OfAllTheNerf's Content

There have been 504 items by OfAllTheNerf (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#154268 My First Contribution.

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 02 May 2008 - 04:16 PM in Modifications

Definitely reinforce it, but other than that it looks nice. Personally I would have made one barrel mega and one micro if you had the barrel selector, but like you said you didn't.

-OfAll'

#153891 Other Hobbies Aside From Nerfing?

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 29 April 2008 - 07:45 PM in Off Topic

I juggle, but Nerf has been taking up most of my free time lately. I do sports etc., but nothing else unusual. Oh, and M:tg during the summer and vacations.

Usually the hobby which I can participate in most frequently with other people ends up taking over my free time.

-OfAll'

#153671 "alternate Fire Modes"

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 28 April 2008 - 04:06 PM in General Nerf

Then learn a second, in case the first one breaks.

That should cover everything you need.

How did you ever make the trigger work?

Anyways, this all seems pretty pointless. I agree with Cmdrmack and CS.

-OfAll'

#153300 Removable Shotgun Mod.

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 26 April 2008 - 08:03 PM in Modifications

Nice, and by the looks of it it's a slip coupler (?). I would also be interested in ranges, especially on the Big Blast.

-OfAll'

#153298 Disk Shooter Mod

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 26 April 2008 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

Interesting, definitely different from the common type of write-upable gun.

Good job, disks are always fun for indoors.

-OfAll'

#153293 Big Blast Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 26 April 2008 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

Different types of guns, or more extensive and ‘insane’ write-ups (may take longer)? Any suggestions are welcome.

Just mod what you've got the way you want it. Posting writeups is nice but not nearly as important as having your guns how you want them.

Nice job. I usually don't like the "snub-nose" Big Blasts but yours looks pretty decent. The paintjob's good too. I'd probably make the trigger a different color to break up the blue but it's not going to be noticeable with your finger over it anyway.

And I tell everyone this, but reinforce the trigger. Especially since you plugged the pump. You could make a new trigger or just find a way to make the stock one stronger but either way, the stock one is shit. I've had two of them snap on me during wars and it's really annoying.

Good stuff.

I like your advice. Since the people who have replied like the write-ups anyways, I'll probably stick to what I want. As for the trigger, I came to the same conclusion after painting, I should've gone all black, but I'm not going to take the time to open it up again- as you said my finger will be over it.

As for the trigger, it is pretty bad. My friend broke two of his last weekend, so I'm going to figure out a way to reinforce these things. Do you know where it usually breaks (he didn't open it up)?

Thanks,

-OfAll'

#153290 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 26 April 2008 - 07:27 PM in Off Topic

Also, it sounds like I'm an ambassoder or ranked highly when adding "Mr." :P

No it doesn't. But I picked the name Bomberman because I always used to play Bomberman. When I found the site, one of the first memebers I saw was Captain Slug, so I was like, (! I have to get that avatar!). Later on, I found out it was custom to CS. :( And, I draw comics, and my little logo is a little bomb with eyes. And twitch, I have a nuerological disorder to, terret syndrome. Or, tics. My folks are making me quit modding, because the fumes, and ahesives, are just about the worst thing for me. One of my tics is a type of twitch, but they're usually facial.

OOOOOkay man TMI (jk). Can relate though. BTW it's spelled Tourette.

As for my name, I asked my dad what he thought would be a good name, and so it is.

-OfAll'

#153289 Big Blast Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 26 April 2008 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

This is kinda the same as slugs but with cpvc then... Nice job on the mod.

True... But there have been plenty of big blast PVC coupler write-ups, what makes slug's special is the hex coupler he used and the way he attached it.

Thank you nonetheless.

Green, Thank you. I will check out your sales thread though... :P.

-OfAll'

#153285 Big Blast Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 26 April 2008 - 07:21 PM in Modifications

Now once a week (Just so I can keep it going)!

DON'T POST UNTIL IT'S DONE. THERE WILL BE A FINISHED PRODUCT PICTURE.

The Big Blast.

Posted Image

Unscrew everything, and then cut the orange piece at the front at the seem (do the same on the top). If you'll be doing the minimization as shown in this write-up you won't have to worry about how it looks after cutting.

