El Hombre's Content

There have been 37 items by El Hombre (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#130096 Chronicles 2007

Posted by El Hombre on 18 November 2007 - 02:51 PM in General Nerf

That was a lot of fun! I loved the music, the war looked fun, and the shirts are awesome. Hahaha the Donky Konga part at the end was amazing. Great documentary yet again

#92077 Fall Dcno?

Posted by El Hombre on 17 October 2006 - 11:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Oooh..great post war moment:
Jordan and I not even able to walk down the stairs out of our home the next morning, so we had to use our arms to "monkey" our way down by use of the railings. X) our legs felt like they were going to just... detach

#92028 Fall Dcno?

Posted by El Hombre on 16 October 2006 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Holy motherbutt! I didn't disappear! I was there and you guys saw! Haha okay you guys were so awesome. I was really really impressed with everybody's skill. Come to think of it, this was the second war I've been to that wasn't hosted by me, and it's been a while since I've had a good war, and hardly knew anyone but it was exciting getting to meet everyone and enjoy the day.

I was a little disappointed at times on my part, shots were connecting alot less than I hoped, but like I said- a LITTLE disappointed. Had my moments.

Moments most memorable:
-OMC's perfect crotch shot on me in the first round (haha ow.)
-his killer crossbow
-Darkshrimp's killer crossbow
-Ompa's very impressive homemade
-Evil and NerfMonkey turning the tables for the win that one round (omg)
-backing into the corner of one of the buildings and OMC laughing at me.. I felt so stupid but it was hilarious
-Navy guys were cool
-3 teams of 5 round.. that was hot!
-Celebrity Delly! That place pwns!
-Rambo's drinks (it was Rambo's right? that was cool of him to bring drinks)
-the location itself.. it was the best place I've played

my legs feel like fire and I missed that post-war experience..haha. Hope to do this again sometime, you guys rule!

#87860 Cars (probably Been Done Before)

Posted by El Hombre on 19 August 2006 - 11:17 PM in Off Topic

I've got a 2005 Impreza 2.5RS for a daily driver and it's pretty stock ex. for some visuals and sound upgrades

and I still own my first car which is a 78 Malibu. It has been restored little by little over the years. It has a 350 engine with aftermarket headers, aftermarket intake, manifold, cam, and gear ratios are a little low. I love this car too much B)

#41836 Art

Posted by El Hombre on 16 November 2004 - 10:30 PM in Off Topic

err.. my fault- "gouache" not "guoache, it's a type of thick paint (pronounced "gwash") And yes the teacher makes us do some silly stuff sometimes, like the self-doll thing, but it's all fun.

#41829 Art

Posted by El Hombre on 16 November 2004 - 10:02 PM in Off Topic

I'm aiming for a degree in Comm. Design in college. Here's some stuff from my artsy- classes from the spring and this fall- a little art show for you

fish sketch
Posted Image

my friend with a pair of big dice
Posted Image

abstract thingy
Posted Image

a masterwork recreated in guoache
Posted Image

Here's one from last winter, myself in a 12 inch tall paper doll form, only I cropped the legs or the pic would be kinda tall
Posted Image

Metallic bowl and glass vase watercolors painting
Posted Image

Flowers in watercolors (I felt girly drawing this but it was our assignment)
Posted Image

I think they look better in reality but you get the idea. Right now I'm working on drawing the figure, which has always been a challenge- I've yet to get proportions looking the way I want but it's coming along. I've got a few more things I'll try to post up later on when I get the chance..

#38783 The Real 1964 Ultimator

Posted by El Hombre on 11 October 2004 - 10:31 AM in General Nerf

Now that is a BAZOOKA. It could destroy eardrums? That's scary. I thought the Ultimator was loud.

#36519 The Google Challenge - A Redux

Posted by El Hombre on 05 September 2004 - 10:36 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

#34065 Classic Video Game Music.

Posted by El Hombre on 16 August 2004 - 02:06 AM in Off Topic

The sad thing is that I can't even remember the names of my Intellivision games. The good music was all on the Nintendo systems, though. Castlevania rocks everyone's socks.

