Twitch's Content

There have been 204 items by Twitch (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#223700 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 14 April 2009 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

My first attempt using the Metalicast paint. I'm rather pleased with it, as it looks much better than the images would suggest. I really like the crackles along the surface. I've gotta try Metallicast red crackles beneath a purple top-coat next.
Posted Image

Posted Image

NerfRogue83, you might be an idiot. Why in the hell would you put that onto a Magstrike like that?

*edit*

That is not a vase in the background, holding lengths of brass and petg; It's a bier stein.

#222894 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 10 April 2009 - 09:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I was expecting the Nerf Air-borne division would not be deployed until a later war. The parks chosen for Valhalla are too popular among the public to permit the deployment of the NerfWaffe.

On another note, much to my dismay, my job and school work have been vastly more time consuming than I had expected. As a result, tickets for Valhalla have not been mailed yet, but will be in tomorrow's out-going mail. The envelopes are sealed and stamped, and at this moment await only to be acquired by the USPS.

#222085 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 06 April 2009 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Darkshot, I don't recall listing that as an option. If you plan on paying me in person then I hope you go to the University of Cincinnati and will purchase your ticket soon. If you're planning to buy your ticket the night of the event, you may very will be turned away if the other 40 tickets have been sold before then.

#221670 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 04 April 2009 - 09:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Visatgecko, I require the names of your guests.

25 tickets remain.

#221647 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 04 April 2009 - 09:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Icespartan_1114 indicated that you would be joining us.

#221643 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 04 April 2009 - 08:57 PM in Nerf Wars

28 tickets remain unclaimed.

Vistagecko, what is your guest's name?

#221511 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 03 April 2009 - 11:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Tickets for Day 1 of Valhalla, the war at Lazer Kraze are now on sale. There are 40 tickets available at this moment. To purchase your ticket, first declare your intention here, indicating how many you wish to purchase, and your e-mail address. I will send a payment request via Paypal for $4/nerfer (your parent/guardian/sibling/transporter does not need a ticket). Send an e-mail to morrisbi@uc.edu indicating the number of tickets you purchased, as well as your address. Once payment clears I will send you your ticket(s) in the mail.

The first post has been edited to include this information as well. I will update the thread periodically to track the number of tickets remaining. Tickets may go much faster than you expect, as the Cincinnati nerfers have the option to pay up front in cash. To compensate, I've not yet declared tickets on sale for the Cincinnati Nerf Group yet, to give the rest of you a fighting chance.

If you have questions, post here or contact me in the NerfChat:

http://embed.mibbit....23nerfchat

#221030 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 01 April 2009 - 12:58 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I've everyone's status correct, please let me know if I missed you. Additionally, It's worth noting that Hofbrauhaus is not a bar, it's a German restaurant which happens (as most of them do) to sell delicious bier. You do not have to be of legal drinking age to get in an eat dinner, as long as you arrive before like, 10pm. They have what I understand to be, typical German food, as well as some more American menu items (bacon cheese burgers, etc., are available.)

#220841 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 31 March 2009 - 08:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Please specify which of the 4 events for which you are a "for sure" or a "maybe." There are 3 wars and The Feast scheduled. Longshot Wielder, do you plan on attending The Feast, and are you 21 or older? Foamfoot, I'm glad to you have so much enthusiasm for this, which events are you planning to attend?

#220774 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 30 March 2009 - 09:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Valhalla - Day 3

When: April 26th, 9am - we get tired.
Where: Dunham Park. 4366 Dunham Way. Cincinnati, Ohio 45205
Once you’re on Dunham way, just keep going left until you reach the top of the hill. You will see the playground on you left. Continue until the next intersection, and make a left to enter the parking lot.

Pic’s of Dunham

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If the playground is overrun with short, annoying primates we can use the large valley/field on the other side of the parking lot. There are a handful of trails through the woods that link the far sides of the field. In the summer there should be enough foliage to make them useful.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those are the arenas we’ll be using for Valhalla ’09. Post questions below and/or send me a PM if you have questions about the rules. (I expect more than a few of you will inquire about Lazer Kraze.)

Lastly, is The Feast. Outside the great hall, the worthy Nordic warriors would battle during the day, and in the evening all would gather and be revived is necessary for a great feast. I can’t gain access to a great hall, but I can try and arrange for many of us to get dinner Saturday night at the legendary Hofbräuhaus, in Newport, Ky. You don’t have to be 21 to eat there, just if you plan on enjoying a liter or three of some of the greatest bier in the world. If you would like to go to The ‘Haus for dinner, please indicate as such, and not if you are of legal drinking age. I have difficultly conjuring an idea as fantastic as an evening at Hofbräuhaus after a day of glorious battle. No matter what we can go there to feast and drink, but I require a head count to see if it’s worth reserving one of their separate rooms.