Posted Image

Open it up.

Posted Image

Take out the internals and take a look at the barrel.

Posted Image

Cut the barrel off at the very bottom of the white piece (the one which goes over the black barrel) with a cutting disk.

Posted Image

Then sand the remains of it down.

Posted Image

Now grab a 1/2" PVC and CPVC coupler. If you have ones which resemble mine (from Home Depot), then it should work. Take the CPVC and shove the end without the little tab into the PVC coupler. It'll be tight, but it should stay. I've found that stepping on the CPVC coupler while it's in the PVC one smashes it in nicely. Don't push it in too far however, as it would make it extremely hard to put it/remove a CPVC barrel. Shave down the end of the CPVC coupler.

Posted Image

Now glue (Goop/Epoxy) the CPVC-coupler-end onto the firing chamber.

Posted Image

If you'd like to minimize it to make it easier to load/remove barrels, cut here (if not, don't). You don't have to keep the grip- you could just keep going along the wall, but I have big hands and like the extra surface area (sorry for the crappy MSPaint picture).

Posted Image

Also shave down this wall to allow the new coupler to fit (or just rip it apart with some pliers).

Posted Image

Now you have to shave down the front wall to allow room for the coupler. Start shaving the wall down, and then place the internals in to see if they fit. Continue like this until it fits, and if you were careful and patient enough, it should be seamless. Do the same for the other side of the shell.

Posted Image

Now take out the pump and look at the head.

Posted Image

And plug that hole up with hot glue.

Posted Image

Finished internals (with e-tape over the coupler).

Posted Image

I put hot glue in these places to stop the whole assembly from moving around while pumping/removing barrels.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You’ve been telling me I need to start painting, I think it’s quite sexy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ranges are Big Blast ranges. For those who really need to know it will get atleast 100’ flat. I’ve heard rumors of 140’ and lies of 400, but I personally can’t vouch for either and probably won’t take the time to actually measure (rolling out 2 100’ tape measures is a pain). All I can tell you is it gets all you’ll need if it’s allowed. These things are definitely great primaries.

Since I’m planning to make write-ups frequently, I’d like to ask you what you all think. How do you think my write-ups could be improved? Different types of guns, or more extensive and ‘insane’ write-ups (may take longer)? Any suggestions are welcome.

Other than that, Questions? Comments?

-OfAll’

#153257 The Bright Fluff 20

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 26 April 2008 - 03:36 PM in Modifications

Weh-ell, isn't this...interesting? Jeez dude, adding a flashlight would make sense if it was a Nitefinder, but a Rapid Fire 20? And, uh, toilet paper. Toilet paper. TOILET PAPER?! Oh, just brilliant. This'll get added to the directory for sure.

EDIT: Also, Kanashimi, you know you went "1., 2., C.," right?

Let sn1per die.

#153251 "steampunk" Longshot

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 26 April 2008 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

As for the legendary know thing, he either bought it off of someone who busted it or had bought the legendary edition and didn't feel like keeping it. Most likely bought it on eBay, and just checked, there's someone selling the whole thing for $35. Wow I can't believe I bought it for $120 when it first came out.

Nerf Longshot: $20
Random Pipeing and Knobs: $10
Paint: $15
Getting someone to buy it for $450: Priceless.

Screwing people over is priceless, for everything else theres Mastercard.

MMMMHm...

Edit: My god he even painted the darts...

#153245 The Bright Fluff 20

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 26 April 2008 - 03:01 PM in Modifications

Ooh, this mod should be called the Flashy Crap Wiper.

Anyways, I too don't see any point in this. I guess adding toilet paper would make the grip more comfortable but... If people really wanted it more comfy they would add foam or whatever was at their disposal...

Not to sound harsh...

Badger: Baseball Bat plx?

#153233 "steampunk" Longshot

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 26 April 2008 - 01:46 PM in Modifications

Okay, so people make things look old by painting it and adding copper/brass piping + some random nobs/chains/shit? Kinda weird if you ask me. Cool looking, but weird.

Anyways, that longshot looks pretty intense in any case.

#152976 Reactor Modification.

