Banshee's Content

There have been 572 items by Banshee (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#125430 My Rapid Fire 20 Sucks!

Posted by Banshee on 08 October 2007 - 11:39 AM in Modifications

Lucky you...

#125429 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Banshee on 08 October 2007 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

What do you shoot? Fun Noodles?

#125367 My Rapid Fire 20 Sucks!

Posted by Banshee on 07 October 2007 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

yeah.... But I lost the receipt and i couldn't find it when i wanted to return it, so i took out my hacksaw...

#125343 My Rapid Fire 20 Sucks!

Posted by Banshee on 07 October 2007 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

I bought a rapid fire 20 last year cuz I thought it would be a sick addition to my arsenal. Right of of the box, I was not impressed. The rapid fire mode didn't work at all. It would fire one round and the white piece of plastic that turns the turret to the next round doesn't go back far enough to catch a new notch before the gun fires again. So all It does is shake all over the place and make a lot of noise. The single fire mode works though. But i can't hold down the trigger because it does the exact same thing the rapid fire mode did. So now I have to pull trigger hold it long enough for it to fire and quickly let go so it doesn't dry fire. and by doing that i can only fire of about 11 rounds before I'm out of air. So I decided the least I could do is open it up and plug that stupid pressure release valve. But OH NO!!! I can't get the freaking gun open! the stupid black fin on top wont freaking open up, it's even hack saw proof. plus half of my screws are stripped! So now I have this crap machine gun with saw marks on it, stripped screws, 20 extra darts, and its less practical than my maverick. And I'm 25 dollars short because of it.

Someone tell me there is a way to make this thing fire normally, PLEASE!!!

#125287 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Banshee on 06 October 2007 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

I would have to say if you're going to put in a new spring of any sort into the maverick, you'll need to reinforce the cocking pin. Everyone knows how fragile the little sucker is. I recommend as a mod and a repair, take a 2 inch x 1/8th inch bolt, drill holes in the 2 places where the stock pin is and drive the bolt strait through and out the other side of the cocker. tighten the nut on and hack the extra bolt off the new pin. Then you'll be able to put a much stronger spring in with no worries!!!

#125285 Nitefinder Cocking Slide Ii

Posted by Banshee on 06 October 2007 - 11:48 PM in Modifications

Huh... It seems a little impractical to be completely honest with you. Maybe it's better for you, but I honestly think it would be easier to just pull the stock cocker arm. But hey, its your mod and I respect that you did it and it actually works. Well done!

#125284 Sorry To Bring Up The Maverick Mod Again, Help

Posted by Banshee on 06 October 2007 - 11:44 PM in Modifications

WOAH! I never checked the year on that! I thought it was only like a month or so old, so I figured what the hey?! Man, I'm sorry, my bad!

#125253 Sorry To Bring Up The Maverick Mod Again, Help

Posted by Banshee on 06 October 2007 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

I don't know if it's way too late to reply to this, or why no one replied, but this is a easy fix. Take a mega dart or to and shove the end in the hole after you open up the turret, cut it short in the hole so you have a hollow piece of foam in the hole. take the bottom of the turret and quickly cover each ring with a bead of hot glue and put the 2 parts together before it all cools down. that will work and the ranges will be as good if not better than before.

#125241 Help With At 3000

Posted by Banshee on 06 October 2007 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

Is it the one in the plunger? If so the whole end of the plunger is lubricated and you probably had some grease in the valve when you filled it. The glue wont stick to the grease at all. Take a q-tip and clean it out well, then try again. You could put some tape over the hole afterwards for safe measures.

#125230 Maverick Turret Romval?

Posted by Banshee on 06 October 2007 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

Well I have a huge indoor battle at my brothers college next week so the maverick is perfect for close range rapid fire (I would use my RF20, but it broke). I have 2 nite finders, and airtech 2000 and that funky little dart tag thing, I forgot what its called, but all me other guns broke in boxing when I moved houses so thats all I have for now. So I'm using my mav as a sidearm, might as well get the best out of it.

#125223 Maverick Turret Romval?

Posted by Banshee on 06 October 2007 - 04:20 PM in Modifications

Yeah, the range went from like 30' down to 25'. Not very much at all, but considering that the gun has crappy ranges to begin with, it didn't make me happy. And I nerf quite a bit, but I've been through like 3 mavericks cuz they all broke from over modding and abuse, so I'm a little hesitant because i'm running out of good guns...

#125216 Maverick Turret Romval?

Posted by Banshee on 06 October 2007 - 04:01 PM in Modifications

Okay, I have a quick question about the mav turret mod. i did the removable turret mod on my old maverick like 8 months ago and it decreased its accuracy and slightly hurt its top ranges. But I have 3 barrels from old guns and a brand new Maverick. So I'm wondering if the performance issues happen to everyones mavs or if i'm just an idiot. i followed the mod to the T and it worked great, but i don't want to blow out my new gun for it to do it again.

Are these issues avoidable? If so, I'd very much like to know how to at least keep my accuracy.

Thanks,
Banshee