MoonMaster's Content

There have been 148 items by MoonMaster (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#259323 Nice Airgun Trigger Design

Posted by MoonMaster on 18 December 2009 - 04:45 PM in Homemades

This valve is really similar to badwrench's air valve.

#256854 Stablizer With The Rscb

Posted by MoonMaster on 20 November 2009 - 02:33 PM in Darts and Barrels

An inline clip would work a lot better for your purposes, it would be sleeker and have less dead space.

#255953 Couple Questions About The Double Shot?

Posted by MoonMaster on 11 November 2009 - 06:09 AM in Modifications

I think General Cole did this over on NHQ with cpvc, did he post it here too?

#253057 Rfdg Help

Posted by MoonMaster on 09 October 2009 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

I found my mom's camera, but I won't be able to take pics until tomorrow, I'm going to my friend's house tonight.

#252977 Rfdg Help

Posted by MoonMaster on 08 October 2009 - 07:31 PM in Modifications

What ring? And I'm sorry my camera is the broken. I'll try and get pics tomorrow.

#252972 Rfdg Help

Posted by MoonMaster on 08 October 2009 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

I recently modded an RFDG to look like the terrible shotgun from fallout. Only problem is, I can't get it to close, or when I do, the turret doesn't rotate. I've successfully closed RZB's on the first try, so I don't think it's a "getting things aligned" problem. Any help would be appreciated.

#252745 Nerf 1928 Tommy Gun

Posted by MoonMaster on 06 October 2009 - 01:38 PM in Homemades

With the magstrike it doesn't need to be tilted because the next burst of air should also push the darts forward in the same manner, then the one after fires another. That's why it takes about 5 bursts for 3 darts.

#251020 Triple Nightfinder Help

Posted by MoonMaster on 20 September 2009 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

Stalk? Lol.

It's stock.

Don't get me wrong though. I hope this gets fixed. It looks really cool.

#250957 ?magstrike-longshot Integration?

Posted by MoonMaster on 20 September 2009 - 06:25 AM in Modifications

The magstrike piston moves less than an inch. There's no way they're opeining and closing any breaches. I think he mans that you should use the magstrike clip.

#248646 Tfs-semi

Posted by MoonMaster on 26 August 2009 - 01:21 PM in Homemades

I think I have the loading figured out, a cylinder will push the bolt forward when the tank is pressurized, then when the dart is fired the air will leave the cylinder and it will reract the bolt, then when the tank is refilled the cylinder will extend again.

#248603 Tfs-semi

Posted by MoonMaster on 25 August 2009 - 10:58 PM in Homemades

Thanks for helping me over at spudfiles. As you probably realized I plan on making a semi-auto, it will be a nerf gun. Do you have the part number on mcmaster for that air cylinder or did you order it somewhere else?

#248104 Circuit Question

Posted by MoonMaster on 22 August 2009 - 10:21 AM in Modifications

Depending on the circumstances, series circuits can work without a noticable difference in brightness. On a clear airsof gun I used 2 parallel sets of 4 LED series circuts. They all appear the same brightness even though they're in a series circuit. I also didn't use a resistor because the LED's I used were 2.25 volts each.

#247909 Raider Overhaul Write-up

Posted by MoonMaster on 20 August 2009 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

I think that your dead space reduction is hurting your performance.
Dead space inhibits range far less than airflow.
You have effectively severely limited airflow for a small amount of dead space reduction.
I think you should try and remove the hot glue, and see if that helps range.

Just my $0.02

#247281 Rifling Barrels

Posted by MoonMaster on 16 August 2009 - 07:41 PM in Homemades

As long as the center of gravity is ahead of the center of pressure, the dart will be stable. Rifling nerf darts is a pointless waste of the gun's energy, as the darts are already as stable as they can be, and rifling will sap energy from the dart. This is not a useful endeavor for anything but evenly weighted darts, and I don't see why you would want to do that.

#246548 Break In

Posted by MoonMaster on 11 August 2009 - 10:31 AM in Off Topic

Dude, that sucks. I thought it sucked when I went into my workshop in my garage and found my drill missing. I thought I misplaced it but apparently it had been stolen.

#242954 Nerf Raider Cs-35

Posted by MoonMaster on 21 July 2009 - 09:43 AM in General Nerf

Sorry if this is a stupid question:

Do think it would be possible to mod the magazine so it is center with the gun (longshot)?

I'm sorry, I felt stupid after I asked if it would be possible to relocate the priming mechanism so I could have a side loading Recon...

However what you're asking for is just that. A recon. A Raider with a bottom loading clip is a Recon.