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 24 April 2008 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

Wow, lots of replies.

NF: Thank you. It is now a rather good gun, and good for lending out.

Chili: Thank you.

Swords: Yes, I know, it's odd but it does get remarkably good range.

MSDFS: Yeah, I guess not, but I'm going to constrain them to once a week, just do I don't run out :blink:. And yes, the spring is extremely weak, and only pushed the balls up against a rubber stopper which provides pressure as you pump the gun (push and pull).

Galaxy: Thank you. It's a push and pull gun, pull out to 'cock' and push to fire.

el swifto: Thank you. I know that I embedded that wrong, as I said in my PS, but I can't edit it now because I went over the picture limit.

Nerfer: Thank you :P. I need to start making bigger and "badder" write-ups to "claim the title". /daydreaming. As for ramrodding, due to the hot glue I put through the hole you can't ramrod it too far. If you want to be able to rear-load it just don't put the hotglue there and remove the barrel every time. You might lose some range though, I've found 11" is perfect.

Forsaken: Thank you. I also like how it can still fire balls, good for outdoors and indoors. As for the ramrodding, everyone should be careful, if you push it in too aggressively it might break off.

Bomberman: Thanks. I try :P.

el swifto: I do have to ramrod it because I put the hotglue in the barrel, but refer to my reply to N34.

Salmon: Good headsup. Thank you btw.

Thanks,

-OfAll'

#152823 Reactor Modification.

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 23 April 2008 - 07:33 PM in Modifications

Well, my friends have remarked on my lack of a recent write-up, and a lot of you have said that you’d like a “creative” write-up, so here goes…

DO NOT POST UNTIL IT IS FINISHED.

The Reactor.

Posted Image

Open it up (you really only need to open the back part).

Posted Image

Now take out the barrel-thing. Lets look at the top part.

Posted Image

Take a pair of needle-nosed pliers and twist that orange piece out. This is the part which, powered by the spring, pushed the balls towards the front allowing them to shoot.

Posted Image

Now take some wire cutters and cut all the pegs which attach the vented part to the outer rim.

Posted Image

Punch it out, and then sand the remainders of the pegs off.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now it’s time to get a Big Blast missile with the intention of destroying it. I’m sure copper pipe insulation would work to. Anyways, rip the fins off.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now cut an inch of the end off, or about half of what you can see (the part with the hole in it, which conveniently slips over CPVC very well), and then cut the rest of it off. Cut a slit through the second part; it will go around the first length so it will fit snugly under the orange piece. However, it won’t fit all the way around, so rip open the rest of the missile.

Posted Image

Interestingly, it has this rubber piece at the front for weight. Anyways, the hollow part continues up, so cut another length and then cut it lengthwise to fit over the whole piece. I know all of this probably didn’t make any sense without pictures (I forgot :unsure:), so here’s what it should look like.

Posted Image

Glue those pieces together, and then glue them into the orange ball-pusher piece.

Posted Image

Be sure to line all the seams with glue at the back.

Posted Image

Then replace the spring and orange piece you just finished.

Posted Image

Now flip it around and look at the back. Punch out the AR-like piece, and cut down the orange tube.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now start sanding out the hole until it’s big enough for a CPVC coupler to fit. Somewhere along the way this (http://img98.imagesh...ture1428rz5.jpg ) piece will fall off, which in turn allows the rubber plunger head to fall off, but it can be super glued back on later. After it’s big enough, cut a 13” long CPVC barrel and put it through the front part. Attach the CPVC coupler to it at the end, and push the coupler about half way through the end black piece (the piece you drilled a hole for the coupler). This is to ensure it’s straight.

Posted Image

Now glue the coupler in, and carefully take out the barrel. After it’s dry, suplerglue the plunger head back on.

Then cut a very thin piece of the missile, and glue it on to the end of the coupler. This acts as padding when you fire the gun.

Posted Image

All that’s left to do is make the barrel the right length. Since you can’t make it any shorter while keeping it removable, I figured something else out. I found that 11” is the ideal barrel length, so mark it on the barrel, and drill at the mark.

Posted Image

Now squirt some hotglue through the hole, this will stop the dart from going any farther down the barrel.

