JATDO's Content

There have been 297 items by JATDO (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#286671 How To Make A Nitemav/mavfinder That Actually Works

Posted by JATDO on 07 October 2010 - 09:36 PM in Modifications

Nice job!
I've always thought of the night-mav near impossible to re-create,but you proved me wrong.
The only thing I think you should really do is change the plunger tube to petg tubing, it wold greatly increase range and make it more clear. Clear is good :)

#279779 Slide Action, Magazine Fed Side Arm: Sas-5

Posted by JATDO on 08 July 2010 - 08:11 PM in Homemades

I really like this, I have just one question for you.
How fast can you get all 5 rounds in the clip off? Can you shoot them all without any jams?

#279122 You Guys Might Like This!

Posted by JATDO on 01 July 2010 - 12:01 AM in General Nerf

But its going to have like the range of the mavrick and the price of a vulcan. In my opinion (yea I spelled it out) its just not going to be worth it.
Oh and if anyone gets one and doesn't want the foregrip thing, shoot me a PM. My taticool recon looks lonely without it.

#279114 You Guys Might Like This!

Posted by JATDO on 30 June 2010 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

I'm not sure if the Admins are gonna be okay with this. But I like it.
I like how the BB (barrel Break) primes.
The Spartan just looks like a small vulcan. But I like the bipod/fore grip.

#278467 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by JATDO on 24 June 2010 - 03:09 PM in News

screw the blaster!

Look very closely at those darts.

Here's a link http://a3.images22.5...09d6db36d5a.jpg

What's so special about them other that they look longer? The heads also look smaller, more in line with the dart.

Rear-loadable.

They seem to be basically streamlines with a whistler head.
The instructions on the gun show that it will be rear loading. This kinda sucks, you can't use normal stock darts. On the other hand you might be able to use stefans without removing the AR's. I'm not sure how the posts on the AR's would be.

#278131 Splitfire/2k Turret Modification!

Posted by JATDO on 20 June 2010 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

I really like this mod. I like how you took an existing mod and put your own twist on to it.
And its mega clean.
Good work!

#277616 Homemade At2k Tank

Posted by JATDO on 13 June 2010 - 05:07 PM in Homemades

Do you think you could make the front hole on the tank into a coupler? That way you could just put a barrel on it.

#277612 Homemade At2k Tank

Posted by JATDO on 13 June 2010 - 04:32 PM in Homemades

This is very very cool. How heavy are these?
And if you do perfect these, and if you're willing to sell them, how much would they cost?

Good luck getting them to work. :)

#277583 Nerf Reactor Mod Video - Credit To Kipkay

Posted by JATDO on 13 June 2010 - 10:58 AM in Modifications

If you gonna make this you might as well just shove some taggers down the barrel of a 12-gauge...

This is why Humans were made to exceed over the rest of the Animal Kingdom

Seriously guys, explosives and Nerf do not mix.
If you do plan to do anything like this just be careful. We don't need any dead nerfers lying around.

#277443 "clear The Way"

Posted by JATDO on 11 June 2010 - 03:19 PM in General Nerf

I really want to make replace the plunger tube in a NF with 1" petg then put a petg barrel. And try to find a clear plunger rod. It would be awsome.

I like the nerf brand helmets. Gotta be safe while nerfing...

#277296 Deluge Tanks Doubleshot Mod

Posted by JATDO on 09 June 2010 - 08:59 PM in Modifications

It gets hard to pump at 6 or so pumps, and maxes out after 8 pumps.

Chances are with a hornet/magstrike pump you could get a few more pumps but then again I don't know how strong the CPVC tank will be. But your ranges aren't bad at all.
Have you thought of using PETG for the barrel? Unless CPVC gives you a loose fit chances are you could get better ranges with PETG.

#277294 Deluge Tanks Doubleshot Mod

Posted by JATDO on 09 June 2010 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

EDIT: I'll say right now that Hot glue is NOT a good sealant, I suggest that some more super glue to be used, or plumbers goop over the hot glue to ensure that no air escapes.

The super glue should be more then enough, have you ever tried to blow into a piece of CPVC with an endcap on it? Its hard, the super glue really just keeps it attached.

But on topic, this looks sick! I was waiting for the write up since I saw this in the Paint Job thread.
For keeping the tubing internal, which in my mind is near essential if you want to actually use this outside, right after the tee you could use a right angle down then another right angle towards the center leaving the endcaps right inside the shell!
It is just an idea, but if you ever make another..
Another question, how many times do you pump it? How many pumps does it get hard to pump at? Its hard to get max pressure with a 3k pump. Oh and there was a typo when you described what pump you used.

