Viper's Content

There have been 471 items by Viper (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#62170 Motorized Airfoil Launcher Patented

Posted by Viper on 17 August 2005 - 11:38 PM in General Nerf

The airfoil diagraphms were identical to the past ones that were mentioned in the vortex products, so its basically the same projectile.

#62159 Motorized Airfoil Launcher Patented

Posted by Viper on 17 August 2005 - 10:12 PM in General Nerf

AUTOMATIC AIRFOIL LAUNCHER
Looks pretty interesting.......

#61960 Lubricant

Posted by Viper on 15 August 2005 - 12:33 AM in Homemades

Use airsoft silicone lubricant. Most other types come with acetone and some other material that eats rubber and plastic.

#61904 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 14 August 2005 - 01:12 AM in Off Topic

I just added my laptop (1.4GHZ). Now what if we got each member to donate $5 of so via paypal to buy more computers to fold? Anywho I'm gonna try to advertise via my shipments from now on and on my nerf store.

#61884 Nerf Arena

Posted by Viper on 13 August 2005 - 06:37 PM in Nerf Wars

If you want to make it make money you'd better include kids in the plan somewhere. In fact, I'd try to put one by a chuck e cheese's or McDonalds. Those vests that sense pressure could be manipulated by simply pressing on it with your hand. I'd just go low-tech and give kids, adults etc. a chance to have fun with nerf toys.

#61648 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 11 August 2005 - 02:28 PM in Off Topic

I got only 1 CPU and I'm like in the middle of the nerfhaven pack.

#61509 Firefly In Stock At Walmart.com And Dart Tag

Posted by Viper on 09 August 2005 - 01:29 PM in General Nerf

Nerf Firefly

#61420 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Viper on 08 August 2005 - 10:09 AM in General Nerf

Stomp Rocket
Coral Viper
Stinging Scarab?

These are the unknowns fro myour list.

#61019 Spoon

Posted by Viper on 03 August 2005 - 01:27 AM in General Nerf

Die Hard Nerf Warriors homepage it was called I believe. Memories...... The first site I ever remember was Foam Weapons Arsenal, but who can forget the Nerfland and Nerfworld fellas..

#61017 Nerf On Wikipedia

Posted by Viper on 03 August 2005 - 01:08 AM in General Nerf

Nerfpalace and laramireviewed are both my sites. I had some pretty good reviews and writings on nerf history but unfortunately I lack the tech skills necessary to make a Nerfcenter type database of nerf reviews.

Just as a sidenote: You can take the information from these reviews which took literally years to collect and the entire document, modify it etc. without any need to give me credit for it. The reason I mention this is because I don't make a DIME from making nerf reviews. ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE. :P

#60993 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Viper on 02 August 2005 - 09:50 PM in General Nerf

Most of my arsenal, which is a little bigger than it was in the picture, is at my father's house in Indiana. I don't have the time to open up the boxes and take pics of them at the moment but I can tell you that I have all but a few of the nerf guns ever made and duplicates of them. I have 4 N-strike sets and about 10 at2ks or something like that and a bunch of other guns like LNL's,splitfire's, A-storm's, chainblazers,rototrack etc.

#60921 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Viper on 02 August 2005 - 01:13 PM in General Nerf

my arsenal

BTW- All those boxes are full of more nerf guns.

#60764 Firefly Out Online

Posted by Viper on 01 August 2005 - 12:18 AM in General Nerf

So let's make a list of all the states and stores its been sighted in.

Arizona-target
California
New York

#60736 Firefly Out Online

Posted by Viper on 31 July 2005 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

9/16" high quality PETG is more than 3x cheaper than brass, lighter and easier to work with, and now it can maintain the darts glowing properties? :P

#60405 Firefly Out Online

Posted by Viper on 27 July 2005 - 10:55 PM in General Nerf

michigan sightings? What stores are currently carrying it and where?

#60305 Supermaxx 1500 Arrow Shooter

Posted by Viper on 27 July 2005 - 02:15 AM in General Nerf

This is a pretty rare gun I had at one point and would like to collect more data on it. I was wondering if anyone had this rare gun even in broken condition.

#60188 Homemade Vortex Rings

Posted by Viper on 25 July 2005 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

The reason the vortex ring gets so much distance is because of the bournelli effect where the air is moving faster over the outside of the ring than the inside. That effect mightbe hard to achieve and make it stable and even.