Hope to see you there.

#220773 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 30 March 2009 - 09:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Valhalla

Why: The Orange Hand feels that Cincinnati needs an annual war
When: April 24th-26th. Check day for exact time
Where: Varies, see days below.

When you reply indicating your desire and/or intentions to attend, please indicate which events of the four you plan/hope to attend. If you reply regarding The Feast, indicate if you and/or your gusts are > 21 years of age.

Tickets for Day 1 of Valhalla, the war at Lazer Kraze are now on sale. There are 40 tickets available at this moment. To purchase your ticket, first declare your intention here, indicating how many you wish to purchase, and your e-mail address. I will send a payment request via Paypal for $4/nerfer (your parent/guardian/sibling/transporter does not need a ticket). Send an e-mail to morrisbi@uc.edu indicating the number of tickets you purchased, as well as your address. Once payment clears I will send you your ticket(s) in the mail.

If you have questions, post here or contact me in the NerfChat:

http://embed.mibbit....23nerfchat

Tickets remaining: 18

Attendance - Day 1

Confirmed
Twitch
Vistagecko +3
Mr. Badwrench
JediJoe9
bpso86
Bobafan

Maybe
S.Wong
UberKuhlMan
boisie
Icesparten_1114
+ about 20 Cincinnati nerfers

Attendance - Day 2

Confirmed
Twitch
bpso86
JediJoe9
Thaygor +2
Mr Badwrench +1
Saucy Gonzalez
Vistagecko +3
Bobafan
Longshot Wielder
+ about 12 Cincinnati nerfers

Maybe
S.Wong
Ice Nine
UberKuhlMan
Nerf Mafia +5-6
Icespartan_1114
snotlock +1

Attendance - Day 3

Confirmed

Twitch
bpso86
Thaygor +2
Mr Badwrench +1
Saucy Gonzalez +2-3
Bobafan
Longshot Wielder
Vistagecko +3
+ about 12 Cincinnati nerfers

Maybe
S.Wong
Ice Nine
JediJoe9
UberKuhlMan
Nerf Mafia +5-6
boisie
IceSpartan_1114
snotlock +1

Feast (* indicates member is > 21 years old.)

Confirmed *
Twitch*
bpso86*
JediJoe9*
Mr Badwrench* +1*
Bobafan
Longshot Wielder

Maybe*
S.Wong*
Ice Nine
Saucy Gonzalez

Valhalla - Day 1
Where: Lazer Kraze
When: April 24th, 11pm- April 25th, 3am.

We have had dozens of requests from NIC members for permission to join us at a war in the laser tag arena.

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=15377&hl=
In case you missed it.

I am happy to announce that War 1 of Valhalla will be at our new home, and that we can extend the invitation to many members of the NIC. Sadly, I am forced to restrict attendance to 40 nerfers, as the arena becomes too crowded in excess of that. Tickets will go on sale the end of this week, they will be $4/nerfer. If a parent/older sibling is driving you to the war, they do not have to pay. PayPal will be accepted. upon receiving payment, your ticket will be mailed to you, along with the standard release form required by Lazer Kraze. you must bring both with you to the war. If a guardian is transporting you, please let me know, as I require a figure for total head-count in the facility, not just in the arena. Fountain drinks, nachos, and pretzels will be available. The arcade will most likely be available as well.

Special Rules for Day 1

The special rules for nerfing in the laser tag arena are as follows:

Stock darts only, no stefans. No putting glue in the dart heads, no putting bb's in the dart heads, no shoving fishing weights into the backs of dart. If the darts have been modified in any way, they, and their owner, will not be permitted within the arena.

Titans, blast bazookas, and their ilk are also banned, even stock. They are only permitted within the arena provided they fire from 4 or more barrels simultaneously, and cannot fire from less than 4. Home-made blasters are also banned at this time. No blasters firing ballistic balls, or ejecting shells (BuzzBee double shot, RFR, and Clip tek, for example) are permitted. (I don't want anyone tripping, falling down, and breaking something/getting injured.

