flamebo388's Content

There have been 232 items by flamebo388 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#197156 Ps3 Advocates

Posted by flamebo388 on 19 December 2008 - 06:24 AM in Off Topic

Little Big Planet! Seriously, it may seem like a kids game but it's alot of fun and with the player created levels it should have quite a bit of replayability. I've not used the level creator too much myself but the time I did spend with it was easy enough.

I'd also recommend Dead Space for users of both consoles, it does some great things with lighting and sound to set up the atmosphere. I wouldn't call it scary myself but it will make you jump at times and in between you'll have an intense feeling of unease, looking some times frantically for an enemy because the music started up. I'm on a second playthrough and I still find myself double checking corners and what not.

My PSN is SenorGuacamole but I don't play multiplayer too often, I tend to stick to Co-op and singleplayer.

#159801 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by flamebo388 on 19 June 2008 - 11:01 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image

Name: N/A
Mods Done: Level 4 mod, barrel; 2" of 17/32" brass nested in 10" of 9/16" brass with pvc shroud as protection
Integrations: N/A
Comments: I had to repair a crack near the barrel on the right side casing, and recently rethreaded 6 of the screw holes for new screws as I had lost all but two of the originals. Painting was done after that, I used a mesh bag cut up to create the pattern, krylon fusion yellow was used for the base coat and I then added the blue and purple by laying the mesh stencil over the gun and lightly spray the gun with each color. Finished her off with a nice coat of clear for protection. I'll probably do some internal banding as the tubing I used previously would ruin the clean lines of the gun and probably wear away the paint near the cocking handle.

#155971 Johnny Seven Oma And Sonic Blaster

Posted by flamebo388 on 16 May 2008 - 01:30 AM in General Nerf

Oi, I have two Jonny sevens, one complete, one only partially so. Fun guns but no real mod potential and considering what it costs to get your hands on one it'd be really a shame to mess one up. Besides, they're pretty much impossible to take apart and what with the brittleness of that old plastic using one in a war would mean certain destruction. Although now I wanna try making a nerf version...

#144246 Cutting Plexiglass?

Posted by flamebo388 on 07 March 2008 - 08:08 PM in Homemades

Use a coping saw! Kick it old school with hand powered tools. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than a scroll saw and with a bit of practice you can get similar results. Course if your just rolling in dough get the scroll saw, less sweating :D .

#138846 Paintball

Posted by flamebo388 on 05 February 2008 - 07:06 PM in Off Topic

Only newbs use semi's. I have like $600+ into my ion and don't even use it. I use this instead
http://img.photobuck...88/Phantom4.jpg
Because pumps rule. Plus I save money, used to use a whole case every time I went, now I get by on a half a bag.

Edit: Picture didn't want to resize, had to link it.

#135125 +bow

Posted by flamebo388 on 06 January 2008 - 01:50 AM in Homemades

A question if I may. After examining the plans and pictures I wondering if you could shorten the plunger rod to 12" and still maintain the same functionality? It would appear there's at least an inch and a quarter of unnecessary length to the plunger rod. I ask only because it would allow one to purchase a square foot from mcmaster rather than the 2 square feet that is currently necessary. I may actually build one as the tools are all availible to me and I find myself with extra time.

#129736 All Aluminum Paintball (and Nerf) Bolt-action Rifle

Posted by flamebo388 on 14 November 2007 - 09:40 PM in Homemades

Very impressive, you should post that on some of the pump or stock class paintball forums, they'd love it. Guys, all you have to do is look at the open ejection port on the AR, most m4 airsoft guns that look that good would have a hop-up adjustment dial in there. Besides, last I checked bolt never mentioned buying an AS gun.

#120865 Titan Help!

Posted by flamebo388 on 22 August 2007 - 10:04 PM in Modifications

18" is fine for a titan barrel, I suspect it's your darts. What kind of weights are you using? I'd recomend 3/0 splitshot or 1/4" slingshot minimum, maybe something bigger even.

#103494 Airsoft Nerf?

Posted by flamebo388 on 01 May 2007 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

Check to see if that titan will pierce the top of the can, if it does than it's probably to powerful for airsoft purposes, especially if it makes it out the bottom after it goes through the top. My titan does 300+ fps with stefans at twenty pumps and at 1.5g or more per dart that's way more power than any airsoft gun, something like 3-6 times as powerful pending on the gun. Be careful with that kinda stuff.

#101132 Titan Special Rules

Posted by flamebo388 on 16 March 2007 - 05:56 PM in General Nerf

We use my singled titan at point blank, wanna fight about it? For the rocket, it may cause more trouble than it's worth because people will argue that they were outside the "blast". Using one in a scenario game to destroy an objective may be a better way to go.

#100756 Am I Going To Get Shot?

