Thomas's Content

There have been 429 items by Thomas (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#124935 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Thomas on 03 October 2007 - 07:38 PM in Nerf Wars

I say the 14, because people, such as I, might have made plans for Columbus Day Weekend. But if this Nerf Wars going down on the 7th I'll beat my dad until he brings me back down from Maine. But I can make the 14th, and I might get there by 11, because I wake up around 9, drink coffee, and I have to wait for it to settle in if you catch my drift. But awesome, now it's sooner!

P.S. I have the money for the gun. When I get it I'm going to try my first paintjob, probably Black and Red or something, maybe colors to rep Halo, dunno.

#124927 Your Day Of Nerfing

Posted by Thomas on 03 October 2007 - 07:17 PM in General Nerf

Finally got some ranges on my hidden shot
Shot 1: 37
Shot 2. 42
Shot 3: 45
Shot 4: 15 (Dud dart, I swear!)
Shot 5: 39

Not bad for something so small, Rose-art barrel too.

#124817 Getting Into Nerf, What I Think I Need...

Posted by Thomas on 02 October 2007 - 07:22 PM in General Nerf

My personal opinion? Vests suck. If you want, use Stefans, you'll know when you're hit :)
And as for Nitefinders, they are actually pretty easy to mod. Mavericks don't suck, either, but again, this is just my personal opinion.

#124694 The Complete Nerf Modification Handbook

Posted by Thomas on 01 October 2007 - 06:40 PM in General Nerf

Yah. Except no. The pictures are sometimes vital to the mod. Some of us don't have high-quality printers, and I find it hard to convince my dad to waste his ink. I think this is a great idea, I'd buy one.

#124442 Your Day Of Nerfing

Posted by Thomas on 29 September 2007 - 09:32 AM in General Nerf

I found some FBR in my school's auditorium, but I don't want to take it because it's theatre property. And I found a Wildfire on Ebay if anyone's interested, it's on the second page of searching Nerf Darts. My SSPB's should be coming tomorrow, and I'm going to Home Depot today to get some PVC for them

#124400 Graphic Design

Posted by Thomas on 28 September 2007 - 08:57 PM in Off Topic

Nerffreak, thank you so much, but I can't download it, I don't have Vista. And Carbon, I was thinking along the lines of Level Design/plot design, and maybe character design or something. I know nothing about it, I'm starting without any prior knowledge. I Know I sound like a total nub, just asking about something I'm not even sure about, but Designing characters and area's/level's in a game's been my dream since I was 5, when I first picked up the Atari joystick. But when I hit 6th grade that idea left me, but it came back and slapped me in the face. So if I find a way to get more information, I'll focus on this as much as possible, because if I'm going to make something out of my life, it might as well be something I can enjoy, and I love drawing and writing. I'm not too shabby with a computer either.

#124396 Graphic Design

Posted by Thomas on 28 September 2007 - 08:10 PM in Off Topic

In English class, my teacher asked us freshman what we wanted to be, and see if it changed when we became Seniors. When I went to write something, I realized that I had no idea what I wanted to be. But now as I sit here, and look back on life, I've always said that I wanted to be someone who designed video games. I realize it would be hard as hell, and that it'll take a lot of work, and I probably won't break through to any major companies, but I want to know if anyone's had any experience in the field and could tell me what to work at? It's either this or being a writer, and I don't know which yet.

#124366 25% Off And Free Shipping @ Habrotoyshop.com

Posted by Thomas on 28 September 2007 - 04:57 PM in General Nerf

So if I bought a couple of those SSPB from Hasbro, it'll be 6.00, then take away 25% and it's only 4.00, and free shipping? Or is there a certain amount you have to spend?

I'm pretty sure 25% off of $6 is $4.50.

Haha, stupid me, well, I just won't tell my dad I owe him 50 cents. Thanks

#124359 25% Off And Free Shipping @ Habrotoyshop.com

Posted by Thomas on 28 September 2007 - 04:36 PM in General Nerf

So if I bought a couple of those SSPB from Hasbro, it'll be 6.00, then take away 25% and it's only 4.00, and free shipping? Or is there a certain amount you have to spend?

