duce's Content

There have been 283 items by duce (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#83150 Mad Hornet Cpvc Mod

Posted by duce on 11 June 2006 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

Nice write up. You can also squeeze another few feet out of it by increasing the seal on the junction between the tank and the barrel mechanism with some e-tape. You have to experiment becuase too good of a seal will cause a loss of distance or complete malfunction.

#81817 Basic Ballvalve Gun Question

Posted by duce on 14 May 2006 - 04:57 PM in Homemades

Just so everyone knows, I intend to mass produce the gun. So, to alter my first question a bit more to the point, doea the ball valve gun in the homemade section get upwards of 35-40 feet?

If made correctly, yes.

#80535 Money...

Posted by duce on 21 April 2006 - 12:01 PM in Off Topic

sex

#80111 C.s.h.g.

Posted by duce on 16 April 2006 - 02:17 PM in Homemades

Holy shit. This is the last time that I've looked at this thread. I always thought c.s.h.g. was some nerf war. I guess I'm stupid.

Anyways, that kicks alot of ass man. Keep it going!

#78859 College, Etc.

Posted by duce on 05 April 2006 - 02:53 PM in Off Topic

Oh duce, as far as Lawrence goes... they've got a great jazz program, and a wonderful "classical" program as well... but if you're more into the electronic side of musical performance/production, perhaps you might want to look at University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee? I've heard they have a great electro-acoustic sound department... because at somewhere like Lawrence or U of M, it's either going to be classical, or jazz (which is really classical with some jazz added in for spice), but all the sound production stuff (like recording, mastering, mixing, etc) you're going to have to learn on your own. But, Lawrence does have the Fred Sturm. Good man, he is. (Appleton is one of my home towns.)

OR, you could head over to UW Oshkosh, as they have a double major program: sound engineer AND a music major. Which means you're basically a god at audio, and pretty good at an instrument. It also means you worked your butt off. But music majors do that anyway, eh?

Thanks for the info dude. I hadn't heard of Oshkosh, I'll definately look into it.

#78751 College, Etc.

Posted by duce on 04 April 2006 - 05:48 PM in Off Topic

That sounds awesome. I also hope to go into music although I've still got 1 year left of high school. I'm not sure whether I'd prefer composition or performance. I love performing but it's harder to find work that pays well. Writing music for other industries such as movies, videogames, etc., that are thriving is a good alternative.

I've just recently started composing seriously. Not for symphony/ concert bands although I've done some arrangements of songs for my schools jazz band. I'm more into composition using programs like FL Studio/ Reason, more along the lines of electronica/ house.

I'll be heading to Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego

I'm currently looking around for good music schools early on in my college search. Any recommendations? I'm thinking of maybe U of M (in my hometown), Lawrence University in Wisconsin, Oberlin (not so much) and some others. How does Point Loma match up/ what special oppurtunities or programs does it have?

also slapped together a chart about two weeks ago for my high School Jazz band

Cool. What kind of song is it? Style? Influence? Does it feature anyone in particular?

#78746 It Needs A Name Darnit!

Posted by duce on 04 April 2006 - 05:28 PM in Modifications

"Aborted Fetus" although I do like "chaffed anus".

#77975 Split-tech 2k

Posted by duce on 28 March 2006 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

I've got 12 sm1500 turrets chillin in my basement. I'm doing this to my triple strike.

I really like how you sturdied it. I added a truuet to one of my xbows and it wobbles quite a bit. I'll have to try your method.

Most excellent work.

#77974 Nf Or Lnl-

Posted by duce on 28 March 2006 - 09:34 PM in General Nerf

This is the old ttg. My local Toys R Us still has them in stock for 14$ which is definately worth
it. The new ttg i just a scout with a diferent paintjob, meaning, its balls.

#77943 Nf Or Lnl-

Posted by duce on 28 March 2006 - 06:10 PM in General Nerf

I know this isn't answering your question but is merely a suggestion. try and get a hlod of an old style tech target. It outshoots my nf by quite a bit and my mod is pretty sloppy. Just food for thought.

