raw shrimp's Content

There have been 138 items by raw shrimp (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#116044 Longshot Help

Posted by raw shrimp on 16 July 2007 - 08:39 PM in Modifications

I recently purchased a lonshot and whenever i use it, the stock goes back from being in the extended form.

I was just wondering if this happens to any one else, and if there was any way to fix it.

#116048 Longshot Help

Posted by raw shrimp on 16 July 2007 - 08:46 PM in Modifications

I don't know much about LongShots, but I would suggest that you lock the stock in place using the bottom on the side of the stock... How old are you, new [raw] Shrimp?

Im 14. I just joined a little while ago.

But even with the stock button is in lock, after you shoot about a clip, it goes back into the default mode.

#116963 Nite Finder Copper Barrel

Posted by raw shrimp on 24 July 2007 - 12:33 AM in Modifications

For the nite finder, instead of replacing the barrel with brass, petg, or pcv, could i use copper for the same effect? Because copper ws the only thing i could get a hold of, and it doesn't seem to work.

#116966 Nite Finder Copper Barrel

Posted by raw shrimp on 24 July 2007 - 12:45 AM in Modifications

I heard that 1/2" copper is too big for Micros and too small to fit Megas. Just buy some PETG from OMC.

OMC?

#117070 Nite Finder Copper Barrel

Posted by raw shrimp on 24 July 2007 - 11:38 PM in Modifications

Trust me don't get Brass. It doesn't work as well as using 1/2 inch CPVC. I did a CPVC coupler mod on mine and it gets about 65-70". Another reason why you shouldn't get the Brass and get the CPVC is cause the Brass is like 7 bucks while the CPVC is only like 2 bucks.

Is there a difference between CPVC and PVC? I tried using PVC but it wouldn't fit in to the Nitefinder when i put it together.

#117973 Air Restictors

Posted by raw shrimp on 02 August 2007 - 01:53 AM in Modifications

When i take the air restictors out of a gun, when i shoot it sound really bad. Like its hitting somethimg teally hard. Does this happen to anyone else? Or is it the air going out faster?

#117976 Air Restictors

Posted by raw shrimp on 02 August 2007 - 03:24 AM in Modifications

First of all, the little spring-loaded air restrictors primary purpose is to slow a piston down after there is no resistance (when a dart has left the barrel, or when you are dry firing) so if it's make a REALLY loud sound whenever you fire, like, the same sound it makes with no dart, your barrel is probably too loose.

Second, (and contradictory to my first point, I know) all guns without air restrictors should NEVER be dry fired (fired without a dart) because you will just be slamming the piston against its stop. I don't know what gun you're refering to, but some have fairly delicate pistons, that, unless you've reinforced, can break if you do that too many times. Same goes for having an improperly sized barrel...you need enough barrel friction to hold a dart in place until maximum pressure has built up. If the dart pops out after the piston has only traveled an inch or two, the head is just going to freely slam that extra distance once the resistance is gone.

But yes, guns without restrictors sound like they're trying to kill themselves.

Ok thanks. The gun i used was the firefly. I did renagades mod. I didn't know if i did somrthing wrong, or something snapped.

#121568 Target Nerf Guns

Posted by raw shrimp on 29 August 2007 - 08:32 PM in Off Topic

My local Target Is selling BBBs but its some kind of special. Is any one else's target doing that?

#122164 Irvine High

Posted by raw shrimp on 05 September 2007 - 03:51 PM in Off Topic

I realized the other day that a lot of wars are held in Irvine. I just started to mod. I just wanted to know if anyone lives in Irvine, and are going to Irvine High.

#122933 Zombie Games.

Posted by raw shrimp on 13 September 2007 - 10:10 PM in General Nerf

WOW. It must be so fun to go days on end, just playing that. That seems extremly fun and entertaining. I wish I actaully knew people that nerf now.

#123476 The Verge Of Insanity: Postponed

Posted by raw shrimp on 18 September 2007 - 10:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll see if I can let my mom let me go. Let alone get a ride there....

