Twitch's Content

There have been 204 items by Twitch (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#251939 Nerf-o-ween

Posted by Twitch on 28 September 2009 - 06:54 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a "maybe."

#250697 Columbus War 1.1

Posted by Twitch on 17 September 2009 - 02:56 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a "maybe."

#250654 Yet Another Cincinnati Nerf War

Posted by Twitch on 16 September 2009 - 07:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be at least a few hours late, but I should make it in time for a few rounds.

#247880 Boone Woods, Sunday, August 30th

Posted by Twitch on 20 August 2009 - 07:07 PM in Nerf Wars

War starts at 9am, the staging area will be the shelter I have reserved, at the base of the hill which houses the fort.

5874 Veterans Way
Burlington, KY

In case you are unfamiliar with the fantastic arena

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We will of course be using the other arenas available, I just don't have pic's of those arenas at this time.

All the standard rules I typically enforce; no singled Titans, blast bazookas, Ultimators, or anything of the ilk. I will not be testing them, I don't care if they are not plugged. Don't bring them. Same goes for dark blasters. If you intend to bring a PAS or RFDG, I suggest you render it brightly colored beforehand. I do not care if it is the stock coloring. Wrap it in brightly colored electrical tape or something if you object to painting it.

That aside, see you there.

#247116 Valhalla 2

Posted by Twitch on 15 August 2009 - 11:17 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm sorry, everyone. Valhalla 2 is gonna have to wait until next spring. I ended up scheduling everything too late in the season, and way too few people are able to attend any of the given wars. Additionally the Lazer Kraze facility would end up costing like $15/person at this point, and the war there would be earlier in the evening, when too many people would still be at work.

#246066 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 08 August 2009 - 12:24 AM in General Nerf

Too drunk to talk? Who the hell would make that assumpti- oh...Okay, I can see how some people might think that after having... met me.

In any case, great job on getting that episode edited and uploaded so quickly.

#245514 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Twitch on 04 August 2009 - 07:22 PM in Nerf Wars

An amazing war indeed; it was nice to see another war on the scale I'm used too. I'm currently still in the process of transferring all the obtained video to my computer before I can start the editing process, hopefully I'll be able to get it finished in a few days. As is a common feeling about such large wars, it was fantastic to put faces with so many avatars, names, and the ilk.

#244176 Valhalla 2

Posted by Twitch on 27 July 2009 - 02:48 PM in Nerf Wars

disregard

#244175 Valhalla 2

Posted by Twitch on 27 July 2009 - 02:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Valhalla 2 will be Auguest 27th through the 30th. Some time next spring.

I'm sorry, everyone. Valhalla 2 is gonna have to wait until next spring. I ended up scheduling everything too late in the season, and way too few people are able to attend any of the given wars. Additionally the Lazer Kraze facility would end up costing like $15/person at this point, and the war there would be earlier in the evening, when too many people would still be at work.

#243419 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 23 July 2009 - 09:04 PM in General Nerf

Episode 8 is complete and available for download.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=34ZTDOZW

From all of us here at WFYL The FaIL, hope you enjoy.

For reference and clarification;

The t-shirt designed by Bags mentioned in the podcast
http://www.zazzle.co...914964676161935

and the "Welcome to the Internet" image mentioned as well
http://i91.photobuck...THEINTERNET.jpg

#242036 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Twitch on 15 July 2009 - 10:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a "maybe."

#241709 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 13 July 2009 - 10:45 AM in General Nerf

Video from Badwrench's war mentioned in the podcast, demonstrating the game variant "Li'l Berserker."

And the picture referenced when Langley was asked "who's crossbow is that?"
Posted Image

We here at WFYL - THE FAIL Wouldn't wanna leave you guys outta the loop.

*Thnx, Langley*

#240747 The Split Shot

Posted by Twitch on 07 July 2009 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

I just found one of these at a thrift store a couple weeks ago; I've additional pictures of the internals and plunger assembly.

Posted Image

I'm not sure if mine is stock though I suspect not, because of how strong the spring is. The stock barrels are a very tight fit for tag darts, equivalent to 1/2" cpvc. Ranges for mine are about 40+5 feet. Which I found not really impressive, until I saw the size of the plunger tubes.

Posted Image

Your purple one appears to have similar sized plunger tubes, what sort of ranges are you getting with the stock spring?

#239200 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by Twitch on 29 June 2009 - 11:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Video from the war

#238963 Elhanw: Eh, Let's Have A Nerf War.

Posted by Twitch on 27 June 2009 - 10:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Myself, Cpt. Bojangles McPoonsnatch, and Alpha-Tango Thunderstrike Slaughter-Falcon Black-Skorpion diddle-Dingo Night-Raven Shark-Jumper Fuck-Hawk 9000 Deluxe would like to be listed under the "maybe" catergory. I may have an additional guest as well.

#238815 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by Twitch on 26 June 2009 - 08:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm excited, I've my car all packed and ready, myself and my cohorts shall be departing here around roughly 5am. See ya tomorrow, everyone.

#238072 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by Twitch on 22 June 2009 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Well you can confirm that you'll be awake and ready to leave at 5am and have Badwrench list you as a definite.

#237718 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by Twitch on 21 June 2009 - 12:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Change my entry to "definite." In addition, I may have up to 3 additional guests, not including Cpt. Bojangles McPoonsnatch.

#237644 Darkshot/father Time Invitational

Posted by Twitch on 20 June 2009 - 03:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Great war, guys. I'll probably start editing video Monday, damn there were some awesome things I hope I caught on the action cam.

I'm delighted to see how well my crossbow did, I'll hopefully have it finished in time for the next war.

#235886 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 12 June 2009 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

It seems many of you have failed to understand how Nerf blasters should really be painted to appear. Eye-raping color schemes are a must.

My girlfriend's at3k as it appears under normal lighting
Posted Image

And how it appears illuminated in the laser tag arena
Posted Image

#234944 Darkshot/father Time Invitational

Posted by Twitch on 08 June 2009 - 08:52 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a "maybe." I'm also absolutely delighted to see some of the other Cincinnati nerfers organizing wars. I'm not sure which field you plan on using, but I have a plethora of pictures of Rapid Run Park.

Site A
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Site B
Posted Image
If you plan to use Site B, I suggest you tape a banner over the sign so it reads "Battlefields" for the day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#234063 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by Twitch on 02 June 2009 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, as a matter of fact I do need a picture of my Crossbow balanced precariously on a glass 1-liter beer stein and an empty "fody" of Colt 45 malt liquor.
Posted Image

And some pic's w/ the Marv'Salvo attached
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: Alpha-Tango Thunderstrike Slaughter-Falcon Black-Skorpion diddle-Dingo Night-Raven Shark-Jumper Fuck-Hawk 9000 Deluxe.
Mods Done: Level 4 mod, plunger tube replaced, Arrowstrom spring used. The primary barrel is 1/2" cpvc, and intended for firing tag darts. I have a pair of cpvc/PVC threaded couples for switching it to 1/2" PVC for firing stefans from nested petg. I suspect a breech or turret will be added this summer.
Integrations: Marvelous Salvo, and detachable tanks, so I can switch from empty barrels to loaded ones, then (in theory) reload empty barrels during a lull in the battle.
Comments: This is actually the same xbow I posted back on page 2. Basically I hated the paint job, and wanted something eye-raping that would look awesome in the lazer tag arena. bpso86's xbow (featured on page 1) and a BBB painted for my girlfriend a few months ago served as the inspiration for the exact color scheme. Lastly, the Iron Man mask will be getting some lenses from safety glasses installed so I can wear it in the lazer tag arena, and intimidate others with my cold, piercing, mechanical stare.

#231823 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 22 May 2009 - 08:08 AM in General Nerf

We'll be trying Bobafan's NIB Blaster Bonanza game format at Valhalla 2, which will be at least 3 days. So I'm not really worried about it getting boring, since there will be more traditional war formats going on multiple days immediately preceding/following.

#230671 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 16 May 2009 - 08:44 PM in General Nerf

Oh I know about Clarkson's dramatic pause, it's probably the most famous... in the world. I just didn't recall him using it in the usual introduction.

#230653 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 16 May 2009 - 08:02 PM in General Nerf

BritNerfMogul, I am glad to learn you're one of those with wisdom sufficient to separate their realistically painted blasters from those used in public areas. If the other nerfers I have seen at wars made the same decisions, things would be that much better. I apologize if I offended you. Your name was mentioned for two reasons. The first being, as Badwrench stated, that you do fantastically detailed work, and the fact that you put a great deal of effort into the workpiece is obvious; naming your work would immediately call to mind the type of things which have caused (and I suspect will continue to cause) so much strife and concern. Your work was also some of the more recently posted, and fresh in the memory of others. Your work was used only as the most readily available sample, not because I harbor any ill-feelings toward you.

All the above goes for, Tigadee as well. (On the premise that he leaves his darker instruments at home.)

On a lighter note, my Clarkson-voice I'm sure was not exceptional, though I feel I made a valiant attempt at the inflection and tone he uses. I did not attempt an accent, as I'm positive it would've been horrendous.

On a related note, BritNerfMogul, have do ever painted any blasters in "eye-raping color schemes?" I'm sure they'd be quite the sight to behold.

#230016 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 13 May 2009 - 03:30 PM in General Nerf

Whoo! I'm the one in Maine! Now who in India, Turkey, and China has been listening to NERF?

Apparently word of my brilliance has spread farther than I had expected.

#229778 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 12 May 2009 - 09:33 AM in General Nerf

As an addendum to my rant about my dealing with UC administration, I wish to supplement my rant with a small portion I forgot to include.

One of the more frustrating points when dealing with Dean Dan Cummings was when he brought up Virginia Tech in the meeting, as though our group and others like it were in some way partly to blame.

His decision to do so is simply shameful; to associate our harmless hobby with something so terrible. For god's sake, we would have been lucky if Mr Cho has brought a Nerf gun to campus. If only he'd brought a Nerf gun to campus. There would have been shedding of neither blood nor tears. The sounds of gunfire and woe would have been replaced with the sounds of laughter echoing through the halls.

I apologize for the added supplement; in dealing with the UC administration, I've found a few things to be simply amazing. The decisions and reasons for banning kids from playing with toys on campus has been quite heartbreaking. I hope that the other nerfing groups that play on university campuses are able to avoid the same abuse the UC club received.

On a less dour note; Groove, they really should have you back on to share more war stories.

Mr. Badwrench, will the rednecks be allowed to use shotgunned Titans at the Rednecks Vs. Zombie format?

#229219 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by Twitch on 09 May 2009 - 05:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm certainly interested, put me down as a "maybe" until I figure out exactly when the exam will be for the lab I'm taking this summer.

#228535 Ls Scope + Action Cam

Posted by Twitch on 06 May 2009 - 02:40 PM in Modifications

Documenting nerf wars has always been a fantastic idea, but it's usually a massive hassle to designate someone to walk around with a camcorder; the individual is always forced to stay at a distance, and stay out of combat, they're usually just wandering semi-aimlessly. bpso86 had plans to construct a mounting bracket for his digital camcorder and +Bow, but why risk such an expensive piece of equipment? Coupled with the significant weight would make the blaster unwieldy. With more than a bit of help from a few of the nerfers in the IRC chat* I found a fantastic solution.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The model acquired accepts up to 4GB SD cards (shown above). The Audio quality is less than perfect, when it's mounted to my at3k, it picks up basically whatever I say, and little else. When it's inside the LS scope, all audio is basically irrelevant. The Video quality seems quite acceptable, and once I finish editing the 10+ hours of video I recorded during Valhalla, you'll all get an opportunity to see the video quality for yourselves. The camera weighs about 1/2 a pound (with batteries) and did not negatively effect my ability to wield the blaster to which it was attached.

More pictures of the product:
Posted Image
I've installed the rear lens from the LS into the front so as to protect the camera lens in the highly unlikely event that a stefan with exposed BB were to strike the camera head on.

Posted Image
The hatch allows me to easily operate the device without the need to disassemble the scope. The buttons and operating screen (The camera does not possess a viewfinder) are quite durable. The hatch actually does more to try and make the apparatus look stock than anything else.