We will meet at 11pm, go over rules, select teams, and introduce ourselves. The war will start at midnight, after they close for regular business and kick out all the regular customers. We will stop nerfing around 2:45, to clean-up. Capture the Flag is the most common format in this arena, as with respawning, and a simple yell of "Switch Sides!" the next round begins quite quickly. This format ensures that people will get to play pretty much constantly. We're paying to play here, and I seek to maximize the time spent actually playing.

Some nice pics, demonstrating the laser tag arena, and all it's awesome glory. The only source of illumination in the arena comes from black lights, and ambient glow from the many fluorescent obstacles in the arena. my camera fails to properly capture the lighting. Bpso86 will likely post some of his fantastic pictures to supplement my own, less-than-fantastic images.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The best blasters glow like magical weapons, and have the ability to detect enemies in close proximity. Bags, it is a shame that you live so far away.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Valhalla - Day 2

When: April 25th, 9am - 5pm.
Where: Boone Woods, Kentucky. (The Orange Hand extends farther than just Cincinnati. They will eventually envelope the continent. you'll see.) 5894 Veterans Way, Burlington, KY 41005

Days 2 and 3 will allow stefans, and will utilize the much more common nerfing rules, with regard to permitted ammunition, and blasters. No singled Titans, mandatory eye protection, etc. Attendance will not be restricted to these wars, the only cost to use the park is paying to rent the shelter, which I've already procured.

Pics from Boone Woods

Our main arena
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image*
Pennywise added, because it's all I can think of when I look into that tunnel

I believe Bobafan and bpso86 have more images of the rest of the park we have used in the past.

#219012 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 20 March 2009 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

My loyal companion to all Nerf wars, the only blaster I've ever owned which has never broken down on me: Captain Bojangles McPoonsnatch. Her hot-pink, then iridescent glitter, and 3 coats of extra glossy finish were getting a bit worn, and most disappointingly, she did not glow under the black lights in the laser tag arenas, she just appeared all black, drab, and boring. She was deserving of better.

Old Captain Bojangles McPoonsnatch:
Posted Image

Sexy, new Captain Bojangles McPoonsnatch
Posted Image

And ubersexy black light illuminated Captain Bojangles McPoonsnatch
Posted Image

Posted Image
She's shown here alongside what has arguably been the biggest source of inspiration for my projects.

Since we've started playing in the laser tag arena, paint jobs in Cincinnati have begun to change quite a bit.

#217990 Neono

Posted by Twitch on 14 March 2009 - 11:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I will not be present, nor will Cpt. Bojangles McPoonsnatch. She sends her regards.

#215745 Late Ohio Nerf War Recap

Posted by Twitch on 01 March 2009 - 01:49 PM in Nerf Wars

No, it was Donut who was charging, cause he dropped to one leg and did a baseball-slide under the castle to try and tag him.

#215720 Late Ohio Nerf War Recap

Posted by Twitch on 01 March 2009 - 11:24 AM in Nerf Wars

Does no one else remember the hilarity as Haz-Mat tried to climb into the tire swing below the "castle" and climb up inside through the tunnel intended for a 12 year-old, getting stuck, seeing a Zombie rush toward him, tuning his 3k to the zombie, getting it caught on the chain, having all of the darts fall out, seeing the Zombie charge even faster, then nearly shitting himself as the other guy leaped across the "lava", landed next to him, and shot the zombie w/ a Maverick when it was <4" from Haz-Mat?

It may have been one of the most heroic and dramatic saves in Nerf that I will ever witness.

#214146 Neono

Posted by Twitch on 22 February 2009 - 01:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Dust off? In Cincinnati our blasters don't rest long enough to get dusty. Put me down as a "Maybe."

#213961 This Was A Triumph.

Posted by Twitch on 21 February 2009 - 06:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Holy shit, bpso86, those are amazing. You need to take many more pictures like that of the arena. I love the faint ghostly images in a few of them where someone was running through the corridor, etc. Those are simply amazing. I think we need one of someone unloading a Magstrike or Vulcan.

#213931 This Was A Triumph.

Posted by Twitch on 21 February 2009 - 04:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Some more pictures from the war we had last night. (Technically this morning.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Apparently Dr. Manhattan is a member of The Orange Hand, and chose to join us at our Nerf war. His team won many, many times. We're not sure if he was cheating.
Posted Image

And our group picture from the war (a disappointing turnout of only 28 people.)
Posted Image

Has anyone else started working on making their own laser-tag Nerf war?

#212957 This Was A Triumph.

