karpenter63's Content

There have been 53 items by karpenter63 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#258658 Pow! December

Posted by karpenter63 on 11 December 2009 - 08:43 PM in Nerf Wars

POW! December – Annual SCN Christmas War

Hosted By: karpenter63

Date: Saturday, December 19, 2009

Time: 11:30AM-??:??PM

4048 Brownsville Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15227

Backup Location: None needed

Special Info: Start Time: Due to a Christmas Pageant rehearsal happening at my church from 9:30 – 11:00, I have been forced to push the start time back. That being said, an 11:30 start time means an 11:30 start time. The first round will be beginning no later than 11:35. So if you don’t want to miss out, make sure to show up on time.

Special Info: Down Time: In a attempt to reduce downtime between rounds, I am requesting that whomsoever wishes to trade guns and or swap yarns about modding guns or previous wars to either arrive early, or save such activities for lunch and the end of the day.

Special Info: Bandana: All attendees will be required to bring a bandana to be used for team identification. Any ripped up piece of fabric will do just as long as it is kept on your person for the entirety of the day. This should speed up the process of switching teams because all one will have to do is remove and pocket their bandana or vice versa.

Special Info: Lunch: Because of the later start time, we probably won’t be stopping for lunch until 1 or 1:30. Packing a lunch is recommended though there is a well equipped shopping center right across the street from us. There is a Chinese Joint, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, and a Giant Eagle.

Special Info: House Rules: Being as this war will be held at an indoor location, and a church at that, it is to be expected that we have some house rules. They are as follows:

Respect – We will be nerfing in a place designed for worship, so I ask that you all respect the property. This is a no brainer and I know that I won’t have to worry about anyone punching holes in walls, breaking tables, etc.

Doors – In order to keep everyone in the allowed field of play we have a simple rule: Do not touch the doors. In other words, if a door is open, don’t close it, and vice versa

Allowed Weapons – When SCN was just starting out, the only place we ever nerfed was in this church. Because of this, as we started to modify more and more of our blasters we continued to use them in our little battle field. So basically anything flies in this location, besides the usual banned weaponry. We will ask you to stop using a weapon if people feel uncomfortable with it being used.

Special Info: Required equipment: Besides the bandana, you should also make sure to bring a flashlight that can be attached (taped) to your gun for a lowlight round requested by Solscud, a melee weapon for Swashbuckler’s Heaven, some stock weaponry for the zombies rounds, and of course your usual primary and secondary.

Game Types to be Played:
Deathmatch – 3/15, 5/0 (2 and/or 3 teams)
Heaven – Gunslingers, Swashbucklers
CTF – 2 flags 2 teams, Single Flag (2 or 3 teams)
Zombies – November POW! Variant, and possibly a scenario based round

Attendance:
Definites:
karpenter63
Solscud007
jwasko
BoOogers
Omega_Dragoon_Wolff
gunpowderjones
nonmembers +2

Maybes:
Sublimedom777+4-5
nonmembers + 3
nerfmonkey
princexbuster
flamincows
thedecimator + 1

We are capping attendance at 24.

#255018 Pow! Pittsburgh Offseason Wars!

Posted by karpenter63 on 31 October 2009 - 08:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys.

I am planning on attending the November foray, it's just a matter if I can get there, and now that my roommate has a car, I feel like that shouldn't be a problem. I may even be able to convince a few friends to come tag along.

Also I plan on hosting the December/Christmas war being as its become a sort of tradition being it was the first major war held in Pittsburgh by Steel City Nerf. I will post details for it as soon as I get the ok from my pastor. (It will be held at my church)

#165566 New Game: Counter-terrorist

Posted by karpenter63 on 30 July 2008 - 10:47 PM in Nerf Wars

I would seriously like to applaud your for that excellent come-back. I'm serious.

I completely agree with Falcon's quote. Nerf wars are meant to be fun, and they become that way by keeping things fresh by way of different game types. You can see that I agree with it from my latest topic, posted yesterday, Swashbuckler's Heaven. I sincerely hope that you didn't post that because you were trying to say that I host wars as boring as the kind detailed in Falcon's quote, because I don't. I make it a point to try out new and exciting game types each time I host a war, in fact, I'll be doing just that this Saturday.

I really am glad that you did this to make your particular nerf wars more fun for you and your friends, it just isn't my cup of tea. I would also like to apologize for yelling at you earlier. I wasn't pissed off about your first post, it was the second one where you made it seem as if Swords didn't know what he was talking about. I really hate it when someone makes it appear as if they are better than everyone else. Swords is your peer, don't baby-talk him.

Still, I don't want any bad blood between us, so I hope you accept my apology.

#165560 Swashbuckler's Heaven

Posted by karpenter63 on 30 July 2008 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Two questions: If you manage to get within range and hit someone with your sword without challenging them to a duel, it counts right?

Right

Also, what happens if someone does get you with their sword may they then get you again the immediately after that, or is there a set no-fighting time in which you may move away from the person who got you and they can't follow?

Well, yeah. There's the time it takes for the person who was hit to put their armband on. You really shouldn't shoot at the person while they are doing that. However, because of the added close combat part to this game, it may be wise to instate a 15 second time period starting at the time you were shot. This would work like any 3/15 set of rules, except minus the 3.

EDIT: Other than that, great game type idea.

Thanks, and thanks for the constructive criticism.

#165520 New Game: Counter-terrorist

Posted by karpenter63 on 30 July 2008 - 07:24 PM in Nerf Wars

My main problem with this game is it comes too close to a mil-sim. Nerf isn't supposed to be a realistic representation of war, and or terrorism/counter-terrorism. That's why most games that are the most fun for nerf are the least realistic i.e. Deathmatch, CTF, and Gunsliger's Heaven.

Oh, and if you're going to have another bitch hissyfit, regarding constructive criticism from members on the forum you posted this idea asking for help, like the one re-posted below:

I don't see much complication in the rules, even a third grader could understand this provided that he knows how to read. You get shot you lose a number on the 3/15 and must clear the area. To make it simpler to the lesser minded you have nine lives. To know more about the 3/15 rule read Badger's "Nerf War Ettiguette" thread. It's pinned for a reason.

Fuck-off, and read these articles written by Pineapple and VACC that are about the subject I just wrote about.

#165293 How To Handle Very Large Numbers Of People?

Posted by karpenter63 on 29 July 2008 - 10:08 PM in Nerf Wars

A megaphone and a whip ;)

#165199 My Pepperbox Maverick, Another Steampunk Gun

Posted by karpenter63 on 29 July 2008 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

I usually don't post in these cosmetic modifications, but I'll make an exception because this particular one is awe inspiringly beautiful.

The details are amazing. Some artists work in oils, others in clay. You my friend, work in mavericks, and you do it quite well. Keep up the good work.

#165196 Nonstandard Game Types - Ideas, Rules, Etc.

Posted by karpenter63 on 29 July 2008 - 03:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Swashbuckler's Heaven

Armory
Single Shot Pistol
Foam Sword or Noodle

Rules
General: Every player starts out with 2 hitpoints. Once a player loses his first hitpoint he must remove flagging tape (any bright, visible marker will do) from his pocket and place it somewhere prominant on his body. It's generally encouraged to be worn around the head or neck. When donning the marker that nerfer is in "purgatory". If a nerfer in purgatory loses his final hitpoint he dies goes to hell. If, on the other hand, a player in purgatory sends another player to hell (by shooting another nerfer who is in purgatory), he may remove the marker, and regain his second hitpoint. If that nerfer is hit again, he returns to purgatory and the same rules apply. A nerfer may NOT leave purgatory (remove the headband and regain the second hitpoint) by sending another nerfer to purgatory. A nerfer with both hitpoints may not gain a third hitpoint under any circumstances. The battle ends when only one nerfer or team is left standing.

Double Kills: If both nerfers are in purgatory, they remain in purgatory after the double kill. If both nerfers had all their hitpoints, they both go to purgatory afterwards. If one nerfer is in purgatory, and the other is not, the nerfer in purgatory dies and the nerfer who previously had 2 hitpoints is now in purgatory. (Directly Copy and Pasted from VACC's Post regarding Gunslinger's Heaven rules)

Swords: Swords may be used at anytime during the game to kill your opponent, deflect darts etc. However since swords are close range to a nitefinder's long range, relatively speaking of course, it is hard to actually get close enought to actually hit someone with your sword without being shot in the process. So, what you may do is, if you make eye contact with your opponent (eye contact is not necessary, what I mean is your opponent must know you are talking to him/her) you can yell "I challenge thee to a duel", or just "duel" and the pistols suddenly become off limits. While in a duel you are not allowed to shoot at your opponent, if you do you lose a life. Another rule about duels is if you see one under way you may not shoot at the two people engaged in an honorable sword fight. I say two people because a duel cannot consist of more than two people.

#165194 Swashbuckler's Heaven

Posted by karpenter63 on 29 July 2008 - 03:42 PM in Nerf Wars

A while back, my group had a little nerf war in the 'burgh where we tried out that one game created by Ubermensch. On that same day, however, we also tried out a game that we created ourselves. We dubbed it "Swashbuckler's Heaven" in honor of the game that it was based off of.

Posted Image

Armory
  • Single-Shot spring Pistol
  • Foam Sword or Noodle
Rules
General: Every player starts out with 2 hitpoints. Once a player loses his first hitpoint he must remove flagging tape (any bright, visible marker will do) from his pocket and place it somewhere prominant on his body. It's generally encouraged to be worn around the head or neck. When donning the marker that nerfer is in "purgatory". If a nerfer in purgatory loses his final hitpoint he dies goes to hell. If, on the other hand, a player in purgatory sends another player to hell (by shooting another nerfer who is in purgatory), he may remove the marker, and regain his second hitpoint. If that nerfer is hit again, he returns to purgatory and the same rules apply. A nerfer may NOT leave purgatory (remove the headband and regain the second hitpoint) by sending another nerfer to purgatory. A nerfer with both hitpoints may not gain a third hitpoint under any circumstances. The battle ends when only one nerfer or team is left standing.

Double Kills: If both nerfers are in purgatory, they remain in purgatory after the double kill. If both nerfers had all their hitpoints, they both go to purgatory afterwards. If one nerfer is in purgatory, and the other is not, the nerfer in purgatory dies and the nerfer who previously had 2 hitpoints is now in purgatory. (Directly Copy and Pasted from VACC's Post regarding Gunslinger's Heaven rules)

Swords: Swords may be used at anytime during the game to kill your opponent, deflect darts etc. However since swords are close range to a nitefinder's long range, relatively speaking of course, it is hard to actually get close enought to actually hit someone with your sword without being shot in the process. So, what you may do is, if you make eye contact with your opponent (eye contact is not necessary, what I mean is your opponent must know you are talking to him/her) you can yell "I challenge thee to a duel", or just "duel" and the pistols suddenly become off limits. While in a duel you are not allowed to shoot at your opponent, if you do you lose a life. Another rule about duels is if you see one under way you may not shoot at the two people engaged in an honorable sword fight. I say two people because a duel cannot consist of more than two people.

There, I believe that is all the rules. If you have any questions post them below. I will also post this in the Nonstandard Games thread.

And now some pics of us playing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
You can just barely see this kid winding up for a smack across the face that got me out of the game finally

Posted Image

#161583 International Nerf War

Posted by karpenter63 on 05 July 2008 - 04:24 PM in News

I feel like I shouldn't comment in this topic, because it basically says everything that needs to be said, but I just want to say how much I agree with what Shindig is saying.

I've noticed recently on the forums how a topic entitled "Wtb Or Wtt For Xbow Or +bow" will get 350+ reads and multiple replies while a topic such as this one will only be read a little over 100 times and not get any replies. I've been wanting to draw this to attention for a while now, but this was the first good oppurtunity.

Nerfing is comprised of two different parts: Modifying, and Warring. It seems that the vast majority of posts on this website are about the modifying aspect and that nerf wars are getting the short end of the stick. And if you look closely at things, it is because of the huge influx of new members on this website. If you were to make a chart of member numbers to whether that person posted more in the Nerf Wars forum or the Modifications forum, I am sure that you would see many more for nerf wars in the lower numbers, than in the higher member numbers. I am not just throwing that out there, I did do some minor research on the matter and my hypothesis was correct, the lower the number the more likely he has posted more in Nerf Wars.

I guess the only thing I am trying to say by writing all this is I, like Shindig and Groove, and I'm sure many more of the veterans of this website (for the record, I am not grouping myself with those people) would love to see more nerfing and less modding.

Like Shindig says, get a group of friends together to nerf with. That's how I did it. I took four mavericks to a lock-in at my church last year, all stock mind you, and I nerfed with a bunch of my friends all that night. They realized how cool they were, and later when I got a longshot, and we started to modify the guns all my friends wanted to play. I mean, many of your friends, I'm sure will think it is really stupid, many of mine still do, but here is the best recruiting technique: Leave one of your highly modified weapons on your bed when your friends come over, your friend will notice it and be like "Dude, what's this? You're hella lame", and you'll say, "Yeah I guess so, but let me see that for a sec." BAM! You shoot him in the chest, and when your testosterone filled num-nuts of a friend realizes that he just got a welt from a nerf gun, he will forever want to nerf with you.

So please, everyone on the Nerfhaven forums, you've never listened to me before but please listen to me this time because I am backed up by Shindig and Groove, go outside, and nerf.

#161000 Hidden Shot Write Up

Posted by karpenter63 on 30 June 2008 - 03:23 PM in Modifications

Either your barrel is crooked, or my face is crooked.

Whoops! I just realized what I thought was the barrel was a shadow, so in fact your barrel is not crooked. Nevertheless, the glue job is fugly. Is that only hot glue?

#159940 Review Of The Flag 'n' Frag System

Posted by karpenter63 on 21 June 2008 - 11:48 PM in Nerf Wars

As I promised Ubermensch, our litle group of nerfers in Pittsburgh debuted the Flag 'n' Frag system today. Here is my little review of how it went:

Set-up

What We Did
We played in a church basement that is at least 1.5k square feet large. We arranged the three stations directly next to each other in a line, so close that literally the wall of the one station, was the wall of the next one over.

What we should have done
The space we played on was much to small. You need a lot of space to play this game. Having the stations lined up right next to each other made it too hard to get to the base to put in your flags because someone standing two stations over could easily pick you off with even a stock maverick.

Game-play

What We Did
We played this game near the end of the evening, so by the time we got to it, some people had to go home. Though the most had at one point were 9 nerfers, we were done to 7 when we finally started to play this game. So the teams were unevenly divided, 4 to 3.

Because of the low numbers of people playing, the game was incredibly hard to win, because you could capture an opponent's base, but then you couldn't hold on to it because you need people back at your home base guarding those three bases you started off with. The main reason we realized this was a problem was because as soon as the opposing team would capture a base, you could literally waltz on over to that capture base, put in your five flags, go back, get five more, and re-capture your base. Because of this, we eventually just called a "No Contest".

Another problem, was there was a lot of dead time, because often everyone would be out at the same time. However, I blame this again on the low numbers.

What we should have done
Well, obviously we should've had more people playing. With more people you can have people guarding all your bases while still trying to capture the remaining ones. If this game is ever to be played again, I think the following formula should be used to decide the number of bases versus the number of players.

Total Bases = [(Total Number of Players - 8)/4]

Example: - You have 16 people at the nerf war, 16 - 8 is 8, divide that by 4, two bases. This formula may be a bit extreme, but it gets my point across that you need a WHOLE lot of people to play this game effectively.

All in all, however, I think that this game dose have a whole lot of potential. We didn't really give this game a chance to shine. I would like to see this game played at a larger war. If that ever happens, I hope that that group will write it up so that we can find out if it works out better that way.

Oh, and just for fun, here are some pictures of us playing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Photos taken my Matthew Critchfield

PS: I'm sorry, if my grammar, or my explanations are not up to par, I am very tired right now as it is 12:48 am here in pittsburgh.

#159851 Flag N' Frag System

Posted by karpenter63 on 20 June 2008 - 04:30 PM in Nerf Wars

We could do it outside, or in the basement.

You're a kinky son of a gun... Sorry though, I don't roll that way. Better luck next time.

(Sorry...I couldn't resist :D )

#159581 Flag N' Frag System

Posted by karpenter63 on 18 June 2008 - 08:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, he's got a point. Pastors want the sanctuary to be only used for worship, and probably wouldn't be very happy. He would most likely faint at the idea (at least our pastor would). But we're lucky, because at our church, we have a huge room downstairs that we can put obstacles in and a ramp that winds from the top all the way to the bottom.

Listen to BoOogers, his dad is our priest.

#159552 Flag N' Frag System

Posted by karpenter63 on 17 June 2008 - 09:12 PM in Nerf Wars

The Pews., and surrounding rooms.

Any pastor right in the head would give a resounding no if asked to have a nerf war in the actual sanctuary. We are only allowed to use the downstairs area and ramp of our church. Any room that involves a cross, or something holy is strictly off limits. Do you have permission yet? Because if you don't, I highly suspect that you will not.