#277106 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by JATDO on 07 June 2010 - 08:15 PM in News

But it looks like it uses the whistler darts, which have a tip larger than the body. So I'm wondering how you rear-load those things as well.

EDIT: At this point, my guess is that you simply break open the barrels and then load the darts into the rear of the gun. The front barrels are likely only for show/some semblance of accuracy. Which really would be fairly pointless, IMO.

Thats what I think, so we we could just unscrew the hinge CPVC it and use it like that.

#276690 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by JATDO on 02 June 2010 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Name: Eleanor
I have an odd habit of naming everything of sentimental value to me normal names.
Mods Done: Nothing too special, DT3 spring, level 4 reinforcements, reinforced plunger rod, replaced plunger tube. And an amazing seal, with the help of Cheesypiza001. I kept the stock plunger rod, catch, and trigger because I didn't want my Crossbow to be a Plus-Bow in a shell.
Integrations: I really don't have the need for any, with the use of a breech the ROF is enough to hold people off, and I wanted to keep the shell as stock and clean as possible.
Comments: I bought this a while back, for a steal if I may add, when I got it it wasn't in working condition. So I nurtured her to health again. I had to re-do the plunger rod reinforcements and the skirt needed some work, and to add to the performance replaced the plunger tube and gave it a "universal coupler". The range is enough, and the gun is easy to aim and fire so its pretty damn accurate. Over all I love this gun, its amazing knowing that this gun is my age.. weird right?

#275993 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by JATDO on 25 May 2010 - 09:11 PM in News

I assume they aren't gonna use shells. If they do I might have to stop buying N-strike guns all together.
I am curios to see how they load the darts. I am definitely going to buy it.

#275825 Cs-18 Clip - Hands On

Posted by JATDO on 24 May 2010 - 04:23 PM in General Nerf

Try using the bipod on the Longshot now!
I rather just use a 12 round super clip and not have to get my huge ass clip stuck on everything I walk by. Have you found a way to hold more on you then just in the blaster?
I still like the classic 6 round clips better.

#275824 Diy: Hopper Clips

Posted by JATDO on 24 May 2010 - 04:14 PM in Darts and Barrels

Thanks Ryan, you just help me solve my hopper clip problems! And thanks for posting that dart door link, I would of never found out about it.

And congrats on getting 300 points bowling in 2004.

#275605 Deadliest Warrior On Spike Tv

Posted by JATDO on 23 May 2010 - 12:29 AM in Off Topic

I find that most of the gun testing rather stupid, but to see a guy wail on a side of beef is awesome

Although I prefer when they use guns, the gun tests have too much human error evolved. Like in the IRA vs The Spetnaz the IRA guy wasn't a trained gunman, yet he had to do the handgun "challenge".
I also thought the most recent one was bullshit, not the actual win but what guns they used. I don't understand why the SS used early WWII guns. I think the main face off should of been the STG 44/ MP 43 vs the Ak-47.
It makes no sence.
And how does the Pungi sticks have anything on a flame thrower...

#275476 Spring Bcno

Posted by JATDO on 21 May 2010 - 04:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I feel bad because I am going into the opposite direction from everyone else, but I can't go. Sorry.

#275356 Spring Bcno

Posted by JATDO on 19 May 2010 - 09:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Are we still game for the 22st?
I am as long as my ride is aswell.
And is there anyone that could sell me about 100 or so darts? Slug darts are preferred and they need to fit 17/32 nicely.

#274604 Spring Bcno

Posted by JATDO on 12 May 2010 - 03:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I like the two wars idea, but one on the 22nd, I have plans on the 23rd.
And I would check for another date.

#274198 Has Anyone Considered Making/using Sights?

Posted by JATDO on 06 May 2010 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

As others have told you sighs aren't that useful, I just kind of aim for my guns.
But just in case you wanted to know when you make a + Bow it has built in sights, depending on how you make it.

#274095 Spring Bcno

Posted by JATDO on 05 May 2010 - 06:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I got the Ok from my family, but I need a ride.

#274076 Psn Recreational Group

Posted by JATDO on 05 May 2010 - 03:17 PM in Off Topic

PSN- annunziata
Games- A lot. I'm up for CoD4 or MW2, skate 2, MAG (I need real teammates), Burnout and I have GameFly so I just get games at my will :blink:

I'm happy this is going to get back up and running.
And if you fell like adding me as a PSN friend say who you are and they you are from NH please.

