mayhem's Content

There have been 95 items by mayhem (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#158172 2k Goo Gauge

Posted by mayhem on 05 June 2008 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

If you cut it off at the base of the goo gauge then the rubber seal will rupture if you leave it as is and prime the blaster. If you fill the cavity with hot glue after that... just fill it up; then the rubber seal will not rupture. So that would, and does work.

#69652 Secret Shot

Posted by mayhem on 21 December 2005 - 05:47 AM in Modifications

Just as extra information: Here's what I did:

http://www.freewebs....ds.htm#32983047

There are 2 write-ups there.

#69651 Modifacation For The Tek 10?

Posted by mayhem on 21 December 2005 - 05:42 AM in Modifications

He, that link took me to an error page. That's why most people don't search before posting something: BECAUE THEY DO, but the page just gives them an "internal error" and doesn't tell them what went wrong.

Anyway, about the tek10: here's what I did:

http://www.freewebs....fs.htm#54854309

#67147 Bolts New Pistol

Posted by mayhem on 05 November 2005 - 12:30 PM in General Nerf

I like the look of your design, have you thought of how the clip mechanism would work? Are there shells, or just darts? If there are shells how would they advance? If it's darts, how would you keep them from getting squished?

I had basically the same idea for a design a while back: (top one)

Posted Image

It wouldn't use shells, instead small rubber bullets that wouldn't get deformed as they're pushed together.

Yours has a lot more homemade potential than mine does though.

#67079 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mayhem on 03 November 2005 - 07:49 PM in Modifications

You can find all my modifications here: http://www.freewebs....difications.htm

Man_with_many_guns, I like the fact that you take the stock off of your AT2K with stock. Is it comfortable ?

#67057 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mayhem on 03 November 2005 - 01:19 PM in Modifications

You can see what I did here: http://www.freewebs....fs.htm#54854309

And to help keep pictures to a maximum:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#67018 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mayhem on 02 November 2005 - 06:48 PM in Modifications

My collection

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#65324 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by mayhem on 08 October 2005 - 02:02 PM in Modifications

I pump it seven times.

7 times ?! I hope that means you didn't plug the airrelease valve!
If you haven't, you should, and then limit your pumps to 2-3. The range will be greatly increased. The thing with airreleasevalves is, it doesn't matter how times you pump it, you could pump it a thousand times, it will just keep letting the exces air out.

#65323 New Version Bbb Mod

Posted by mayhem on 08 October 2005 - 01:58 PM in Modifications

Personally I really like the paintjob, the much white, and little black makes it look like a stormtroopers weapon or something.

Good job on the modification and the write-up.

#65070 My Gun Design

Posted by mayhem on 04 October 2005 - 08:54 PM in General Nerf

Well, it's a good design. But maybe you could make it look a bit cooler.

If hasbro let me design a gun I would take my tek10 shotgun:
Posted Image

and I would put a 4barrel turret on the front, and place 2 plungers in the gun.
When you cock it, it turns the turret.When you pull the trigger halfway, it shoots plunger 1. When you pull it fully back, it fires plunger number 2. That would be awesome, 4 shots in under 2 seconds.

O and I would make these:
http://img.photobuck...erfgunideas.jpg
http://img.photobuck...rfgunideas2.jpg

#65069 Do You Search?

Posted by mayhem on 04 October 2005 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

Sometimes, the search engine doesn't seem to work. It says some kind of error when I try to search.

Same here, I often get an error.

I voted " I look through the forums". I've been around a while, and can usually remember wether I've come across something before or not and how long ago. I've also used www.nerfworld.com as a good recourse for mods.

#65043 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by mayhem on 04 October 2005 - 03:29 PM in Modifications

I don't think it matters which tape you use.
I like using masking tape because it's thin, and a lot can be apllied if necessary.
When you exchange the barrels with PVC you can still shoot stock darts.