Posted by Twitch on 16 February 2009 - 11:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Everyone is still welcome to sing my praises. The praises of Cincinnati Nerfers would also be acceptable.

#212935 This Was A Triumph.

Posted by Twitch on 16 February 2009 - 10:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm glad so many have been impressed by the Cincinnati group's recent "haven for nerf," if you will.

A few quick points worth making.

- As you can see, long, unobstructed corridors are effectively non-existent. Anything firing farther than 100feet is just wasted energy.

- Stefans are not permitted for a myriad of reason; using only stock darts significantly decreases the chances of a light bulb, or the emergency EXIT signs getting broken. They are required to have an employee (usually the manager) in the arena with us any time a non-employee is in the arena. The absence of stefans prevents a stray shot from striking/annoying the aforementioned manager. They are under no obligation to let us utilize their facility. Maintaining a spotless rapport with the owners and management is critical.

Also, stock arts glow and are therefore incredibly awesome. Seeing a barrage of glowing darts rain down upon you from a recently-unloaded Magstrike is a both harrowing, and awe-inspiring sight. If you are not willing to forgo 15% of your range in exchange for such awesome perks, then I suspect you are in this hobby for the wrong reasons.

- regarding attendance; This is not a war open to the NIC at this time. I am tracking our attendance with great scrutiny. If our average attendance reveals itself to lend room for outsiders, the NIC will of course be notified. In the mean time, I implore you all to heed my advice, and make manifest your own incredibly awesome arena. We spend enough time modifying our toys, why not try and modify an arena?

Lastly, I'm delighted that so many of you got my allusion to the computer game, but for fuck's sake can we keep this thread from turning into a goddamn flame war? I don't care who started it, but if it continues anyone involved will be noted and not permitted to show up at our wars, in the (hopeful) event that we can open it to the NIC.

This thread is intended to serve as a write-up for how to replicate this arrangement on your own. Praise is of course welcome, (I am rather narcissistic , after all) but I'd like to keep the primary content of this thread to pictures and announcements from similar wars. Myself and bpso86 will periodically update the thread with new pictures and video when we acquire our 2nd arena (yes, we have made arrangements for two different facilities. Cincinnati is just that awesome.) I'm hoping Zaxbys will post some stuff when his group has their first war.

On a more positive note, thanks again for all positive enthusiasm, and I wish you the best of fortune in trying to create your own.

#212623 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 15 February 2009 - 10:45 PM in Modifications

My girlfriend's BBB was starting to wear out, and wanted a new one for Valentine's day.

Posted Image

Because of the recent Cincinnati Nerf Group's laser tag arena, fluorescent paint has become rather popular.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Who doesn't want a blaster that glows like some magical weaponry of myth and lore?

#212474 This Was A Triumph.

Posted by Twitch on 15 February 2009 - 04:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Now, here's the part with the motivational-speaking bit come in.

Zaxbys has been inspired to create his own, similar group in his area. I want to see more of these things popping up, as as such, I end this with some talking points used by TOH and myself to create this fantastic organization. Hopefully you too can use these to create your own amazing Nerfclub in a laser tag arena.

First, the owner(s) must be assured that no damage will come to their facility. (This was, as you can imagine, as significant hurdle.) Banning things like singled Titans and their ilk (already common practice amongst many groups) is likely a good idea. expect to bring in a few blasters to show to the owner, and assure them no damages will result. (Our group ha switched to stock-darts only as a safety precaution. No stefans, and actually even Stock Titans have been banned, as as those in charge feel it cold break the long, brittle black lights.)

We are not using their equipment. Which means they don't have to turn on a lot of their equipment in the arena as well. All we the Cincinnati group uses are the black lights, fog machines, and stereo. The arcade is usually turned on, which works to provide additional income from those of us who are out a lot of the time.

Running amok for several hours makes people thirsty, and the concession stands have been kept open.

Because the Nerfing group has a more-or-less clear chain of command (remnant from when we were still on campus) we are self-policing, ans as such, Lazer Kraze keeps minimal staff on duty while we play. Only a store manager, (who changes the CD's for us, turns on the fog machines, etc.) and another employee to operate the concession stands. Only paying wages for 2 employees makes it much easier on the facility, and helps to increase the rather small profit margins they gain from us.

The cost is of course the primary concern. Zaxbys has been able to negotiate an even greater deal with his local facility. The Cincinnati group has been able to charge our members $4/person/week; enough to cover our costs for the night, and build a small surplus usable to pay for the services on a slow night, purchase pizzas for the group, arrange a "free" night, et cetera.

