Airsoft999's Content

There have been 242 items by Airsoft999 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#65924 Nerf Drive-by

Posted by Airsoft999 on 16 October 2005 - 01:11 PM in Nerf Wars

In the Meadowvale clan wars. 2 players will killed in Nerf drive bys(sp?)

The first was taken out while camping someones house. He was hiding to close the curb. The cars speed slowed down at the right time. Two rapid fires hanging out the front passenger window and the rear right passenger window. 40 darts later he had no chance.

The other player taken out was walking to work and again walking to close to the curb and my team just pulled up beside her and out pops the rapid fire. I think my team didnt even keep going they just pulled up beside her and stopped but indeed another quality hit.

That was disturbing until I realized what you actually meant.

#63676 Just To Clarify Things

Posted by Airsoft999 on 15 September 2005 - 02:32 PM in Off Topic

Weren't there two other cases of poseurs in the past? I don't remember who the victims were, though. I think one of them was either GrOOvE or Rags, and I don't remember the other one. Yooper was associated with it though, I remember reading it.

EDIT:: Yooper was imitating Stefan http://www.nerfhq.co... nerfer&start=0

#63273 The Loud Nf

Posted by Airsoft999 on 07 September 2005 - 06:59 PM in General Nerf

NF's are hella quiet un-modded, but for some reason, once you just pull out the peg without opening the gun, it gets loud. You could try something like the mech. used on the new BBB, cause unmodded, It's really quiet. And weak. I'm currently modding mine...

#63211 New: Tech Target Redesign; New Dart Tag Gun

Posted by Airsoft999 on 06 September 2005 - 06:22 PM in General Nerf

If the crossfire top-cocks, it's going to suck balls given the size that it seems.

#63208 'big Bad' Glory

Posted by Airsoft999 on 06 September 2005 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

Just called in to my TRU, and they got it, so I'm real happy. And by the way, I'm in the East, where Firefly's haven't gotten into stores yet. Not that it matters to me, but these should be in stores. I just want to see a good pic of the crossfire.

#62653 My New Brother

Posted by Airsoft999 on 28 August 2005 - 01:09 PM in Off Topic

My new brother was born earlier today and I'm so happy cause I also have twin brothers. And in a couple of years we can have 2 on 2 whenever! But the most important part of the post is that my baby brother is born.

So you must be young to believe that your brother can nerf with you eventually when he is older and you are still living at your home.

#62385 I'm Back From Outer Space

Posted by Airsoft999 on 22 August 2005 - 09:23 AM in Off Topic

I actually find, that sliding stock airzone arrows over a stock nf barrel, it will shoot a good 20 ft.

Yeah, um, how do you put an arrow over a stock NF barrel?

#59959 Firefly Out Online

Posted by Airsoft999 on 23 July 2005 - 10:13 AM in General Nerf

Weird that's the wrong paintjob...

#59875 Free Lg F9100 Plus Or Sony Ericsson S710 Phone + F

Posted by Airsoft999 on 22 July 2005 - 10:52 AM in Off Topic

Free deletion of account, spammer.

#59671 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by Airsoft999 on 19 July 2005 - 02:11 PM in Modifications

It attaches to the bottom of the titan.

No. It's physically impossible.

#59381 Soundtrack Suggestions Needed

Posted by Airsoft999 on 15 July 2005 - 10:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Rolling stones: Paint it black.

Already used it. I think it was the Gob version, though.

THe Halo 2 Mjolnir mix is pretty sweet. And Halfie: Carousel is Da Bomb with the two minute intro.

#59073 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by Airsoft999 on 11 July 2005 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

I have that exact gun. It is a very effective mod. You'll need a 12 inch tight barrel (17/32 brass for me) Pm me.

#58943 Firefly Released!

Posted by Airsoft999 on 09 July 2005 - 11:13 AM in General Nerf

I have held one in my hands and fired it, and I know that it owns. It's really good stock, same with dart tag. I dunno about modding, you'd have to cut out a lot of the case where the turret comes out, if you look at the pictures. Though the Hasbro people said late summer/early autumn before it was out. But that could have just been me. I think other people could back me up on that.

TS

Where did you get to try it? Yeah they said late summer/early fall.

I think that it looks pretty sweet,even if it sucks I think I will pick on eups just cause of the looks. If I dont like it it looks like it would be big enough to intagrate something good in it.

Hasbro went to check out one of their nerf wars.

Don't worry, Tidge, we love you. :(

#58874 Firefly Released!

Posted by Airsoft999 on 08 July 2005 - 10:53 AM in General Nerf

Well this is in Times Square, dunno if its in real TRU's yet. It was 20 bucks.

#58872 Firefly Released!

Posted by Airsoft999 on 08 July 2005 - 10:44 AM in General Nerf

So I was in New York City visiting some relatives, and I went to the Times Square TRU, and there it was, the Firefly. I didn't have any money on me, but I'll be going back tomorrow to pick up a shitload, editing this topic later.