Posted Image

Make sure that the glue on the outside of the barrel doesn’t protrude to far, it would make loading the dart barrel harder.

Finished internals.

Posted Image

Because the barrel is 13” long, some of it sticks out the front while it’s in, making it easily removable.

Posted Image

I also glued three dart holders on the side:

Posted Image

Posted Image

There you go! A Reactor which shoots balls and darts. Just slide the barrel through the foam piece at the front, and push it into the coupler. It would be hard to change to the dart barrel in the middle of combat, but atleast it’s possible. Range with balls are about 10-15’ without ball roll, and darts consistently clear 65’, some landing as high as 85’, mainly depending on the dart. The majority of mine landed at around 75’.

That’s going to be it for about a week, although I have another write-up pictured. I have a ton of school work and games, so uploading pics is kinda’ hard.

Questions, Comments?

-OfAll’

PS, I just realized I forgot to properly embed one of the URLs, but if you really want to see it just copy and paste.

#152821 Foamslinger

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 23 April 2008 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Damnit!
I was going to do this.
I'll go cry in my corner like a good emo kid.

EDIT: Just kiddin', good job.

Noncomforming as can be (pay no attention to the video, it is teh suxor).

Anyways, pretty neat. I personally don't like battery powered guns, but nice nonetheless.

-OfAll'

#152375 Sawtooth Spring Replacement.

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 21 April 2008 - 11:17 AM in Modifications

Ive heard of first shot springs working. You might want to look into that.

I don't really think an NF spring would work, due to the high coil density.

#152344 Power Armour Made From A Vacuum (work In Progress)

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 21 April 2008 - 07:11 AM in Off Topic

Looks interesting, and I guess it's cool if you're willing to lug around the extra weight (instead of just making a PVC backpack).

You know what ice?....Props.
Back off guys.
He's done more mods than most of us have, and damn good ones too.
Take care ice.

Although that doesn't really apply to me, I'm pretty sure no one cares. Half the people here just like modding guns, and the other half like actually Nerfing. Basically, people are still going to throw shit at you even if you have done a ton of mods; if people think you're a retard, they're going to voice itv (no offence ice).

You can say anything behind the inpenitrable veil of the internet.

-OfAll'

#151973 Dtg Set Vrs. 3 Spiderman Sets

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 19 April 2008 - 10:22 AM in General Nerf

Wherea are you getting the SMDTGs for $10 a piece? I'm going to stock up on 'em if I get the chance. I haven't had any luck integrating them yet, just because I don't have any barbed fittings, but they're great for almost anything.

-OfAll'

PS, on a side note, what's the ideal barrel length for these?

#151972 Ttg Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 19 April 2008 - 10:18 AM in Modifications

G-force: Soon. I need to either start making bigger write-up projects, or materialize a few Hundred.

Forsaken_Angel: Thank you. I plan on making as many as I can, although they probably will only be every week (school doesn't really permit me to upload pics with my crap comp during the week). I'm going to start honing my painting skills, but they won't be anywhere near as good as my mods, which aren't that great to begin with. Will try, though.

Bomberman: This is my favorite pistol, and coupler modification I've ever seen. I love how it can fire two kinds of darts, too. Pretty rad, if I do say so myself. Let me know if you try out my mod!

Keeto: Thank you. I love Gengar's NF coupler mod, I just did it to one of my NF's actually. I think this might be one of the standard mods for the TTG in the future.

Thanks everyone,

-OfAll'

#151728 Ttg Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 17 April 2008 - 08:00 PM in Modifications

Philote: Thank you very much. I love the simplicity of it too.

Silencer: Thanks.

NF: Yup, I really didn't think it would turn into this :blink:. This pistol is definitely awsome.

Green: Thank you.

Salmon: The First Shot was actually when I was just about at the peak of the streak, I believe.

Chili: Honestly I don't know, I need to think about getting more or thinking of bigger and more creative mods.

Andre: Thanks. Listen to ompa.

ompa: ^

Thanks everyone!

-OfAll'

#151723 Recon Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 17 April 2008 - 07:55 PM in Modifications

Nice alternate on the stock. I actually really like the coupler attachment, and I honestly never thought about attaching the extra spring tube directly to the pistol. I like that I can take mine all the way off though in case i needed a more "stock" pistol.

