Viper's Content

There have been 471 items by Viper (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#34921 Review Template

Posted by Viper on 22 August 2004 - 10:30 PM in General Nerf

I know many of hwo probably know a million programs that will do what I am asking for one to do,but do you guys know of a program in which you can import pictures and keep everything in a neat little format. I've been trying to make this huge review effort work out,but microsoft paint makes it look ugly as hell, asymmetric etc.

#34916 Crazy E-bay Guy Again

Posted by Viper on 22 August 2004 - 10:18 PM in General Nerf

I tested it and it does shoot 85 feet max(angled). Nerfcenter has it at 78 feet, so I don't see the big deal( 7 foot differential). If you guys want to buy them I could guarantee these numbers. If you don't think I'm telling the truth then don't buy the guns, its that simple. As much of an "asshat" or "con" I am I can guarantee the ranges. My descriptions aren't inflated at all, and if you'd actually test these guns out yourself,you might figure it out. Just make a good seal w/ a crayola barrel using tape on the back end,stuff it in the track. Then you can use what is most likely a common stronger spring the same size as the rototrack's(length) or you can order one of these springs from me. 17/32 brass also works,but the only place I've received that is from past aucitons in which I bought a brassed gun. I didn't do any extra sealing on the plunger w/ masking tape, because I screwed up my chainblazer doing that.

#34859 Crazy E-bay Guy Again

Posted by Viper on 22 August 2004 - 01:28 PM in General Nerf

Ya thanx, links.

#34846 Crazy E-bay Guy Again

Posted by Viper on 22 August 2004 - 08:18 AM in General Nerf

Sorry fellas, I meant Stefan Mohr. Anyway, it shoots 102 feet angled, which isn't that great,but its a semi-auto repeater.

#34814 Crazy E-bay Guy Again

Posted by Viper on 21 August 2004 - 11:19 PM in General Nerf

That's me actually and it will shoot farther than my modded x-bow, bceause its spring got replaced by an aco hardware spring and its modded to shoot micros.I drilled holes in the back of the chain also. I haven't brassed my modded xbow yet, but it still gets 97 feet max. You could try buying it and find out for yourself if you'd like. They are crayola barrels w/ tape on the back to seal them in well. It is very accurate, though it does shoot high( like a brassed arrowstorm does) and the crayola barrels can be taken out with pliers fairly quickly. My sold modded xbow got 120ft w/ arrows but I sold that like a few years ago after the plunger seal stretched and busted due to the stress ( I also broke the cocking mechanism)IN that case I just did the Stephen Mohr mod,taped up a better seal for the plunger and added a REALLY tense peice of surgical tubing. When I was little I used to use that modded xbow to shoot at birds around my neighborhood. I got one every so often, still I shot a few birds w/ a nerf gun.

#34776 New Poof Blaster

Posted by Viper on 21 August 2004 - 06:30 PM in General Nerf

poof sureshot I didn't find it on search,but does anyone have this gun?

#34772 Nerfcenter

Posted by Viper on 21 August 2004 - 05:48 PM in General Nerf

Can anyone post a picture of the buzzer bazooka?

#34560 Nerfcenter

Posted by Viper on 19 August 2004 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

eeech... actually I am happy for Andy,because reviewing is a LONG process. I just got done with an electric eel review and all the possible mods, I have a chronograph and Andy's velocity's look right on. His max distances were virtually identical to mine. Except on the powerclip and wildfire. 85,54 vs 78,49 but thoe can be accounted for on manufacturing differces. I measrued max distances and inlcuded mod potential in my review. I only made a 2x4 target after trying many out I found out that only a 2x4 startingat 15 ft (20 if accuracy was 100% at 15) was really needed. I included max range's for airjet darts in the old guns and have all the airzone/larami( ballgun being bought now) guns reviewed. What formatting software did you use, Andy, cuz windows paint doesn't seem to fit the bill. I have relative value ratings w/ specific prices to describe how much a used version or NIB is worth. After finishing many guns I have a great deal of respect for And and what he's done and how incrediably similiar his results were to mine. A job well done I may say.

#34296 People Taken To Jail And Guns Confiscated For Nerf

Posted by Viper on 18 August 2004 - 03:23 PM in General Nerf

I now its been posted a thousand times but this boone guy's quote is funny , " We've seen our share of crazy stuff-people with guns and people who are nuts -and they leave it to us in a split second to decide who is crazy, what is a real gun and who is a high school kid with a fake gun playing in dart wars in the dark wearing fake camo." Reminds me of the guy at my local walmart who talks about his "Gunfights" w/ detroit gangsters. Or the officers who shot a black man while he was pulling for his shifter.(18 times) and laughed about their mistake afterword. If you can't tell a nerf gun from a real gun in a second's time, should you really be a police officer? Airsoft guns and other replicas are understandable, but how many real guns have u seen that have any resemblence to nerf guns. Many nerf guns don't even have triggers, but buttons or manual action. Just a bunch of piggies on a powertrip looking for their first kill. After all, shouldn't an officer be held accountable if he mistakes an arrowstorm for real gun? That's like mistaking your hunting buddy as a deer and shooting him. My favorite part is the photo with the officer examining the guns as if they were weapons of mass destruction. sniff....sniff I smell bacon cooking.

#33905 Switch Shots Max..

Posted by Viper on 13 August 2004 - 02:46 PM in General Nerf

Yep that's true. Both parts (4-shot) can do quite well. Use brass on bother 4 barrels and the squirtgun and you have a nicesniper-trooper combo gun.