#56419 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by Airsoft999 on 02 June 2005 - 08:51 PM in General Nerf

Heh, thanks.

#56284 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by Airsoft999 on 01 June 2005 - 03:39 PM in General Nerf

The X-Bow should look a little cleaner once I get that splotch of blue paint off of the side. The stefans are made from stock foam- my cousin had a bunch of stock darts that didn't have a suction on them, so I made them stefanish. I put a straw in if for reinforcement, then put a weight in it, and topped it off with some glitter glue found at Michael's. The plain glue didn't look as good with the orange foam. They performed a bit better than my normal stafans, since I established a similar fit, but the foam is (in my opinion) a little higher quality, and the hole allows for a larger surface area thus resulting in more power.

#56192 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by Airsoft999 on 31 May 2005 - 08:55 PM in General Nerf

Umm... so the chain fed NF just has some barrels duct taped together for breech loading?

#56172 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by Airsoft999 on 31 May 2005 - 07:12 PM in General Nerf

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I got a little sloppy on the paintjob near the end, touching it up this weekend.

#53559 Know What This Gun Is?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 26 April 2005 - 04:28 PM in General Nerf

Hmmm?

#53390 Secret Shot Mod²

Posted by Airsoft999 on 24 April 2005 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

That's a nice mod, and it's very clean. Well done. Does it shoot both darts at the same time, or can you switch between the two barrels? That would be schweet.

Well the ammo-holder is clicked either up or sideways, allowing that certain barrel to shoot (as you probably know) but I think you can have it half-and-half, but it would be weak.

#52965 Good News, Bad News

Posted by Airsoft999 on 20 April 2005 - 12:13 PM in General Nerf

AT3k's still being sold, buddy. I'm not sure that Hasbro would make a re-release of it. They don't really have anything to improve on it either (I would like it to fit my hands better though.) If they did, it could be nice, but I don't see that for a while.

~Ringsy

Rereleases don't improve performance- just a new paint job sometimes. Also, Captain knows that the AT3K was rereleased- he means there will be other big rereleases, too.

#52889 Good News, Bad News

Posted by Airsoft999 on 19 April 2005 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

I swear I'll clean my local store completely of BBB's.

#51473 Favorite Band

Posted by Airsoft999 on 03 April 2005 - 01:36 PM in Off Topic

Blink 182. Go ahead, laugh and say how my music taste sucks. I like their music, and Travis Barker rocks your face off. Besides, music debates are worthless, because in the end, everyone's music taste sucks.

High-five.
"Dammit", "Carousel", "Dick Lips", and "Stay Together for the Kids" are my personal favorites.

#51130 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by Airsoft999 on 30 March 2005 - 12:14 PM in General Nerf

But it won't be cool. I'll probably single-barrel the gun, then add a M4 grip to the barrel extension for a foregrip.

#51065 Big Bad Bow

Posted by Airsoft999 on 29 March 2005 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

Well, there are many possible mods. NOTE: All barrel materials mentioned are sold in different increments, but any barrel I mention, you'll want to buy with a 1/2" measurement, unless mentioned differently.

1.) Find a suitable barrel- you'll want about ten inches of whatever you need. If you are using stock micros, or mega stefans, use SCH40 PVC (found in most hardware stores) If you use micro stefans, use PETG, CPVC, SCH80 PVC, copper, or brass. If you use brass, nest 3.5 inches of 17/32" in 10 inches on 9/16" brass. Then, cut down/hollow out the barrel, and glue/stick your barrel onto the stub or push it into the original barrel. Then make sure it is airtight. Use a ramrod to load the dart.

2.) Cut down all but 1/2"-1" of the original barrel. Wrap the stub in tape, until a coupler fits snug on it. The coupler should be glued on airtight. Make sure the coupler fits the barrel material you choose to use, i.e. copper coupler for copper, PVC coupler for all PVC and brass, and CPVC coupler for CPVC. The barrel you choose to use should be the same as what I mentioned in mod 1. However, don't glue the barrel into the coupler- you WANT the barrel to be removable to increase ROF. To reload, take the barrel out of the coupler, and push the dart into the back of the barrel, and then put the barrel back in.
** For brass and a PVC coupler, put the brass inide some PVC so the PVC fits in the couper. Brass does not fit in a coupler by itself.

3.) Cut down the barrel like in mod 2. This mod is only for if you are using micro stefans or stock micros. Then, insert a hollowed out crayola marker in the stub for stock micros, or 4 inches of 17/32" brass in the stub for micro stefans. Make it airtight. Then glue a PVC coupler around the brass. Then make a barrel extension out of 10 inches of SCH40 PVC (stock micros) or 10 inches of 9/16" brass inside 6 inches of SCH40 PVC. To load, push your dart into the smaller constricted barrel (the marker) and then slide the barrel extension over the crayola or 17/32" brass and into the coupler.

4.) Make a breech, as shown in Zero's breech design in the Homemades section of this site.

