macman's Content

There have been 60 items by macman (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#45544 This Is How You Suck

Posted by macman on 06 January 2005 - 11:52 AM in Off Topic

not to be sexist, but...

girls seem to like nickelback, much more than guys. And, please, lets not shit all over someones musical tastes... thats the lowest thing a person can do in my book. Well, short of that whole Nazi-hatecrime thing. :wacko:

--macman

#44763 The General, General, New Player Guide

Posted by macman on 24 December 2004 - 01:38 PM in General Nerf

wow, ok, you didn't even quote right. And you've just insulted someone who took a shitload of time to help people like you out. If Ompa's life is pathetic, at least he has a life for it to be pathetic.

#44702 Oops

Posted by macman on 23 December 2004 - 09:18 PM in Off Topic

wait, i'm confused. C, did you ban him? It says he's unregistered. I didn't think banning did that?

Please excuse my dumb-assery if this is blatantly obvious. I just don't get it.

#44501 Indb Hosting

Posted by macman on 21 December 2004 - 08:03 PM in General Nerf

No, i just meant when i upload a straight .swf file without its referencing .html file, it cannot be viewed by anyone but its creator. That's the CHMOD'ing i'm talking about. I couldn't be bothered getting the laptop out again and creating the .html so i just had to create the code for it again.

right, thats chmod-ing. chmod is a *nix command, i guess you're doing it through an FTP client? I dunno, i've only ever used command line ftp... sorry.

#44487 Indb Hosting

Posted by macman on 21 December 2004 - 05:49 PM in General Nerf

err... if you tried to CHMOD something, wouldn't it fail unless you have the shell aliased up? Cuz *nix is case sensitive.. or am i just reading you wrong?

#44332 Nirvana

Posted by macman on 19 December 2004 - 01:21 PM in Off Topic

"Cliff Burton was the man who had that wild spirit that makes a band like Metallica a quality band. He wasn't only the bass player, or someone else in the band who co-write the songs, he was the man who made Metallica reach the sky. After his death, Metallica sold their souls for fame and fortune, things that he would never wanted to deal with. He'd never allowed all that "Black Album" to happen, and neither that damn "Load" thing. When Metallica lost their bass player, they also lost their soul." 

Then again, I don't like Lars a whole lot.

When I say rap, i refer to mainstream rap. Some underground stuff is really really good... its got meaning and content to it, not the crap thats all over MTV. I realize that there is some actually good stuff out there, sorry that I wasn't clear enough.

#44267 Congrats Nerf Haven

Posted by macman on 18 December 2004 - 12:16 PM in Off Topic

I really apologize for inspiring the "Diego +/- X" thing. Sorry.

I don't even have a NHQ account.

#44266 Nirvana

Posted by macman on 18 December 2004 - 12:14 PM in Off Topic

you realize that because of his predilection for Linkin Park, he may just shun the rock aspect altogether and head his nasty-ass tastes over to the rap side. I apologize to anyone who happens to like rap, but I despise it.

#44234 Nirvana

Posted by macman on 17 December 2004 - 10:02 PM in Off Topic

ash,
... I'm also gonna have to go and argue that bands such as Pantera and Damageplan were in the mainstream as well, and we all know mr. Darrell Abbott did his fair share of shredding.
While they were recorded before Nirvana, they are still on the radio and still selling copies now (post-nirvana).  The black album has sold uber-millions of copies, and other albums such as Guns N' Roses Appetite for Destruction which have also been very successful.  I'm sorry, but I don't see the decline in shredding.

Uh... considering Pantera's song The Art Of Shredding, I'd be forced to agree with you :D

I also feel it neccessary to point out albums such as Metallica's the Black Album (Metallica) that still sell many copies everyday; these albums do indeed feature shredding.

Yeah, they do indeed, however, I think that Metallica's Metallica marked the band's end as a metal band and its transformation into the money hogs they are. Its too bad Cliff died... the band wouldn't be who they are now if Burton was around. He really was the heart and soul of Metallica, in my very humble opinion.

#44136 My Apologies

Posted by macman on 15 December 2004 - 11:35 PM in Off Topic

We send him IOU's for hugs......

well, maybe you do.

#44135 Congrats Nerf Haven

Posted by macman on 15 December 2004 - 11:34 PM in Off Topic

wow, I was just watching Shindler's List(what a depressing movie, btw, but excellent nonetheless) and now I feel like I'm in a prison camp because I have a number. But then again... so does everyone else... including admins. Nevermind, i feel better now!

wow, need to stop the drugs, man...