#65002 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by mayhem on 04 October 2005 - 12:56 AM in Modifications

Here's mine, just so you can compare...
http://www.freewebs....ns.htm#28108608

#62587 Unkown Gun Mod(pics)

Posted by mayhem on 26 August 2005 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

There's is pretty much no way to sucessfully modify it and to still use the clip, the way it works stock is: There is no barrel, the airtank gets pushed up against the dart, and the airflow propels the dart out of the clip itself, no barrel involved. A lot of air gets wasted.

#62177 Unkown Gun Mod(pics)

Posted by mayhem on 18 August 2005 - 12:28 AM in Modifications

Hell yeah !

Posted Image

The top is the original shell
The bottem is my modification using the internals.
I basically did the same thing Trav did, only adding a case.

#58554 Maverick

Posted by mayhem on 01 July 2005 - 05:10 PM in Modifications

Awh, I agree with you AirApache.

I usually like to try to modify a nerfgun first before I look up a mod for it.
It makes me more proud about it, and has more potential to turn out original.

And if it makes you feel any better, i appreciate you. :D

#58553 Modified Secret Shot

Posted by mayhem on 01 July 2005 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

What I did to mine.

http://www.freewebs....ds.htm#32983047

Posted Image

My other Secret shot, double barreled.

http://www.freewebs....ds.htm#54242601

Posted Image

#58324 Water Guns

Posted by mayhem on 27 June 2005 - 05:43 AM in Modifications

I had a watergun with the same internals, when my SM1500 broke I used it to fix it. It shoots extremely hard now with 3 pumps, and I didn't need any glue to get it airtight.

That's a welldone mod, very clean, very cool. It'd be even cooler with a stock.

-I like the way you take pictures of your crotch and post them on the internet- :P

#58086 Punch Into A Shot?

Posted by mayhem on 24 June 2005 - 03:25 AM in General Nerf

This 12 year old kid that plays with us sometimes does that with his Nite Finder. It is crazy,he easily gets 10 ft farther by doing that and amazingly enough has practised enough that he doesn't lose much accuracy.

#57643 Tek10

Posted by mayhem on 16 June 2005 - 03:09 PM in Modifications

I've changed the look a little, and tested the range again with different darts.
The new range is 60-70 ft. The new look is:

Posted Image

#57622 My Lbb Rifle

Posted by mayhem on 16 June 2005 - 11:03 AM in Modifications

I've got to say: That's extremely cool looking.
Good job on getting the m4a1 grip so straight.

I don't know if it's possible, put you could try to change the pumphandle with a realistic looking stock. Like the one from an m4a1.

#57604 At2k Mod Help

Posted by mayhem on 16 June 2005 - 04:27 AM in Modifications

100 ft huh ?
I would much rather have 4 quicker shots that go 85 ft than the one that goes 100.

But since you have 2, you could turn one into a loser (long range weapon) and keep the turret on the other one.

#57552 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by mayhem on 15 June 2005 - 11:42 AM in General Nerf

Well, since we're allowed to:

I'm pretty sure I'm the first to do this to a Tek10, and I'm pretty proud of it.

Posted Image

Other than that, I've got a few mods I'm proud of. Like my Dual NF, and My ATP90.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57541 Tek10

Posted by mayhem on 15 June 2005 - 04:44 AM in Modifications

Yeah, I think I messed that rubber part up... that didn't help the seal any.
But it's too late now... there's no way I can reattach the turret anymore.
Ans I don't have anymore.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE COOL ?

If you've gotten your tek10 or your tek6 to get decent ranges, then do the shotgun mod to it... I mean think about it: shotgun action, 6 -10 barrels, stinkin' awesome if you ask me. I've got a friend who messed up his tek6, maybe he'll let me try it.

By the way: The pictures aren't working at the moment because photobucket is down. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

#57505 Tek10

Posted by mayhem on 14 June 2005 - 12:09 PM in Modifications

I would like to know why the turret didn't work out, do you think it was a bad seal or maybe just not enough air from the small plunger to push the darts out?

I think it was just everything put together, the small plungertube, there's nothing to seal it between the plungertube and the turret, it wasn't easy to get the barrels airtight... so, yeah. Very dissapointing.

But I am happy with this, I just thought about it yesterday. And the more I thought about it, the more I thought I could actually do it. And it turned out better than I expected.