Haha no way, I had one of those and played it when I was around..4. www.intellivisionlives.com/ - Yeah I know it's not in relation to the topic..But I had to.

#33953 Classic Video Game Music.

Posted by El Hombre on 14 August 2004 - 09:38 AM in Off Topic

Has anybody ever been to Ocremix.org? It's a site with lots of old school gaming music remixed. Check it out if you've got nothing better to do.

#33541 Peasant's Quest

Posted by El Hombre on 08 August 2004 - 05:50 PM in Off Topic

I've been a loyal Homestar fan for like, a year now, so it was inevitable that I play this game. I finished the game with something like... 139 total I think? It was a great spinoff of King's Quest and similar games. Try talking to the woman's baby when you first meet her, it's funny. And type QUIT for some humor too.

#33229 Really Addicting Game

Posted by El Hombre on 05 August 2004 - 07:28 PM in Off Topic

Now there's a way to kill boredom.

That is pretty neat.

#32163 George Petty Pinup Cosmetic Mod

Posted by El Hombre on 23 July 2004 - 01:24 AM in Modifications

Geeze dude... nice work.

You might wanna think about putting some protective coating over that, I mean I wouldn't want my painting getting all scratched up in a war after all that hard work.

#30846 Nerfing Regalia

Posted by El Hombre on 10 July 2004 - 11:01 AM in General Nerf

Did you actually have to pick out a specific design for the front logo or did you send that design in to be made? Maybe I should stop the laziness and wander around the site longer and find out how-to myself.

Sweet shirt either way.

#29831 Virginia War

Posted by El Hombre on 28 June 2004 - 11:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm game. Just let me know.

#28773 Disasters Galore

Posted by El Hombre on 17 June 2004 - 10:26 PM in Off Topic

Let's see, two come right from the top of my head:

One was during my very own hosted VANO, I'm backing up from an attacker, and there's a big ol' hunk of rock jutting out of the ground (the area's kinda rocky). I didn't realize it was there, tripped, and fell right back on my bum, really hard. Very embarrassing, kinda hurt, but hilarious looking probably.

Next was during dart making. Using a hot glue gun, (not a low-temp glue gun, a real hot glue gun) my pinky finger accidentally touched a dab of hot glue. Immediately when I tried wiping it off I didn't even notice through all the pain that the first layer of skin on my pinky came right off with it, in about a.... 6mm diameter? The pinky felt REALLY weird after that incident.

Fun times indeed..

#28597 Ultimator

Posted by El Hombre on 16 June 2004 - 03:06 AM in Modifications

Did you know the longer the pvc is on this gun, the farther the range you'll get? It has so much power that you don't really have to worry about dart inner drag. Remember I only use a 2 ft. barrel, I've tried longer barrels and got even better ranges but then it's really hard to just tote around, and your pvc will curve down a little due to it's own weight.

But I guess when it boils down to on-the-field combat this gun really isn't as practical as most would want. Long priming really slows its potential- I guess one thing it could be good for would be capture the flag, where one person just sits really far away with it and picks off invaders (keeping a backup gun for rushers might be a good idea) but you get the idea. Yeah blink_182 you're probably right, most people probably say a Maxshot is way more practical than an Ultimator.

Waiting to get those pics up still.. need camera back..

#28502 Ultimator

Posted by El Hombre on 14 June 2004 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

Yeah pretty much with a 24 inch barrel, a standing level shot gets around 80 feet, and I'm sure angled shots reach around 120, probably more with a good dart (It's POWERFUL) The best way I can describe the mod was using various sizes of pvc adaptors, duct tape, and the tube from one of those individual milk drinks you can get (almost perfect size for the barrel and cylindrical)- the addon telescopes down to 1/2 pvc size. It's also convenient because it's just a removable barrel addon and doesn't require mutilating the gun. Ahh it's hard to explain beyond that, I'll just get some pictures up later to show how it was done.

#28491 Ultimator

Posted by El Hombre on 14 June 2004 - 04:00 PM in Modifications

Yeah I've got one modded for darts, check my profile for a pic- it's not perfected but it's really strong and gets extreme range. I'll have to get my friend's digital camera and take some up-close shots of the mod and put them up here soon, so check back later this week..