Posted by flamebo388 on 03 March 2007 - 11:37 PM in Off Topic

First off moubeus, I have some plastic airsoft guns that aren't pieces of shit(kwa m11 and the lower frame of my 93r is plastic) and there are plenty more than what I have. Plus the local airsoft field used to rent CA m15s and a kid managed to snap one in half and most the others broke too, so don't say CA doesn't break, I'd rather have a TM than a CA. Second, orange won't help much. The trick is to play on in a large area, on private property with the consent of the owner. Notify nearby residents of what you're doing and inform the cops as well. If someone does call the cops, do not act in anyway that might be percieved as a threat(like pointing the gun at the cops), and you probably shouldn't just drop your gun as they might think you have something dangerous simply because of your actions, though this is up to you of course. If you want more information on this kind of thing check out airsoftretreat.com and arniesairsoft.co.uk, I know I seen some topics on how best to keep things safe.

#99252 Plummers(sp?) Goop Or Epoxy

Posted by flamebo388 on 04 February 2007 - 01:49 AM in General Nerf

I have plenty of things held together with epoxy that are airtight. Use epoxy meant for plasics like dev con plastic welder and it will hold nice and tight till you cut it off.

#98066 Coupler On A Nf? Or No?

Posted by flamebo388 on 09 January 2007 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

I have two Night finders with couplers on them, just cut the coupler in half first, makes for less wasted air.

#97947 Ss2 Leak Fix

Posted by flamebo388 on 08 January 2007 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I cut it open to find the problem and resealed it with Dev Con plastic welder, it's an epoxy that works extremely well with most plastics and does a pretty good job on most other materials as well. Plus it hardens to full strength in less than ten minutes. The gun gets ranges just past the hundred foot mark now, about 110-120ish.

#97902 Ss2 Leak Fix

Posted by flamebo388 on 07 January 2007 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

I think I may have found a solution to the problem that the majority secret shot 2's have, the leaking out the front. Most spray lubricant down the valve and it tends to work but you really need to get lube on this part.
Posted Image
The best way of doing this is to spray a crap load of silicon down the pump tube and let it drain down the tube to the valve, then pump it a bunch of times to get in the valve. Then repeat two or three more times, till the leaking stops. Mine was leaking so bad before that the tank was almost empty before you did the next pump, now it stops leaking at about 5-6 pumps.

#97720 Nitefinder Plunger Problem!

Posted by flamebo388 on 04 January 2007 - 09:19 PM in Modifications

I have successfully used a larger screw to correct this problem before. If you want to go the glue route use Dev Con plastic welder, it's available at wal mart and extremely strong.

#97316 Favorite Holidy Gifts

Posted by flamebo388 on 28 December 2006 - 03:26 PM in Off Topic

Playstation 3 with extra controller and Resistance Fall of Man. Plus I bought myself an Ion.

#97026 My Paintball Gun Paint Job

Posted by flamebo388 on 24 December 2006 - 03:52 PM in Off Topic

Maybe you just don't get how fast a super r/t is, my gun clocks in at 20+ bps. And besides, I just bought an Ion two days ago.

#96911 My Paintball Gun Paint Job

Posted by flamebo388 on 21 December 2006 - 07:54 PM in Off Topic

WOOT go tippmann. Thats pretty cool, I have a 98c myself, haven't got to play woodsball yet but my 98 fairs quite well on a speedball field.

#90555 C.s.h.g.

Posted by flamebo388 on 26 September 2006 - 07:49 PM in Homemades

I see two major problems, you have yet to mention a regualator and with the pressures you intend to use you'll end up blowing up that purty little motor you bought. Second, using a c02 tank with hpa is a bad idea for the same reason, I'm not so sure a c02 tank can with stand the same pressure. In addition, c02 tanks don't fill the same way and would need an adapter. I'm assuming you intend to use a c02 tank because the cheapest hpa tanks would cost $50 or more. I'd get something like the tank {SF3G} suggested. As far as regualators go a paintball reg would work, though I think you could find something cheaper.

#84924 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by flamebo388 on 13 July 2006 - 01:11 AM in Off Topic

Well I got it for christmas so it didn't cost anything B) The red dot, scope mount and extra mags cost me another $100 or so. I like my gas guns more, they're more fun to fire, especially the mac.

#84731 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by flamebo388 on 11 July 2006 - 03:00 AM in Off Topic

You spent $185 for a sp120 upgrade? What'd they do, replace everything? I have 4 guns my self, I only have pictures of three currently. AE Mp5, kwa mac 11 and WE hicapa. Not shown is my kjw 226 and the three spare mags for the hicapa. The mp5 is down at the moment(my fault, not the gun's, I know you don't have much love for Ics/AE mp5s ninjz) with an electrical problem.
Posted Image

#84454 New Pistol

Posted by flamebo388 on 06 July 2006 - 03:28 PM in Homemades

Great work, but have fun holstering that :blink: I always figured the first successful mag fed pistol for nerf would be mauser like.

#83119 First Shot "PDW"

Posted by flamebo388 on 11 June 2006 - 02:18 PM in Modifications

Naw, you just pull on the screw. I forgot how horrible that thing was, I'm working on redoing it.