If anyone else manages to start a similar group, please let me know.

If anyone has trouble starting a similar group, please let me know. If I cannot offer any useful advice, then perhaps TOH will, or even the owner of Lazer Kraze. (She has bee incredibly generous to us, and has been able to turn a small profit from us.) She may have advice to offer.

Lastly, a special thanks to those whom assisted me in making this possible: bpso86, The Orange Hand, and Robin, the owner of Lazer Kraze.

#212473 This Was A Triumph.

Posted by Twitch on 15 February 2009 - 04:34 PM in Nerf Wars

And now for some images from around the arena. Unfortunately many of these pictures were taken after I asked the manager to turn on the fog machines, here's some of the better pictures. The flash was used in many pictures, the arena is not nearly as well lit as some of these would suggest.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lastly, there is the soundtrack. Typically assorted techno music is piped into the arena. The owners will play whatever we ask, so long as we provide the CD's. Some have have dreamed dreamed of sneaking around whilst the theme song from Mission Impossible or James Bond is playing, or of rushing with dual-Magstrikes will Highway to the Danger Zone (theme from Top Gun) is blaring. I have made such dreams come true.

#212470 This Was A Triumph.

Posted by Twitch on 15 February 2009 - 04:31 PM in Nerf Wars

As many of you are aware, one of the largest, regularly occurring Nerf groups on this continent was shut-down many months ago.

http://nerfhaven.com...8&hl=Cincinnati

A small, semi-secret organization; The Orange Hand took an interest in Cincinnati, and contacted a few of the old board members of the UC Nerf Club. They have been the driving force behind the recent attempt to reestablish the club. While the effort to return to campus continues, an alternative has been arranged for us by TOH. We have been renting out a Laser Tag facility on a semi-weekly basis. I assure you it is amazing.

Posted Image

I post this not to invite the rest of the NIC, but instead as a business model of sorts, to inspire the rest of you to go and attempt the same thing in your own respective areas. We've been doing this for about five weeks, and have already inspired a 2nd group (lead by Zaxbys) to follow in our path.

TOH was able to negotiate rates for us to rent the facility vastly (80%) below the normal market price. The fire code limits us to 99 people in the arena at any given time, and for that reason we cannot extend an open invitation to the rest of the NIC (The Cincinnati group already has it operating at nearly full capacity; any more and the arena becomes excessively crowded.)

Enough typing for now, I'm sure you like to see some pictures.

Here's about 1/2 of our group. (We had 47 people our first night. Not bad attendance for less than 2 weeks notice.) Three members of TOH were present with us that night, though only one is in the picture. (Center, back, the hand-print shirt.)
Posted Image

The laser tag arena has some fantastic perks, aside from it being available year-round.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Being illuminated exclusively by black lights, and ambient illumination from fluorescent obstacles creates some fantastic visual effects. Color schemes on blasters in Cincinnati are changing very, very quickly.

We've used several different methods to distinguish teams, ranging from long head/arm bands using fluorescent flagging tape and war paint, which is possibly the greatest way to distinguish teams ever conjured.
Posted Image

Many stock blasters glow under the black lights, as demonstrated by the blue Magstrike shown below.
Posted Image
Though my camera failed to capture them, Nerf brand darts (not BuzzBee) glow bright orange under the same illumination. every dart is effectively a trace round, and the place looks like something from Star Wars. We tried having the rule that shots only counted if the firer yelled "PEW PEW PEW" with each shot., but it was difficult to enforce.

One of bpso86's xbows.
Posted Image
I love how it glows like some magical weapon from an Anime cartoon.

#210630 Late Winter Ohio War

Posted by Twitch on 08 February 2009 - 09:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I've a bit of an odd request; if anyone ha any of the new green/orange dart-tag vests from the Hyperfire set, please bring them to the war. Even if you don't want to sell them, I'd like to get a first-hand look at them.

Thanks.

#207219 Late Winter Ohio War

Posted by Twitch on 28 January 2009 - 02:02 PM in Nerf Wars

That's McPoonsnatch. If you spell her name wrong again, she'll become very annoyed with you.

#199504 Late Winter Ohio War

Posted by Twitch on 29 December 2008 - 09:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, put me as a Definite. Likely w/ a +1.

#199332 Late Winter Ohio War

Posted by Twitch on 28 December 2008 - 08:34 AM in Nerf Wars

And the other field, in case it's too big.
(That's what she said)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
There are a handful of paths through the woods that go from one part of the field to the other, in case one wanted to be a bit sneaky.

#199330 Late Winter Ohio War

Posted by Twitch on 28 December 2008 - 08:32 AM in Nerf Wars

I took a few pictures of the arena last summer.

Posted Image

Make a right.

Posted Image
In case you forgot the address.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#198180 Martial Arts?

Posted by Twitch on 22 December 2008 - 09:51 PM in Off Topic

1st Degree Black Belt, Mau Dau Do, 2/21/98.

#192364 Winter Ohio War

Posted by Twitch on 27 November 2008 - 10:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Dammit.

Sorry guys, I'm out. Hopefully I'll see you at the next war.

#191282 Winter Ohio War

Posted by Twitch on 22 November 2008 - 05:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#191258 Winter Ohio War

Posted by Twitch on 22 November 2008 - 01:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Good News:

I just bought a new car; transportation is no longer an issue.

Bad News: My dad and the step-family are having Christmas early, on account of 2 of the step-children having to leave town. I'm not sure how early they mean, and I have an ominous feeling that it's going to be the weekend prior.

Conclusion: I, and my guests, are still a "maybe."

#190047 Winter Ohio War

Posted by Twitch on 16 November 2008 - 03:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Still a "Maybe" status at the moment; I've spent the last 2 days looking at cars and have encountered a few promising prospects. While it appears doubtful that I'll be get one of the Corvettes I was examining, I'll at least be able to get something newer and less likely to give cause monetary mayhem in the near future.

And for what it's worth, though we did meet at a Nerf war, we've been dating for nearly a year now; quite some time earlier than the War in Boone Park.

#189796 Winter Ohio War

Posted by Twitch on 15 November 2008 - 08:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Haz-Matt wasn't going to be there anyway. The +1 I was bringing was my girlfriend, S.Wong. (I think only a few of you may have met her.) After our University of Cincinnati Nerf Club got shut down, the total number of nerfers in Cincinnati has dwindled considerably. No more 90+ participant Nerf wars. I'm going shopping for autos this weekend, hopefully I'll be able to buy what I really want.

#189449 Winter Ohio War

Posted by Twitch on 13 November 2008 - 08:58 AM in Nerf Wars

As of yesterday, my car requires extensive repairs totaling 2.5-3x the car's value. It is currently in no condition to be driven to Columbus. If I can buy a new car before the war, then I'll still see everyone there. If not, then I'll see you folks at the next war. So I guess you can reduce my status from a "Maybe" to a "Tenuous Maybe."

#188709 Winter Ohio War

Posted by Twitch on 10 November 2008 - 10:21 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a "Maybe" +1. +2 if you too count Captain Bojangles McPoonsnatch as a separate entity. It's not as uncommon as you might think.

#181540 Whats Your Target?

Posted by Twitch on 04 October 2008 - 05:49 PM in General Nerf

My targets. (Some of them are just as easy to hit as a stationary vest)
Posted Image
Yeah, that's right, bpso86, you're among them. (Bottom left w/ his green +Bow.)

#174566 University Of Cincinnati Open

Posted by Twitch on 02 September 2008 - 06:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I can't recall seeing any outlets when I was there last time. As for bringing blasters to sell, I'd suspect such a thing would not be a problem.

#173601 Women Who Nerf: Boost Or Decrease Attractiveness?

Posted by Twitch on 30 August 2008 - 06:49 AM in General Nerf

I suspect the group with whom I used to nerf was the only one that had 80 members, and nearly 50% were female. The last 3 girls I dated I met at nerf wars, including my current girlfriend (whom does not have a NH account, doesn't lurk, and won't be reading this). They've always been my preferred "hunting grounds" for women; the gals enjoy the game, but are not (typically) as mechanically inclined as their male counter-parts, so conversations usually followed a nice path of them being impressed with my blaster, asking about it (fantastic conversation starter) and talking and the things went in a ...satisfactory direction, after that.

I also get a huge smile when team are being picked, and I would yell "Everyone with big ol' hooties and vaginas, you're on my team." Then they'd usually chuckle and walk toward me. (They wouldn't be running around a school building with toy blasters at 2am if they didn't have a sense of humor.) Team "Twitch's Bitches" was always my favorite during "The mole" rounds, 'cause then I was never surprised when it was a woman who had betrayed me and shot me in the back.

Edit - in short, yes, I love when there are hot girls on the field. OMC, I'm curious as to why you feel the way you do; what bad turn of events did you witness?