#124357 Your Day Of Nerfing

Posted by Thomas on 28 September 2007 - 04:27 PM in General Nerf

Alright, so I don't know if anyone's tried this, but here goes:
How was your day of Nerfing? Find anything, learn something new, or buy a new gun? Post what you've done with your day that's nerf related!

I'll go. I dremmeled a knotch in my Crayola Barrel for my HS and it now shoots a lot further. I have never used a Stefan either! I can't wait to make one and see how far it can shoot.

Edit: Hidden Shot= HS

#124141 Weird Question About Posts Ive Seen

Posted by Thomas on 25 September 2007 - 05:35 PM in Off Topic

What are you talking about? I've never seen people spell sn!pe weird. Maybe I'm not lokking close enough but its always looked like sn1pe.r to me.

(assholeism aside)
I guess its some cultural thing. I could really care less because losing really was no fun place in nerf.

I disagree; If your in an indoor war, such as a living room, it's always rewarding to plant one on your cousins and/or friends forehead. That is if you have an accurate enough gun.

#124035 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Thomas on 24 September 2007 - 02:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, so now we just need a time, right? I can do anytime, so shoot some idea's out.

#123828 How Much Experience

Posted by Thomas on 22 September 2007 - 10:13 AM in Modifications

Thanks Gengar, and for the sake of not starting a new topic like I planned to; Does anyone know where I could FIND a BBBB? Or a Clip Tek? I heard you can find them at Walgreens, but it must not be a massachusetts thing or something, because I searched it on there website, and I also went to a wallgreens in the next city over, and they didn't have a BBBB, but I'll check the local wallgreens today. BBBB's are only like, $10 right?

#123819 How Much Experience

Posted by Thomas on 21 September 2007 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

just return the double shot, get the pump shotgun and double barrel it.

Where could I get the Pump Shotgun? And Zaxby, thanks, I think I will go grab one of those, if I can find one at Wallgreens. Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

#123813 How Much Experience

Posted by Thomas on 21 September 2007 - 10:03 PM in Modifications

I've only done AR removal and Spring Replacement, also one barrel replacement, and I was wondering if someone with not much experience could mod a Double Shot, or a Maverick easily? I have to choose, and I would like to know which is a simplier/ more effective modable(?) gun.

#123789 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Thomas on 21 September 2007 - 08:28 PM in Nerf Wars

My dates are flexible, I can do whenever you guys want to, so count me in on any date. Also, my mom threw away my NF and my Crossfire, so I'm down to 2 guns which aren't good. At all. My Hidden Shot only gets 40 and my Magstrike is my only primary, so I don't know what's gonna happen. But tell me, what should I buy for the war, A Double Shot, a SSPB (gonna get anyway), a NF, or a mav to mod? I'm not quite sure what would do best in a war

#123755 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Thomas on 21 September 2007 - 03:18 PM in Nerf Wars

The 13 works much better for me, I go to maine on columbus day weekend. I got a few extra guns, and one more question; Is there a Walmart or a Target within walking distance or driving? I'm saving up money till the last minute and getting a few extra guns and what not

#123585 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Thomas on 19 September 2007 - 07:06 PM in Nerf Wars

omc, he's like the god of PETG right? If he's coming do you think I could ask him to bring some petg and i'd pay him upfront? I need to add a barrel to my NF

#123570 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Thomas on 19 September 2007 - 05:52 PM in Nerf Wars

10 fifty foot shots? That's way better than any gun i have :o And it's not like i'm buying them, it's just a gun my friend has. I'm 14, and I don't care what age you guys are, I just want to nerf. It'll be akward though, because I won't know anyone, and I've got 3 guns, and I'll probably be wearing a cup just incase I get shot in the *out of respect for Foam* and I dont' want to have to deal with that. Unless it's unesscesary.

#123546 The Bad Nerf Day

Posted by Thomas on 19 September 2007 - 04:45 PM in General Nerf

I know how you feel, I came home with a magstrike and my mom smashed my Crossfire. She's crazy! I was so pissed, but I guess i'd rather have my magstrike than my crossfire, but I would REALLY rather have both than 1. But I set her straight, and she gave my 5 dollars, half of what it was. I dissagree with not fighting with our parents, unless your parents are open-minded. My parents are just dumb, and it takes a good row with them to get your point across.

#123537 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Thomas on 19 September 2007 - 04:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Would you guys please clean out the swears because my mom is going to look at this topic. I'm a possibility if you do that and outlaw the singled Titan so my mom will let me play. Also what is the age range at this war going to be.

I myself was going to ask about outlawning the titan. I only see one thing that a parent would consider a swear, and if that kid doesn't get on just have your mom read the first one. I don't swear, but on occasion one might slip, so no worries :) I hope to pick up a couple guns this weekend, maybe a crossfire and a longshot, but they aren't mine. I might also get a Dart Tag Blaster, the one that shoots 10 but I don't know of mods for it

#123412 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Thomas on 18 September 2007 - 05:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm good with the 6th. I'll start spreading the word with my crew.

Sick. So, with 6 from melrose, Thomas (assuming he comes alone), and myself with at least 4 others we have 10! Hurrah!

It's fine with the HQ - I didn't think about it because I don't really browse there anymore, but any other participants would be great.

TS

Theres a kid who's interested on Nerfhq, his username is Death Monkey.
Yah, I'll be alone, and I might get there via skateboard, if I cant skate there I might not be able to go, and that woulld suck

#123346 Battle In The Pines '07 (mano)

Posted by Thomas on 17 September 2007 - 05:47 PM in Nerf Wars

I took the liberty of posting this on Nerfhq, ok? I'm a definite maybe.

#123324 Boston

Posted by Thomas on 17 September 2007 - 03:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I've asked my dad and he said I can probably go, but I've got some questions, if you don't mind;
Is it close to a Wendy's or something? Or should I pack my own lunch?
Problem if I only bring Stock Darts? I can't afford to make/buy stefan's at the moment
last; When will we set the rules if we start this?

I have no friends that nerf, but I'll try and see if I can get a friend to come with me.
But this would be awsome, I've only done indoor games with 4 other kids. As for an arsenal, I might be able to get my hands on a couple of my cousins guns, 'cause I only have a few. This would be a great experience, seeing as though I've never seen most of these rare guns in person, I've seen only what Walmart and Target have in stock at times

I forgot to ask; do we need to get a permit to play at the park?

#123141 How Many Pumps

Posted by Thomas on 15 September 2007 - 08:55 PM in General Nerf

Alright thanks, I think I'll mod it then. And you spelled completely correctly.

#123135 How Many Pumps

Posted by Thomas on 15 September 2007 - 08:09 PM in General Nerf

No, I didn't remove anything yet. And excuse me for being a noob

#123123 How Many Pumps

Posted by Thomas on 15 September 2007 - 06:07 PM in General Nerf

I don't want to start a new topic, so here goes; if I pump my magstrike 17 times I can hear a hissing noise, is this normal or is my bladder cracked?

#123089 Boston

Posted by Thomas on 15 September 2007 - 03:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I was wondering if anyone wants to have a war in the Boston area, as lately most wars are a couple hours away.

I live in lynn :) I've never been to a war though, so I don't know how they generally work and such. And I also only have a Magstrike, Nitefinder (only AR removed) and a modded Hidden Shot. But I plan on modding my magstrike tonight, and I'm working on trying to find anything that can improve my NF

#123080 Downhill Skatebaording

Posted by Thomas on 15 September 2007 - 01:53 PM in Off Topic

I've never bombed a hill, but I've got a Sector9 34 or 36', and it's a beauty. But I prefer skating with a... I don't know what to call it, a regular deck?