#59955 Nerf: The Ultimate Dream Job?

Posted by Viper on 23 July 2005 - 08:47 AM in General Nerf

Cool, play patterns, eh? I want to look up more on this stuff. I remeber a quote from Kenner toys CEO that stated it was 40-60 weeks from idea to shipment of a toy.

#59940 Nerf: The Ultimate Dream Job?

Posted by Viper on 23 July 2005 - 02:01 AM in General Nerf

I can't really argue with OMC, being as he has actually been at Nerf Headquarters. I know about the KED equations and even have an article on my site thats been there for about 5-6 months outlining their limitations. They seem to draw on from what we post on this site based on some of the design ideas that they produce, I can't remeer any directly at the moment though. We're like a diverse, free community of intelligent and practical beings that they can always draw upon.

On the marketing factor and how we're such a small demographic is right on, although besides the hardcore performance stuff I desire similiar things that a 6 or 8 year old boy would desire i.e full automatics, big guns that shoot big ballistas etc.

As far as nerf not being as big as it used to, again congress was caught playing with ballzookas while they were discussing budget deficits (Kenner Toys History) I think it has to do with the increased interest in videogames from all of nerf's major demographics, I think all "games" like low-margin frisbee's and other toys that you physically play with have taken a seat to videogames. You also have to take into effect the effect of increased competion since nerf was in the "Nerf Action" phase. I was really just being sinical but nerf has done far more than anyone could really ask of them.

#59934 Nerf: The Ultimate Dream Job?

Posted by Viper on 23 July 2005 - 12:58 AM in General Nerf

I know a great deal of people on this site would give up their left testicle to have a shot at working for nerf or buzzbee but it seems that for the most part the people that OMC and Talio describe didn't even know what a crossbow was. I wonder what kind of products we'd see if we had people on this site were working at hasbro. Its one thing to have a marketing or bachelors in mechanical engineering, but quite another to have passion for making really unique toys and the skills required can be taught quite easily. I mean look at what many of us have accomplished with limited materials?

Lonnie Johnson's original supersoaker prototype was really far less intracite than boltsnipers F.A.R in complexity and overall coolness factor. I remember seeing where the oddworld developers used this stratgy instead of getting programmers with a higher salary that weren't nearly as passionate about their work. Could nerf do the same? One of my buds that now works at the local cigar box is retired from kenner toys as a salesman and says it was the best years of his life by far.

#59931 Broken Airtech 4000-possible Mods?

Posted by Viper on 22 July 2005 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

The rotating mech in the airtech4000 is notoriously sensitive. Ripping off the barrels can even screw it up, the best way to see is just to take a detailed pic of the internals and show it to the nerf repairmen on the forum.

#59850 Larami

Posted by Viper on 21 July 2005 - 10:26 PM in Modifications

Is it a pistol(sm500) or a rifle(SM5000). There were 2 small soldiers guns and both are pretty rare, especially the SM500.

#59778 Modifying Bb Guns To Shoot Micros

Posted by Viper on 20 July 2005 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

I've made a good 3-4 of them. Co2 is very volitile and plays hell on your darts, make sure you have a long barrel and it is preffered that you use 5/8" stefans for better accuracy and less of a chance of the weights flying out, why is why you should use clay instead of metal bb's, steel shot etc.

In cold climates the gun will be almost useless

I suggest you buy a brass eagle blade for like $15 and add a new barrel, foregrip etc.

The only reason paintball makers use co2 is that it is cheap to store, no need for a $150 nitrogen tank, however its hard on your gun parts due to its psi deviating from 300-2000 psi(Tippmann.com) on a regular basis and is far less consistant than compressed air, which we use in our nerf guns.

#59623 K&s Brass

Posted by Viper on 18 July 2005 - 07:49 PM in Modifications

9/16" PETG is identical in ID as the 9/16" brass, baghead even comformed it. Its cheaper by the way.

#59553 K&s Brass

Posted by Viper on 17 July 2005 - 11:46 PM in Modifications

Don't buy Brass tubing, by my 9/16" high quality PETG tubing. The PETG is far easier to work with, lighter but still quite strong.

