how can you really say that those Sawteeth were such a loss? Didn't the gun rather suck balls unmodded? I'd say it was worth the risk to break into 'em even if the results were less than stellar.

#1255 The War With Iraq!

Posted by Milkbelly on 10 February 2003 - 04:02 PM in Off Topic

I gotta get to work so I'm not going to read everything in this thread or chime in with all the reason behind my position.
But I did want to say I voted "No" even though the misspelling put me off. Those of us with "dissident" opinions need to be ever more vigilant of how we present ourselves. It's silly, but how professionally you write out a position, the more respect its given.

#1254 Big Visit

Posted by Milkbelly on 10 February 2003 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

OK, here's the skinny, I'll be visiting in SoCal this month, I'll be free the full days from the 20th-24th. I plan to bring my fully-modded guns and those currently in pieces, as well as stefan-making material.

So who's interested in a follow-up war to the YANO? (YAYANO?) Also who'd want to take time (and let me in their shopspace) for modding and assembly? Also general hanging out? Beach and sun are definitely on my agenda for the week.

Oh, and as an intro-post to these boards, does anyone else have this Gandalf avatar already that I'm using?

It's cool to come back to the nerf community and see a lot the same, but a lot changed. I'm sure some point soon I'll know what a "Cactus mod" is or the meaning of "Kronik-style" (though I know the latter at least involves putting internals of two guns into one case).

OK, so if you have a reply to questions in my 2nd paragraph, drop me a line at chriscraig@operamail.com

#1253 Socal War In Feb

Posted by Milkbelly on 10 February 2003 - 03:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Damn it, my hopes really got up when I read that the war might possibly be on the 23rd, then were shattered, when I read it'd be the 16th.
Why, you may ask? Well that's such a great question. You see, I'm an Indiana boy, suffering here in a desert of non-Nerfing, but it turns out I get to come out and visit my parents in LA (Riverside, actually) for a week. I fly out the 19th and fly back the 25th.

So who'd be up for a follow-up war sometime that I'll actually get to make it to? I can't express strongly enough how kickass it'd be to get the chance to go toe-to-toe with near-complete strangers that I've talked to on previous nerf boards a lot.

(BTW, this is my first post on NH, but I used to post a lot on the two incarnations of NO and some on NC). It was I who introduced the keyboard-duster-powered PC mod to the net (though it was not my brainchild, but one of a foolish non-forum-going friend of mine). I also first mentioned (to my knowledge) using an LNL without a trigger spring to effect a hair trigger.

Um I think I'll make another topic entirely about my visit and introduction to the board.