I thought he was asking for the magazine to be modified in such a way that the circular part would be divided directly in half in one extended the straight part. So it would look like a normal drum mag.

#237607 Raider Preview

Posted by MoonMaster on 20 June 2009 - 09:06 AM in General Nerf

Thanks? Where did this random outburst come from? I have read about every post and I did not see anyone mention this 'straw' mod.
-Loni

Oh, really? Every post? Hmm...

Again, this is only with the Ars removed. There are still things he can do to it, like etape to compress the spring more, power stock, seal improvement, new breech/brass in the breach, lube, straw mod to kill some dead space.

Just a question... I have never angel breached a Longshot nor do I have a sufficient amount of experience with either the LS or the Recon, so please keep that in mind when reading this question. Anyway, could you angel breach the Raider and then do a straw mod to help eliminate dead space? Would this not work?

cheesypiza001 specifically asked a question about the straw mod, and MSDFS also mentioned it. Next time, before you decide to be an asshole, actually know what you're talking about.

#237504 Raider Preview

Posted by MoonMaster on 19 June 2009 - 08:26 PM in General Nerf

I really don't think a straw mod is advisable with this gun, or pretty much any gun that has decent airflow. On the Maverick, where the straw mod was originally used, the airflow is already greatly reduced, just by design, so eliminating dead space. For the minimal amount of dead space a straw mod on this gun would eliminate, the straw mod isn't worth it as airflow will be drastically reduced.

#236582 Better-than-commercial-quality Crossbow

Posted by MoonMaster on 15 June 2009 - 08:55 PM in Homemades

Your posts make me lose faith in humanity. I hope you're never allowed to breed.

A crossbow string? Better than a spring? Springs won't wear out as fast, and keep the gun nice and compact. Also since the plunger rod on a +bow goes all the way back to the butt of the stock, you couldn't easily aim properly with a string in the way.

Magazines tend to be unreliable, at least in my experience. That, and who needs one when you have a breech loader capable of 140 feet?

And durable? My friend made a +bow. There didn't seem to be any real way to break it.

Okay fine, +bows aren't fragile, fine fine, I get it, pardon me for not investing hundreds in those. Now, how do you know what kind of string I'm using? And it will be possible to interchange the string with a spring. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I think you are talking about magazine's without shells. Yes, those suck. But the gun will use shells, so you won't get any squished darts! Isn't breech-loading cumbersome when you have to reach into your pocket, get a dart, open the breech, put it in, close the breech, cock the gun, and shoot, when a single pump stroke will do the same? Also, is there any faith left to lose for humanity?

Shells suck. When you go to reload you have to reach into your pockets x times, pull x darts out of your pockets, put x darts in shells, put x shells in the magazine, then prime the blaster, and fire. So for that, the equation is graphed as y=4x+2. With a breach, y=7. X is the number of darts in the magazine and y is the number of steps it will take to reload your gun. Unless x is less than one, breeches are faster than shelled magazines. Shelled magazines may have a higher burst rate of fire, but overall, simplicity is key.

#236565 Better-than-commercial-quality Crossbow

Posted by MoonMaster on 15 June 2009 - 08:36 PM in Homemades

Your posts make me lose faith in humanity. I hope you're never allowed to breed.

A crossbow string? Better than a spring? Springs won't wear out as fast, and keep the gun nice and compact. Also since the plunger rod on a +bow goes all the way back to the butt of the stock, you couldn't easily aim properly with a string in the way.

Magazines tend to be unreliable, at least in my experience. That, and who needs one when you have a breech loader capable of 140 feet?

And durable? My friend made a +bow. There didn't seem to be any real way to break it.

#234317 Introducing A Hellcannon

Posted by MoonMaster on 04 June 2009 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

I like the concept, but maybe just a 1 shot clip would have been better. A little less range but amazing reload time.

Isn't a one shot clip a barrel?

#233978 Which Dremel To Get?

Posted by MoonMaster on 02 June 2009 - 04:47 PM in Off Topic

I have a dremel 300 as well. It came with a really cool cutting bit that looks more like a drill bit and will never break. It's held up fine for the longest time I've ever had a dremel last, and it's still working just like the day I got it. I had a few non dremel brand "dremels" that broke within a few months. I would just stick with a 300.

#230209 +bow: Diy Thread

Posted by MoonMaster on 14 May 2009 - 06:03 PM in Homemades

Yes, I believe using a bit like that is dangerous. It is an abrasive cutting bit, meaning it will heat up the plastic. There are special bits that don't heat the plastic to fuming temperatures but instead cut out little pieces bit by bit.