I consider my Recon my secondary actually. I have a single shot NFbow that i'm working on for my Primary "range" gun, then the Recon for RoF mid range and eventually i'll remake another singled cutdown NF for the pistol slot. If the Maverick was smaller I'd honestly select it for pistol because of it's RoF, but it's so damn bulky.

Thank you. The stock mod is the best thing that every happened to the Recon, kudos to you.

I recently followed through with my velcro idea:

Posted Image

2 strips for 1.79... Not bad. They have adhesive strips on the back, so I just stuck the loop side onto the piping.

Posted Image

Then I cut the hook strips in half, and covered the adhesive side with e-tape.

Posted Image

Then you just pop the spring in, twist the coupler on and add the velcro! It holds very well.

Posted Image

There you go!

I'll update this again when I paint it.

-OfAll'

#151517 Ttg Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 16 April 2008 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

Thank you guys, I'm just as amazed myself that I even have enough guns to make so many write-ups... I've found guns I never remeber buying. I have to agree MSDFS, I think this to be the cleanest and most functional TTG mod, short of turreting it.

I forgot to mention, and now I can't edit it into the first post, that because of the coupler you can do this.

Posted Image

Put a dart in backwards, take the barrel out, flip it, replace it, and fire! It helps if you cock it before taking the barrel out, because the perfect seal somtimes sucks the dart in a little.

Enjoy!

-OfAll'

#151512 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 16 April 2008 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

My newly modified Crossfire. Minimized with a CPVC ammo holder. No ARs, gets atleast 40', sometimes 50' and up.

Posted Image

-OfAll'

#151505 Ttg Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 16 April 2008 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

So, this have been done for about a week, but I wanted to make my streak last as long as it could, but it was not meant to be. School has been rough, and we have a bunch of projects all due in the next two weeks. I'm going to try to make atleast another one every week, as long as my stock-gun-supply lasts, but don't quote me.

Anyways, I recently bought an old edition TTG from jedijoe (thanks btw), and wanted to make it into a good sidearm. I also wanted it to look clean, something most of my cannot boast of.

PLEASE DON'T POST UNTIL IT'S DONE; THERE WILL BE A FINAL PRODUCT PICTURE, OR 'DONE.'

Here it is.

Posted Image

Open her up.

Posted Image

Take out the assembly.

Posted Image

Exploded.

Posted Image

You can throw the barrel and AR away.

Slip the plunger rod out, and replace the spring with whatever you want, if you want. I replaced it with an FF spring, which is slightly stronger, but the stock one is pretty strong. FF spring on top.

Posted Image

Next take some e-tape and put it under the o-ring. I did it once around.

Posted Image

Now put the plunger road back together, and if you’re replacing the spring with something different than an FF spring, make sure it fits over these plastic pieces connected to the plunger head. If it comes in contact with these it breaks them, making the plunger head less stable and cocking motion more choppy.

Posted Image

Now go grab a CPVC coupler.

Posted Image

Rough up the ends which will come in contact with each other.

Posted Image

Now glue it on, I recommend something strong like Goop or Epoxy; I don’t trust hot glue with couplers. Try to center it as much as possible.

Posted Image

Now 2” of At2k pump chamber. I’ve seen that 21/32” brass slides over with a similar effect, and I’ve heard copper-repair pipe works too. Anyways, cut 2” of it, and then insert a 4” barrel into the coupler (it helps if it’s dry before doing this step). After putting the barrel in straight, slide the 2” of your material over, and good the seam. This will act as a guide-rail of sorts for the barrel, so that you don’t have to fumble around to get your barrel in, or cut the front of the gun off (TTG’s are so sexy). I would recommend leaving the barrel in the coupler while the barrel-sheath dries, but make sure that it doesn’t get glued too.

Posted Image

After all that’s dry, it’s time to put her back together! I put some etape around the front of the barrel-sheath so it was secure between the two shells. Finished internals.

Posted Image

You’re done!