#33894 Huge Review Effort

Posted by Viper on 13 August 2004 - 11:21 AM in General Nerf

I have reviewed a ton of nerf guns. I have over 300 at my house. I'm missing only a few nerf and the matttel series. I have almost all of the larami series, all the koosh series.

#33871 Switch Shots Max..

Posted by Viper on 12 August 2004 - 10:56 PM in General Nerf

Ya for the msot part it was overlooked. That entire switch shots line had power actually.

#33859 Huge Review Effort

Posted by Viper on 12 August 2004 - 09:43 PM in General Nerf

've decided to start upa review database that starts where nerfcenter left off and adds a little to it. I have a chronograph which measures the velocity at which the gun shoots and plan to have either a simple modification at the bottom of my review page or links to various mods across the web. I will also include the relative value of the gun based on ebay auctions that are currently goinIg on. Any other ideas? Or any rare guns you guys want to inform me of that I need to buy and review?

#33662 Hailstorm?

Posted by Viper on 10 August 2004 - 01:15 PM in General Nerf

yep,thanks for pointing that out.

#33623 Pics Of New Nerf Line?

Posted by Viper on 09 August 2004 - 11:41 PM in General Nerf

Does anyone currently have pics of the new nerf line. I remeber seeing it somewhere it had drawings of nightfinder's with different color schemes and many other released guns. EDIT- thnk you for the information. Exactly what I was looking for.

#33557 Hailstorm?

Posted by Viper on 08 August 2004 - 10:57 PM in General Nerf

I thought the name had something to do with culture but I never knew the specfics. What okto said makes perfect sense, likke how they renamed a past chevy trcuk in mexico, because in spanish it meant "doesn't run"

#33496 Hailstorm?

Posted by Viper on 08 August 2004 - 01:25 AM in General Nerf

It was on nerfonline as a previewed airjet gun. Upon release, we all relized it was renamed lightnin' blitz. This section also previewed the wildfire as a 5shot mega dart shooter.

#33495 Ballistas Or Arrows

Posted by Viper on 08 August 2004 - 01:18 AM in General Nerf

I don't know about that (ballista's superior to nerf arrows) I can get max ranges better out of my nerf arrows if I mod my crossbow a specific way than I can out of stefans if I mod it specifically for them. Overall, stefans are far easier to maintain and simply find, but arrows hold their own. If you have a slow release mechasim or a long plunger tube(crossbow) compared to EAB,which has a short fat one, arrows are almost the optimal choice.

#32976 Would You Buy Watermelon Pink 1/2" FBR?

Posted by Viper on 03 August 2004 - 01:08 AM in General Nerf

i'll take some. I must pay for some things 1st and take my girls out but seriously i would buy at least 100' of it

#32640 Pipe Insulator Missiles

Posted by Viper on 29 July 2004 - 10:32 PM in Homemades

I have too and got 103.7 feet(wind assisted) with my modded supersoaker xp. no mater how I make the fins, theu usually seem to be incrediably inaccurate, however. I tried making fins that make it spin and it worked slightly better.

#32637 Where To Buy

Posted by Viper on 29 July 2004 - 10:25 PM in Homemades

I tried 1/2 copper b/f i saw ur post. It didn't work. I'll test 5/8 just for the hell of it. its only like 2 bucks a foot. I'll check my local hobbystores thank you.

#32551 Where To Buy

Posted by Viper on 28 July 2004 - 09:36 PM in Homemades

PVC is common, but where do you buy brass? or PETG?And does copper come in 17/32 size?

#32550 How Does The Modded Max Shot Stack Up?

Posted by Viper on 28 July 2004 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

Thanks. Now anyone want to sell me one? What does a maximizer look like?

#32484 How Does The Modded Max Shot Stack Up?

Posted by Viper on 27 July 2004 - 11:18 PM in General Nerf

I s the max shot a pump or cock gun?

#32399 How Does The Modded Max Shot Stack Up?

Posted by Viper on 27 July 2004 - 02:03 AM in General Nerf

Does the max shot when modded, get the same range as the sm5000?

#32337 X-bow Finished..

Posted by Viper on 26 July 2004 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

I've had that prob w/ my crossbow in the past. With arrows the air can be forced out too fast if you mod it too much. The seal might very well be folded incorrectly or there may have been a leak forced by the additional force involved.

#30805 Which Nerf Gun Has Greatest Range?

Posted by Viper on 09 July 2004 - 01:27 PM in General Nerf

Hard to say, of course you could mod a paintball gun to shoot nerf darts insane distances. A talon or blade will run about $17 at walmart. but those blow holes in the darts.(PVC barel replacement) A modded SM1000 made by makers of supersoaker will do about as a well as a modded BBB,sm5K,x-bow,modded electric eel,and lightnin blitz. Supersoaker's do count in my opinion, but remeber to use arrows for best distanmce, since the air release is a little slow.

#30287 Brass Barrels...

Posted by Viper on 03 July 2004 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

Does brass really add that much range to your gun? PLastic is self-lubricating, but many people claim brass is the way to go.

#29929 Is The Air Tech 2k -3k Worth It?

Posted by Viper on 30 June 2004 - 12:02 AM in General Nerf

Thanks fellas. I've read all the stuff about the max shot. Is that new target pistol gun worth buying?

#29849 Is The Air Tech 2k -3k Worth It?

Posted by Viper on 29 June 2004 - 02:59 AM in General Nerf

I've been out of the nerf world for awhile and I was wondering if the airtech guns were worth purchasing. Also what is the max shot?

#29724 Best Nerf Gun

Posted by Viper on 28 June 2004 - 01:13 AM in Modifications

Modded: SM5000 unmodded: bbb? With a very simple mod the sm5000 will do 100' straight.