#44098 Nirvana

Posted by macman on 15 December 2004 - 05:01 PM in Off Topic

STP is good stuff, I love AIC, and Linkin Park is the boy band of rock. My all-time favorite band is Metallica... but their old shit, not that new Load/Reload/St. Anger crap.

#44097 Congrats Nerf Haven

Posted by macman on 15 December 2004 - 04:57 PM in Off Topic

Hey, look, I'm Diego+1!

<_<

#43936 Nirvana

Posted by macman on 13 December 2004 - 04:12 PM in Off Topic

Cheese... no offense, but its possible to not have heard of Nirvana? Nirvana is awesome... Kurt's lyrics are amazing. He may not have been a very good guitar player, but his songs... man.

#43896 Nerf Mod For Any Gun

Posted by macman on 12 December 2004 - 09:59 PM in General Nerf

You're welcome!

#43870 Nerf Mod For Any Gun

Posted by macman on 12 December 2004 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

ooo, an FRS radio, an adapter, and a long-range hearing system in a fixed position... that could be fun.

#43798 Nerf Mod For Any Gun

Posted by macman on 11 December 2004 - 04:22 PM in General Nerf

I wouldn't call this a mod, really, but its a cool idea.

Some of the spy-ear doohickeys do work, I've played with a couple... I'm not even sure how they work, but they can be fun. They work around maybe 20 ft. or more, depending on how expensive they are.

And, Nerfnewbie, don't worry, we still hate you! :) Just messing, dude.

#43683 Nooo, Dimebag Darrell!

Posted by macman on 09 December 2004 - 11:42 PM in Off Topic

This so sad...He was like, the awesomest lyric/guitar player.....ever... :cry:

He was awesome... but can we avoid debating who was best, like the Hendix thread? Lets just say he was one of the greatest of the greats, haha.

#43663 Nooo, Dimebag Darrell!

Posted by macman on 09 December 2004 - 08:06 PM in Off Topic

Why the fuck are guns legal.

Hey man, i agree that guns are pretty vicious and evil sometimes, this isn't how guns should be used. Ever. However, guns are legal because...

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

--The Constitution of the United States of America

Unless of course you are not a member of this glorious Empire of Bush. Then you are subject to your own local governmental bullcrap.

#43624 Nooo, Dimebag Darrell!

Posted by macman on 09 December 2004 - 05:29 PM in Off Topic

HOLY SHIT!

This is fucking terrible... Pantera rules. And Dimebag is dead.... wtf wtf wtf

I heard from my friend that the shooter may have been an on-duty cop. Why would he do that, though? Jeez... what an amazing guitarist. My friend saw him a few days ago on stage...

Another metal legend goes down.
RIP 8/20/66-12/8/04

\m/-.-\m/

EDIT:
It wasn't a police officer. Check out the Wikipedia entry for both Dimebag and the shooter, Nathan Gale.

Cemetary Gates action happening here.

#43616 Christmas Day Poll

Posted by macman on 09 December 2004 - 03:39 PM in Off Topic

hackaday.com is a really great site. I'm assuming thats where you got it from, if not, you should go there.

#43402 Jimi Hendrix

Posted by macman on 05 December 2004 - 09:32 PM in Off Topic

I just had this argument with my roommate. Dieing young multiplies andy fame you have times whatever your potential may have had.

VACC

Cliff Burton... RIP.... :cry:

#43271 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by macman on 03 December 2004 - 07:42 PM in General Nerf

hey, man...

You're new, right? Please don't post in old topics. This is old.

Thanks.

#42523 Nintendo Ds

Posted by macman on 25 November 2004 - 05:57 PM in Off Topic

think about it... wifi.. ARM9 processor with an ARM7 coproc...

wouldn't it be fun to be able to run anything you wanted on it?

Yeah, i'm a hardcore geek.

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure the DS can only play GBA/SP games. The ARM7 proc is there to emulate the GBA, and it doesn't include a z80 like the GBA and GB/GBP/GBC. The games would run wayyy too fast... unless there is a z80 emulator for the ARM7....

#42510 What Is Up With The Site?

Posted by macman on 25 November 2004 - 04:50 PM in Site Feedback

*sigh*

An OS is an operating system. For the basic version of your OS, open the 'start' menu and look to the left... it should say something like "Windows 98" or "windows 2000 Professional". If theres nothing there, then you are using the crappy XP interface.

