Fuse's Content

There have been 328 items by Fuse (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#274046 Product And Material Safety Awareness

Posted by Fuse on 04 May 2010 - 10:14 PM in General Nerf

Most of this can be summed up with:

Don't cut or burn your self. Don't inhale solvents and adhesives.

Good idea for a post, but if people need to be told these things I say let Darwin have a whack at em. :blink:

No offense, but everything apart from the CS-6 recall is very basic safety and usually written in big red text all over the tool/product. Nerfer's parents shouldn't let them near things like saws, x-actos and hot glue guns if they haven't been told this stuff already. The CS-6 recall could be useful for a parent but not so much for an active nerfer/modder. A thread just for stock gun hazards and recalls could be a good idea, though, just for people with kids.

#274038 Big Bad Bow Modding Trouble

Posted by Fuse on 04 May 2010 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

Keep in mind that most people tend to over-estimate the range on their BBB, at least they used to.

My first guess is that your darts aren't heavy enough for the increased force. I've never been able to get stock darts to match Stephans for range or accuracy in any gun with real power.

Obviously check all your seals, make sure the hot glue didn't pop off or crack anywhere.

As for the Tampon Applicator, man I hope that was new and not used. :blink:

Does the tampon applicator only hold the dart snug at the back of the barrel? If the dart isn't snug all the way out the friction won't allow the pressure to build as the spring expands (where as an air-tank gun pretty much is at full pressure as soon as the valve opens). You could be losing a lot of air pressure in the barrel once the dart comes out of the tampon applicator.

#59719 Armageddon 2005

Posted by Fuse on 20 July 2005 - 02:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, Im here in San Francisco, but the farthest south we'll be going is San Simeon, so I won't be making it to the war. Gah, I'm in the same state at the same time as the war I used to dream about flying out to as a kid.... Frustrating, but oh well. Have fun everyone.

PS. Got any touristing suggestions for this area?

#59346 Armageddon 2005

Posted by Fuse on 14 July 2005 - 07:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, that is a bit far. ^_^

But I'll discuss it with the folks this evening since its a family vacation. If I could get a rental car (under their name, no way Im getting one at 19 lol) and maybe make the drive the night before and stay with somebody or in a motel I might be able to make it work. I mean, heck, I just drove almost that far to ride skis with a couple of friends last weekend.

Man, I haven't nerfed in so long, if I show I'm going to get blasted. It'll be PE all over again when it comes to pick teams. :mellow:

#59344 Armageddon 2005

Posted by Fuse on 14 July 2005 - 06:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Uhm, so OH SNAP! I just realized I'll be in California from the 18th-2nd. That includes Armageddon, right? I used to dream of flying out for this shit. If I can come, that is going to be awesome. Can I get an exact location that I can look up on a map and see if I can make the drive from San Fran?

Sorry, but woah am I excited about this discovery.

#59341 Remember Me?

Posted by Fuse on 14 July 2005 - 06:42 PM in Off Topic

Hey everyone, remember me?

I got my wisdom teeth out monday, so I've been spending all week surfing the net, figured I'd stop in and see what's up with my old sport.

How is everyone? Still doing Armageddon and all that jazz? Any hot new mods that the young bucks have thought up?

Sorry, I'm being weird. Painkillers and what not.

I haven't touched a nerf gun all summer. It's shocking, considering how much modding I did this winter, but none of my friends really are into it anymore, and I've found something else to consume my time/money.

Freestyle Watercross. Yeah, I got that SuperJet I was talking about before I left, and it's everything I hoped. I can do a few tricks, like bulldogs, fountains, 180s, tailstands, and subs. My new online haunt is PWCToday.

There was an event thrown together by the riders recently, big ride at my local lake. It was rad. See the video here.

Anyways, I was just saying hello. Hope all is well in the nerf world. One of these days I'm going ot become interested in a sport that isn't gasping for breath. And hey, if any of you are riding in GA, let me know. Maybe we can work out a game of nerf on skis. :mellow:

#49105 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by Fuse on 09 March 2005 - 02:57 PM in General Nerf

Corona is what I drink 90% of the time. Mainly because its Coors, Bud, or Corona. Out of the three Ill take the cerveza mas fina, thank you.

Japanese beer may suck, but I loves me some sake.

#49091 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by Fuse on 09 March 2005 - 09:36 AM in General Nerf

Yeah, middleschool sucks big time. But you know what? People really don't get a whole lot better in highschool. They do improve, but you're likely still going to be a "geek". Just gotta find a group of friends who is down with that. Make it through highschool, then you're set.

#49007 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by Fuse on 08 March 2005 - 09:00 AM in General Nerf

19, also my last year as a teen. Jeez, thanks for that depressing thought, Groove. I have got to get laid in the next year or I might as well call it quits on life.

#48114 Freestyle Jetskis

Posted by Fuse on 26 February 2005 - 05:44 PM in Off Topic

Generally they are called "jetskis", or just "skis". The waverunner brand name is a specific model, where as jetski is used widely, like Tissue or Xerox. Talk to anyone who's into the sport, it's called a ski.