#27746 East Coast War

Posted by El Hombre on 04 June 2004 - 07:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I hate having to share the news, but it looks like everybody including me is scheduled to work that Saturday, and nobody is able to get out. Sigh.. But if there's still a chance I can work it out, you can be sure I'll be trying my best to make it.

#26965 East Coast War

Posted by El Hombre on 24 May 2004 - 11:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Well lookie here.. wow I should really check these forums more often. But anyway, I talked to a buddy of mine and we are both in on the idea, just gotta make sure he can get off work and see if others can tag along, and then it's probably all go.

#24990 Anyone Here Play Counter Strike?

Posted by El Hombre on 27 April 2004 - 07:41 PM in Off Topic

I play whenever I get the chance (CS 1.6), yes it's a fun addicting game. Sometimes I have bad days which can be frustrating, sometimes I have good days being the highest scorer on the team, but it' always fun times, unless there's hackers involved, which sucks.

Let's see...
Fav. CT only gun: M4
Fav. T only gun: SSG552

I figure anybody who likes nerf will like a combat game like CS B)

#22170 Irritating Situation

Posted by El Hombre on 23 March 2004 - 04:53 PM in General Nerf

Whoa, El hombre is back!

THIRST

You bet- I've been meaning to slowly creep back onto these boards, I have skimmed them often over the past few months- I never left, it's just being busy with work and school and social time that keeps me from posting :) Nerf's still in the blood (of course..!)

Later.

#22133 Irritating Situation

Posted by El Hombre on 23 March 2004 - 01:45 AM in General Nerf

I'd so love to drive out there and catch one of these wars.. mmm, campus nerf. And yeah I've had those specific ammo problems before- stupid hoarders.. that's what I use cargo pockets for- loads of extra ammo.

#9417 What Are You Going To Be For Halloween?

Posted by El Hombre on 08 September 2003 - 01:43 AM in Off Topic

I'm going as Auron (from FF10) And going to Magfest as well. Join us for challenge!!!11!

#6348 Armageddon

Posted by El Hombre on 01 July 2003 - 03:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I have to comment on how incredibly awesome those pictures are. So many good ones... it looks like you had quite the Armageddon this year. I was EXTREMELY close to making it over there this time, but unfortunately I just invested almost all of my saved money fixing up my car (doh..) So I didn't really have enough to get round trip plane tickets.. There's always next year though! Glad you all had a great experience. In the meantime, I'm trying to get some plans together for a war in the VA area..

#5715 Da Vinci Game!

Posted by El Hombre on 15 June 2003 - 06:16 PM in Off Topic

Wow... that is awesome! I got as far as the part where you have to contact that guy.. Then I didn't know what to do about the parchment thingy. Hinty hinty for the dummy?? :D

#4720 750

Posted by El Hombre on 18 May 2003 - 10:29 AM in Modifications

Yeah, I go for about 8 pumps on mine as well.. 3-4 pumps seems kinda low to me..hmm. Maybe it's just our 750's?

#4038 Life...

Posted by El Hombre on 26 April 2003 - 09:42 PM in Modifications

Pineapple: That is a fast Barracuda. 13 seconds is pretty sick. I like older cars because you can turn them into monsters at a fairly low price. Right now I own a 78 Malibu that I have painstakingly restored on and off for 3 years (I was a late junior in highschool when I got it). So far I have a fairly mild 350 in it, with a 3/4 cam, just rebuilt, 3.73 posi rear end, y pipe exhaust w/ dual ending flowmaster muffler (it's one of those sideways ones but it does the job fine, I am currently getting headers and true duals). Anyway, I'm pretty impressed with it so far, it moves pretty quick off the line even with 3-speed auto (gotta watch those police, they're out there) I may take it to the track someday when it's Done. Restoring cars and messing with them is a really fun thing to do and it's one of my favorite hobbies.

#3875 X*stream Modification

Posted by El Hombre on 23 April 2003 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

Hey, has anybody spotted these guns at a different store besides Toys R Us?