#59110 Defender T3 Mod (full Write Up And Pics)

Posted by Viper on 11 July 2005 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Very thorough starbuck, that's the best mod/review of the DT3 to date easily. The Dt3 arrow launcher has far more mod potential than the BBB and many other toys that people still seem to prefer.

#59004 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 10 July 2005 - 01:03 AM in Off Topic

I'm on now, my virus software keeps on bugging me about the folding@home program for whatever reason.

#58932 Magnum Pistol (100 Feet)

Posted by Viper on 08 July 2005 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

A thick spring also helps out. High end Automatic electric airsoft guns don't exactly have a huge plunger tube but they do have a very high tension spring.

#58866 Where To Find Thew Buzz Bee Shotgun?

Posted by Viper on 08 July 2005 - 01:24 AM in General Nerf

Local K-mart already checked.

#58819 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 07 July 2005 - 12:27 AM in Off Topic

I've downloaded it and its running. How do I get to join your team though?

#58755 Where To Find Thew Buzz Bee Shotgun?

Posted by Viper on 05 July 2005 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

I live in Michigan in Milford near Detroit but have no idea where to get a buzz bee shotgun.

#58754 Market For Surgical Tubing?

Posted by Viper on 05 July 2005 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

Ask shortshit baghead. He got a canadian manufacturer to make it at a 2500 ft min order. That FBR was shortshit's and yes it was a bit fluffy, try using clay as a substitute weight so that you don't have bb's flying out of your darts.

#58748 Market For Surgical Tubing?

Posted by Viper on 05 July 2005 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

Surgical tubing is far stronger than bungees.

#58538 Market For Surgical Tubing?

Posted by Viper on 01 July 2005 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

What about dayglow orange foam backing rod?

#58528 Market For Surgical Tubing?

Posted by Viper on 01 July 2005 - 01:28 AM in Modifications

Since I'm going off to college and won't have a ton of time to devote to my nerfhub project etc. I want to become the distributer of modding materials etc.

I was starting with surgical tubing because its basically like REALLY BIG rubberbands that you can only find at my father's place in Indiana's local Medical store. Imagine instead of 10 bungees like 1-2 surgical tubing bands that last forever.

Is there anything else I could buy in bulk and distribute to all you nerf fans?

Nerfhub

#58527 Wikipedia Nerf Section

Posted by Viper on 01 July 2005 - 01:19 AM in General Nerf

What we need to establish as a community is a Wikipedia.org section for nerf that explains the entire history and is full of pictures, articles, links etc. that explain it thoroughly.

I was thinking of having everyone submit artilces on this board at their basic strengths, i.e boltsniper writing about homemades, Baghead,cxwq on various mods etc..

#58526 Is It Feasible?

Posted by Viper on 01 July 2005 - 01:10 AM in General Nerf

I gave boltsniper a mechbox for an airsoft gun along with another mechbox, sm1000,at2000, and a rattler awhile back. Let's see what he can come up with.

With the already installed mechbox all you'd need to do is have spring fed clip or gravity fed that drops darts in front of the battery powered piston, the only problem is how much power that will create from that tiny piston, though its more than I originally thought due to the thickness of the spring. It runs on a rechargable 7.2V battery.

We could make a better piston and gears for sure at an online place that charges $200, all they need are the CAD diagrahms.

#58085 Need For A Moderator

Posted by Viper on 24 June 2005 - 02:49 AM in General Nerf

I'm in the market for an admin to run my site. The project is called nerfhub and The sites format is already solidified with forums, shoutbox, and a great flash "Nerfhub" presentation all put forth by Taita Cakes. I've been the sole funder of this project and will continue to fund it, but I've rezlized that my technical expertise is far behing what being an Admin requires an the time I have available to me is limited also. Instead I want to devote myself to writing various articles and continuing to add to my collection of reviews of eccentric and rare toys. Does anyone know of a good hosting site where I could use a template to make a reviews database as well as a mods section etc.?

#57649 History Behind Nerf Design

Posted by Viper on 16 June 2005 - 05:14 PM in General Nerf

Not that it matters, but we already discussed this awhile back. Interesting reminder and if you want to you can check out his unreleased designs via freepatentsonline, I have all the patent numbers listed on "my other site"

#57617 Airzone Automatic Rapid Fire

Posted by Viper on 16 June 2005 - 10:17 AM in General Nerf

Its a pump gun? It looks a lot like the lanard speedloader, which is cocking and weak.