LordoftheRing434's Content

There have been 553 items by LordoftheRing434 (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#51675 Favorite Band

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 05 April 2005 - 09:14 PM in Off Topic

just sum it up as Classic Rock. ROCK ON!!!

I've got to agree with the classic fans. There is some decent stuff today, but with marketing and such, there isn't quite as much passion as back in the day. So, quoting AC/DC, " For those about to rock, I salute you!"

OFF TOPIC: One year member at NH tomorrow! w00t.

#51674 Hey Are Threre Any Hot Babes On This Site?

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 05 April 2005 - 09:06 PM in Off Topic

hey are threre any hot babes on this site? please send photos

Please tell me the 93 in your name isn't the year you were born.

*shakes head* Ooooo that hits close to home. I've had a really bad day, but that just makes me laugh the shit out. Thanks for the comic relief! :lol:

#51615 Is That Possible: Darts Propelled Too Much ?

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 05 April 2005 - 02:00 PM in Modifications

Dart length may be a factor. This happens with my Stefans a lot, and I mean A LOT. I thought I had just made sucky Stefans, but I found that the cure that worked for me was barrel-extension. In my NF, I gave it a longer PVC barrel so that the darts wouldn't spin when they left. The same worked for the rest of my guns. The only thing that disappoints me now is trying to fire a Stefan out of my PC B) With stock darts, the only explanation I can provide is that they have a tear in the side, or the tip is off-center somehow. This tear sometimes happens in my Stefans too. That seems to be a factor even in the best of barrels. Other than that, I don't really know what to say. Best of luck!

#51608 Nf Cosmetic Mod

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 05 April 2005 - 11:50 AM in Modifications

Very beasty, I like the look! Mine's the "Angel in Disguise"...camo duct tape works wonders...I like the Hulk a lot more though.

#51494 Favorite Band

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 03 April 2005 - 06:44 PM in Off Topic

Sorry, I didn't mean for an argument to flare up over this. It was just a common question that I thought would be interesting. I think it has given everybody a chance to see possible music they would like to sample. Personally, I like reading these, and I'm going to look further into some of these artists. And I can understand Talio. With the arrival of spring, I've been itching for outdoor nerf too. Still, Northern Minnesota is really wet right now, and it's not quite ready yet.

#51396 Favorite Band

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 02 April 2005 - 06:22 PM in Off Topic

What is your favorite band and why? Just curious to hear what repsonses I'll get. My favorite is Led Zeppelin. They took music from around their time, and pioneered it into a new age, preceding much of the the music we hear today. They didn't just stick to one style of music either, they had a good mix of acoustic and electric songs. They performed music with several backgrounds: Folk, Rock, Blues, Bluegrass, some Latin/Jamaican, and some Eastern-sounding music. Each member had an extensive knowledge of their instrument. For example, Robert Plant was a kick-ass harmonica player. Others are obvious. Once again, just wondering, so respond and express thoughtfully.

#51379 Your Pope Died.

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 02 April 2005 - 02:56 PM in Off Topic

Aight, thanks for the info. This will be interesting to see what unfolds in the following weeks.

#51378 Southern Minnesota War

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 02 April 2005 - 02:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd bring a PVC-modded SM1500, a PC, Crayola-mod SS1, PVC-mod NF, and maybe my RF20 (if I fix it), not intending to use each one. I've got a friend who would probably bring an NF, BBB, SM750, PC, SM1500, and AT3k with similar mods.

#51363 Your Pope Died.

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 02 April 2005 - 12:39 PM in Off Topic

Does anyone know how there is a next pope? Is there an election, or does JPII have some sort of dynasty? And if the pope supposedly hasn't sinned, how will they find another non-sinner? I've wanted a good explainaton, and I haven't ever had one....

#51314 Your Pope Died.

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 01 April 2005 - 08:02 PM in Off Topic

Ever since he got sick, I figured this would become another Schiavo thing. They would keep him alive, if they could. I don't really tie into this though, as I'm Lutheran, so I so just keep my mouth shut. But, at this moment, Islamic Jihad and whatnot is probably celebrating a Christian loss in their spider holes. I guess this event's meaning just depends on who you are...

#51255 Nerfhq Error

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 01 April 2005 - 12:54 PM in General Nerf

Here here!

#51254 Southern Minnesota War

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 01 April 2005 - 12:51 PM in Nerf Wars

MNNO...or Minnow...that sounds really cool. So how many total people is that? If this works, it may advance to an inter-state war with Wisconsin, Iowa, The Dakotas, perhaps Illinois or even Canada...That would be friggin awesome. Just out of curiousity, what guns would you guys bring?

