Duke's Content

There have been 18 items by Duke (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#85614 Looking For A Complete Checklist

Posted by Duke on 24 July 2006 - 06:28 AM in General Nerf

There is a difference in size between the balls I have for my 2 Blast-a-Matics and the balls that came with my Supermaxx 5000. Not much difference, but one is larger (I forget which). Though, thinking about it, this may be because I've had the 2 B-A-M's since 1990 and have used them a lot....perhaps the balls have expanded over time?

I have a few bits of ammo that you don't have on your list yet, I'll take some pics asap and send them to you.

Oh, quick question as well - what guns came with the yellow with black tip mega darts? I have some in my ammo box but don't ever remember seeing them come with any of my guns...

#85537 Looking For A Complete Checklist

Posted by Duke on 23 July 2006 - 08:32 AM in General Nerf

Wild Boys: What I meant about the box displaying the gun inside of it was boxes like the Maverick or Nite Finder with the guns still in their packages. I am primarily looking for pictures of the guns themselves. All of the guns you listed I have already. Take a look at my PhotoBucket account as see what I mean.

Badger's PhotoBucket---Click on Ultimate Nerf Checklist

As for the ammo concern, I was thinking of doing that as well. Gods know I have plenty of darts and rings. That will be next on my list. The guns first though because, it is the harder task to complete.

EDIT: Thanks SG, that is exactly what I want. A picture of an unmodified gun. This will help.

You don't have to shut up.

With regards to ammo, I can provide pics of some of the slighty rarer bits of ammo from the old days. Let me know if you need old balls (the type that came in the Blast-a-Matic, slightly different size to the later models), black Larami's (before Supermaxx became Nerf) and yellow Larami's (came with older SM5000, not sure what else), Arrowstorm Arrows (yellow with black fins iirc), Larami arrows (black with pink fins), NB-1 arrows (mini black with blue fins), Sharpshooter 1 darts (not 100% if I still have any) and possibly more.

Ah, those black Larami darts were the dogs bollocks, I use to use them in every gun. So damn accurate and powerful.

#84850 Looking For A Complete Checklist

Posted by Duke on 12 July 2006 - 09:30 AM in General Nerf

Never could get my hands on one. My main criteria for buying a gun for my collection is:

1) Not modified in any way.

2) Has all of the origianl parts. Ammo is not a part of this unless the ammo is unique to the gun.

3) The gun needs to be functional.

I just got myself a Sawtooth a couple of months ago. I would have had one sooner, but every other one I saw was either missing the shoulder stock, the scope/barrel, the clips, or any combination of the above. Being a collector sucks sometimes.

By the way, Orange, I am officially asking you if I may use your pictures for this list.

I'd offer to sell you mine as I don't use my guns anymore, but unfortunatly its modified and the air tank needs a leak patched up. Still a great gun though, one of my favourites.

#84842 Looking For A Complete Checklist

Posted by Duke on 12 July 2006 - 04:36 AM in General Nerf

Think there's one or 2 pics I could help you out with there. Actually kinda suprised you don't own a Supermaxx 5000...any reason? Its a great gun.

#84737 Looking For A Complete Checklist

Posted by Duke on 11 July 2006 - 08:26 AM in General Nerf

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but does anyone remember that dude who posted those pics he had of basically an entire room full of guns a few years back? Literally, cupboards and drawers full of guns, guns hanging from the ceiling, and more. I'm pretty sure he said that him and his family essentially collected them. I think this was posted on Nerf Online, though it could have been sent round on the NerfList...my memory is a little hazey :) Just reading this topic I had a sudden image of seeing like 6 Arrowstorms hanging from a rack next to 5 or 6 x-bows. It was quite a sight!

Anyway, with regards to the topic, sounds like an excellent idea mate. Might I suggest that someone perhaps hosts a wiki (if you're stuck, I might have some space on one of my hosting accounts) so that everyone can easily contribute to the list. I'd be happy to lend a hand, though I haven't been involved with the community or Nerf itself for a numbers of years so my knowledge would mainly be limited to the older stuff :)

#84667 Behold!

Posted by Duke on 10 July 2006 - 11:47 AM in General Nerf

Hopefully. I'm thinking mid-late August like the BBB last year and the N-Strike the year before.

BBB last year, waaaaa? Was there a re-release of it?

Wow. Someone's late to the table. Go to your local Toys R Us for the answer.

I don't Nerf anymore, haven't been active in the Nerf community since Nerf Online died :) Besides which, I still have my BBB from when it was released the first time around.

On a side note, I doubt the re-release is available at many TRU's here in the UK, if any at all.

#84653 Behold!

Posted by Duke on 10 July 2006 - 04:15 AM in General Nerf

Hopefully. I'm thinking mid-late August like the BBB last year and the N-Strike the year before.

BBB last year, waaaaa? Was there a re-release of it?

#84528 Behold!

Posted by Duke on 07 July 2006 - 03:06 PM in General Nerf

Heh looks pretty sleek. :lol: I'm curious to see if this will make it to the UK...

#52232 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by Duke on 11 April 2005 - 02:36 PM in Homemades

I have to say Boltsniper, that is probably the most impressive plan/write-up I have ever seen for a Nerf gun. I drew up plans for a similar gun a few years back, but it never got past the plans. The main difference between that one and yours though was that mine was an drone gun - it was fitted with a large tripod and used a simple infra-red circuit to automatically fire if anyone walked in front of it. On reflection, I probably should have started with something a little less complicated :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work.