To answer your last question, that's the perfection of the flags/lives system. One could sacrifice his self to capture a base, but the incentive to have multiple people with you while fighting is so that you will have many flags. Also, if an attacker is shot repeatedly, chances are, he and his team will not have enough flags to capture.

I don't know, I sort of like the idea that even if you have full health, e.g. 5 flags, the most flags you can use to capture is 4. That way, no matter what, it will at least take three people to capture the base, 4 + 4 + 2 = 10. I think I will try it this way when we war on Saturday. I will document the event in some way and get feedback on how people think it went.

#159474 Flag N' Frag System

Posted by karpenter63 on 17 June 2008 - 09:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, we already have one set spot, but however, if one cannot spawn at stations, there would be no incentive to capture them anyway!

Unless you have to capture them before you can even start to capture the main base. You would have to go down the line and capture each base and when that base is captured the flag would be lowered so that you know that that base is captured.

I have a question: If you are protecting station 1, and stations are set up like so:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

Could you shoot at a enemy nerfer over the "lightly fortified walls", would you assume that each of these stations are a seperate structures and there is no way to pass between them. The only way to shoot into the station would be from the front of the station, like so:

N

|

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

Where N is a nerfer, the line is the darts projectile into the front of station three.

EDIT: By the way, I really like this idea, and I think that I will try it out this Sunday at a little war I'm having at my church, but in a abridged form, like 3 stations instead of 5.

EDIT 2.0: Also, My church lets us use modded weapons, but that is probably because our priests sons nerf with us. As long as we make sure we don't break anything, like we put all the lamps in a closet that was not going to be used in the war, everything is fine.

EDIT 3.0: I have a question about capturing bases. If you are only allowed to carry 5 flags (toothpicks) and these count as your life, would you be basically committing suicide if you put all five flags in an enemy base? I think the rule should be you can put in as many flags in the enemy base as you can as long as you still have at least one flag to count as your health. Because if you put all 5 in, you would have to drop all the enemy flags you picked up because you would be dead. After starting to capture the station, you can then book it back to your main base to re-heal back to five flags. This would be the only time you could reheal from your main base and not have been killed imediately before.

#159015 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by karpenter63 on 12 June 2008 - 08:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Is it possible to pitch a tent somewhere in Deal Park for the one night?

#159005 Magstrike Sale At Wal-mart!

Posted by karpenter63 on 12 June 2008 - 06:58 PM in General Nerf

Didn't see this last night... (looking for MGS4 PS3).

Um, what? Metal Gear Solid 4? Wrong topic much?

Are you plain stupid? He said:

Didn't see this last night... (looking for MGS4 PS3).

Meaning he was at Wal-mart for one purpose, and while he was there checked in the nerf aisle and he didn't see this deal, meaning that the possiblity exists that this deal only exists in Phoenix as Banshee feared.

Don't call people out for being off topic when, in point of fact, they actually are on topic. As it says in the CoC, "Don't post unless you have something to say". Obviously you are breaking the code that you seem to hold so near to your heart.

Anywho...According to walmart.com, the magstrike is $30.96. So this deal may just be some lucky coincidence at your particular Wal-Mart.

#158773 Learning From Mistakes

Posted by karpenter63 on 10 June 2008 - 09:56 PM in Modifications

On a slightly related note, "jelly darts"?!

Posted Image

Jelly Darts

Have you tried the darts on toast?

Posted Image

Yes, and they are quite scrumptious! XD

And what do mean by "other barrel?" Was there like a secret barrel in the handle or something like the Secret shot? I notice those holes in the handle and the trigger guard-were those where the secret barrel(s) came out?

Posted Image

The other barrel was originally directly below the one still in the gun. Those holes you noticed are from where I chopped off a sort of "hand guard" that was a little annoying.

EDIT: And Karpenter, how do you cock this gun?

Posted Image

Like so.

Newbs should stick to published mods. Things they can follow along with a write up so if they get confused they can have pictures and text to guide them thru the steps.

Yes I agree with that. However, I think that it would be a good idea for noobs to go out and try to come up with something on their own. You know, contribute to the community. Even if all they are doing is taking crap guns and making them less crappy.

I see the cheapos as a challenge to see what I can pull off with crap. Not because I need practice doing certain mods.

That is definitely another way to say what I am trying to say. You try to squeeze every ounce of potential out of these crap guns and you feel good when you get something that is a remarkable difference, even if it still isn't that good. (4" to 30' is a high percent increase. 9000% increase to be exact.) I remember when I first started modding I tried to mod a Maverick and I never was able to get the seal tight enough. This made me feel like shit because I took a gun that got maybe 20' stock and once I was finished with it got about 4". (a 6000% decrease). So what I'm trying to say is, start small and work your way up. I still would like to see more crap guns turned "meh" on the forums.

#158715 Learning From Mistakes

Posted by karpenter63 on 10 June 2008 - 05:20 PM in Modifications

I was unsure where to post this idea, as it is part modification and part article. But since I was scared to post in articles (it seems so...I don't know...forbidden) I am posting this in modifications.

Today I was talking to my friend about how nerrf guns don't look realistic. He was sort of against this, I, however, don't mind this. But it did give me an idea, and so I trudged over to the local Rite-Aid to see what I could see. I didn't see what I was looking for but I did see a sort of cool looking dart blaster for $7. Since it was 25% off because of some summer sale, I said what the hey and bought it for $5.61. I knew that the gun would be ridicously weak straight out of the box, especially with its crap "jelly dart" darts and I was right. The stock gun had a range of aprox. 4".

So I modded it and I ended up getting around 30'. Now the point of this post is not to right up this gun, because it is a piece of shit even modded. No, the point of this post is to show that the best learning can come from a mistake. Buying this gun, even though it was only $5, was not the best use of my money. However I was able to use this gun, which I did not care about, and practice performing certain modifications, such as AR and a Barrel Replacement.

So what I am trying to say in thia post is that it may be in your best advantage if you are a self-proclaimed "noob nerfer" to go out buy one of these crap guns and mod it using new stratagies or techniques you've never used before. Trust me that you will learn much more by doing then asking people from all over the world on an internet forum how to do what you want to do. If you are afraid of trying something on you LS, or your X-bow, why not try it on a piece of shit gun first?

So I challenge each and every person who reads this article to go out and buy a gun from the local thrift store, mod it and get back to me. Post in this topic an picture of the gun stock, a picture of it modded, a list of modifications you performed, ranges, and, this last part is optional, and little insight on what you learned by completing this mod.

I'll go first:

Before
Unavailable

After
Posted Image

Modifications:
  • Air Restrictors removed
  • Brass barrel added
  • Took spring from other barrel and added that to the one
What I learned:
See above

EDIT: I will resize pic size when I return...but I gotta run.

#158375 Frappr...let's Revive It

Posted by karpenter63 on 07 June 2008 - 09:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, being drunk really does affect your memory.

Wow, you were drunk at nine in the morning? I hope that you are refering to a craaaaAAAAAAAaaazzzzy night on Friday.

#158340 Frappr...let's Revive It

Posted by karpenter63 on 07 June 2008 - 12:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Do you have to be a member so they don't delete your spot? Because every time I make a spot it gets deleted.

Well, I am not a member, and they have not deleted me yet. However, I only added myself today so I will keep checking periodically to see if I am still there.

Well, Frappr is being a bitch to me.

They deleted my old spot on there and I cannot re-add myself because I cannot remember my password even though I know of all the different passwords I use.

Horse shit!

You don't need to have an account to post your marker...

I think this is a great idea. It will make organizing wars easier. Also it would give the oganizers a chance to get more people by looking others up on here and then inviting them.

EDIT: You dont even need to sign up. You just punch in your Postal code. (Others wont see it) Choose a name. Add an avatar if you want an bam. Less than a minute later you are on it.

This post has been edited by Forsaken_angel24: Jan 27 2006, 01:20 AM

See? XD

#158331 Frappr...let's Revive It

Posted by karpenter63 on 07 June 2008 - 11:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Hello everyone in the NIC.

I was recently searching through the Nerf Wars section of the forums and I saw the sticky regarding nerf on Frappr. I was highly intrigued by this and I really liked the idea. So what I decided to do was try to rekindle the fire regarding this great and useful idea.

Frappr - Nerfers United

Posted above is the hyperlink to access the frappr map, Nerfers United. What I beg everyone to do is to access this website, and add yourself to the map. There are 13000+ people on Nerfhaven, and there are definitely not that many on the frappr map. If I had the ability I would make this a mandatory part of signing up for an account on Nerfhaven, because it seems like that important of an idea.

So, please, go to the website type in your name, and by name I mean your alias on Nerfhaven, your email, and your address. When typing in your address, please omit your street name and house number, because even though I don't believe there are any stalkers in the NIC, there may be some on this Frappr website.

That's all I have to say, but please do this because it could make organizing small little local wars much easier.

Thank you,

~karpenter

EDIT: I assume people must be adding themselves because the views are up to 99+, I would however like to know if people actually are. So if you add yourself to the map, could you please post that you did so in this topic. Thanks again.

#158328 Bi-weekly Wars In Da 'burgh

Posted by karpenter63 on 07 June 2008 - 11:07 AM in Nerf Wars

There are many nerfers in and around where I live, mainly thanks to me. I in a sense started a little clan here in Pittsburgh PA that goes by Steel City Nerf, SCN (those of you at DCNO know who we are). And we often hold little wars at our or around our church on Sunday afternoons. For this summer (many of us are highschoolers so our summer hasn't actually started yet, curse you college students) we are planning on holding bi-weekly wars at this location. We have about 7-10 people who frequently show up for the wars.

All I am trying to accomplish by posting this is to get the word out about these wars. They are going to go on with or without attendence from people from the NIC, but it would be more fun if anyone else decided to show up. These wars will be starting either tomorrow or next Sunday and they will run every other week from that point on throughout the whole summer.

If you are interested in attending any of these little skirmishes, post below or pm me. I will then send you the address and the dates of the next couple wars. We hope to see people from the NIC attending these.

We play normal 3/15 rules for deathmatch, gunslingers heaven, and occasionally CTF. If we have enough people we may try to play a round or two of three team death match.

~karpenter

#158277 A Small Nerf Related Chuckle.

Posted by karpenter63 on 06 June 2008 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

That is way too funny and sadly quite true.

What toys appeared when you clicked on nerdy?

#158132 Detroit Wins The Cup!

Posted by karpenter63 on 05 June 2008 - 01:18 PM in Off Topic

This topic disgusts me.

Read where I'm from to see why.

This topic would be better if the the exclamation point (!) was replaced with a frowny face (B)).

But I would rather not be reminded of this either way.

#157389 Relubing An Old Gun?

Posted by karpenter63 on 29 May 2008 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

Recently, I tried to lubricate a plunger on my LS front gun (because I was working on making it not as crappy as it already is...but it is still crap) and I first used silicone lubricant. When I did this though, if I pulled back the plunger and left it there for more than 3 seconds, when I went to pull the trigger the plunger head wouldn't move forward.

So I cleaned that off and went in search of a good lubricant. I tried to find the "o-ring lubricant" that FA_24 mentions in one of his mods, but I couldn't. So I picked up this lubricant called "Jig-a-loo" at home depot, partly because of the name, and partly because of the fact that it was neither silicone nor petroleum based and it seems to work pretty well.

#156927 Summer Dcno

Posted by karpenter63 on 25 May 2008 - 06:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I only really have one highlight, and that was when I managed to get C_S from about 60 feet away through multiple railings while he was looking in an opposite direction.

EDIT: Actually, here's another. During the first Gunslinger's Heaven, I was reloading, and Josh was my teammate. Groove was standing a little behind me, and Josh yells "SAM!", and I duck down in exactly the perfect way and the dart just zooms passed my shoulder. Then Groove was like, "Thanks teammate, thanks."

Other than that, I also really enjoyed the rounds that I was able to shoot one person twice in that round. I think I did that to Galaxy613, Langley's girlfriend, and some other person.

Besides that, I was out more than I would have liked to be, but that's because I often took unnecessary risks. Especially the time I jumped over a railing into a group of maybe 6 enemy nerfers armed with only a LBB and one shot. I don't think I hit anyone, but It sure was sweet.

#156631 Summer Dcno

Posted by karpenter63 on 22 May 2008 - 03:51 PM in Nerf Wars

My plans have been finalized and I am now bringing 4 people for sure.

By the way, but the name is karpenter63 not 93. It's no problem but I just want to make sure your information is correct.

#154414 Summer Dcno

Posted by karpenter63 on 03 May 2008 - 03:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Move me from the maybe list to the most definite list. And I should be bringing 1-3 guests.

#152635 Nerf Wars In Pittsburgh

Posted by karpenter63 on 22 April 2008 - 03:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, we are always game for more attendees.

I would like to pull together something during the month of May as a warm up for myself and possibly (hopefully) Jwasko before we head over to DCNO. We would like to nerf outside, but we are having trouble deciding on a place to do so, if you know of any good outdoor areas around you that we could nerf at, either post them, or PM them to me and we'll see what we can pull together.