Posted Image
The rear lens is absent, and after cutting down the back end of the scope, allows me to exchange SD cards between a round without having to disassemble the device, which is fantastic.

I've quite a bit of video acquired while the Action Cam was mounted to my at3k, and when it was inside the LS scope (which creates a rather amusing image, of rounded corners, reminiscent of the opening to a James Bond movie.

For those interested; here is the model I acquired.

http://www2.oregonsc...scid=14&pid=895

They have a few different models and bundled packs, for what that's worth.

It comes with multiple mounting implements, so one can easily mount the blaster to a helmet, use the Velcro straps, mounting bracket for a bicycle, rubber strap, the tri-pod (the model I have apparently will also function as a web-cam) or even create their own mounting implement.

If you are curious as to just how durable the device is, I suggest this video (located by Aimless)

Yes, I know the camera only weighs like 1/2 a pound, so its terminal velocity isn't going to be incredibly high, and it's landing on grass... but I'd be impressed to learn that most digital camcorder could take a fall from almost 2000 feet and not even flinch. I feel confident it can take a hit from a stefan and it would be fine.

I have acquired 3 4GB SD cards, allowing me to record roughly 6 hours of video at the highest frames/second and resolution. Switching cards every couple hours allows me to record effectively the entire war, though I admit that at least 1/3 of the video I recorded is of the clear blue sky...and not because I was looking for birds.

*IRC chat

http://embed.mibbit....23nerfchat

P.S.

On the related topic of "Tools for Nerf Wars," and because it's definitly not worthy of its own thread, I'll post this instrument here:
Posted Image
Quite useful for organizing vast quantities of nerfers at a war; it's like herding cats whenever there are 60+ nerfers at a war.

#228299 Dcno Spring 2009

Posted by Twitch on 05 May 2009 - 03:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me and Cpt. Bojangles McPoonsnatch down as "maybe."

#227714 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 02 May 2009 - 07:17 PM in General Nerf

He never asked Groove out; it was a comment he made after the 1st DCNO that he, myself, and my gf attended, which was ripe with poorly chosen phrases and sig'd by a fellow nerfer; slighlty envious of the abilities of another.

#227389 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 30 April 2009 - 10:08 PM in Nerf Wars

The pictures I posted above of the group shots from days 1 and 3 are all I have. the pic from Day 2 was lost somehow (which is really annoying, to type the least.) Everything else I recorded was video on the Action Cam. I should have a video up by the end of the weekend maybe. I've a crucial essay due early next week which takes precedence.

#227069 Ohio Nerf War

Posted by Twitch on 29 April 2009 - 12:57 PM in Nerf Wars

"Nothing gets done?"

I'm still busy editing the 10+ hours of video from Valhalla but once I finish I'll make sure you get to see the error of your ways. I won't reiterate what JediJoe9 already posted, but I will take this opportunity to let you know that Valhalla II should be later this summer. So don't be too upset that you missed one of the greatest wars this year.

*Edit*

Depending on the weekend, I'd be up for a war in Columbus.

#226494 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 27 April 2009 - 09:53 AM in Nerf Wars

Group picture from day 1
Posted Image

Posted Image

Group picture from day 3
Posted Image

lolNerfers?
Posted Image

I'm a little sorry, Joe; the picture was begging for it.
Posted Image

Guys, I'll stat editing through the 8+ hours of footage as soon as I have time. I was looking at random clips last night to test the quality, I think the outdoor footage will be great. Inside the dark arena... not to much.

#225974 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 25 April 2009 - 10:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Badwrench, the blooper reel is probably going to be a compilation of the like 3/4 of all my footage;which is basically me pointing the camera in the air, and flinching from getting shot in the shins by bpso86. As well as copious amounts of footage detailing the respawning areas utilized in Lazer Kraze. If anyone wants to know what the orange./blue spawn point look like, I think I've got like 90+ minutes of footage of said areas. At this pint I'm just transferring all the video and pictures oy my desktop, and clearing space on the SD cards so I can film tomorrow's wars. I expect the HvZ at Dunham to be just as incredible as last time. I'm going to need every empty byte of space I can find to capture all the Effeminate saves, et cetera.