I'm running out of nerfguns to modify ^_^

-EDIT- I wrote a write up: http://www.freewebs....fs.htm#54854309

#57502 Sm3k

Posted by mayhem on 14 June 2005 - 11:39 AM in Modifications

Glad I could help.
Please post anything you want.
Hope it all works out.

#57499 Tek10

Posted by mayhem on 14 June 2005 - 11:05 AM in Modifications

- I think I got the tek10 at a toys are us in Oklahoma last summer.
- I thought about taking picture while I was doing it, but I wasn't too hopeful it was going to work out, and taking pictures just gets me excited and if it turns out terrible I'm dissapointed. BUT, since it worked I'm going to work on a few drawings that will show where I cut, and how I did the trigger mechanism.
-Ranges are not incredible, but it does get a decent 50 ft.

#57494 Tek10

Posted by mayhem on 14 June 2005 - 10:41 AM in Modifications

-EDIT- Here's a write up! http://www.freewebs....fs.htm#54854309

Userjjb did a single barrel tek6 mod, this inspired me to go ahead and do that to my tek10. (Reference to single barrel mod: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=4533 )

I have tried to mod the turret on my tek10, after replacing the barrels with some pvc and tried it out: Nothing, the darts didn't even come out of the barrels. So I decided it was time to give up on it and just go ahead and singlebarrel it.

Here's a picture of my failed turret:

Posted Image

I had a problem with singlebarreling a nerfgun with 10 quickshots.
So I decided to go the distance and try something outrageous.
I shotgun modded my tek10 by putting the trigger in a different position.
It actually works as a shotgun, because I put the cocking handle on the bottem. You hold it like a shotgun, and prime it like a shotgun. It only shoots one dart at a time.

Here's an original tek10:

Posted Image

And here's my newly shotgun modded tek10:

Posted Image

I call it the TekShotgun

Posted Image

#57493 Sm3k

Posted by mayhem on 14 June 2005 - 10:34 AM in Modifications

When the gun is apart you'll see a lot of junk and screws here and there (look at picture 8).
We will only be taking one screw out, if your gun is facing right, it's the bottem most right screw you see. It's right next to the barrel assemby and it has a kind of spacer attached to it. Unscrew it and then everything in your gun will be detached except for the barrel turning mechanism. Leave that on. There is a metal rod on the thing you just unscrewed that is "under" the barrel turning mechanism. You have to take it out at an angle to get it loose.

Okay, now we're going to take the barrel assembly off.
Find the screw that attaches the barrel assemby to the airtank section. Unscrew it, take the parts off, remember the right order, and slip your barrel assembly out. While taking this part a small white piece will fall out of the green part (see picture 8, and read the text by it) Don't lose it, and remember where it goes.

The bottem right screw lets you take the airtank+barrel assembly off (still attached by the vynil tubing)
I underlined the part where I tell you to take the barrelassembly off.

Thanks for pointing that out, it's not as clear as it could be, I'll work on that.

About the metal rod, I only remember the one that's attached to the thing with the spring. Do you have the old green/yellow version or the newer blue version ? If you can't figure it out I'll take mine apart to see if I can see it anywhere. (judging from your other post it's a yellow edition.)

About barrels and stuff: I'm not an expert, I just use what I have. Just go with what works for you.

#57398 Do You Like?

Posted by mayhem on 13 June 2005 - 12:22 AM in General Nerf

It seems a bit stretched out, but good job. It looks good.

#57324 Mod For The Lightstorm

Posted by mayhem on 12 June 2005 - 09:13 AM in Modifications

Here's what I did to mine (It was the Light Storm 2)
I like it a lot better now, but it did lose its purpose as a 10 dart semiautomatic gun.
http://www.freewebs....ns.htm#28748300
It needs a bigger pumps though, I had one... but it broke.
Posted Image

#57318 Sm3k

Posted by mayhem on 12 June 2005 - 07:34 AM in Modifications

Here's a my completely modified Supermaxx 3000
Posted Image

Here's the write-up for it:
http://www.freewebs....fs.htm#54637042

Ranges: 60-65 ft. score: 8/10
ROF: Stinkin' awesome : score: 9/10
Reliability: pumping fast => skipping : score: 5/10
Coolness factor: I love this thing. : score: 9/10
Sturdiness: These guns tend to feel slightly flimsy : score: 6/10
stock-mod: The difference between this gun stock and modified is amazing: score: 8/10

#56342 Sm3000 Broken?

