Lynx's Content

There have been 925 items by Lynx (Search limited from 15-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#251728 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 26 September 2009 - 03:07 PM in Nerf Wars

BLATANT ADVERTISEMENT: 1.75 to 2 inch high quality, dense(ish) darts for .05 a piece! ($1=20)

Ahem... Anyways...

I definitely have 2, maybe 3 guests. A loaner primary and pistol are necessary.

I wouldn't worry about the weather. If you don't like the weather in Columbus, wait 5 minutes, it'll change.

PV: Are you dissing pistol use? My babies and I will sue shoot your ass!

#251626 Converting A Bbb In An Air-chamber "bow"

Posted by Lynx on 25 September 2009 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

Cosmetics: Cut off the top sight and your good.

Internals/Actual Mods: Crayolas aren't recommended and you can kill more dead space.

When starting a project, its best to have a finished project clearly in mind or on paper. Then, before you make any cuts, make sure it will all fit. Finally, after it didn't work, hotglue that shit (epoxy putty is also acceptable).

#251306 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 22 September 2009 - 05:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Le sigh. It's the one at the bottom of the page. Entitled Fall Whetstone War. Its a fall war at whetstone park.

However, I will be hosting a December 19th war at the wooden fort/castle place mentioned. It is called Wycliffe Progressive School and last December, we had a pretty awesome war there. Plenty of ice/snow, a smaller area and poor dart/barrel seals makes Nerfing hella more fun.

#251270 Triple Nightfinder Help

Posted by Lynx on 22 September 2009 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

Your seals are bad. Either o ring or the barrel. Streamlines suck ass, the o ring looks like its too small, the plunger head looks crooked and the barrel is 9/16ths, which may or may not be right for your streamlines.

#251144 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 21 September 2009 - 11:03 AM in Nerf Wars

NOOOO MINSC!

Oh well, Coop, I found my old and abused original 2k pump and will use that one. So we won't need a pistol duel over it (which I would win (Revolver/1st gen)).

So, no one wants stefans... Grrrrreaaaat... Only 5 cents a piece. A buck for 20. I will have them in 20 packs at the war. You know, 2 inch overweighted darts great for pistols and primaries...

#250854 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 19 September 2009 - 01:03 PM in Nerf Wars

If you want darts, you will want to tell me soon... I *do* need heads up on this...

EDIT: Coop, I doubt that will be an issue since you were the only one with white foam at the last wars...

#250650 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 16 September 2009 - 07:36 PM in Nerf Wars

YAY! THE WAR IS COMING UP! So, stefans will be created for those wishing to purchase them. I don't want to make much money, I can guarantee some good shit, and I have plenty of time to burn (my hands).

People who want stefans:

To get darts made: PM me, I will pm you back a price (post calculations), and I will wait for confirmation/conformation and my quite agreeable price. You will pay me cash at the war:

To get darts: I will deliver at the war and only at the war and I am only taking cash.

About the darts:
  • I use ACE 1/2inch foam and use a blow-dryer to straighten them,
  • use more than necessary weight (2 or 3 bb's based on length/whats asked),
  • since I slightly overweight my darts, my darts fly surprisingly true for micros. TT can testify to this and so can those who liked my darts at the last 2 to 3 wars.
  • they will be guaranteed to be consistent with length (within reason),
  • they will be guaranteed to to have a nice dome since I use a small block of ice and my fingers to shape each dome (I have never fielded a jackass darts and inspect each one to make sure there is no glue on the sides and that the weights are covered),
  • and I CAN GUARANTEE YOU CAN HIT ME WITH THEM! (with my TBO NF) (That's for you BadWrench)
  • Finally, the BS: Please realize that the darts will be infused with Third Eye Blind songs, Rage Against the Machine and some My Bloody Valentine.
Nota Bene: Since Travis Touchdown (TT) is a real person now, my official listing should probably be something like Lynx + 1-2?. TT's should be TT.

#250339 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 13 September 2009 - 06:49 PM in Nerf Wars

What are the mods on that Raider w/drum clip Prince Valor?

It's pretty clear. If/when people do show up, they will just go to a bench that's not in the way. There will be some traffic, but not that much. Plus, there is enough space to slide around. It wasn't a problem for a smaller 8-10 person war and I doubt it will be a problem for a 16 ish person war.

Dog9, the code of conduct was made for a reason dude. Shape up before the mods find you.

Finally: I will actually be there early so I can designate the set-up area. I just was there today so I think I have a good idea...

#250324 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 13 September 2009 - 04:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, its easier to know what people want to do. Its easier to say this in thread: "I want to do 2 bucket DtC, CtF, Team Elim/DM and zombie 3some (all with/without pistols)." Than it is to argue/waste time.

Plus, I present pictures. Scroll down to see them. The first pic of the tower is the playground. Its not that big, but its great for Assault and will probably be taken thanks to kiddies. However, the main area (2-8ish) is long enough for us not to have any problems, especially since we will get there early (9 ish).

So, yeah. The place is fun and it will be good. My 1st gen/Rev/TBO are all ready (and I have a turreted 2k for a guest).

I will have a guest that will need one loaner primary. As long as its decent, my guy will like it...

#250263 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 12 September 2009 - 10:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Updates: Pics up tomorrow. I will be bugging Ace like crazy so my darts won't appear to be death darts. You just lost the game (and so did our Buckeyes).

I want to be taskmaster (I have the whips/chains). What would help this is people posting what they want as game types. Also, a DtC bucket or 2 would be a help for the type of field we have. Barriers for a defense type game would be cool, too.

This should be a good war... I wonder if NerfMonkey will actually show up to any C-bus wars.

Also, I'm planning on getting the Winter War (at Wycliffe) ready. Defense of the Winter Fortress anyone? No zombies allowed. Any zombies seen will be shot on sight.

#250138 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 11 September 2009 - 03:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Do you have pictures? And does the "wooded" area have grass on the ground or dirt and sticks on the ground (like woods)? I don't think dirt and sticks would be friendly to dart sweeps or our ankles.

I'm up for either though, it would be nice to try out another area. Anyone else have a preference?

EDIT: Lynx, you didn't say if you could go... Can you?

Ground, like the place we play in Colerain (but NOT Colerain).

Address: Whetstone Park of Roses - 3923 North High St, Columbus, OH

Picture Post

Anyways, I can have more pics up by tomorrow. It's nice, we won't be run out by peoples and its NOT COLERAIN!

EDIT: And why do I keep forgetting this: Lynx + TravisTouchdown, 2-3?

#250026 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 09 September 2009 - 07:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh, motherfucker. I guess I deserved it, and I apologize from my absence. 3/4 hard courses and "issues" makes life a bitch.

Can I request we move the war to Whetstone? It is nice to play somewhere else after 3 wars of Colerain and it is a good location since Columbus Nerf has mega penises ranges. It is wooded (like the woods at Colerain), but it has elevation/depressions (not much), clearings (not obscene), and I re-emphasize, ITS NOT COLERAIN (lets not play there till 2010)!

EDIT: You all can shoot me at the war, I PROMISE.

#249494 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Lynx on 03 September 2009 - 03:37 PM in Off Topic

Props, it works and so does my 360 now:

Gamertag: Lynx1992:

StreetFighter 4 (I play as Ken/Ryu/Sagat
Star Wars: BattleFront
SW:KotOR

#249106 What Are Up With My Nf's Ranges?

Posted by Lynx on 30 August 2009 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

Pro-tip: Use the stock o-ring with 2-3 layers of e-tape below it.

Proven, extremely effective, easy. A second equal size o-ring would help.

#249104 Improving The Streamline

Posted by Lynx on 30 August 2009 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

Yawn. Been done before. Get the fuck back on topic.

What is the range difference? Why not use a BB? Did you prove that it wasn't worth it?

#249103 How Rare Is This Gun?

Posted by Lynx on 30 August 2009 - 03:10 PM in General Nerf

It all depends on your area. Fuck the rest of these noobs.

Bottom line: You will have to go and check your stores.

If you HAVE to give a nationwide stat is this: Fuck you out of ten. Because they are not made anymore and they may or may not be in your region.

#246910 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Lynx on 13 August 2009 - 04:05 PM in Modifications

Wes, looks like Maine's fucking rough.

Anyways, here's my 3k. Shoots about 80 max, 70+ consistently. It has pump plugged, the pump extended with a SuperSoaker XP310 pump, horribly aligned 9/16'ths barrels, the goo gauge drained and a few sticks of hot glue:

Posted Image

EDIT: I hate shutterfly now...

#246906 Paintball Barrel Inserts

Posted by Lynx on 13 August 2009 - 03:36 PM in Modifications

Geniuses, the 1/2" measurements for plumbing aren't actually 1/2 inch. The best way to find out is to go to a paintball store, asking to see one, and using a few darts for a blowgun/drop test.

#246904 Did I Screw My Self...

Posted by Lynx on 13 August 2009 - 03:26 PM in Modifications

Newbie, calm down before this becomes a flame war. Before you do any more posting, check your situation with the gun. You could have forgot a screw or something really easy.

Also, please check what what you say BEFORE you post. You could have easily seen that it's grammar and not "grammer". While we're on that subject, look at this: Code of Conduct.

Finally, CrazyIvan makes a great point. We can't help you out until you provide pictures.

EDIT: Mehku also raises a good point, it could have already been broken. Worst comes to worst, gut it, take out the batteries, snatch the darts and bring it back to the store.

#246415 Central Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 10 August 2009 - 11:50 AM in Nerf Wars

+Inventing Zombie Threesome, the sexiest game type yet!

Pretty much. The ending wasn't that great there.

+Great turnout. Not to mention 3 girls, which I thought was pretty unheard of, but a nice surprise.

2 chicks nerfed! I know, Effeminate. I feel bad for the boob hit on Lisa and going after Dez.

+Shooting Lynx and making him fall over and break hisself.

Wrist is sort of functional. Awesome shot which stopped my fail rush.

-Put your blaster up and don't pick up darts when hit and clearing. It was really confusing and I ended up shooting 3-4 people who were already out. Annoying for me, painful for them.

Its really easy to do that if your dead. Take a line to your spawn point/away from battle and as long as you're walking/moving towards your spawn point and look nonthreatening/playing, picking up darts is okay...I guess...

#246321 Central Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 09 August 2009 - 07:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I blame Lunx for any problems anyone had at this war.... who is in favor of my plan?

BadWrench, DBAFD.

We (PV and I) are settling this over pm's, just recap the war, post pictures or stop.

#246265 Central Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 09 August 2009 - 01:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Prince Valor, lets take this to pm's as to not start an open flame war.

Guys (ie, not you Andrew) I'm gonna try to let him know what he did wrong, just like he posted. If you have any concerns about his hosting, just pm me as to not start a flame war. Plus, I don't care if I get flamed back for telling him what he did wrong, even if that's what he wanted.

#246203 Central Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 08 August 2009 - 09:58 PM in Nerf Wars

EDIT: Sorry for the long post.

EDIT: Coop, you give it a day before you talk about the next war/hosts. (I call host next time, maybe not the same location.)

So yeah, it was a good war.

Oh, yeah, that quote was from me. I'm a question mark and awkward. It's what I do. Also, it was ghost and I was trying to get back into play.

Anyways here are the +'s and -'s:

+ Getting 2 newbies to show.
+ Them having fun and wanting to get guns.
- Having Will bitch at me for the first 5 rounds because I am the center of all his frustrations.
+ Him apologizing that day instead of...next week. I dunno man, you're weird.
+ Having my friends be good. Like, average nerfers, but not great or bad.
+ Having way to much fun with my 3 nf's: Revolver, 1st Gen and That Blue One.

+ Generally good day for a nerf war. I loved the weather in the morning, but it got sort of hot in the afternoon.
- Generally too much downtime. Part on Prince, part on waiting for people, part on the people.
- Feeling like I didn't nerf enough. Similar to how Guy Montag (451 by Bradbury) felt when he said, "We never burned right"

+ Team DeathMatch: Woods: Getting a decent amount of kills and causing havoc.
- TDM: Woods: Hitting Lisa? in the boob. My bad. My darts get grope-y on me, too.
+ TDM: Woods: Getting a ton of kills on the little dude in the Mets shirt, aka Carlos, aka Beltran, aka Mr 4 hole, aka dog9?.
+ TDM: Playground: Chillin' on the slide, getting 1-2 kills while up there. Shit was cool.
+ TDM: Playground: Cool rounds. Making rushes, going underneath the platforms, standard shit.
- TDM: Playground: Getting no cover and getting out early which was 1 of 2-3 times I went out that early.

+ Capture the Flag: Being sort of suicidal, countering a few rushes, initial taunting, standard shit.
+ CtF: Having Dez aim for my ass (I presented) and then shooting while I was bent over.
+ CtF: Having Dez support my double pistol cause. DP FOR THE WIN! (Wait, not like that)
+ CtF: Making explosions sounds on the other side post Hipponater posting up, just like he told me to.
+ CtF: Hippo getting hit with the flag. Me cleaning up the person who got him, then making a dead sprint back to base.
+ CtF: Doing a dead sprint, spiking the flag like a football, and then feeling dead (note dead sprint).

+ Zombie 3some: Cool game type. Fun and active. Playground worked well.
- Zombie 3some: Running around as the horde and being the last 1-2 left on a human team.

+ Defend the Core: Getting to play a lot of Defend the Core. Sweeping into the defense and charging for a lot of the time.
+ DtC: Bringing that stock Maverick's kill total to 15. 3 taps and 4 shots for the day.
+ DtC: Playing defense, standing in front of the bucket with Baddy's hat and being used as Coop's shield (my idea).
- DtC: Diving for the bucket, getting shot by minsc, then falling and fucking up my wrist.
+ DtC: Nina (I REMEMBERED YOUR NAME!) having an Ace wrap and giving my Tylenol. Kept me playing.

+ Lunch: Creepy guy on bike show up at Wendy's. I say guys, check out the creeper initially pointing to the bike dude, then BadWrench.
+ Lunch: Having all of the war, except 3 people, mobbing a Wendy's with a high dude on the register.

+ Ghost: Playground: Coming back and changing the tide of the round thanks to Nathan (one of my friends).
+ Ghost: Woods: Domination first couple of rounds and having fun.
- Ghost: Woods: Ridiculous rules post rule change. It doesn't make any sense. You just spawn when ever you get near your team. It was silly and I didn't like anything about it.

+ Ammo: Still having 100+ stefans post war (out of 500+). Yay to only making 300 for the next one! (ugh!)
- Ammo: Darts being so wide...(How wide ARE they?)... The darts were so wide, I had a hard time ramrodding them down and they didn't fit that well in my air gun's barrels (didn't slide down).

Kill totals (estimated):
AT2k: 0
1st gen: 3-4
That Blue One: 2-3
Revolver: 5-6
Stock Maverick: 7: 3 (2 taps) in DtC offensive sweep, 2 defensive around the buildings, 1 (tap) running Lisa down, 1 defensive tap on the left side.

#245604 Central Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 05 August 2009 - 01:05 PM in Nerf Wars

4 total coming from me.

By the way chop, next time, you *really* don't need to be a smart ass. All anyone on the forum wants is good grammar, punctuation and spelling. At this point, I look forward to running your ass down at the war.

Coop, thanks for the loaners. These guys aren't dumbasses. If they do anything wrong, it'll be accidental: dart stuck in the barrel and the like.

I'll make 30 loser darts for you. So you can kill me and my friends of course!

#245313 Central Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 03 August 2009 - 04:00 PM in Nerf Wars

chop, please fix your grammar.

Does anyone have a primary or 2 my guests could borrow? Also, I can make more stefans then necessary and sell them/give them to who ever is lending primaries.

#245126 Central Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 02 August 2009 - 02:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Prince Valor, just stop getting hit.

I can help with HvZ: Rule set I'll explain at the war. Plus, stefans are okay since you aren't losing, you're defending yourself. It's pro-Personal Defense Weapon (ie real life SMG's), not pro-head hunting (ie real life battle rifles (m14)).

Good news for me: I got 3 guests coming.

Bad news for me: I have 2-3 acceptable primaries. So a loaned 2k or 2 would be good.

P.S.: Minsc: Yes, you are a dumbass.

#243617 Central Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 24 July 2009 - 03:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I can't come on the 1st. Family vaca!

My friend (Will) and his big blast will be in attendance. It fucking hurts good. Plus, he has a good pump limit: 10.

2 more will probably come but will need assistance i.e. primaries.

Finally, I wish my old school ttg worked, but you all shall see a (working) 1st gen NF as it's replacement.

#242987 Central Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 21 July 2009 - 02:07 PM in Nerf Wars

1st: Lynx?

8th: Lynx + 1, 2-3?

On the topic of camping: The playground supports camping, group fire and pot shots. But for some reason, we like that. Plus, half of the time, I was standing out in the open with a NF lobbing shots and being shot at with a PAS/+Blow. I had fun. The other half, I was playing on the right side (facing the school). This involved climbing in, on and through things.

#242460 Central Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 17 July 2009 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

That's a lot of darts... I think that was one round of darts for Coop though. Shit never stopped coming from his PAS.

Guys, as I posted above, August 1st doesn't work for my potential 4 peeps (including me). I would be the only one with a possibility to come to August 1st so...

How does August 8th work for you guys? The same or better?

#241886 Central Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 14 July 2009 - 10:50 AM in Nerf Wars

I thought you wanted to have a different place.

I might not be able to go because of a vacation. More on that later.

For now, put "1 + Lynx?" up there.

#241769 Elhanw: Eh, Let's Have A Nerf War.

Posted by Lynx on 13 July 2009 - 06:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Summary: It rained, a lot. And fun was had anyways.

Also, my guest said I was loquacious and business like. If this offended you, please understand that normally I'm more chill and shit, but rain and people taking a while between rounds made me speed things along.

Finally, kill totals (estimate):

AT3k: 3
Revolver NF: 7
Brassed NF: 10 ish
Stock Maverick: 5

#241355 Elhanw: Eh, Let's Have A Nerf War.

Posted by Lynx on 10 July 2009 - 09:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Still have about 150+ blanks to make into stefans. On my bed. Because I'm crazy.

I got my shit ready to go. I'll be there at about 9:45. Let's have some fun!

#241234 Elhanw: Eh, Let's Have A Nerf War.

Posted by Lynx on 10 July 2009 - 03:23 AM in Nerf Wars

pmed the whole maybe list. My bad chop.

Anyways, I have my stefan making date tomorrow! and a breeched sm1.5k to make...

#240548 Elhanw: Eh, Let's Have A Nerf War.

Posted by Lynx on 06 July 2009 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Updated.

First off, because of the bunch of maybes, I will pm people who do not respond by Wednesday.

Also, Titans/Big Blasts/SM5k's will be tested on you before used in game.

Finally, I will be making my first stefans...on Friday...wish me luck...

P.S. I know, no jackass darts.

#239404 Elhanw: Eh, Let's Have A Nerf War.

Posted by Lynx on 30 June 2009 - 11:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Updated.

I will ask for updates on the 5th and will send out pm's on July 6th to those who do not respond.

Also, I will need stefans... Buying from others/borrowing please!

#238422 Elhanw: Eh, Let's Have A Nerf War.

Posted by Lynx on 24 June 2009 - 04:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Just updated.

nerf mafia, good luck with that.

Hiiponater, just make sure your guys have plenty of +bows... Get them familiar with it and y'all will dominate...

Minsc, your getting shot with it before me. Full/mostly full pumps on bare skin. At that point, people will decide if they want to play with it. Just don't be a dick. (my moral law)

thaygor, a little late. You missed the planning thread and there are going to be plenty people at the war. It's not like your going THAT far. Plus, it's a week to recover. Just enjoy.

#238414 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by Lynx on 24 June 2009 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Instead of a pm to baddy and others might not getting this, I'd figure I 'd put this one HERE.

Eh, Lets Have A Nerf War, Columbus, Ohio, July 11th '09

#238103 Elhanw: Eh, Let's Have A Nerf War.

Posted by Lynx on 22 June 2009 - 10:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Time: Show up at 9:30 start at 10:00AM, lunch break at 12:00-1:00, and we end at tired.

Date: July 11th, 2009

Address: 499 E Weisheimer Rd. Columbus, OH 43214

RULES: Nerf War Ettiquette! Don't be a douchebag. If the strength of the weapon is considered to be excessive and you say it isn't, be prepared to be shot with your own weapon on your bare skin at (mostly) full draw/pumps at point blank. Bring plenty of stuff to use and a few loaners since it's fun to be shot with your own weapons/use others. It'll be hot: Bring water. Good news, a good amount (40+%) of the play area is covered by shade so we'll move to cooler spots as it gets hotter or whatever.

Location notes:
There is a Panera/Chipotle at High Street/E Dominion Blvd for food. Also, there is a Jersey Mikes a few blocks south on High St. and a Bob Evan's/Taco Bell/Qdoba Grill/SUBWAY about 2-4 minutes away to the north of High Street. If the location is taken/hated we can always go to Whetstone Park or the High School. An after war meeting at Chipotle could be nice... It might be less lonely this time

Play notes: We did this once, but we were unable to do a few things. There is still a lot of play time left in this place. We'll have plenty of fun, but, it IS a park, we might have to move around, but there are 3 good play areas.

Definites: About 16 showed.
Lynx + 1 showed
Coop + 2 showed
minsc showed
Hipponater + 2 showed
Googles + 2 showed
MrBadWench + 2? (pussied out, he posted below)
Prince Valor + 1 showed
Crom Strom + 2 showed

Maybes: Expecting zero to none.
bigred1rifleman
nerf mafia + yoda
chop
bobafan
thaygor

Link to my walkthrough images.

Link to the first ultra-wide pic with addresses.

Images were deleted due to imageshack being a bitch. My walkthrough images is pretty good at summarizing it.

#237750 Ohio War Planning Thread

Posted by Lynx on 21 June 2009 - 09:39 AM in Nerf Wars

I should probably confirm the 11th as a date and make a topic...

That'll happen tomorrow.

#237289 Ohio War Planning Thread

Posted by Lynx on 18 June 2009 - 09:47 PM in Nerf Wars

We'll wait and see if bpso86, NerfMonkey, jedijoe9 and others can come before we make decisions. We might have 2 wars on the same day. Columbus IS a lot more convenient for the mid-ohio/most out of state nerfers.

As you said, its a local war.

EDIT: If you are a guest and want to tell me that you want to come, just email me. Check my profile for the address.