BustaNinja's Content

There have been 1000 items by BustaNinja (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#189625 The Crosssnap!

Posted by BustaNinja on 13 November 2008 - 11:11 PM in Homemades

Even if you unhook the bands when the gun is not annihilating fetish, they will quickly grow useless.

Dear god I'm hoping you meant flesh instead of fetish.

Also, whats the plunger handle made of? It looks beastly and nigh indestructible.

The plunger handle is an aluminum pipe bent into shape then reinforced with wire. I've thrown it, subjected it to extremes, and all that other good stuff, and it hasn't failed... at all.

#189439 The Crosssnap!

Posted by BustaNinja on 13 November 2008 - 07:46 AM in Homemades

This truly is a great piece of work. It looks very fine indeed and i am glad you followed through with it.

Question:
Could you post a picture of the gun without the barrels attached? Just curious...

Keep it up!

-A side of nerf

A write up will come. That I am sure of.

I can do that picture, and yeah, the switch to some bungies would do it good.

Thanks for all the constructive criticism. I was actually going to cut down the trigger and put an all weather trigger guard so i can use it with gloves.

#189409 The Crosssnap!

Posted by BustaNinja on 12 November 2008 - 11:30 PM in Homemades

50-60 dollars ain't bad. If you make a thread, you have certainly have my seal of approval that this is not only a great option over the xbow, +bow, but as well as most snaps. I may be ordering one of these in the future, I can't get over how decent this thing looks. Seriously man, major kudos

Thank you. Im glad people liked it. Any MN nerfers who wanna take a sexy picture of it for sales, that would be awesome.

#189401 Minnesnowta War

Posted by BustaNinja on 12 November 2008 - 11:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Screw you Hilt. Making me make more darts and buy wool socks.

I'd be there. Any chance to see Carbon and Hilt is a must. Gotta love you crazy people. The newbs are crazy, but not in the fun way. Jim just leaves all the time, and other people fizzle out. Accept MercenaryXZero. He pulls his own.

#189397 The Crosssnap!

Posted by BustaNinja on 12 November 2008 - 10:53 PM in Homemades

Out of all these "snap" homemade variants, this is by far my favorite. It looks a lot more reliable. Hopefully we'll see a how to thread or these on sale soon?

I would sell one completely made (they are easy to take apart, and with a few variations, they would be able to completely collapse) for about 50-60 dollars. Alot of time is put into one of these, but not as much as a +bow, which I like.

Ranges, are as I said, outranging a Crossbow. I don't own a tape roll, but I would say about 90 feet to be on the safe side. I know it shoots more, I just don't want bullshit called. Thats Jim's job.

Its fucking comfy as hell. I plan to foam on some curves like the real Crossbow, but this addresses a main concern I have with standard Crossbows. They just arent built for big stocky guys like me. I kinda have arms and stuff, and I use an adult sized shotgun with an EXTENDED stock, so this works amazing for me.

I was gonna paint it matte black, then toss a home made manta shield on it, because I need to put my logo on it. I named her Graffitii and i have it all worked out.... maybe I can do barney purple instead... yes, that would be sexy. With a leopard print handle and gold accents.

I used Rork's plungerhead, my own made up charging rod (its all one solid piece, wire supports aside) and the bands are attached to picture hooks. I finally found a use for them.

The ends were made with some wood glued over (I suggest zap a gap) then sanded down, a process that took me and my girlfriend, yes thats right, my girlfriend helped me on the sanding (She says I do a bad job, and wanted to do better) about an hour. Its annoying, but worth it.

How too eh? I could try my hand at a write up. Keep bugging me about it. I wanna make another one of these.

Actually, I made my own 3d models for this. They are in my thread about cosmetics, and they are fairly similar, just more curvaceous... What is it with me and using slightly suggestive terms to describe plastic?

The body pieces are super glued on, zip tied, hot glued and epoxied. I was going to put some plastic and bondo over it to smooth it out though.

#189390 The Crosssnap!

Posted by BustaNinja on 12 November 2008 - 10:34 PM in Homemades

Ok guys. After much designing, delaying, and doodling in my notebook as to what it should look like, Im finally done. The CrossSNAP has its first appearance on the Haven, and its here to stay. Nay sayers will say nay, but it is truely a testement (not only my opinion) as to how home-mades have progressed. Look and feel of a Crossbow, more heft, and a much much more comfortable handle, outranged NerfCrazy's Crossbow every time, simple set up, simple cosmetics, this is truely where I believe home-mades can go.

The ultimate goal of this project was to replicate Crossbow and +bow performance, and less the half the cost of each, whilst maintaining what makes a Crossbow the Nerf rifle of choice. Looks, durability and curves *childish snickers*.

Without further adieu

THE CROSSSNAP!!!

Posted Image

Im not a photographer mind you, so my pictures are kinda bad.

Posted Image

Posted Image
This is the new Flip breech I made tonight.

Maverick for scale

Posted Image

#189302 My Snap

Posted by BustaNinja on 12 November 2008 - 05:14 PM in Homemades

Beastly gun. Having been shot with it once, you know how it is. I still like that amazing rush, where you got me from behind, MISSED with both shots, then I just laughed.

It truly is beastly. It also looks really pretty in person. Flip breach it, and your all good.

Damn, now I gotta post pictures of my new toy!

Is that the one where he missed you then one of the first time warring guys shot you because you weren't paying attention?

I can totally vouch for this thing's beastliness though, and it actually doesn't look that bad either. Great job, Merc.

No. When he missed with both shots I was in the tower.

I was outed that round by a atomatron and his barrel tapping my butt....

Still, to any nay sayers, this is a beast gun. End of story.

#189214 My Snap

Posted by BustaNinja on 12 November 2008 - 12:06 AM in Homemades

Beastly gun. Having been shot with it once, you know how it is. I still like that amazing rush, where you got me from behind, MISSED with both shots, then I just laughed.

It truly is beastly. It also looks really pretty in person. Flip breach it, and your all good.

Damn, now I gotta post pictures of my new toy!

#188948 Made A L+l...

Posted by BustaNinja on 10 November 2008 - 11:41 PM in Homemades

Stores sell balls now? Damn, maybe I can get an extra pair to lend to anyone who's on my team at Minnesota Nerf wars. I mean, come on guys. If i do a crazy death charge, back me the fuck up.

Anyway, nice pistols. You did all that work with a dremel? That gives me lots and lots of hope. Amazing stuff, as always Heretic.

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Well, Im pretty sure Edwardo is still a bit sore for last night. I mean seriously, he asked me to tell you to get an ass. He's balls hurt from pounding that.

Again, amazing work. I may have to make one. That, or a SNAP pistol. Its hard to tell.

#188895 Recon Shoulder Stock Rebuild With Spring Integration And Shotgun Mod.

Posted by BustaNinja on 10 November 2008 - 09:48 PM in Modifications

I know i shouldn't be the one telling you this, but before the mods get after you and a flame war starts, it is extremely erotic to bring back (necro) a topic more than a month old. Or maybe it's only two weeks. I forget. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I just want to help before you get a bunch of shit about it.

No, you got it. Its more then a month. And this is three. I appreciate it when people are polite, and you were. Wow, someone new who isn't a complete douche. Good job. You win my vote.

#188891 Combat Arms?

Posted by BustaNinja on 10 November 2008 - 09:43 PM in Off Topic

Ok, it lags? Thats sad. Im playing on a budget laptop, it boots up in about 30 seconds (yes, the whole game) and then during the game, I often glitch out Im running it too fast. Yes, I've turned up the graphics, and yes, its already at the best.

The maps are pretty good though. I hate having to rent weapons and the hacker issue is annoying as hell. Plus, I've been called some pretty nasty things. Bunch of pre-pubescent white kids who think its funny to use the word Nigger. I mean really. Just means I hunt them down with more of a passion.

#188854 Made A L+l...

Posted by BustaNinja on 10 November 2008 - 07:27 PM in Homemades

Stores sell balls now? Damn, maybe I can get an extra pair to lend to anyone who's on my team at Minnesota Nerf wars. I mean, come on guys. If i do a crazy death charge, back me the fuck up.

Anyway, nice pistols. You did all that work with a dremel? That gives me lots and lots of hope. Amazing stuff, as always Heretic.

#188525 Mnhno Recap

Posted by BustaNinja on 09 November 2008 - 04:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Also, accidentally smashing a glass bottle on the roof of the pagoda because I mis-judged my "grenade" throw. That was fun. So was the vodka fire, then having Beaver and my friend Martin say "Damn, waste of good vodka"

Sorry, what was that?

I hope you all went to nerf, not to make a bad name for the rest of us.
Of course, what you do is up to you. I'm not a babysitter.

the glass was an accident. The vodka was for a fire because it was fucking cold.

#188374 Mnhno Recap

Posted by BustaNinja on 08 November 2008 - 11:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Jake and I use to get ours at Walgreen's and k-mart, but then they all vanished. You might still be able to find them, I think it just depends on your location.

Thats where I found mine. And as for the tip, its fine. I used it during the pistol round. However, I might see if I can change the way it cocks, because I really don't like the lever.

#188346 Mnhno Recap

Posted by BustaNinja on 08 November 2008 - 10:18 PM in Nerf Wars

First off, sorry about the face-shot, BustaNinja, I totally thought I was aimed at your chest.

Pros:
-LOTS of Tower Rounds
-Vodka Fire
-Buying venom's Eagle Eye
-Trading for Busta's Big Blast
-NOT GETTING FUCKING SICK!

Cons:
-Colder than OMC in a bad mood
-Vodka Fire (waste of vodka)
-Nick not playing
-Puke in the tower (EWWW!)
-Leaving early
-The trigger on my SNAP failing horribly
-My BnA critically failing from the cold

Overall, pretty good. It certainly wasn't long enough, but it was good because I was wiped as hell when I got home. Flopped into my bed and slept from 2:30 to about 8:30. Certainly happy with my new guns. Need to fix my SNAP before the next one (not a big deal)

Yeah, its no problem. Its all good. I mean, we got you pretty bad with big blasts so its only fair. Plus, I can get more Big Blasts, and I can't get another first shot. Its a nice pistol.

#188299 Mnhno Recap

Posted by BustaNinja on 08 November 2008 - 07:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Leaving early sucked, but having my feet warm again was a good feeling. My CrossSNAP worked beautifully. Having my diskshot break AGAIN sucked, and getting shot it the face point blank by Bullet Dragon with my own fucking Big Blast sucked even more. It took me about 20 minutes to get that monster welt cleaned out. And the fact that it froze shut bothered me.

Also, accidentally smashing a glass bottle on the roof of the pagoda because I mis-judged my "grenade" throw. That was fun. So was the vodka fire, then having Beaver and my friend Martin say "Damn, waste of good vodka"

#188265 What The Heck Broken Stefan Tips

Posted by BustaNinja on 08 November 2008 - 05:05 PM in Homemades

Anyone who Nerfs should know this. (I Just got back from a war, I left early because I couldn't feel my feet) But in cold, your tips will shatter if they are shot at anything hard. All today, we were hearing darts shatter from the cold. And it wasn't extremely cold, but it still affects the darts. anything below 50 degrees and your darts get really brittle. Even at 60, its pushing it.

#188211 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by BustaNinja on 08 November 2008 - 09:26 AM in Nerf Wars

Hour and a half till the war starts. Yall better be ready. I'm bringing the thunder of my dislocated knee to pwn some noobs.... Seriously don't be surprised if I hurt myself badly.

Oh, and my friend from SPANO is showing up at about 1.

#188164 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by BustaNinja on 07 November 2008 - 10:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm pretty much ready, got my SNAP up to a magnificent level of coolness (you'll see what I mean tomorrow). Darts are made, etc. I'm only gonna bring a couple guns to cut down on weight and bulk, so I'm fucked if my SNAP or its sub-assembly craps out on me.

Wanna use the one I used last war if yours craps out?

#188120 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by BustaNinja on 07 November 2008 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there tomorrow quite early (hopefully if my dad can get going fast enough) with 2 (TWO) video cameras for double footage and umbrellas to tape to tripods if it starts to have slushy snow, so expect a good video this time. I am bringing extra socks and shoes for me, not for you.

Awesome. I can't wait. Im bringing about 5 primaries and 4 secondaries tomorrow. I am stocked. Its quite scary.

#188049 The Contract.

Posted by BustaNinja on 07 November 2008 - 09:06 AM in Modifications

I like the paint job, because St. Paul Central's colors are red and black. Nice.

#187600 The Cheapatizer

Posted by BustaNinja on 04 November 2008 - 10:28 PM in Homemades

Huh. Guess its time to wow people with my SNAPs once they are done and painted.

#187371 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by BustaNinja on 03 November 2008 - 11:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I must say that my SNAP is now upgraded to an unhealthy level of awesome.

How awesome?

Well topic-worthy awesome.

Once its finalized, of course.

Jesus, I better finish my SNAP quick or else I can't be on team SNAP! Yeah! That would kick ass! Myself, Julian, Jim, and Max, all on the same team wielding SNAPS. We would definitely be a force to be reckoned with, like team AT3k is in Ohio, which is where I get the basis of this idea from.

All else fails, you can borrow mine. The one that I duct taped a drink to at MNNO? its been ghettoed with tons of duct tape and e-tape, but its sturdy. Accept the stock, which bends.

#187126 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by BustaNinja on 02 November 2008 - 09:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm still in the market for rockets, just so you know, guys. If you have extra rockets please bring them so I can at least USE them during the war.

Damnit! How many times do we have to tell you, ORDER THEM FROM HASBRO! I guess I could let you borrow my two titan missiles, if I can call you Bullshit Dragon and Jim Queen of Dragons/Noobs all day.

I will remind you that most ppl with titans do not use the rockets, so I might as well buy them from someone instead of buying them from Hasbro.

And if I have any choice in insulting names at the war, I'd like to simply be called "Queen"

But they are a pretty ok band. That would be an insult to them... snicker snicker.

#186939 Which Fbr Is Best For Cpvc? Where To Get?

Posted by BustaNinja on 01 November 2008 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

I got some nice quality foam from Menards that works fairly decent with CPVC. Its Dennis brand.

#186925 My Nf 1st Gen.

Posted by BustaNinja on 01 November 2008 - 08:50 PM in Modifications

Your pics are a bit small and hard to see but the paint job still looks good. Also If anyone wants to show off theres there mom in a sluty outfit please do.

Ew. You would say that wouldn't you?

#186839 My Nf 1st Gen.

Posted by BustaNinja on 01 November 2008 - 02:21 PM in Modifications

A few things.
A: this is not a "Show off 1st gen NF's thread", thus not breaking rules.
B: while it's RECOMMENDED to post pictures of mods and PJ's without writeups in the pictures thread, it isn't against the rules to make a new thread, just a bit wasteful.
Now all of y'all stop bein' dicks.

There is no rule against "Show off" threads, they are just wasted space.

So, it was just telling him not to post a new thread for stuff like this.

#186828 My Nf 1st Gen.

Posted by BustaNinja on 01 November 2008 - 12:49 PM in Modifications

You sir, are awesome.

#186827 Happy Birthday Forsaken!

Posted by BustaNinja on 01 November 2008 - 12:45 PM in Off Topic

May your birthday bring you naked women, lots of bare breasts, and preferably enough alcohol to have a doubt in your head that it happened. Congrats on getting a year older. Thats one less year of your life you have to screw up.

All that aside, have a goon one.

#186812 My Nf 1st Gen.

Posted by BustaNinja on 01 November 2008 - 11:29 AM in Modifications

Oh.......You are in deep, deep shit my friend. Haven't you read about how WE DO NOT WANT THESE "show off your mom in a slutty outfit threads". Maybe you didn't know. But edit this quick.

If you're gonna quote me, do it right. It was
"Show off your AT2K" Threads
"Show off your Nitefinder" Threads
THEN "Show off your mom in a slutty outfit"Threads. Come on people.

Really Rifleman, was that needed? You put a picture in the Mods and Paintjobs thread, why make a topic? No one cares. Unless its a groundbreaking mod that allows it to fire flames and doritos, no one cares. Don't make topics.

Wait... you were banned once? If you made a new account, i would kiss this one goodbye aswell.

No this is the same account I was un banned on Oct. 18

and don't waste it by making topics like this.

#186799 My Nf 1st Gen.

Posted by BustaNinja on 01 November 2008 - 10:35 AM in Modifications

Oh.......You are in deep, deep shit my friend. Haven't you read about how WE DO NOT WANT THESE "show off your mom in a slutty outfit threads". Maybe you didn't know. But edit this quick.

If you're gonna quote me, do it right. It was
"Show off your AT2K" Threads
"Show off your Nitefinder" Threads
THEN "Show off your mom in a slutty outfit"Threads. Come on people.

Really Rifleman, was that needed? You put a picture in the Mods and Paintjobs thread, why make a topic? No one cares. Unless its a groundbreaking mod that allows it to fire flames and doritos, no one cares. Don't make topics.

Wait... you were banned once? If you made a new account, i would kiss this one goodbye aswell.

#186708 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by BustaNinja on 31 October 2008 - 03:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Now, one side of my brain would ask you to reserve something long range for me, but the other side keeps reminding me how moot that would be to fire a relativly slow projectile at a fully cognitive nerfer with quick reflexes. besides, my NF is a beast.

not saying i wouldn't poke someone in the eye for a new long range tool.

I thought I was selling you a big blast? I got my Iron Man painted one. its pretty

#186331 Lancer: A Product Of Kappa Sigma Armory

Posted by BustaNinja on 29 October 2008 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

That makes sense. It does look great from a prop standpoint, and the fact that it works makes it worth while. If you do sell it on Ebay, I cannot see this going for any less then Angel's. It certainly looks beautiful.

#186303 Lancer: A Product Of Kappa Sigma Armory

Posted by BustaNinja on 29 October 2008 - 06:29 PM in Modifications

Maybe its just bias, but FA did it first, and although this is true to the gun (more so then FA's was) I still have to say, his paintjob and just the whole thing worked. It looked like a toy made that way. This looks like a prop. Nothing bad about props mind you, they are great. I personally love yours. FA's just felt more... Nerfy. And as Nerfer, I gotta side with his. As a theater geek, I have to praise yours without stopping. Its beautiful.

I would prefer a cleaner paintjob instead of brushed metal thing, but I paint my guns gay colors, so yeah.

#185659 What Costume Are You People Wearing For Halloween?

Posted by BustaNinja on 26 October 2008 - 02:53 PM in Off Topic

I was gonna do elaborate Zombie makeup just to scare my little cousins who are 6 and 4... But maybe not.

All else fails, a Pimp. I can get a cane easily.

#185653 My Friend And I's Nerf War

Posted by BustaNinja on 26 October 2008 - 02:36 PM in General Nerf

Wow. Announcing a jam. Wonderful.

The body armor can go, and you need to edit these so they dont have so much lazy waiting. But hey, you dont see me making videos now do you? Good job.

#185651 A2 Quickload Power Blaster

Posted by BustaNinja on 26 October 2008 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

Damn. If it wasn't a flywheel gun it would have some potential. The Photon Burst was actually not that bad. It had a MASSIVE plunger tube for a gun of its size, and alot could be done with it. It was a good hold out gun, and actually, Hilt used it as a primary once.

#185629 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by BustaNinja on 26 October 2008 - 12:41 PM in Homemades

Wow. I love how many people are making SNAPs with the charging rod in the stock. Its a fun design, and I wish i would have perfected mine more.

How to work harder to get the CrossSNAP up and running. I had to redesign the charging handle because otherwise it would be too big, so i went from an aluminum rectangle, so a more triangular design. Its much stronger, and it still has the bungee holders, kinda like Carrtoon's Xbow Plunger rod. I hope to showcase it soon, but its been a tarded week. No weekend, and we had to put our dog down.

Kudos to the SNAP builders out there. its alot more fun then modding isnt it?

#185624 My First Self Designed Homemade

Posted by BustaNinja on 26 October 2008 - 11:37 AM in Homemades

Im building something similar, and all I would like to say is, for pistols, you want a thin plunger rod.

#185623 Recon W/ Sm3k(new Style-blue) Internals

Posted by BustaNinja on 26 October 2008 - 11:27 AM in Modifications

I kept my clip....I'm letting to much out.

If I beg enough could we get a write up?

I was thinking about using a longshot and a bigblast, or Titan to get the same effect. Unless you breach it, no matter the air output of the AT2K, you won't get better ranges due to the seal. Take this information and use it. Its what failed about my designs.