I don't want a Waverunner because I want to ride freestyle. Waverunners aren't bad boats, but no sitdown can compare to a standup in freestyle. Sitdowns aren't nearly as fun and require a lot less skill to ride.

#48013 Freestyle Jetskis

Posted by Fuse on 25 February 2005 - 12:28 PM in Off Topic

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone rode jetskis freestlye.
Im getting into the sport this year, going to buy a Yamaha Superjet. Already been talking to a few people who ride in my area. I can't wait for spring break. ;)

#47915 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Fuse on 24 February 2005 - 07:34 AM in Off Topic

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington was a good movie.
So was Harvey.

#47831 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Fuse on 23 February 2005 - 10:17 AM in Off Topic

Some other goodies:

Leon (The Professional)
The Boondock Saints
The Transporter
Desperado
and it's prequil El Mariachi
and its sequil (by far the worst of the 3) Once Upon a Time In Mexico
Equilibrium
Romancing the Stone
Snatch (Definitely a must see.)
and along with that Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrles, which is by the same writer/director
The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi
Ronin
Lawrence of Arabia
Mean Machine
Collateral
As Good As It Gets
Harvey

#47796 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Fuse on 22 February 2005 - 10:09 PM in Off Topic

I've got a 52" HD widescreen and 5.1 back home, and one of my favorite movies to watch is Gone In 60 Seconds. Flippin amazing on a big screen.

I also reccomend (as just good movies) The Big Lebowski, The Shawshank Redemption (A must see if you havent), SLC Punk!, Adaptation, Fight Club, and Super Troopers.

In terms of classic quality, if you havent seen Cool Hand Luke, you need to. It's probably one of, if not my #1 favorite old movie.

#47771 TV Show Nerf Sightings

Posted by Fuse on 22 February 2005 - 05:45 PM in Off Topic

Thanks. Now of course I just have to go watch the enitre movie so I can confirm this. :blush:

#47729 Most Influential In Online Nerf History?

Posted by Fuse on 21 February 2005 - 08:53 PM in General Nerf

Spoon, because he was the first nerfer I ever found on the internet.

HI HI HI THERE!

#47725 TV Show Nerf Sightings

Posted by Fuse on 21 February 2005 - 08:46 PM in Off Topic

Will and Grace had a Ratchet Blast once.
Drew Carry Show had some sort of nerf blaster, cant remember what.
Also have seen Nerf on Friends.

There might be a few others I've forgotten. Nerf guns tend to show up on network TV. I would love to raid their prop room some time.

#47472 Where Is Everyone From?

Posted by Fuse on 18 February 2005 - 01:31 AM in Off Topic

Atlanta, GA. Represent. A-town.

#47158 Ipod Shuffle Question

Posted by Fuse on 13 February 2005 - 09:59 AM in Off Topic

i recently bought a Zen Touch from creative and it is the same as an I-pod just a little bigger and a lot cheaper.
and the sound quality is much much better.
look in google or sumthing for reviews in the ipod

I'm not a huge creative fan myself. To the sound quality remark, that's gotta be bullshit. It should only depend on the headphones, files and possibly the headphone jacks [the only thing that may differ between brands] and not vary "much much" between brands. That's bullshit.

Actually it depends on the hardware and software the player uses. Sound quality can be VERY different between brands.

#47123 Ipod Shuffle Question

Posted by Fuse on 12 February 2005 - 11:21 AM in Off Topic

Id say get something from a different company for cheaper. I also have a Jukebox Zen Xtra that I have recently put an 80gb drive in, and I love it.

Apples products are expensive. All the time. Go with a company that doesnt pay to have their stuff advertised in other advertisements and you'll save money and lose little in terms of satisfaction.

I still want to kill Apple for their little "Vampire Hunter Playlist" plug in Blade Trinity. Because we all know that having earbuds in wouldnt help Vampires sneak up on you or anything.

#47097 "issues" Book

Posted by Fuse on 11 February 2005 - 12:41 AM in Off Topic

Ooh, on that note how about Brave New World? Excellent book. Sort of along the same path as 1984. It's an amazing book.

#47086 "issues" Book

Posted by Fuse on 10 February 2005 - 05:53 PM in Off Topic

Would Al Franken's Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them count? Definitely a funny book to read.

#47010 Simple Nite Finder Mod

Posted by Fuse on 08 February 2005 - 09:30 AM in Modifications

You can even widen that hole and put one of the black peices in it. With a bit of dremeling it will hold 2 darts. I have a NF modded to hold 6 extra darts, tho I rarely carry that one.

#46817 Too Funny.

Posted by Fuse on 02 February 2005 - 03:16 PM in Off Topic

Is it sad that I thought of it that way back when it was new? I was a weird kid.

#46788 Primary Weapons

Posted by Fuse on 01 February 2005 - 12:03 PM in General Nerf

I still dont feel right paying $50 for a x-bow. They are good, but not the best thing since sliced bread.