Posted by mayhem on 02 June 2005 - 12:28 AM in Modifications

Did you plugg the airrelease valve?
When I did this, and pumped 3 times there was so much pressure in the airtank that the trigger spring couldn't pull the metal rod out. If that's the problem, just do the bic pen mod.

#56027 At2k Question

Posted by mayhem on 30 May 2005 - 09:41 AM in Modifications

No, a straw would not be able to handle the pressure.

#55930 Relationship Help

Posted by mayhem on 29 May 2005 - 08:11 AM in Off Topic

Long distence relationships never work.

That's just not true.

#55929 Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by mayhem on 29 May 2005 - 08:10 AM in Off Topic

But mayhem see Obi Wan didn't betray him, he betrayed Obi Wan and then faced the consequences.

I'm sorry, that was confusing. BUT I am sure that's how anakin felt. In his mind the jedi have always underappreciated him, and now his master is there to kill him.

Talio, I certainly respect your opinion. I can see how someone could feel that way. I'm a bit younger than you, and I'm sure that has something to do with it. The acting didn't bother me very much, and all the flashing lights and cool effect kept me entertained. The lizard thing...I thought it was cool, even its noise, but I do remember thinking that many people would find it annoying. AND, I tend to not dislike a movie very often...

O yeah, LOTR is awesome. But I like the books better. Poor Faramir, I feel sorry for his movie-character every time I watch it.

BY THE WAY: WHO/WHAT IS GRIEVOUS, that was just not explained enough. Dooku should've been a better fighter in III and darth maul should have survived through at leas 1, if not 2 of the movies.

#55863 Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by mayhem on 28 May 2005 - 04:16 PM in Off Topic

I love Star wars.
Always have, always will.

Episode 1: A bit for kids... I still enjoyed it.
Episode 2: Better than 1, not incredible... still enjoyed it alot.
Episode 3: This one blew me away, seriously liked it A LOT.

I've noticed that people sometimes get angry/upset/mad/sad/dissapointed when a sequel/prequel doesn't turn out how they wanted it to. Don't go to a movie with expectations, go to a movie with curiosity. I mean you don't follow a class because you know everything about it, you go because you're going to learn something.

I saw the same thing happen to "the matrix".

And what was up at the end when Anakin and Obi Wan were fighting? Anakin was litterally on fire and had his arms and legs cut off Monty Python style, and all he said was "I hate you." What the hell?! I would've been like "HOLY ****ING **** IM ON ****ING FIRE SOMEBODY ****ING HELP ME GOD DAMNIT IM ****ING DYING I MADE A MISTAKE FORGIVE ME HELP ME I HAVE NO LIMBS!!!"

Please have your legs cut off, your non mechanical arm severed, the cloths you're wearing set aflame, your best friend and mentor "betray" you, have the knowledge that the woman you love is goin to die AND THEN come back to the forum and tell me what the line should have been.

#55542 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by mayhem on 24 May 2005 - 12:39 AM in Modifications

Haha, I guess you could say I like it.
But you might have gone over the top slightly :blink:
And one could argue that it is quite ugly...no doubt it works for you though. B)

#55322 First Shot Review

Posted by mayhem on 20 May 2005 - 03:14 PM in General Nerf

I like my first shot, it can't get the ranges of a banded NF but my First Shot can get the ranges of my NF without rubberbands.

It's alos fun to have a blaster that works differently.

#54415 Someone Should Do This Quickly...

Posted by mayhem on 08 May 2005 - 03:37 PM in General Nerf

Here's mine: it's pretty detailed with lots of pictures.
http://www.freewebs....ns.htm#28108608