#51223 Southern Minnesota War

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 31 March 2005 - 08:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, it is a long-ass drive, but we might be willing to make the commute. An MNNO is something we've been looking forward to for since 8th grade (we're juniors in high school now). Those were the good ol' days, when Nerf was huge. But, hey, now it's making a great comeback. This will be the closest thing to a big-war we've ever got the chance to do for small-town Minnesota. I think we would enjoy the roadtrip though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, as for the lift bridge, it's alive and kickin'! We hang out by it every now and zen...

#51206 Southern Minnesota War

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 31 March 2005 - 05:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, the former Merry Mafia might like to. We're 20 miles outside of Duluth, but we may be able to make the drive. I've posted this a few times, and now there actually seems to be response. Where in South MN are you planning on? I just have to work out drivers, and I should be able to bring 7 or 8 people. Jangadance has also said that he could have a war in Minneapolis. This would be awesome, we would have several groups/clans. Keep posting info. My people could make it in July, or late August this summer. Who knows, this could become a huge war someday. We could be looking at something really big! :w00t:

#51192 Sony Psp

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 31 March 2005 - 12:47 PM in Off Topic

Hehe, the PSP episode of South Park sure was a good one. An archangel sniffing a marker, Darth Sidius lookalike, LOTR-ish concept of Heaven vs. Hell...It's all good! :blink:

#50858 Help With Nf Mod

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 28 March 2005 - 01:29 PM in Modifications

Yes, keep the drawing tip of the crayola barrel on. It should fit better into the cap. I don't have access to brass barrels either, so this is my cup o' tea. That foam-plunger silencer seems to work well. My friend did it with his NF, and I like how it sounds. Now if I can get it right...

#50790 Belt-fed Maverick

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 27 March 2005 - 09:14 PM in Modifications

Yeah, pictures would help...Sounds like a practical mod. The only try I can think of for the seal would be what AirApache said, and go with the o-rings. I'm interested to see where this goes, keep us informed.

#50665 The New Nite Finder Color Scheme

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 26 March 2005 - 10:44 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, the N-Strike NFs are gross, but that's nothing black spray-paint can't fix... :huh:

#50561 Gear

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 25 March 2005 - 10:23 PM in General Nerf

INDOOR: My PC, NF on the side, extra PC clip, maybe a household item to wear as camo (blanket, etc.), possible holster, and occasionally a small backpack holding an SM1500 for multi-weapon battles.

OUTDOOR: Since there is more space to frolick, just an SM1500, NF on the side, perhaps a holster (my pockets work well), a pic-a-nic basket, and my friend has a gilly-suit I would really like to wear :P

#50554 Airzone Crossbow

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 25 March 2005 - 09:53 PM in General Nerf

Today, a few buddies and I made the excursion to our local TRU and found what we expected to find, and one little morsel more. Has anyone heard of the AirZone Crossbow? We looked at it at first and thought "what a crock", but we took a closer look at one partially removed from the package. At first it looks like a joke, but after review, we found that this thing might have potential. It has a fairly large plunger, and it has a lot of air-power when fired. The thing shoots arrows, but modding for micros looks like a cinch. After removing the bow part, this thing could make an interesting boomstick. Has anyone picked one up, and what do you think of it?

#50406 Minnesota Nerf-out

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 23 March 2005 - 09:59 PM in Nerf Wars

This would be great. My guys are a little iffy, but I'm gonna try my hardest to convince them. I would have to agree on a mid-August date. I've got a drama tour trip for a week in June, July I would be scotch-free, and a canoe trip in the BWCA the first week of August. That's all tied around a summer job as well...I can weasel my way out of that one. Sounds good, do you have a good spot in mind?

#50399 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 23 March 2005 - 09:40 PM in General Nerf

My guesses for re-releases would be: PC, maybe Splitfire, new Secret Shot?, or the SM2500? (the one with rotating barrel chamber).
I would like to see that SM thingy. It didn't really make it that far, but they could make a new one. If they did, and it was good... ;) *salivates* I could expect to see one or two pistols though.

#50153 Rf20 Repair

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 21 March 2005 - 01:45 PM in Modifications

I haven't opened the pump up yet, but it seems to work now. I just have to pump it really fast. I guess the friction heat makes the o-ring expand and maybe that makes it fill the groove. Thanks for the info.

#50114 Rf20 Repair

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 20 March 2005 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

Ok, so I picked up my RF20 today and tried to pump it, and there was no resistance. The pump just slid freely, and no air got to the tank. Could this be that the O-ring in the pump is shot? That's the only logical explanation I can come up with. I put water into the pump part, and it pumped a little better, so I think the o-ring dried out. There is no leak in the gun. The problem is strictly in the pump. If anybody has had this problem, or if you know how to repair it, I would be thankful for your help. The pump itself is glued together really well. If I were to remove it, I would have to saw the pump apart, but then it won't go back together.

#49584 Minnesota Nerf-out

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 14 March 2005 - 12:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I've got 7 people in mind, and it would have to be during the summer (we're still at school). I'm not exactly familiar with the entire Twin Cities area, but if you have a good spot, let me know. Then again some of my group may not want to make the trip...It would be fun though. I'll look further into it and get back to you.

#49523 Minnesota Nerf-out

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 13 March 2005 - 03:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I posted a topic about 6 months ago about having a war in Northern Minnesota. I figured it's time to check again. I'm just checking to see if anyone would have interest in this. Nothing is planned yet, but if I get enough replies, we could make it happen.
I have a have a group of about 7-8 buddies that would like to broaden our horizons and fight someone else. We live about 20 miles outside of Duluth. We would probably be willing to travel a ways, perhaps as far as the Twin Cities. If anyone in this general vicinity would be interested, we would be more than happy to have a war. ^_^

#49356 What Guns Do You Take Into A War?

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 11 March 2005 - 10:33 PM in General Nerf

In my older nerf days, I would carry a PC and my trusty SS1. I personally like the SS1, because I tend to go for spring guns, and the extra shot is pretty nice to fall back on. My PC doesn't work anymore. I've tried several times to fix it, and it was resurrected for a little while, but not any more :cry:

Nowadays, I still use my SS1 on the side. After adapting a bit, my new love is an SM 1500 PVC mod.

I do have an RF20, which I have debated on using in place of the PC, but I just don't like it as much as a 1500. Sure, it's an auto, but I don't have the same finesse with it.

#24642 Powerclip Problem

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 22 April 2004 - 12:06 PM in Modifications

Eureka! My PC is back in working order. After several attempts to locate and plug a pin-sized hole with some plumbers goop, I finally fixed it. The makeshift junction works like a charm. My clip advances now as well. It took long enough, but I got it... ;)

#24204 Minnesota Nerfers

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 13 April 2004 - 08:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds good! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a spot to have a war. If neither of us can find a spot, we might be able to meet somewhere in between too. I'll email you sometime if we get a good spot and see if we can get a game plan going.

#24201 Powerclip Problem

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 13 April 2004 - 08:07 PM in Modifications

I was thinking the same thing, only it wasn't the purple part. It was the little yellow joint connecting the pump tube to the airtank. Somehow it cracked and it didn't look like anything would seal it, so I had to break the joint off. I was going to use a sort of brass joint to reattach it the the airtank, but that wasn't going to work, so I'm going to use some superglue and a barbed joint to reattach the blasted little thing. The thing is Nerf made the tubes so close together that it's going to be a hell of a time trying to get the superglue in the right spot...

#24154 Powerclip Problem

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 13 April 2004 - 02:05 PM in Modifications

Well, I figrued it out. The piece that connects to the pump tube to the air tank was cracked and leaked air. In this case, I was losing air when I pumped the gun up. I had to break the thing off, and pull the plastic thing out of the tube. In order to do so, I took a razor and had to cut a piece of the tube off. I'm looking to connect it again with some sort of brass joint, but I'm not sure it will work. Then again, this may be a whole different problem... ^_^ Once I fix this, I can work on the clip again. I'm pretty sure I just put the gun back together too loosely. Hopefully the PC will be resurrected, and will be back and kickin...

#24077 Minnesota Nerfers

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 12 April 2004 - 01:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Anybody within a reasonable distance of Duluth, MN? Nerf has kinda fizzled out for us because we have nobody to have wars with! Sure, we've had a few 2-on-2 basement wars and such, but we want more people to play against. Spring should show up fairly soon, so if we get enough people we might be able to get something working... ^_^ Also, if anybody's in nearby Wisconsin or further south in Minnesota we'd be more than willing to head on over. Iowa and the Dakotas might be pushing it, but we could work something out... Thanks for any possibilites!

#23734 Powerclip Problem

Posted by LordoftheRing434 on 07 April 2004 - 05:07 PM in Modifications

I had a similar problem with my PC. My clip only advanced to 2 shots. It could be that I did the removable clip mod, but I'm not sure. It would be nice to figure out how to fix it... I'm trying to see if it was a trigger problem, but I'm not finding much. It could also have gone bad because I put rubber bands around the airtank. Did anyone else use these mods?? They could be part of the problem...