Personally, my NFs are my new main guns. Freaking awesome. We'll see how the Mavs I just got (Thanks Inferno!) stack up.

#46738 Help With New Nf's

Posted by Fuse on 31 January 2005 - 11:22 AM in General Nerf

Ok, so they have differnet springs: If I was planning on doing the Maverick plunger replacement, would I be better off buying new or old NFs since I have both in local stores. Is the new spring weaker?

#46736 Theoretical New Maverick Mods?

Posted by Fuse on 31 January 2005 - 10:51 AM in Modifications

Before I got my dremel I used my very sharp multi-tool. It has a knife that can cut nerf plastic like butter, and a file for finishing touches. It takes a long time, but if you are careful you can get the job done.

#46735 Laser Pointer Mod For The Secret Shot 2

Posted by Fuse on 31 January 2005 - 07:55 AM in Modifications

I used a brass barrel on my SS2. I can't remember the exact length, but I want to say like 12". Ths SS2 is an amazing gun.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a complete moron. You did that already.

#46732 Laser Pointer Mod For The Secret Shot 2

Posted by Fuse on 31 January 2005 - 12:40 AM in Modifications

Nice idea. Do you have a way of attaching the pointer to the gun?

I suggest getting a longer barrel on there tho.

#46710 Dremel Problems

Posted by Fuse on 30 January 2005 - 12:04 PM in Off Topic

Thanks for the help. Trust me, no matter how hard I push this punk isnt going to lock down *looks at blistered thumb*.

It's well under a year old, and the book says its warranted against defects for two years. Im calling this a defect and just going to send it back.

#46709 Can Some One Help Me With This Game

Posted by Fuse on 30 January 2005 - 11:59 AM in Off Topic

You may also want to try uninstalling and reinstalling your video and sound drivers. I've had the latest drivers and still had to reinstall them to get stuff to work before. Just be sure you remove the drivers already installed before you reinstall them.

#46689 Help With New Nf's

Posted by Fuse on 29 January 2005 - 05:16 PM in General Nerf

As far as I know the internals are identical. Go ahead and mod them and you should get the same ranges. Also, my triggers on my old NFs always do that. Its just part of the way the mechanism is designed.

#46682 Dremel Problems

Posted by Fuse on 29 January 2005 - 02:20 PM in Off Topic

Ok, Im sure you all know how to get the bits out of a dremel. You hold that button on the side and use a wrench to loosten the tip. Well, I think the peice that the button latches to broke on mine. No matter how hard I hold the button the peice that its holding always pops loose.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for loostening the tip or how to fix it.

EDIT:

I opened it up, and the way it works is there are two holes in the cylinder that the button pokes into, and they have somehow gotten stripped a little. Oh well, I wonder what the warranty on these things is like.

#46681 Can Some One Help Me With This Game

Posted by Fuse on 29 January 2005 - 11:59 AM in Off Topic

I'd say make sure all your drivers are up to date, thats my best advice for you.

#46671 College!

Posted by Fuse on 29 January 2005 - 12:26 AM in Off Topic

Well, while were on the subject of cold, here in Atlanta we just had a wall of rain hit a wall of cold air. Its miserable here. Only 25f, but everything is covered in ice and the rain has been frozen and going steady all day.

So of course my friend was hit by a guy who figured he could go around corners at 40 even when the roads were frozen, but hes fine.

Then my other friend slid into a telephone pole.

Atlanta drivers are shitty to begin with. Add ice and you have a margarita of doom.

Then my car froze to death. Which is weird, but for some reason the electronics all spazzed tonight in the cold and I got to walk 2 miles with nothing but a leather jacket.

*sings* It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

#46558 Maveric Rev-6 Mod

Posted by Fuse on 26 January 2005 - 04:32 PM in Modifications

I noticed that once the air restrictors were taken out, there was a big gap between the source of the air and the dart. Is that what you're talkin about when you say to put foam in there and make sure there's a hole so the air can get out of?

Dont just take the air restrictors out. Drill them clear and then put them back in so that gap isnt there.

They are talking about putting craft sheet where the cylinder meets the plunger, like on a powerclip. It helps form a seal while still allowing the barrels to rotate.

#46525 2005 Deathpool

Posted by Fuse on 25 January 2005 - 09:23 AM in Off Topic

One question, we can have people on our list that someone has already posted, right?

#46444 2005 Deathpool

Posted by Fuse on 23 January 2005 - 10:42 PM in Off Topic

This seems so wrong.

I guess it's too late to call Johnny?

#46440 Maverick Locations

Posted by Fuse on 23 January 2005 - 08:36 PM in General Nerf

They have them in PA at target, not sure how far you are from there newbie and monkey.

Thanks, Ender. If they are in PA, they will probably be in Poland soon.

Uh oh, Nerf forgot Poland.

#46408 20 Shot Powerclip Idea

Posted by Fuse on 22 January 2005 - 11:43 PM in Modifications

Cool idea, but it would have to be done very well, and would cut your range by more than half. Half the air isn't wasted. Some of it is, yes, but the majority still goes out through the open barrel.