#272929 Spring Bcno

Posted by JATDO on 21 April 2010 - 06:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I need to check what I'm doing in May, but I would love to go.

#272543 Cs 18?

Posted by JATDO on 18 April 2010 - 08:39 AM in General Nerf

Nice fotoshop...............

You could of at least spelled it right.

It looks... clumsy.
Do you actually have one, or is this just a picture of one?

#272223 Dart Door V2

Posted by JATDO on 14 April 2010 - 05:55 PM in Darts and Barrels

:D
This makes me happy. And chance you could help me make one?

But seriously, this is really cool. Your L+L is going to diddle. The reload time is now like +5 and the accuracy is like 14 and the range is like 17!!1!!!1!!

#271945 Rel Gun Look Alike?

Posted by JATDO on 11 April 2010 - 06:50 PM in General Nerf

This has nothing at all to do with nerf, at all.
Everyone knows nerf is trying to be tacticool. We don't need someone telling us that. And it doesn't help that everyone here loves to paint their guns black..

#271917 Nysno

Posted by JATDO on 11 April 2010 - 10:53 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok sure,we'll share it then. It looks like may 1st is good for me for my war so what do you guys think?

Not for me, but don't change the date for me.

#271755 Nysno

Posted by JATDO on 09 April 2010 - 08:39 PM in Nerf Wars

We just need to find a date, later would be better though...
And I already sent a PM back to you Skitzo.

#271678 Nysno

Posted by JATDO on 08 April 2010 - 06:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I won't know until tomorrow if I will definitely be coming. (Still trying to get a ride.)
If I do show up it will be with one or two new players.

Attendance currently looks like...

Definite:1
Ubermensch

"High Maybe": 5-7
+Ubermensch 1-2
JATDO
Skitzo +1-2
alextwin007

At the moment we have a maximum of 8 people which is good, but a few more would be nice.
Does anyone still attending know where this place is?

Skitzo-

Yea I'm not good for this weekend, Damn I wish I was old enough to drive...

#271538 Snap Crossbow

Posted by JATDO on 06 April 2010 - 08:25 PM in Homemades

I really like this, all of your work is really nice. Clean, comfortable and functional!
On a somewhat side note, I like the idea of putting a dart in the barrel when loading a RSCB, for some reason I just never thought of that.

#270926 Nysno

Posted by JATDO on 31 March 2010 - 11:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I can make it the 10th, I need to make sure though.

#270740 Nysno

Posted by JATDO on 29 March 2010 - 09:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I really can't go this weekend, sorry.
Maybe a later date, I am basically in the same situation as Skitzo.

#270264 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by JATDO on 24 March 2010 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

This is an amazing mod, I love the secondary inside a secondary thing going on here. But one quick question, which gun inside the NF is the "Primary"?

#269989 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by JATDO on 22 March 2010 - 08:55 PM in General Nerf

In this episode of Seinfeld George is talking to Susan in her apartment and there is a Ballzooka on a bookshelf, in the box!

#268604 Nysno

Posted by JATDO on 08 March 2010 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I live like an hour away so there is a chance I might be able to go.

or anything that shoots well over 100 feet. Only slug and stock darts alowed. Don't be a douchebag.

At least one springer pistol that doesnt shoot over about 60 ft

4:20

Personally I think the rules are a bit tight, if you can hit a target the size of a human at 100 feet you are amazing at aiming, but most of us can't so I don't think having a gun that can shoot over 100 feet should be a problem, and the same thing with pistols that shoot over 60.
4:20? Is this a variation of 3:15? Or are you just excited for April 4th?

#267622 Connecticut April Madness!

Posted by JATDO on 02 March 2010 - 05:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm might be able to attend. It mostly depends on where the war will take place.

And maybe we could set up a carpool?

I have enough supplies from last war, so as long as my parents are up for it I am too.

#267310 Crossbow Shell Modification

Posted by JATDO on 27 February 2010 - 11:24 PM in Modifications

This is amazing, I've been watching your updates on the modification thread and I was waiting for the finalization of your mod.
Great use of a shitty crossbow shell.

#266861 Pvc Nerf Gun Rack I Made

Posted by JATDO on 25 February 2010 - 01:02 PM in General Nerf

Nice! This is a really cool home made storage idea, I might make one so my mom can stop yelling yelling at me to clean my room.

I'm also curious about the red LongShot, is it part of the Red Strike thing? And is that ammo belt home made as well? Where do you live? I've seen things about nerf making ammo belts.