I'd not recommend no. 1 for its slow reload, but the other three are all good choices. Pictures and more thorough directions can be found by searching around the forums and on Google. You can PM me if you have any more questions.

#51014 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by Airsoft999 on 29 March 2005 - 01:07 PM in General Nerf

I just feel it may be hard to hold, with no foregrip and all.

#51000 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by Airsoft999 on 29 March 2005 - 10:53 AM in General Nerf

Just from the looks of the picture, and my rough estimates, the plunger looks to be about the size of a NF plunger, maybe a bit smaller, so I'd gusee about 65 feet flat singled, and 45 feet flat multi-barrelled. Not that good, but I'll use it for the great feel that I see in the pic. Like a Double Shot; it sucks, it looks really hard to mod, but I love it.

EDIT:

I am not anxious to get excited over either of the guns, because of the bust that the Mav was.

First, you don't care about looks? I'd buy a sucky gun if it was cool. Also, the FireFly has the old plunger system, not the one the Maverick had, so you can expect better performance, i think, because the old plunger system allowed a larger plunger tube per unit space.

#50497 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by Airsoft999 on 25 March 2005 - 11:52 AM in General Nerf

I'm thinking Airjet Power Plus because it is the only line that really makes sense to be rereleased. PC's and SF's baby!

#50443 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by Airsoft999 on 24 March 2005 - 04:58 PM in General Nerf

First off, the Firefly is just flat out cool. I have a feeling it's going to be a gun thats single barreled because the turret is being held in so it blocks the bottom barrels kinda like the maverick, so you're not going to be able to do much with barrel replacements. Hersh really liked that idea, and being that he's smaller in stature, it fit him better then the crossbow. I'd make a bet that single barreled it will shoot better then the Nitefinder.

When you say it shoots better than a NithFinder, I hope it shoots a LOT better than a NiteFinder. I gun as kewl as you describe it should be rather strong. I wonder how big the plunger tube is?

#50381 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by Airsoft999 on 23 March 2005 - 05:05 PM in General Nerf

Hmm... so the rerelease is going to be sweet, eh? Well, there will be no BBB, A-Storm, or any other arrow-shooting gun rerelease, for they lost the patent. So my best guesses are:

Powerclip
SuperMaxx 1500
Super Maxx 750
SuperTech Rerelease- I hope
SuperMaxx 5000

#50380 Verry Verry Strange

Posted by Airsoft999 on 23 March 2005 - 04:59 PM in General Nerf

The new nite finders ammo is regular micros and the old ones used airjets. The old ones won't fire because they are to fat. You need to drill the air restrictors out to get them to fire.

EDIT; Please use black letters, your killing my eyes

Actually, some old NF ammo was thinner than others... I have about 9 darts that do work in my ner NF, and about 9 that don't.

#49671 Just In: Lanard Speedloader.

Posted by Airsoft999 on 15 March 2005 - 01:59 PM in General Nerf

Do you have the link- I'm interested in what it looks like.

#49655 Just In: Lanard Speedloader.

Posted by Airsoft999 on 15 March 2005 - 11:29 AM in General Nerf

Where did you get it?

#49652 Just In: Lanard Speedloader.

Posted by Airsoft999 on 15 March 2005 - 11:10 AM in General Nerf

That's cool. I just want to see what the gun actually looks like, though.

#49647 Just In: Lanard Speedloader.

Posted by Airsoft999 on 15 March 2005 - 10:18 AM in General Nerf

Damn, I gotta see a pic of this.

#49452 The Ultimate Nite Finder

Posted by Airsoft999 on 12 March 2005 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

I think I'm going to do that mod to my lock 'n Load. That's one of the greatest ideas I've ever seen! I must give you props for you and your genious friend who gave you that idea. Awesome.

Geez...

#49450 I Just Wet Myself

Posted by Airsoft999 on 12 March 2005 - 07:37 PM in General Nerf

Just watch the animations, and look at the box for the rifle- when cocked, the lever on the rifle only seems to have extended no more than 3.5 inches- I'm looking at it proportionally... It'll be hard to get phenominal range with a 3 inch plunger- sure, the NF has one, but the rifle will lose air from shot to shot. I agree with Shindig; I just hope Hasbro sees the guns, and makes a more reliable clip fed, rapid fire rifle. That has a larger plunger equaling actual riflesque range.

#48376 Sm 500 Mod

Posted by Airsoft999 on 01 March 2005 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

I would recommend raping your darts in tape.

I'd rather not. Monkey's right- brass and stefans should get more range.

#47956 Greetings From Germany ;)

Posted by Airsoft999 on 24 February 2005 - 05:56 PM in General Nerf

cxwg

Ah, you'll get the hang of it eventually. Welcome.

If you plan on modifying it to put on da hurt- AT3000
For plain ol' fun and games- get the Maverick. Just don't open it up. The little orange piece may get you to cry once you understand more about nerf.