No matter what it isn't going to happen until after May 14th because I have to take all my AP tests.

#150397 Summer Dcno

Posted by karpenter63 on 10 April 2008 - 04:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I am definitely a maybe, and if I come I will bring 1 - 4 people with me. I will update this when I find out for sure. I have to make plans on how to get there, but once I do that and they get the seal of approval from the Mother lady, I will be packing my bags already.

Also, if anyone is interested, I think this is a birds eye view of "The Labyrinth". For my own curiosity, could someone highlight what areas are actual part of the playing field.

Thanks Groove

Posted Image

#132260 Other Sports Or Shooting Sports

Posted by karpenter63 on 12 December 2007 - 11:59 PM in Off Topic

Juggling. It is a sport. Trust me, it's on ESPN.

#132092 Lilith, The Nerf Crossbow

Posted by karpenter63 on 11 December 2007 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

Not a color you see everyday in the world of nerf. I like it though :) .

#131326 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by karpenter63 on 03 December 2007 - 04:11 PM in General Nerf

In the Santa Clause 3, the little elf firemen have what appears to be an LBB attached to a backpack that sprays green goop to put out fires.

#130987 Paging Geek Squad

Posted by karpenter63 on 29 November 2007 - 10:51 PM in Off Topic

For a computer guy I don't know too much about networks and networking. However if I'm deducing the problem and potential solutions if you unlock the web access then it should be an open signal. Thus your computer should be able to pick it up with no problem and your other devises should as well.

However this poses a problem for you. With an open signal anyone can piggyback and that WILL suck your bandwidth dry depending on how many people hitch on.

Just my few 2 cents.

How do I unlock it? If i do, will I need to change some setting on my computer's internet settings to make it accomadate no longer having a WEP code?

#130968 Paging Geek Squad

Posted by karpenter63 on 29 November 2007 - 08:56 PM in Off Topic

Hey guys, I own a wii console, as well as a DS, and I have been trying, not that hard mind you, to connect both systems to the internet at my home with no success at all. I'll tell you what I did, and I hope that somebody will be able to help me out and allow me to get on the internet.

1. The first thing I tried was to hook on thru my wireless router. It is a Westell versalink model 327w. Here are my problems: When I search for the connection, both the wii and the DS are able to find it, but when they do, there is a locked padlock, signifying that the router is locked with a WEP code. I typed in what I thought to be the WEP code, and it has never worked. I think that it may be because I don't actually know the WEP code, so what I was thinking is that I could just unlock my internet connection. If I were to do that, would that accomplish anything? Would I ruin the internet on my computer? Do I need to change any settings on my computer so that it doesn't try to use a WEP key? If I do, how do I do it?

2. Secondly, I bought one of those Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connectors, and it doesn't work either. Let me rephrase that, it connects to the internet, and it sends out a signal, but the program never fully installs. When I run the the latest program downloaded off the Nintendo website (probably v1.60 or something like that) it works fun, until about 2/3 of the way through when an error message appears that says "Internet Connection Sharing Error". What do I do about that? I have looked on the the interweb, and anything that shows up, even on the Nintendo website is in a language I don't understand.

Please help me out here. I am not stupid, so I can understand some techno-babble, but I am not entirely versed in the complexities of its speech, so please answer this question in layman's terms.

Whoever helps me connect to the internet, I will be eternally in your debt.

Thanks in advance.

#129739 Airtech Jet Squadron Mod

Posted by karpenter63 on 14 November 2007 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

Too bad the plane is aerodynamic at all, or you could attach motors with propellors attached and make it fly. Then you would have a fighter jet nerf gun for sweet aerial attacks. Imagine that thing swooping down on you and launching 4 darts at you at once. It would be really intense.

By the way, good job.

#129529 Savings At Target

Posted by karpenter63 on 12 November 2007 - 01:07 PM in General Nerf

I was at toys r us on Saturday, and they were selling 2 bbbb, and 2 single teks in one package for 30$. It seemed like a pretty good deal, but I wasn't in the market for those guns.

#129452 Workplace.

Posted by karpenter63 on 11 November 2007 - 06:13 PM in Homemades

I work on my ping-pong table with some newspaper spread over top of it.

When I need to use power tools, I move into my dad's workroom that has about 4 square feet of walking space. It gets pretty cramped in there, but I make do.