#127088 Socal Wildfire Help

Posted by raw shrimp on 23 October 2007 - 09:26 PM in Off Topic

I live right next to one of the fires. It sucks with all this heat and ash in the air.

#128429 Stock Streamlines

Posted by raw shrimp on 03 November 2007 - 01:46 PM in General Nerf

Ok so, When ever i fire my stock streamlines, they fishtail or swerve off to the side. I know its cause of the hole on the side. Is there any way to make the gun more acurate with stock streamlines? Or is there any way to make the dart not swerve to the side?

#128835 Music

Posted by raw shrimp on 06 November 2007 - 06:45 PM in Off Topic

Punk Ska and Rancid. They get there own music genre.

#129011 Magstrike Ar

Posted by raw shrimp on 07 November 2007 - 09:23 PM in General Nerf

I just got a magstrike the other day. It didnt have that good ranges, so i tried to remove the ARs. I took a screw driver and forced them out. Everything is flush with the walls. Now when i use the clip that I think has the ARs removed it shoots a little less than the one with the Ars. (When i AR i mean the crosses and pegs in the back of the clip.)

#129049 Magstrike Ar

Posted by raw shrimp on 08 November 2007 - 12:10 AM in General Nerf

Or for a quick fix just drill out the ARs through the holes at back of the clip.

That's essentially what he did prior to posting.

Except I hammered mine out

#129174 Magstrike Ar

Posted by raw shrimp on 08 November 2007 - 10:24 PM in General Nerf

Or for a quick fix just drill out the ARs through the holes at back of the clip.

That's essentially what he did prior to posting.

Then how did he lose range? I drilled mine out and it gets around 3-5 feet more than stock.

Thats why I'm asking.

#130646 Stock Streamlines = Major Range

Posted by raw shrimp on 25 November 2007 - 04:25 PM in General Nerf

You can make the streamlines a little more accurate if you just cut the empty plastic dome on the top of them. I did it to mine and they work alot better.

#130766 Runescape?

Posted by raw shrimp on 26 November 2007 - 11:46 PM in Off Topic

I just go back in to it,

Level 46
total lvl 4something...
1.Fishing
2.cooking
I'm still a total noob though.

#131539 Barnett Crossbow

Posted by raw shrimp on 06 December 2007 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

I was looking for a crossbow when i stumbled across this,

http://www.outdoorsu...asp?prod=456386

I know it doesnt shoot nerf darts but i wanted to know if someone has expeience with it. It seems like someone could make it shoot nerf darts. I just wanted to collect information to see if i might get one.

#132121 Lilith, The Nerf Crossbow

Posted by raw shrimp on 11 December 2007 - 10:18 PM in Modifications

Thats a nice red, what kind of paint did you use?

not that it matters but I play alto sax in my schools marching band.

#132703 Nerf Recon In Hand. I Have Zee Pics.

Posted by raw shrimp on 16 December 2007 - 05:52 PM in General Nerf

How long ago did you buy it? I went to that same target and they said that they didn't know what it was or have it in stock.

#132708 Nerf Recon In Hand. I Have Zee Pics.

Posted by raw shrimp on 16 December 2007 - 06:35 PM in General Nerf

Yea thats what I meant, they looked and they just didn't carry them.

#136217 February Yano

Posted by raw shrimp on 17 January 2008 - 12:31 AM in Nerf Wars

As long as it's the weekend, i can go.

#139055 Titan-mav

Posted by raw shrimp on 06 February 2008 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

Isn't it kind of unwieldy-ish?
If you try to hold the mav like a pistol does it lean forward in the front? Or will it break?
And lastly, is it useful? Could you sucessfully use it?

Sorry for so many questions...

#139268 February Yano

Posted by raw shrimp on 08 February 2008 - 12:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Fuck, I can't go. The person who was supposed to be coming with me crapped out.