#83010 First Shot "PDW"

Posted by flamebo388 on 08 June 2006 - 11:57 PM in Modifications

Folding stock you say? You mean like this?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
It still needs work, I did it a few weeks ago but it doesn't stay folded and it's a little wobbly extended, plus the hinge I used doesn't allow the stock to close fully but it's a start.

#81144 The Reaper

Posted by flamebo388 on 03 May 2006 - 01:09 AM in Homemades

How the hell did I miss this, that thing is BEAST. Good luck on further improvements man, may the reaper live long and thrive.

#80284 Nitemav In Progress

Posted by flamebo388 on 18 April 2006 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

How'd you get it to cock so reliably? That was one thing I couldn't get to work.

Edit: Nevermind, I just looked at mine, nice job though.

#78405 Crossbow Plunger Help

Posted by flamebo388 on 02 April 2006 - 12:01 AM in Modifications

http://www.nerfhq.co...opic.php?t=1812
There's a section in there about repairing broken plunger rods in there.

#73130 Working Silencer

Posted by flamebo388 on 14 February 2006 - 04:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hmm, I thought that anything that could theoreticly suppress a firearm was illegal without proper regestation(including a $200 fee) and that was why paintball supressors are illegal. Seeing as most supressors are based off of zeros design which he got from a paintball site it would make all others illegal. 'Course I could be wrong on the exact wording of the law.

#73127 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by flamebo388 on 14 February 2006 - 03:56 PM in General Nerf

Well the cs is advertised as the longest blaster ever so if it bombs drop another guns internals in it and you'll have a pretty nice gun. And starbuck, I think you're going a little too far with that bit of speculation, you gotta remember nerf darts are squishy and wouldn't take too kindly to that sort of treatment without shells. More likely that the press release guys got their description a little off, not everbody is well versed in gun vocabulary.

#72754 At2k Pistol Mod

Posted by flamebo388 on 09 February 2006 - 11:54 PM in Modifications

Air leaking out? Did you plug the pump? Nice concept, I was looking to do something similar with a sm750 but failed.

#71519 Defective Nite Finder

Posted by flamebo388 on 22 January 2006 - 11:46 PM in General Nerf

Nowadays? They've been like that since at least the supermaxx series, and I remember those guns when I was like 8-10 years old.

#71103 Smg Concept

Posted by flamebo388 on 16 January 2006 - 09:28 PM in Homemades

Boltsniper's FAR is a bolt action rifle and turning automatic is impractical, not to mention it's nowhere near an smg in size. Plus this topic is quite old.

#70854 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by flamebo388 on 12 January 2006 - 01:39 AM in Modifications

Excellent mod starbuck, I may have some thing similar for my homemade if I ever get off my ass. By the way, you haven't anwsered my last PM.

#70622 Problems With Nitefinder

Posted by flamebo388 on 08 January 2006 - 01:46 AM in Modifications

I suspect it's the ridges down the side of the barrel, a nightfinder doesn't build enough pressure to tear a dart and squishing darts down has never caused rips in my darts. I've noticed some newer NFs don't have the ridges but I've only seen that in an old edition. A barrel replacement or sanding down the ridges is in order. Switching to stefans would also help as they are made of a tougher foam.

#70500 New Member...

Posted by flamebo388 on 05 January 2006 - 09:46 PM in General Nerf

Well, http://www.towerhobbies.com/ has the full line of K&S metals but it's best if you know what size of brass to get. Measure your foams diameter, add 1/32" and that should be the right size of pipe for the main barrel, and the constriction piece of brass would be the same as your foams diameter. Just shop by manufacter and click K&S metals and it'll bring up the full line of products.

Edit: You may also want to get a tubing cutter for metal piping as well, it's the best way to cut brass. Ace should have those or you could probably get one on tower hobbies.

#70485 New Member...

Posted by flamebo388 on 05 January 2006 - 05:33 PM in General Nerf

A main barrel of brass that fits your darts some what loosly with a short piece of brass one size smaller at the begining of the barrel. The idea is to allow pressure to build up behind the dart before it fires allowing for greater ranges.

Edit: Brass comes in increments of 1/32" and fbr can vary in size between brands, you'll have to take some fbr with you and test it's fit in different sizes of brass. Brass can be found at ace hardware stores and hobby shops.

#70175 Dremel

Posted by flamebo388 on 30 December 2005 - 10:50 PM in General Nerf

Use the cutting wheels for everything but sanding pvc. For sanding things use the sanding drum.

#69868 Dart Tag Mod? Yes I Searched

Posted by flamebo388 on 26 December 2005 - 03:21 AM in Modifications

Didn't search hard enough.
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=4722

#69816 Problems With Brass

Posted by flamebo388 on 24 December 2005 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

Hmm, mine have always been the O.D. Do the tubes have the original stickers or did the shop relabel them?