I'm assuming your an average Joe user and aren't using a mac or Linux.

to take a screenshot, hit the "Print Screen" button next to "F12". then, go to mspaint.exe and paste it in. Save as .jpg, upload it somewhere, and insert it into a post.

I'm sure theres a better way to do some of this, w/e.

#42507 Nintendo Ds

Posted by macman on 25 November 2004 - 04:44 PM in Off Topic

thats because it's Microsoft, and they are god.

Oh, Jesus, help me, Talio, you did not just say that....

I want a NDS just to hack it up. I can't wait to port some Linux to this, liek they're already working on at DSLinux Forums. I'm also looking forward to hacking up the Nintendo proprietary wifi protocol so we can tunnel through the 'Net to game... hehehe

Talio, you deserve death.

#42146 Urgent X-bow Help

Posted by macman on 21 November 2004 - 12:00 PM in Modifications

no idea, but...

Happy Birthday!

#42054 Prank Ideas

Posted by macman on 19 November 2004 - 06:32 PM in Off Topic

:cry: oh MAN! Jeez, thats a heart-wrenching story...

#41833 Art

Posted by macman on 16 November 2004 - 10:22 PM in Off Topic

*points at taita*
what he said.

#41690 N-strike Maverick

Posted by macman on 15 November 2004 - 06:33 PM in General Nerf

macman
Group: Members
Member No.: 1001

new Pronunciation Key (n, ny)
adj. new·er, new·est

1. Having been made or come into being only a short time ago; recent: a new law.
13. Inexperienced or unaccustomed: new at the job; new to the trials of parenthood.

(dictionary.com)

yeah. I think that constitutes new.

#41674 N-strike Maverick

Posted by macman on 15 November 2004 - 03:53 PM in General Nerf

2032?!

Whoa. Behold, the power of Cx.

#41628 True Self Expression

Posted by macman on 14 November 2004 - 03:54 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image
These guys kick some serious ass.

#41462 True Self Expression

Posted by macman on 11 November 2004 - 06:06 PM in Off Topic

I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, but I realized what crap it really was when i was almost second degree and quit. Now I practice with my Chinese friend a bit, and thats so much better than Tae Kwon Do classes.... I've done a little work with katanas, numchucks and bos, not to say that i'm proficient with any weapon!

#41117 Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by macman on 08 November 2004 - 12:47 AM in Off Topic

Han was enrolled in the Imperial Academy when he saved Chewbacca from execution by disobeying orders from a superior officer. He was dishonorably discharged and Chewbacca became his partner through a Wookie Life-debt for saving his life.

good?

#40800 The General, General, New Player Guide

Posted by macman on 04 November 2004 - 07:24 PM in General Nerf

Very nice, you post whore, you.

#40687 Ham Radio

Posted by macman on 03 November 2004 - 05:20 PM in Off Topic

This is KC2KVY. I've got my liscence, and its mad easy to get at least your tech ticket! Just get a study guide called "Now You're Talking" from the ARRL(American Radio Relay League) and study away... check out http://www.arrl.org for more info.

One thing you may find is that there aren't a whole lot of people our age (assuming you're younger than around 25-30), but I've made some pretty good friends through radio. Turns out they were also in scouts too, and we worked at a summer camp together, and thats where we got bit by the Nerf bug...

Its a good time. feel free to email me at KC2KVY@arrl.net if you want!
73 de KC2KVY

[EDIT]
oh, pineapple, your call is available if you wanted it back, haha.[/EDIT]

#40338 Halo 2

Posted by macman on 31 October 2004 - 10:58 AM in Off Topic

okto, my man, Marathon rules....

BRING BUNGIE BACK!!

#40151 Self-pumping Fully Automatic Patent

Posted by macman on 28 October 2004 - 11:06 PM in General Nerf

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Lima Mike Foxtrot Alpha Oscar.

#39736 Armageddon Video Not Working

Posted by macman on 24 October 2004 - 04:24 PM in General Nerf

oo a fellow mac user. Hello there.

umm, google VLC media player. I believe there is a Mac OS Classic version available that should be able to handle it. If not, let me know and I'll see what i can do to convert it to a better format.

oh, why don't you upgrade to OS X? you wouldn't run into these problems as much, really, i promise.

#39644 Towards A Reliable Fully Auto Homemade

Posted by macman on 23 October 2004 - 05:06 PM in Homemades

alright, i was just poking fun at you :lol: