Twitch's Content

There have been 204 items by Twitch (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#239200 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by Twitch on 29 June 2009 - 11:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Video from the war

#238815 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by Twitch on 26 June 2009 - 08:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm excited, I've my car all packed and ready, myself and my cohorts shall be departing here around roughly 5am. See ya tomorrow, everyone.

#238072 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by Twitch on 22 June 2009 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Well you can confirm that you'll be awake and ready to leave at 5am and have Badwrench list you as a definite.

#229219 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by Twitch on 09 May 2009 - 05:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm certainly interested, put me down as a "maybe" until I figure out exactly when the exam will be for the lab I'm taking this summer.

#237718 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by Twitch on 21 June 2009 - 12:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Change my entry to "definite." In addition, I may have up to 3 additional guests, not including Cpt. Bojangles McPoonsnatch.

#273934 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 26 2010

Posted by Twitch on 03 May 2010 - 10:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Apparently I will not be able to attend. I'm scheduled to work that day, and one of the girls is getting married, so all the other tech's will be busy spending 18 hours getting dressed (And as such, no one is available to fill in for me).

#286885 Pow! Halloween

Posted by Twitch on 12 October 2010 - 07:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a "Maybe;" my supply of Yuengling is running low.

#153884 Other Hobbies Aside From Nerfing?

Posted by Twitch on 29 April 2008 - 07:39 PM in Off Topic

My other main hobby, aside from Nerf is welding. I have an acetylene cutting/welding torch, an AC/DC Arc welder, and most recently acquired a MAPP gas torch. As for how I got into nerf, I enjoy the idea of being to apply what I've learned in my various physics and (occasionally) chemistry courses. I'd rather apply it toward my own amusement, rather than let it rot in my brain until I die. I enjoy the opportunity to experiment and see the results every Friday night; and if you're smarter than everyone else, then one acquires a significant tactical advantage.

Oh, I was also surprised by the large percentage (about 40%) of the club that are women.... that's always a nice incentive.

#227069 Ohio Nerf War

Posted by Twitch on 29 April 2009 - 12:57 PM in Nerf Wars

"Nothing gets done?"

I'm still busy editing the 10+ hours of video from Valhalla but once I finish I'll make sure you get to see the error of your ways. I won't reiterate what JediJoe9 already posted, but I will take this opportunity to let you know that Valhalla II should be later this summer. So don't be too upset that you missed one of the greatest wars this year.

*Edit*

Depending on the weekend, I'd be up for a war in Columbus.

#234063 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by Twitch on 02 June 2009 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, as a matter of fact I do need a picture of my Crossbow balanced precariously on a glass 1-liter beer stein and an empty "fody" of Colt 45 malt liquor.
Posted Image

And some pic's w/ the Marv'Salvo attached
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: Alpha-Tango Thunderstrike Slaughter-Falcon Black-Skorpion diddle-Dingo Night-Raven Shark-Jumper Fuck-Hawk 9000 Deluxe.
Mods Done: Level 4 mod, plunger tube replaced, Arrowstrom spring used. The primary barrel is 1/2" cpvc, and intended for firing tag darts. I have a pair of cpvc/PVC threaded couples for switching it to 1/2" PVC for firing stefans from nested petg. I suspect a breech or turret will be added this summer.
Integrations: Marvelous Salvo, and detachable tanks, so I can switch from empty barrels to loaded ones, then (in theory) reload empty barrels during a lull in the battle.
Comments: This is actually the same xbow I posted back on page 2. Basically I hated the paint job, and wanted something eye-raping that would look awesome in the lazer tag arena. bpso86's xbow (featured on page 1) and a BBB painted for my girlfriend a few months ago served as the inspiration for the exact color scheme. Lastly, the Iron Man mask will be getting some lenses from safety glasses installed so I can wear it in the lazer tag arena, and intimidate others with my cold, piercing, mechanical stare.

#151465 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by Twitch on 16 April 2008 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: The Scythe
Mods Done: Level 4 mod, Arrowstorm spring replacement, 1/2" PVC or PETG barrels, (changed as needed) mounted to a cpvc barrel via a coupler. (Tag darts/Stefans)
Integrations: N/A (currently)
Comments: After my university's paper published an article about the University of Cincinnati Nerf Club, a group of architects and engineers read about me, and sought me out for guidance and counsel. They have this annual event where all the students are divided into groups of 3-4, and must construct a bridge able to support the weight of the group. Each year the event has a theme, and they had chosen the (at the time, off air) American Gladiators. They wanted me help to construct a small arsenal of weaponry to be used during their Assault game. As it turned out, one of the architect students had a handful of very old nerf guns. Among them were a broken Arrowstorm, and stock Crossbow.

I found this color scheme to resemble my insignia (emblazoned on the side, above the grip) when viewed from above. At the moment, bungees are not used, I have created a strip of steel angle-bar which I have curved to fit behind the limbs. I'm going to use the steel limbs to attach bungees.

#153582 Odd Water Blaster...

Posted by Twitch on 27 April 2008 - 10:33 PM in Modifications

I found this at the Toy's R Us near my house. It seemed like such a simple device; I think it has some potential.

Posted Image

It's meant to shoot water. One submerges the muzzle (the tiny hole in the front, shown below.)
Posted Image

Then pulls back the handle.
Posted Image

The seal is perfect, and it holds 175ml's (about 6 ounces).

So I glued a 1/2" PVC coupler to the front...
Posted Image

and after trying different barrels, settled on a cpvc barrel.
Posted Image

It's entirely manual powered, and due to the seal, the device cannot be primed if it's loaded (a simple matter to slide back the handle before a dart is loaded.)

Just aim, and shove the handle. I'm only getting about 35feet flat, using tag darts. (I'm not exceptionally strong). I suspect a stefan and PETG barrel combination will get better ranges, but I think the biggest improvement is going to come from slapping a spring inside. (I have not yet opened up the device, it is glued at every joint and does not have screws, near as I can discern.)

It strikes me as an amusing alternative to other simple blasters, and has some potential. With the foam layer removed it has a rather slim profile, which may make it quite fitting for integrations into a primary wth the addition of a notch or other catch mechanism, and a simple trigger.

Posted Image

If anyone else goes in search of one, they were with the pool toys (which at the location near me was separate from water guns, for what that's worth.)

#274627 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Twitch on 12 May 2010 - 08:28 PM in Nerf Wars

"Maybe"

#282547 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Twitch on 09 August 2010 - 01:27 PM in Nerf Wars

A great time once again. Worth the 12 hour drive which I'll certainly make again, especially if Ted is going to be there selling a trunk-full of xbows for $5/each again.

#242036 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Twitch on 15 July 2009 - 10:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a "maybe."

#245514 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Twitch on 04 August 2009 - 07:22 PM in Nerf Wars

An amazing war indeed; it was nice to see another war on the scale I'm used too. I'm currently still in the process of transferring all the obtained video to my computer before I can start the editing process, hopefully I'll be able to get it finished in a few days. As is a common feeling about such large wars, it was fantastic to put faces with so many avatars, names, and the ilk.

#162802 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Twitch on 14 July 2008 - 07:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Updating my status and letting Shindig know he can add another state to the list; myself and bpso86 are from Ohio. We'll be attending and bringing a couple of others with us.

#163832 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Twitch on 23 July 2008 - 09:25 AM in Nerf Wars

*sigh* Long story short, half the group from Cincinnati, Ohio has backed out;(something about not being able to leave until like 6pm Friday) increasing the shared cost for the rest of the group significantly, and making the trip not worth it for the rest of us. Myself, bpso86, and our guests will not be attending.

#161826 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Twitch on 07 July 2008 - 12:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Myself and 1 guest are a maybe.

#131979 Night Finder Hop Up

Posted by Twitch on 10 December 2007 - 09:03 PM in Modifications

A Hop up is not angling the barrel. Hop-up systems are used in paint ball & airsoft guns to increase range. A hop up system adds backspin to the round, causing it to gain lift. (like a sinker in baseball, only it spins in the other direction.)

http://en.wikipedia....i.27s_principle

bottom of the page

http://www.specialop...line_barrel.asp

http://www.airsoft.org/

#251939 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Twitch on 28 September 2009 - 06:54 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a "maybe."

#341374 Nerf Mafia's Last war

Posted by Twitch on 20 August 2014 - 06:29 AM in Nerf Wars

I should be there.

#127875 Nerf Give-away

Posted by Twitch on 28 October 2007 - 08:08 PM in General Nerf

The official rules say you must be between 6 and 15 years old at time of entry.

#166632 Nerf Elimination Game

Posted by Twitch on 04 August 2008 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

My boss has a really good sense of humor and has shown a mild interest in my unique hobby; last Monday was "bring your Vulcan to work day." I think a set of these will fit in nicely at the pharmacy.

#217990 Neono

Posted by Twitch on 14 March 2009 - 11:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I will not be present, nor will Cpt. Bojangles McPoonsnatch. She sends her regards.

#214146 Neono

Posted by Twitch on 22 February 2009 - 01:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Dust off? In Cincinnati our blasters don't rest long enough to get dusty. Put me down as a "Maybe."

#166435 My Vulcan Broke D:

Posted by Twitch on 04 August 2008 - 10:33 AM in General Nerf

Open it up, find out what snapped, and see if you can fix it. Your's isn't the first to break; if the same part keeps breaking on a lot of them, it would be nice to know if a certain part needs to be reinforced. Pictures can only help in diagnosing the exact problem. On a related note, what variations does your Vulcan possess? Apparently some have different coloration regarding the carrying handle, the grip, the name "Vulcan EBF-25" written on the side of the barrel, and coming with black or orange foam sonic darts.

#132866 Modular Ls Undergun System

Posted by Twitch on 17 December 2007 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

That's beautiful! I've been looking for something I could use for one of my own projects, with a similar need. Fantastic idea, I see a future where a small collection of guns all have similar implements, to allow for a modular-integration, if you will. (I don't know about everyone else, I constantly find myself wishing I had a different combination of guns for different game formats/arenas.)

#135363 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 09 January 2008 - 08:15 AM in Modifications

Twitch, that paintjob looks very clean. Not my personal choice or colors though.

I'm just so tired of seeing everyone paint their guns solid black, and I really like the sharp contrast. Also, I've noticed the enemy's aim becomes impaired when they laugh.

#118539 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 06 August 2007 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

My LS, with the side-arm integration...which I oh so badly want to replace with a DtB. the flames are done with some odd iridescent-clear coat. I'm going to paint over it when I get the chance and redo the paint ob because I think the flames currently look like crap. Though in daylight they look awesome, I assure you.

Posted Image[/img]

Posted Image

And my BBB, w/ tactical LED light under the muzzle, and laser level atop. Because it makes me smile.

Posted Image

actually, the laser level actually has some combat use, the vertical line it projects enables me to hold it near the floor, and pan beneath the desks, etc. in the room; bumps in the beam show me where shoes are, and where people are hiding behind furniture.

#141011 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 18 February 2008 - 12:26 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Valentine's gift for the girl I've been dating. (We met at my campus's Nerf war; Green & red are her favorite colors)

#135289 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 08 January 2008 - 09:23 AM in Modifications

Has Anyone posted pictures of a Recon with a new paint job? No? Alright, I guess I'll see what I can do.

Everyone, This is Jules (Winfield.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

My hand cannon
Posted Image
I'll be painting "Bad Mother F*cker" here. If you've seen Pulp Fiction, then you understand.

That's no trick of the camera flash. Yes, I painted the gun hot pink.

I post these with the warning/suggestion to others though; be very careful when painting your Recon. The tolerances on the various pieces that fit together (the base of the stock that clips to the back of the pistol, and the cocking mechanism especially) are apparently close enough that even a single layer of protective felt can make it difficult to work the moving pieces. I glued thin strips of felt on the inside of the cocking mechanism so it wouldn't scratch the paint on the body of the gun. Even after leaving the screws that hold the cocking mech' a few turns loose, I still couldn't cock the thing. As a result, I had to remove the felt strips.
The paint has had days to dry, but here's the result of the blaster being cocked and fired 3 times.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm giving serious consideration to dumping the entire shell in acetone and trying it again with vinyl dye.

P.S. 3 coats of paint, in case someone asks.

#152708 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 22 April 2008 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

Gauntlet Crossbow

Posted Image

#132574 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 15 December 2007 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

Thank you all for the compliments. To answer some questions, cocking the BBB is no different than otherwise
and I hold it pretty much the same way as a normal BBB, except holding a magstrike handle instead of the Bow's foregrip.

The BBB at rest
Posted Image
and primed
Posted Image
The handle of the BBB slides right between the tank-shells of the magstrikes.
While it's not really heavy, it gets tiresome hauling the thing around for four hours, holding it at shoulder height. To fix this problem I'm constructing a wheeled tripod to hold it, so I just push it around the hallways like a mobile artillery installation.

I can even carry The Ruckus along, if so inclined.
Posted Image
The shoulder strap lets it hang right at my waist, so all I have to do is drop my hand to the trigger.

I have decided upon a paint job; each gun will be painted a single color (black, red, green, blue, and yellow) in honor of it's name: Voltron.

As for my inspiration....well,
Posted Image
may have been involved.

And lastly, the sight that seems to send all the tyros running.
Posted Image

Thanks again, and sorry for kinda hi-jacking such a large portion of the page, and if the pictures are blurry/large, et cetera.

#136995 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 23 January 2008 - 05:44 PM in Modifications

The M-NAP: Mobile Nerf Assault Platform.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

A simple concept I admit, but I found it difficult to make holsters for the guns. Now I can use one hand to push these through the halls, and still wield another gun if needed. The next step is a simple one; start placing hooks on the horizontal rings from which to hang extra night finders, mavericks, ammo-bags, et cetera. At the moment, I have only the two gun mounted on it.

Posted Image

P.S. No, the wheels do not squeak.

#132404 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 14 December 2007 - 01:22 PM in Modifications

This thread needs more pictures of mod'ed guns.

My RF20: The Ruckus
That's an air compressor attached to the back. After making extra drums for darts, and modifying the blaster so I can easily load the gun, I wanted a way to easily fill the bladder. The thing can go from completely empty to fully loaded and primed in just under 8 seconds. (great for the zombie-games).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've spliced the compressor into the stock tubing, so I can still use the manual pump if the battery dies in the middle of the games.

Posted Image

After the holidays are over and I have a bit more disposable income, I'm going to ditch the air compressor in place of a 3000psi air tank (Thank you Forsaken_Angel24 for the idea.) and splice a 2nd RF20 after the regulator, so I can dual-wield the beasts. (Thanks to CaptainSlug for this idea.)

And my next "integration." This is just the prototype; if I find it manageable enough, I'm going to replace the zip-ties with various bolts and mechanical fasteners so I can disassemble the gun for easier transport. Each gun will be panted a single color, and it shall be named Voltron.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah, I know Voltron was only 5, but I figure the At3k counts as the sword....

#140081 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 13 February 2008 - 09:40 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#137691 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 29 January 2008 - 09:26 AM in Modifications

BBB + RF20
The gun's name is Dunkel, but I'm not sure what to call the modification/integration.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#124531 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 30 September 2007 - 11:21 AM in Modifications

My Disc Shot, not a lot done to the internals, just AR removal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

and my current Primary: Cpt. Bojangles McPoonsnatch
Posted Image
Posted Image

2 coats of mat black base coat, 2 coats of hot pink, 2 coats of iridescent glitter paint, and 2 coats of extra glossy finish. The enemy is usually laughing, and it hinders their aim. Plus they feel emasculated, getting hit by such a blaster.

Posted Image

#136999 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 23 January 2008 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

Twitch, as rediculous as that is...that is seriously awesome.

I LOVE modding like this. Screw being clean and all that. Duct tape shit together...chicken wire...you name it. It's probably downright useless outdoors, but I can see that thing being DEADLY in a hallway. Especially if you took some cardboard and covered the wire areas leaving holes for barrels so you'd be shielded.

Thanks, Falcon. I was going to wrap the thing in chicken wire so it would be less...dart permeable, but the group with which I normally play has the standing rule that the weapon(s) one is wielding in their hand(s) can act as a shield; if I do anything else to make it into a tank, they'll just rise up against me, stage a foam-laden coup (I'm the group's Vice-President), and ban my delightful toys.

It would not be the first time modifications were banned because of my ingenuity/madness.