#139277 Knex Gun Site Looking For Tips

Posted by raw shrimp on 08 February 2008 - 01:12 AM in General Nerf

I don't know if this helps or not, but I started modding because I read the DO NOT MODIFY DART OR DART BLASTER warning on a nerf gun. Then I googled it and then I found my self here. So tell k'nex to put a warning label to not make them into weapons.

#140069 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by raw shrimp on 13 February 2008 - 09:13 PM in General Nerf

A super maxx 3000 new style. I thought I was so cool when i got it for my birthday. I was like 8.

#142217 War In The Oc: Nano (april)

Posted by raw shrimp on 23 February 2008 - 02:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I am definitly going to that. All those places are like a twenty minute drive from where I live.

#144528 Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Posted by raw shrimp on 09 March 2008 - 11:30 PM in Off Topic

I was one of like the first 10 people to get it at my local gamestop. I stayed up with my friend and didn't stop playing till six in the morning.

#145165 I Need Some Serious Opinions

Posted by raw shrimp on 14 March 2008 - 10:25 PM in Off Topic

That would be friggin awesome.

#145629 Longshot Clip Problem

Posted by raw shrimp on 17 March 2008 - 11:15 PM in Modifications

I think that same thing happened to me. when you took out the ARs did you cut open the breech?

#145632 Longshot Clip Problem

Posted by raw shrimp on 17 March 2008 - 11:25 PM in Modifications

That was my next guess.

#145742 Interesting Question

Posted by raw shrimp on 18 March 2008 - 10:03 PM in Off Topic

Thats a really big coincedence. Today at school my friends And i were arguing over if a blind person could wrestle, and win a match. evryone said no, except two other people and I. And to answer your question, I agree with doubleshot. Everyone does have an imagination.

#145752 Interesting Question

Posted by raw shrimp on 18 March 2008 - 11:48 PM in Off Topic

Even if they were blind their entire lives, they might feel dreams. I don't know, maybe they can feel happy in the dream and what not.

#146002 Bbb Coupler'd Pvc Barrel And A Spring Shortener Or Something

Posted by raw shrimp on 20 March 2008 - 06:02 PM in Modifications

Wait, you took off the end of the little sight thingy, and put it in the plunger, and etaped on a coupler? You don't get 100 feet anyways. My BBB with a upgraded spring, great seal, better airflow, and a decent barrel, gets 90 feet at the highest angled. Heck I barely get 70 flat.

Ditto. It could have been the spring shortener idea.

#146030 What Nerf Guns Could Be The Crossbows Of The Future?

Posted by raw shrimp on 20 March 2008 - 08:20 PM in General Nerf

The recon has no TV advertisements, and I haven't heard of it in any magazines. No publicity, a product needs some advertising for people to know about it, the word catch on, and for it to be worth the product costs.

Actually, I saw a commercial with the recon in it. It was for the general n-strike tatical rail or something. It wasn't directed towrd the longshot though.

....thats the second time I quoted you today :)

#147126 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by raw shrimp on 26 March 2008 - 04:47 PM in General Nerf

5) You know how you watch that cop movie with your friends.

Key word here.
MOVIES DON'T MATCH REAL LIFE.

WHAT!?!?!?!?

#147160 Question About Barrels

Posted by raw shrimp on 26 March 2008 - 07:49 PM in Modifications

I think that you should try a nite mav. I would probably get better ranges. As for the barrel thing, you could try having a barell glued on to the plunger, then add a coupler to end of it, where the dart would come out. That way you could add a longer barrel and take it off if you need to.

#147178 Question About Barrels

Posted by raw shrimp on 26 March 2008 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

You dont have to reload until you fire off all 6 shots. It still uses the rotation mech.

that's the whole point of it! to use that to increase the rate of fire which I think is better than using a nightfinder....
Oh if it helps, I'm basicly trying to improve (CAP)_Blue_Beret's maverick modd in my own way....

but you dont have to reload until after 6 shots... unlike what you posted

plus using a Night mave would mean having to load a dart in after every shot

I think he meant he would have to if he used my idea.