#77461 Nerf On Frappr

Posted by duce on 24 March 2006 - 10:04 PM in Nerf Wars

There are plenty of nerfers in MI, including myself. Just check the Merry Men of Michigan website or the sticky at nhq. This is one list of MI nerfers:

Michigan
3M (Merry Men of Michigan)
Uriel
Lefty
Veggie
Exterminator
BlackOut(Doesnt Really post but still nerfs)
FNCNY
Yooper
No Clan
Freakydude
Duce
manwithmanyguns

There are some others still.

#77245 At2k Barreled Nite Finder

Posted by duce on 22 March 2006 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

Starbuck, I'm still working on barrel material. How much more expensive is copper than PVC? And, how well fit does the PVC have to be to the dart? I took a couple stefans to Menard's and Home Depot and the 1/2" PVC they had was either too big or too small; I didn't see any 3/4" thickwall.

(Nice triple torch!)

Usually friend, copper isn't used as barrel material. I've seen some copper and used it once myself, however brass is the better suited metallic material. Just to be honest with you, I'd use 1/2" CPVC. It's cheap and plentiful. Best of luck to you.

Starbuck is right in this case. Copper is a good deal more loose than brass or pvc. For any spring powered blaster, use one of the latter two. I however, prefer copper for my air powered blasters. I get better ranges and it's much easier to load.

#77242 Hi! I Always "nerf" In My Mind

Posted by duce on 22 March 2006 - 06:37 PM in General Nerf

Photographical evidence of why I consider 3D the most hardcore nerfer.

Posted Image

So fucking awesome.

#76774 Boltsniper Scar-n Rifle Bs-8

Posted by duce on 18 March 2006 - 04:09 PM in Homemades

I'm gonna go change pants.

#74220 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by duce on 24 February 2006 - 11:42 PM in General Nerf

Rawk.

#70810 Itunes

Posted by duce on 11 January 2006 - 06:50 PM in Off Topic

As long as I don't turn on the back light, during the day, or the clicker, my battery lasts from about 7:00 am to 11:00 pm. Granted, I'm not listening all day but it does get around 15 hours.

#70616 Nf In A New Color Scheme

Posted by duce on 08 January 2006 - 12:20 AM in General Nerf

Michigan state colors, narsty. GO BLUE!

#70200 New To Forum & Firefly Questions

Posted by duce on 31 December 2005 - 05:28 PM in General Nerf

Double post = no.

LOL

= no.

You will probablly see alot more of me around here

Not if you don't shape up and read the rules we won't.

#69943 Sloganizer

Posted by duce on 27 December 2005 - 09:38 AM in Off Topic

"Feel the magic of diddle"

Thank you sir.

#69719 Open Letter To New Members And Admins

Posted by duce on 22 December 2005 - 05:52 PM in General Nerf

Right on Cobbers, I feel you (Gross). I couldn't agree with you more and to be honest, the extremely large wave of whiney new guys is revolting. Just like cx said, I don't recognize half the people of the boards these days and they keep on posting the same stuff over and over. I think that what this forum needs is a good ol' batch of tough love.
I haven't been a member for the longest time but I've been lurking around since the close of NO. It seems that the harsh initiation that many new members went through would weed out the useless ones and whip the keepers into shape. Abour a year ago, I remember someone suggesting that we try and be more noob friendly. We reluctantly accepted the idea and over time things only got worse. I say, we start bakc up with the fierce punishment of ignoarnt noobs. At the rate that the forums are dying, I think it migh be our only hope.

~Duce

#69478 My Dead Sexy Nitefinder.

Posted by duce on 18 December 2005 - 05:56 PM in Modifications

with those bands on it 100' is possible.

I added bands to mine until the catch could no longer hold, fired and only got around 70'. No way you get 100'.

#69477 Tek 10 Modifacation?

Posted by duce on 18 December 2005 - 05:48 PM in Modifications

What the fuck is wrong with you, honestly. You and that little shit minta need to chill and stop posting the SAME FUCKING TOPIC OVER AND OVER. Wait for a day or two or even better, search.

Nerfmonkey you beat me to it you crazy son of a bitch!

#69225 Yes.... Yes Its Me!

Posted by duce on 14 December 2005 - 06:10 PM in Off Topic

Seeing as your an older member of the nerf community, your probably not going to get much of a response as you expected. Most of the older members are gone and the forums have become fairly inactive. Welcome back though.

#66617 Barrel Selection

Posted by duce on 26 October 2005 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

I personally find that copper (which has a loose fit) wields better results than brass on my airpowered blasters like. Brass is a much better choice for spring guns whowever. Those are my thoughs, just figure out what works best for you.

#66235 Nstrike Poll

Posted by duce on 21 October 2005 - 01:56 PM in General Nerf

Don't post any sort of "best gun" threads.

#65379 Zombies

Posted by duce on 09 October 2005 - 02:32 PM in Off Topic

There is even a zombie survival guide on Amazon.com.

That book changed my life.

#65378 Who's Bored?

Posted by duce on 09 October 2005 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

The WLCP. It's a piece of shit don't buy it.

Does anyone know where to get them on the internet?

I'm almost sure they don't sell darts seperately.

#63876 Maverick Mod Question

Posted by duce on 18 September 2005 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

I did a paint job on my Mav and while it looks incredibly sweet (the silver on black that I mentioned) it actually made it a real pain to open and close the turret. I am now stuck replacing the gun and am going to leave it unpainted this time around.

I had the same problem but if you just take some sandpaper to boththe turret and the blasters main body, it works fine. Mine is smooth enough that if you just hold the blaster sideways and push the button, it falls out.

#63875 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by duce on 18 September 2005 - 08:20 PM in Off Topic

I used to play soccer, hockey and baseball all very regularly but quit them all for various reasons. I know play Ultimate alot, not in a league, just for fun. I also am on my schools bowling team which is "technically" a sport but I consider it more of a game. I've currently got a 178 average.

#63837 Buzz Bee Rapid Fire Rifle Guts

Posted by duce on 18 September 2005 - 02:46 PM in Modifications

The vinyl doesn't decrease range. It's the fac that the air has to go backwards before going forwards, like the crossbow.If you made the barrel come directly out from the front of the plunger tube, you'd get better range. But you'd also lose the entire clip system.

#63628 Maverick Mod Question

Posted by duce on 14 September 2005 - 05:33 PM in Modifications

Here is the NHQ thread on my Mav. I personally can't get enough of that blaster especially for indoor wars where rane isn't as important.

#63588 Buzuca

Posted by duce on 13 September 2005 - 07:15 PM in Modifications

I've never seen anyone install a nf laser in a lbb. Just try and move all of the parts into the lbb the way they would fit into a nf.

#63569 Nite Finder Mod, Help Me

Posted by duce on 13 September 2005 - 04:08 PM in Modifications

Happy Birthday.

#63559 Maverick Cpvc Mod Problem

Posted by duce on 13 September 2005 - 03:01 PM in General Nerf

I've always thought that a barrel replacment for the Mav is pointless. The whole purpose of having a tighter barrel is so that the air can compress to it's maximum until the dart leaves. However, in the mav, since the seal between the cylinder and plunger is so poor, you are probably losing a ton of air with a tighter barrel.

#63393 My Sexy Nite Finder

Posted by duce on 09 September 2005 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

Yeah, the idea waas great but the excecution could have used some work. Spray paint and a little more accuracy would greatly improve it. For a first mod/ paint, not bad though. Keep it up. ;)

#63121 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by duce on 05 September 2005 - 06:07 PM in Homemades

Dang TriggerHappy, that's dead sexy. I'd like to see some more detailed pics of that bad boy.

Edit: Those pics are freakin out dude. Sometimes I get two, sometimes I get one and now none. Bizarre.

#62971 Disque Launchers

Posted by duce on 03 September 2005 - 11:39 AM in General Nerf

My major criticism of them is their velocity. They move slow enough that leading your shots becomes rediciously hard and they are easily dodged. The wind also changes the path of the ring, which sucks.

#62835 A Full Auto Homemade

Posted by duce on 31 August 2005 - 07:14 PM in Homemades

I agree with black. It's possible, just very hard and not practical. It would be much easier to just make a automatic valve and figure out how to automatically load a dart.

#62820 Hornet Prob

Posted by duce on 31 August 2005 - 02:42 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Here, I know it's not a hornet but it's in the same place.

Hot glue is the best option here.

#62732 Blast-a-matic

Posted by duce on 29 August 2005 - 05:08 PM in Modifications

Man, I love that blaster. It was one of my first and is probably my favorite ball gun. Anyways, finding a replacement spring may be a challenge unless someone will sell you one. Otherwise, you could take the spring out and give it a stretch.