#52223 Favorite Band

Posted by Duke on 11 April 2005 - 11:55 AM in Off Topic

To name a few of my favourites-

Anthrax
Heathen
Nuclear Assault
Forbidden
Hexx
Hirax
Slaughter (no, not the hair metal band, but rather a pre-death/thrash band from Canada)
DragonForce
Armored Saint
Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Deathwish
Exciter
Cacophony
Exodus
Flotsam & Jetsam...

...and I could go on listing them really. To sum up, I listen to pretty much all thrash metal, with a touch of death, power and speed metal.

My 2 all-time favourite bands though would have to be Death and Anacrusis. Death for the extraordinary songwriting, extraordinary lyrics and extraordinary frontman, and Anacrusis for the excellent riffs and unpredictability.

#52220 Where Da Old Bastards At?

Posted by Duke on 11 April 2005 - 10:59 AM in Off Topic

Hey guys, I'm still around. I got nostalgic for the days of NO and the Nerflist so I decided to come here, and lo - my name was mentioned. Doogie, Adam, Vacc, Ash, long time no see.

Funnily enough, I was browsing around the other day and found that Nerf UK is still up on the net, which is a suprise as I haven't updated it in 4 years and I don't think anyone visits it anymore. I've been thinking about revamping the layout and touching up the terrible, but typical adolescent spelling, and putting it up as an archive on one of my webspaces. I'll probably frequent this forum a bit more as well, just to keep in contact.

As a matter of fact, when I head back to uni in 2 days (I'm 19 now and studying Aerospace Engineering at Swansea University if anyone cares), I was thinking of taking a few of my Nerf guns back with me to annoy my housemates. Acting on this, I dug out all my guns and actually had a fun afternoon just messing around with them in house - I'd forgotten how much fun they really are.

Anyway, if anyone feels like talking to me, you can find me on MSN Messenger, address: dukenukemttk@hotmail.com

Out of curiousity, has anyone seen Dr Genius around? I'd like to get back in contact with him. Also, does anyone still speak to Code, or know what he's up to these days?

---

Aled Pashley a.k.a. Duke Nukem
Supporter of the Monster Raving Loony Party
"Work smarter, not harder"

#25017 Happy Birthday

Posted by Duke on 28 April 2004 - 07:13 AM in Off Topic

Hmmm, 4.5% is more or less the average volume here for beer. Stella is about the highest popular lager at 5.2%, and Carlsberg Special Brew is a whopping 9%, although thats not very popular as it tastes like shit. Its a common homeless persons drink though, hence its nickname - "Central Heating for Tramps". Obviously then you've got whisky beers etc.. which are 10-20% by volume.

I had a look in my local off-license the other day, and was quite suprised to find a good selection of US bottled beers - any recommendations on what to try? (Besides the famous stuff like Budweiser, which I already drink).

#24866 Happy Birthday

Posted by Duke on 26 April 2004 - 10:24 AM in Off Topic

Hmmm, on the subject of beer, what sort do you guys drink over in USA and Canada, just out of curiosity?

Over here, the most popular lagers are Stella, Fosters, Carling, Carlsberg.
Ciders: Strongbow, Blackthorne, Scrumpy Jacks
Ales: (depends on where you live - in Wales, where I live, its Brains SA all the way)
Bitters: Guinness, Murphys
Liqueurs: Baileys, Sheridans

Not much point in mentioning spirits, they'd be pretty much the same. Also haven't included bottles of girlie drinks (like WKD, Smirnoff Ice etc.. as I hate them).

I'd guess you'd have some, if not many of the drinks mentioned above, but in bars is everything served in bottles? Or do you have drinks on tap? You just always seem to see people drinking bottles in the movies in American bars, whereas here you'd get most things on tap in bars and pubs.

EDIT: Also, is 21 the legal drinking age everywhere in USA and Canada? Its 18 over here, so ha! :P

#24321 The History Of Nerf

Posted by Duke on 15 April 2004 - 02:22 PM in General Nerf

After reading through your roster I'm guessing you joined Hal's Nerflist@onelist.com. That was maybe the 5th generation list and a very poor mockery of the original. I have a roster off of the Nerf-On list (maybe 3rd gen?) which has a few people on there you left out. Christ you didn't even list Goo... of ME for that matter. Ass.

You're not on there probably because you weren't active on that list. I only remember Death and Vacc being active from the Horsemen, and Goo never said anything.

#24310 The History Of Nerf

Posted by Duke on 15 April 2004 - 08:37 AM in General Nerf

I just missed out on the original listserv, but I joined towards the beginning of the OneList days...if you need any help, I'll be more than happy to talk, Mystic:

AIM - NerfNukem
MSN - dukenukemttk@hotmail.com

Speaking of sites, I was very suprised to see that my old site, Nerf UK, was actually still up - good old Fortune City. I really need to download the whole site to my HDD just in case it dies online. For old times sake, you know?

Edit: Just remembered, I wrote an (incomplete) list of the nerfers on the old OneList which might be of some use, as a lot of them on there are no longer around.

http://members.fortu...nerfuk/id61.htm

#24308 Blaspheme! You're Heathens! All Of You!

Posted by Duke on 15 April 2004 - 08:29 AM in Off Topic

Its all I've been playing the past few days, and I love it. Its such a vast improvement over 2003, and Onslaught rocks.

One thing though, it seems to take me ages to get into the ship on AS-Mothership, I keep getting nailed by the other starfighters....am I doing something wrong? Is there some kind of countermeasure button that I don't know about on the ships?

(Yes, I'm back - thought I'd come browse the forums, see what's going on)

#103 Fps Games

Posted by Duke on 17 December 2002 - 09:03 AM in Off Topic

Counter-Strike
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2003
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Quake II

The best 5, without doubt.

#35 Pants

Posted by Duke on 15 December 2002 - 12:24 PM in Off Topic

Ahh, its good to be back.