#3640 Spring Break Vano

Posted by El Hombre on 18 April 2003 - 05:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey...I was referring to coming over to Williamsburg and playing there. Jen, I will be coming over there pretty soon when I have a clean weekend, but this one isn't going to work out...sorry. I also need to refresh my equipment (start making more darts). I'm looking forward to this entire summer because I know there's gonna be alot of nerfing going on.

#3585 Spring Break Vano

Posted by El Hombre on 17 April 2003 - 07:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Ooh.. I am interested. I'm not exactly sure what days I'm free, but I'd like to finally come over there and attend. I've got a bunch of pals that I'm sure would be able to attend, I just don't know what days they'll be free. I'll give updates whenever possible. *excited*

#3272 Dringing

Posted by El Hombre on 10 April 2003 - 07:23 PM in Off Topic

I drive around alot every weekday at my job cleaning rental cars. It's actually pretty fun.. always fast-paced, never a dull moment. We rent out some pretty cool vehicles occasionally.. No Vipers, or Corvettes, or Z's.. gr. But we do get some cool stuff like Jettas, Diamantes, and Impalas. My personal favorites we rent are the new trucks- F150s and Dodge Rams- They are herculean monsters, and they're fun to drive.
Alot of my free time revolves around cars. I own two old Chevrolets that I am constantly putting back together and restoring. It's fun to do stuff like this because you get a big rush of satisfaction when you accomplish something new..(pretty much like when you modify a nerf gun..!)
Ah.. one of the many fun things life has to offer.. cars. Just be careful out there, maniacs live.

#2766 Gta Vice City Help

Posted by El Hombre on 28 March 2003 - 07:38 PM in Off Topic

Hey, I've been playing the game myself, I've got the solution for you. When you're running like crazy and you see that the gate is closed, you should turn to your right, there's a little passageway around the corner that leads to a big staircase. That's your ticket out. Take the staircase to the roof, then run far away!

By the way, I thought this was pretty cool. The stadium holds events every night that you can enter starting at 20:00. So far I've played 3 of them, you can see which event is happening by reading a banner above the stadium entrance.

#2593 Liquitron Modification Testing

Posted by El Hombre on 23 March 2003 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

Nice research.. The write-up was great. Although I had alot of hope in the liquid gauge increasing power and range..rats.. still, I'm impressed.

Gr00ve, maybe you should check up on those monkeys.. heheh. :D

#1860 How Cool Is This..?

Posted by El Hombre on 27 February 2003 - 09:12 PM in Off Topic

We used 3 different lengths of 1/2 inch PVC- one was 5 inches (pretty stubby), the next was 8 I think, and the last was a foot long. The 8 inch barrel seemed to perform with the most distance (the 12 inches were a bit too much and actually slowed the Zero dart *thanks Zero* down a little bit, but the accuracy was pretty dead-on there).

#1857 How Cool Is This..?

Posted by El Hombre on 27 February 2003 - 08:35 PM in Off Topic

Recently a friend of mine from a nearby governor's school had to do a pretty large science fair project. When he came up to me to ask for help, I was surprised by what he said when I asked what it was gonna be about.

"Nerf!" He replied. The title of his project was: The Effect of Barrel Length Modification on the Projectile Motion of a Nerf Dart. (Really long, huh?)
His description: I used different barrel lengths on a modified Nerf Crossbow and fired multiple shots horizontally in projectile motion, and measured flight time, length, and accuracy.

The only way I helped him was by letting him borrow my crossbow, a single dart, changing the barrels on it when needed, and helping to measure in each trial.
Of course the dart type can effect performance, yatta.. but this wasn't meant to be super in-depth.
I had a chance to go into the classroom and look at some of the projects other people were working on.. There was some pretty tough competition- one group of three people were working on a fully functional robot that looked like it came straight out of robot wars, another person was working on this big experiment with sound waves (long story) etc..

ANYWAY, onto the climax.. the result of the project? 2nd place....!! I was really happy to see his success, I was glad that the teachers didn't think he was just some kind of gun-nut, and I was thrilled to see people so interested in his Nerf-based project! Alot of people were simply fascinated by the fact that nerf guns could be modified to achieve better distance. It went really well.. He said he's going to have a website up on it soon, which you can expect me to post up soon. Overall, wicked!