Lynx's Content

There have been 925 items by Lynx (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#259628 Cyanide & Happiness

Posted by Lynx on 23 December 2009 - 05:55 AM in Off Topic

About the comic: Riveting tale, chap. I do say, it is funny since the purple lad does indeed stab his green shirted companion in the eye.

In case you all were wondering where this person (and me^) got his humor, the maker of Cyanide & Happiness is from /b/. That is why it isn't funny.

#259595 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 22 December 2009 - 07:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Whoops: Show up at 9:30 start at 10:00AM, lunch break at 12:00-1:00, and we end we are tired or frozen.

Prince Valor/group: Should I bring two containers for blanks/picked up darts or should we just deal with Coop being pissed off and people losing a shit ton of darts?

#259507 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 21 December 2009 - 08:04 PM in Nerf Wars

About to post, but already done.

Will be there with my 3k and quiver. Cold might freeze out a guest.

Everyone whould bring plenty of darts since, word on the street says, "Shit shatters in the cold when hitting trees and metal". And yes, my method of dart making does make them liable to break or shatter.

EDIT: Let's have a policy on broken darts. I find this to be acceptable:

I will bring 2 containers: One for complete darts, one for broken darts or blanks. Pick them all out and sort them.

#259061 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 15 December 2009 - 12:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I want to do a January 2nd war at colerain. I will attend.

How about you guys?

#258555 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 09 December 2009 - 11:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Might have one. Ask Travis Touchdown (Will).

Update: I didn't send out pm's since I am busy as hell and will be on a plane out of dodge in 6 hours. Also, the unvalidated DD2k will not be in attendance.

Please reread the first post.

#258172 Need A Volunteer For The Mod Directory

Posted by Lynx on 06 December 2009 - 04:11 PM in News

I vote for myself to become a moderator.

I'll pay you 5 dollars over paypal to withdraw that.

Wait, you don't want TED banned? I'm pretty sure that in itself is bannable!

Congrate Black Sunshine, you have plenty of work to do.

#258168 At2k Pump Test Thing With A Balloon

Posted by Lynx on 06 December 2009 - 03:54 PM in Modifications

As stated, goop works best.

But with your materials, get the hot glue as hot as possible, put in on the coupler and put the tubing on on top of that. Superglue it, then duct tape and e-tape it. The combination of the three lesser adhesives end up getting an okay one. Still not as good as goop.

#257990 Clothing

Posted by Lynx on 04 December 2009 - 12:47 PM in Off Topic

Aside from the douchy comments twas pretty cool.

I, personally, wear too many layers, then customize as needed. 2 hoodies, a windbreaker, a thermal long sleeve T and underarmor work fine for a skinny runner like me. I go with pj's and (too big for me) khakis on the bottom. It ends up fitting and being warm.

Other things: 3 layers of socks if its wet, 2 otherwise.
Hats and hoods work.
I have "bracers" and hobo gloves.

#257924 Ballzooka Mp150

Posted by Lynx on 03 December 2009 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

It was an awe some gun to face as a zombie. It was a great time to be blasted by it and it is an inspiration for all ball blasters everywhere.

#257910 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 03 December 2009 - 07:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Updated. PM's about maybes are coming this weekend. DO WORK SONS!

#257521 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 29 November 2009 - 11:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Keep this thread to stuff pertaining to the war. A 7 post chain about me saying kiddos isn't necessary. Especially when it ends with ggk calling me Coop.

Updates: Still not going to the war, not validated yet, but going: hdobe5 and DeathDart2k, and the war will be awesome. I will send out pm's to the maybes the weekend of Dec 4th.

#257353 Clothing

Posted by Lynx on 27 November 2009 - 12:31 AM in Off Topic

Nerfing in the cold is fun. You get to slide, be outside, everyone (not just you) has problems with seals, and maybe freeze to death.

I like to cut down on the freezing thing with plenty of warm clothing, but I was wondering what other people do to keep warm when its fucking cold. Do you throw on too many layers then take them off as the day goes on? Do you freeze before wearing the "just in case" jacket? Do you prefer mobility or the warmth?

As the quickest nerfer in Columbus, I wanna know what you guys do so I can be extra toasty.

Also, do those toe warmer things work?

#257049 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 22 November 2009 - 07:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not going, my friend Travis Touchdown and my 1-2 guests will be going with plenty of gear.

Consider yourselves lucky that you will be missing me. Me and my RSCB 3k will see you all in January.

#256909 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 21 November 2009 - 01:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I'm not going. Everyone else should.

#256851 Stablizer With The Rscb

Posted by Lynx on 20 November 2009 - 12:56 PM in Darts and Barrels

Their being dicks.

They wanna say just try it and see, but never said that. Pro-tip: If you post an idea, try it first.

#256850 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 20 November 2009 - 12:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Update: All stefans must have their weights attatched to the foam with hot glue with the exception of washer/felt tip darts.
The reason behind this is, post sweep of Whetstone, I found about 200 darts. A quarter of them were unusable or found to be dangerous to use since the tip was loose, the weights were not completely covered, and/or the hot glue was completely off.

I post this now since I know some of you do not attach your weights on your darts, and, no matter how hard you look at darts that you pick up, there is a greater element for being plugged with a loose bb dart. The reason we use hot glue for our darts is for protection and attaching them.

To enforce this, I will take a look at a small sample of your darts. If they are not found suitable, you WILL NOT PLAY with them. I have replacements if neccesary.

Remember kiddos, its about safety.

#256575 Cincinnati War, This Saturday (21st)

Posted by Lynx on 17 November 2009 - 12:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Would go if I could. I have State Grade Level Championships.

#256427 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Lynx on 15 November 2009 - 11:25 PM in Nerf Wars

*The CtF game didn't last that long actually. You guys just didn't understand that it is a back and forth type of game, it does take a while for a team to get the advantage. I was actually on my way back toward the flag after i got hit 10' away when you guys called the game. Both teams should decide whether the game is finished also not just a couple of people on one team saying that they have are done so the game is over.
*That shot did hit you but I think there was someone else shooting at you too who's shot hit the tree that was behind you.

I was close to the flag twice as well, but neither team was going to get the flag. Our defense was too strong and our offense was too sporadic. Either way, it was lunch time. *nom* *nom* *nom* *nom* *nom* *nom* *nom*

The fact that you guys were using high powered blasters that round that you called it hit and I didn't feel it was the tipping point on top of that.

(take it to pm's I don't want to ruin picture posts with too much bullshit in between)

#256421 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 15 November 2009 - 11:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Bump. I updated what I saw. I also pm'd father time since he showed up at the Whetstone War yesterday. 2 of my guys are pretty pumped for this and I am getting my winter gear together.

#256419 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Lynx on 15 November 2009 - 10:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Imma just gonna leave this here: Nerf War Etiquette.

The rules of clearing are simple and finite, any Cosmo gi-... any nerfer should know them.

Fun war.

These are all +/-'s:
  • CtF round lasted forever and was eventually a draw, but I got to walk up the middle and hit people like a badass. Twice.
  • HvZ rounds were quite fun. Me and Baddy were almost dead, then we both lived. I then switched guns and survived the round. Until the seppuku.
  • 3/15 rounds were fun. No one side had a clear whopping advantage since half the attendance had high powered RSCB/turreted/flip breeched blasters. Except that one round.
  • Me ending up using my Revolver and 1st gen all day. Unexpected, but still nice since my RSCB 3k is now going to built by the RSCB whore himself, Coop.
  • Cookies being good. Gingersnaps were a little to gingery for someone without much water. Fresh double stacks were nice as well.
  • Forgetting 68 degree high means don't wear 3 layers of pants and shirts AND forgetting my water bottles.
  • Few incidents of rule breaking. I still don't think I got hit by that shot Prince Valor. I saw it and heard it smack the tree behind me. The clearing crap is on top of the post.
  • Generally shooting well. Kept a few heads down, rushed with Coop, brought attention my way and got people who didn't see me out.
  • Being close to or just the fastest person there. And dodging extremely well, at least yesterday.
    Getting half of my darts back.
  • Sweeping the shit out of that leave infested park. Got about 150 more darts. Keeping about 125 of them. (pic)
Posted Image

#256222 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Lynx on 13 November 2009 - 08:43 PM in Nerf Wars

RSCB 3k: READY.
Turret 3k: READY.
Pistol Babies: READY.
AT2k: READY.
Darts: READY-(ish).

And Travis Touchdown will not be in attendance. It looks like great fall nerf weather so I am expecting at least 8.

#256189 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Lynx on 13 November 2009 - 12:07 PM in Nerf Wars

I do have a loner NiteFinder or two I can lend. They shoot (at least) over 60 feet and are fairly accurate.

#256129 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Lynx on 12 November 2009 - 07:25 PM in Nerf Wars

1)Bringing cookies.
2)Making 3k a RSCB piece of pimpingness.
3)EDIT: And, Coop? Can you please gimme a ride to lunch/Wendy's?

1) Woot!
2) Woot, we have to team up with the RSCB'd 3Ks!
3) Yes. And I'll even give you a ride back for a cookie. lol

Got my darts made. Man it feels good to have that out of the way.

1) Chocolate chip cookies w/o nuts.
2) Well, it will be my first RSCB, so...I *might* have over advertised that...
3) Okay, 1 and maybe 2 cookies for everyone!
4) Is your 3k plugged? How is the RSCB held on to the 3k?

#256124 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Lynx on 12 November 2009 - 06:58 PM in Nerf Wars

so sorry but i have to bail i just relized i have a flag football game at noon

Flag motherfucking Football? It better be a playoff game or something... I was in the BFL, it gets pretty HxC, but not to the point where I'd miss nerfing!

EDIT: And, Coop? Can you please gimme a ride to lunch/Wendy's?

#256102 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Lynx on 12 November 2009 - 04:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Bringing cookies. Making 3k a RSCB piece of pimpingness. Making multiple RSCB clips. Lets do work, son!

And TT will be a decision he'll have to make. He might just come late or something. It's his hand that needs to heal, so...

#255721 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Lynx on 08 November 2009 - 07:02 PM in Nerf Wars

I can be considered a definite. My partner in crime Travis Touchdown will be a maybe due to surgery on his gun shootin' hand. There is no +2 this time.

#254782 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Lynx on 28 October 2009 - 10:40 AM in Nerf Wars

So, decide everything without me? Sure, I can go and do that. Probably. +2 and maybe Travis Touchdown.

#254779 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 28 October 2009 - 10:11 AM in Nerf Wars

December 12th should be good with everyone. I'm a go for it.

#253421 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 12 October 2009 - 07:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Been a week. Bumpasaurus-ing this. Spread the word beyond NH, guys!

#252969 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 08 October 2009 - 06:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Many updates. Probably going to be the 12th, you know, for more nerfers. There should be plenty of people coming and the like... Try to make mention of this on NHQ, FU and other places where there might be more nerfers in Ohio.

#252835 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Lynx on 07 October 2009 - 08:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Just about as many wars as last year. Lots of new people though and a lot of lost oldies. I want a lot of people here (that means YOU not Columbus person). Its a very fun place:

Address: 2405 Wickliffe Rd.
Columbus, Ohio 43221

DATE SET: December 12, 2009
Time: Show up at 9:30-9:45. We are starting with a pistols only lava round at 10am and ending at tired/frozen.

Rules/Regulations:
Don't be a fucking douche wad: Nerf War Etiquette & Talio's relevant post

Bring lunch, water, nerfing supplies (guns, darts, eye wear) and warm clothing. No questionable gear unless deemed okay by the group (this includes pain, ranges and looks of blasters/clothing and whatever you all want). It IS winter so darts hurt more on skin and you ARE in a smaller area. We will do a few different game types that contours to the field such as a modified HvZ, lava (don't touch the mulch), plenty of CtF and assault plus the standards including ghost.

Update: Since I will not be in attendance, I expect all of you to behave (yes, I am a hypocrite). Remember, it IS about (safe) fun. If your gun easily hurts people, say something. Don't expect people to be happy if you cause them severe pain.

All stefans must have their weights attached to the foam with hot glue with the exception of washer/felt tip darts.

Participants list:

Definite: 8 +9-16 = 17 to 24

Coop + 0-2
Hipponater + 2-4
Goggles + 1-2
TravisTouchdown + 2
Prince Valor + 1
father time + 1-3
dog9 + 1
boisie + 1

Possible:
UberKuhlMan + 1
Hdobe5
Crom Strom + 1-2
jedijoe9
thaygor + 1
Brotoslava + 2-3
Black Blade + ?
Kid Flash
tjrowl0926 + 1-2
Twitch

Location pics:
Slideshow.
Picture post 1.
Picture post 2.
The field:
Posted Image

The castle:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#252834 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 07 October 2009 - 08:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Getting the winter war together right now.

#252718 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 05 October 2009 - 09:26 PM in Nerf Wars

YAY WAR HAPPENED!

Guns:
-Revolver was awesome, then my TTG and 1st gen went all meh on me. I still had fun though.
-3k still broken, should RSCB it. (Good idea Coop)
-Having a good amount of hits.

Darts:
-Having many, many darts for my posse of 4.
-dog9 bought darts, I made very little and was happy.
-I was happy with the performance. Hard and heavy without losing much range.

Rounds:
DTC (outside the shelterhouse):
-Effeminate anti-Coop machine. Hit him twice, got hit once (and once by uber who was keeping him fairly safe).
-Going in for the paper breaker and getting it with a 49'd NF
-Defending, being anti-Coop with Twitch. Worked well, till people realized what we were doing...
-MrBadWrench getting pissy after I checked to see if a shot he fired right before he was hit went in.
-Winning. It was fun, too.

DTC (inside the shelterhouse):
-Knowing your outgunned, are going to get hit (with +bows/PAS/BBBB's), and having to peek.
-Shooting so many darts at Twitch.
-Not hitting Twitch.
-Only getting out once.
-"OH SHIT THAT'S A +BOW!" -Lynx with a +bow > 20 feet away
-Futile attacks.
-Watching +bow's/BBBB's/PAS's just fucking dominate
-Losing. But I had fun on defense.

HvZ (and all the variants):
-Humans winning almost every time.
-Having fun as a human and a zombie (no one cheating with uber dick weapons).
-The human scrambles for the antidote.
-Screwing Dez into a zombie. I thought she could help and I was *not* being yet another zed.
-I turned at the end of the last round to see one of Hippos friends mid air in a tuck for a roll, with the antidote.
-Picnic tables for better angles = many wins.

3/15 DM's:
-Seemingly screwed teams most of the day.
-Good amount of rushes and being very active.
-Wasting many of Coop's shots/Being evasive, or as he said "Wiggly"
-Getting people to at least dodge every shot.
-Quite a few of people having to do double takes on darts passing in front of their face.
-Lots of fun with the pistols.
-Having BadWrench mad at me for asking whether or not hes out. Goddamn answer and keep playing.
-Chris or whatever his name was shooting me with a BBBB. I don't give a shit how many pumps are in it, I don't wear too thick of clothing so I can feel the hits, not pointless bullshit.

CTF:
-Seemingly screwed teams, yet again.
-Unhappily screwed by position and lack of PAS/BBBB/+bows.
-Losing a lot. After getting my hand on the flag, 3 times.

Not Nerf:
-Cookies were good.
-"Friends" bringing me a cold ass double stack and fries.
-bpso86 sent all of his stuff in time.
-The good breakfast I had and the ribs (and ratatouille) I had later.

(So I can find it later: http://s796.photobuc...mview=slideshow

)

#252413 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 02 October 2009 - 08:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I went to Whetstone with TT and it looks okay from the rain. Provided it doesn't rain tonight, it should be dry enough.

Also, the weather says it will feel like 49 at 9 am to 61 at 2 pm with 12-20 mph winds and a 20% chance of rain all tonight and tomorrow day. If your being screwed by your darts being taken by the wind, try mine, since they weigh, on average, 1.5x more your darts. (I have darts from last time and a scale).

Finally, I have 2 guests coming, not 3. Travis Touchdown will also be in attendance with his BBBB of fuckitude.

#252373 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 02 October 2009 - 11:15 AM in Nerf Wars

250 primary stefans. Plenty of secondary stefans. 5 pistols, 4 primaries, water, clothes, bandanas and the like.

Bring it.

Also: I might have a 3rd guest. Lynx + 2, 3?

#252324 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Lynx on 01 October 2009 - 06:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Mother fucker, I wanna do it! I'll check if I can get a ride.

MAYBE: Lynx + 1-2
MAYBE: TravisTouchdown

#252318 Tommy 20, Good Buy?

Posted by Lynx on 01 October 2009 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

thanks

/thread. He said its done.

#252288 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 01 October 2009 - 05:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I got to finish making about 40 stefans tonight, make a plunger tube transplant in my ttg's (thanks bpso86), and glue together a 2k.

I will have 2 guests nerfing and TT is also coming. I'm almost ready for this.

#251941 New Nerf Switchblade

Posted by Lynx on 28 September 2009 - 07:21 AM in Homemades

NerfAlCapone, you might want to reconsider arguing the little points on the forums when, to be honest, you made a fail.

Just learn from your mistakes (this would be one of them) and relax. Until you go to your first war, you might want to hold off on the original stuff. I still have my Kodak camera box ammo holder as a reminder that I am stupid, especially at nerf stuff.

I hope you can live long enough on the forums to forget this and end up being a productive, warring member of the NIC.

P.S. Hey NerfAlCapone, if you look at my first 4 months on the site, I was fail happy, too.

#251738 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Lynx on 26 September 2009 - 03:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Thank you very much Coop. As long as the primary shoots farther than a pistol I'm loaning them, they should be happy. I have over 300 darts from last war (I over made darts).