I'll see you guys in like... 7 hours for the final events of Valhalla. Goddamn this has been a fucking Effeminate weekend thus far. I can only hope the weather tomorrow is as pristine as it was today, I;'m not sure a nerf war has been privy to such fantastic weather before this weekend.

#225436 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 24 April 2009 - 09:12 AM in Nerf Wars

The rules for shields vary a bit, as some of the rules were conjured before I joined the group, and before I sort of became the guy in charge.

To answer the question in short, BW, the disc you have mounted on the front would not be permitted as a shield. If you are using the disc instead as a support bracket, you'll need to demonstrate that without it, the barrels are excessively loose, flimsy, and would most certainly break off.For more detailed rules regarding shields, please read below.

In the Lazer Tag arena, the blaster/sword in your hand may be used to deflect attacks. Only the instrument your hand, (If they hit a pistol stowed away in a holster, your out.) and only portions of the blaster which either were intended/constructed by Hasbro to be part of (or potentially part of) the blaster, or are critical parts to the function of the blaster. This is to say that the LS frontgun, or the recon's various accessories, when attached (to either blaster, actually) are treated as part of the blaster for deflection purposes. A new barrel counts as well. Shoulder straps do not count, neither do cosmetic accessories not conjured by Hasbro. Paint serves as an extension of whatever it is on.

For example, a person holding a Longshot with the recon barrel, and the Mission Kit flashlight on the rail, and a shoulder strap. The wielder can deflect shots with the main blaster, the clips (as long as they are in the blaster), and the flashlight. If they are hit in the shoulder strap, they are out.

I have a pink Big Salvo (I know, you're surprised at this shocking news.) named peace Maker. Peace maker also has a pair of white/pink (fake) roses mounted on the side. If the main body of the blaster is struck, I'm fine. If the flowers are struck, I'm out.

The foam shields available at TrU and Walgreens are permitted, but they have a couple restrictions; they must be fluorescent, and when wielding a shield, you may only utilize melee weapons.

At outdoors wars, rules regarding shields and deflecting incoming projectiles are the same as at the majority of wars; Manta only, gun hits count, etc.

That said, I'm pumped, and can't wait. This weekend is gonna rock.

*edit*

There are 2 Lazer kraze facilities. We will be playing at the one next to King's Island, not the one in Erlanger, KY. (The Kentucky war is Saturday.)

Address:

3187 Western Row
Maineville, OH

When you reach the exit, which is the same exit for King's Island, take a right at the first light (if you're taking 71-N). There will be a gas station (A Sunoco, I believe) and a strip mall behind it. Lazer Kraze resides in that strip mall, in the corner.

#225168 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 22 April 2009 - 09:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh don't worry, I have plans to make it modular.
Posted Image

Actually, VACC, I expect the majority of the footage to be of the sky, as I continually leave the field to count. All the more reason to have it modular, as that permits me to pass it around to trusted nerfers, and get footage while I'm out.

#224994 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 22 April 2009 - 01:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Guys, this:
Posted Image
just arrived today. I'm gonna swing by a store on my way to work and pick up a couple more SD cards. If I'm careful with the On/Off button, I should be able to record damn-near the entire war. (At least the entire war as seen through the eyes of Cpt. Bojangle McPoonsnatch."

#224620 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 20 April 2009 - 08:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Only 18 tickets remaining.

*edit*

If I'm lucky, the new "Action Cam" should arrive with enough time to test/prepare it for action. I'll be delighted if I get to debut the device at Valhalla and record all 3 days.

#224089 Valhalla

Posted by Twitch on 16 April 2009 - 10:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, Vistagecko, that' fantastic. The promise of a "nerfy fire" is almost enough to make me shrug off my own comfy bed, grab a tent, and join you guys. I'm glad you will be able to stay for the entire weekend and provide a temporary domicile for others.

And on a side note, in case you were not sure if you are able to drive to the war, I offer this small graphic (map's acquisition assisted by Ice9.)
Posted Image
If you are in the red zone I expect to see you there.