#220495 New Breach

Posted by MoonMaster on 29 March 2009 - 04:11 PM in Modifications

Same with an AT2K pump tube.

#215917 Michigan Nerf Out

Posted by MoonMaster on 02 March 2009 - 03:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I didn't know there was one last year. Poo. I'm a maybe for this year though.

#214883 What... The... Fuck...

Posted by MoonMaster on 25 February 2009 - 08:40 AM in Site Feedback

Foamfoot, have you failed to realize the fact that a majority of the posts still have decent grammar and spelling?
I mean, when the admins validate more members, there's more work for them to do. I think that the standards they've maintained kick some serious ass. Sure there's a few annoying n00bs, but a vast majority of the posts I've seen are well thought out and supported. I don't really think this deserved it's own thread.

#214768 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by MoonMaster on 24 February 2009 - 08:32 PM in General Nerf

This picture doesn't really add anything, but it still belongs in this thread. I don't think it's been posted before.

Posted Image

#210047 2009 New Nerf Gun?

Posted by MoonMaster on 06 February 2009 - 11:28 PM in General Nerf

This is obviously a pic from after the vulcan was released. Realize that the chain is grey, not orange, and the handle is striped yellow, not solid. This means the vulcan is more recent. So no one missed this in an earlier pic.

#209241 Math Puzzle

Posted by MoonMaster on 03 February 2009 - 04:03 PM in Off Topic

Seeing as Nerfer34 just posted a much simpler way, my way seems retarded now. I used the formula <Removed due to spoiler> where x is the radius of the small circle. I am pretty sure that this is correct, but I want someone else to verify. I will remove the formula if it is considered a spoiler.

There. Thanks Splitlip, It is now spoiler free.

#208595 Banet Mod

Posted by MoonMaster on 01 February 2009 - 12:44 PM in General Nerf

I don't want to see you banned, as many new members are. So I'm willing to help. Grammar should be your friend. Don't be its friend like VACC is, grammar doesn't like to drown in sticky substances. Just be it's friend. Also, concept threads are uncool. Don't post them.

#206891 The Basic Explaination Of The Rscb

Posted by MoonMaster on 27 January 2009 - 03:49 PM in Darts and Barrels

Wouldn't the ball valve slice/mangle darts when you try to close it?

#206880 Temperature Question

Posted by MoonMaster on 27 January 2009 - 03:12 PM in General Nerf

The taggers will also not have much travel as the head prevents them from entering the brass. I think your titan is fine.

#206553 Intergration Poll

Posted by MoonMaster on 26 January 2009 - 02:30 PM in Modifications

I too think it is useless.
Maverick + Recon integration, not intergration.

#204080 The Domsayer - Gow Inspired Rfsg

Posted by MoonMaster on 17 January 2009 - 10:26 AM in Modifications

I too noticed the Thompson influence. I think this may be one of the most badass nerf blasters of all time.

Whoops. Didn't realize. I don't play GOW.

#203094 Ls/recon Question

Posted by MoonMaster on 13 January 2009 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

Nope. There is also more air resistance forcing the dart through a tube than through open air. Turbulent forces and such.

#198117 Martial Arts?

Posted by MoonMaster on 22 December 2008 - 06:22 PM in Off Topic

I too am a black belt. I earned such a rank February 3, 2006.

#198009 Auto Tommy 20 Pistol

Posted by MoonMaster on 22 December 2008 - 12:44 PM in Modifications

That's how the real Thompson grips looked, if I'm not mistaken.

#197871 Semi Successful Home Made Air Tank

Posted by MoonMaster on 21 December 2008 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

If someone actually uses the coaxial setup, they could use a Big SNAP gasket system on the piston for the sealing face, maybe some of the gasket cut so it doesn't seal with the walls of the chamber. And a hose handle pilot valve... Hmm. I know what I'm building sometime soon.

#197696 Nerf Cs-6 Recon Barrel Volume Vs "bladder" Volume

Posted by MoonMaster on 21 December 2008 - 10:09 AM in Modifications

You do not want to put anything in the faux barrel attachement. It does not seal with the bolt and so anything in it will only contribut to the friction acting on the dart, not the barrel length.

#197690 Semi Successful Home Made Air Tank

Posted by MoonMaster on 21 December 2008 - 09:50 AM in Homemades

I know this is sort of off topic, as your valve works in an entirely different way, but has anyone else looked into coaxial valves for NERF? Spudfiles has plenty of good ideas that could easily be scaled down to fire a small dart. These particular valves work like big salvo blast chambers in a way. I think they could really be useful.

http://www.spudfiles...ally-t8157.html