Posted Image

And the best part is, you can fire megas too! Just take out the CPVC barrel, and it works wonderfully. This is definitely my new sidearm, and one of the coolest and cleanest pistols in my arsenal. With three large bands I get 65’ consistently with micros, and 50’ consistently with megas (one kept getting 40’, but it was probably the dart). All of these were shot into the wind, if there was any.

With bands.

Posted Image

Questions? Comments?

-OfAll’

#151452 Smdtg

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 16 April 2008 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

Traded one to Zaxbys.

#151449 Be Ye Warned

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 16 April 2008 - 03:48 PM in General Nerf

I agree, Longshot are pretty difficult to modify (although mine was my second succesful one, after being thrown in the basement for about a week). Everyone should really heed the big warning at the top of the LS Mod thread.

#151397 Smdtg

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 16 April 2008 - 05:44 AM in Modifications

Have you noticed that all Nerf guns have "age 6-12" on them? It's sort of like saying "We take no responsibility for you looking like an idiot while using this product if over age 12."

Anyways, I'm glad someone finally made a basic SMDTG mod, and yes, they rock. I bought three packs, but only have five blasters left. I'm going to have to scour my stores for them, or buy a few packs online.

-OfAll'

#151240 Reinforcing An Ls Boltsled (better Edition) And A Paintjob

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 15 April 2008 - 05:26 AM in Modifications

Nice paintjob and everything, but I can't get over the whole range thing.

Sure, post ranges, but almost all of us inflate them just a little. And if someone doesn't believe you, let them. It isn't worth a flamewar. And anyways, range doesn't matter, it's how far you can hit someone from.

Really, are you going to be hitting someone from 90'? No.

-OfAll'

#151178 J.a.m Blaster Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 14 April 2008 - 07:13 PM in Modifications

Thank you everyone.

If I ever get another one of these, I'm going to try to shotgun it.

Just to clear some things up, the clip is fake, and part of the shell.

It's a push and pull gun, and doesn't have to be primed or has a trigger.

If you have anyone questions/suggestions, let me know.

-OfAll'

#151086 J.a.m Blaster Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 14 April 2008 - 05:33 AM in Modifications

MSDFS: Thank you. My next one might be a little while (next weekend) But I'll try to have one a week, that is, if I can get enough guns to modify... And yes, it's made by Lanard

Silencer: Thank you, I still can't believe it's carboard.

Foam: Thank you. I like my Recon mod too. It's not really that bad, and it's pretty easy to modify. The clip at the back is purely cosmetic, and came like that (stock shell). It's called the J.A.M Blaster.

Dangaard: Thanks, I think the shells pretty nice too. Might have to put a Titan in there or something...

Crimmy: The clip is cosmetic.

Keef: I got it at Ocean State Job Lot in MA. THe carboard's pretty strong, almost 1/8" thick. It would be hard to bend, but it is cardboard.

Thanks everyone,

-OfAll'

#151085 How To Protect Your Paintjob Questions

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 14 April 2008 - 05:26 AM in Modifications

I've found that normal spray paint clear coat works well, but usually screws with the colors (bleaches them a little).

#150987 Singled Shotgun Titan Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 13 April 2008 - 07:31 PM in Modifications

I don't really see the point of putting multi barrels on a titan. On my Titan, I just singled it with a 2 foot barrel. Then to shotgun it, just stuff 3-6 darts down the long barrel. Shoots nicely and is a lot easier than multi-barrels. Anyways, good job.

You could do that, but in my experience range is less, and there isn't much of a spread or accuracy (as much accuracy as you can get with a shotgun attachment...)

Anyways, Foam, good job. Nice and clear.

-OfAll'

#150982 J.a.m Blaster Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 13 April 2008 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

I'm saving the better one for later.

Here it is.

Posted Image

Gigantic draw length.

Posted Image

After a quick look-over, I found this at the back.

Posted Image

If you block the barrel, it vents the airs through these holes (and the foam underneath it). Cut a piece of craft foam that will fit over it.

Posted Image

The foam isn't going to be the only thing blocking it, but I assure you it's pretty airtight. Try blowing through it. Anyways, now goop up the holes.

Posted Image

Place the craft foam piece over it, and wipe off the excess.

Posted Image

Now we just need to make a new barrel; it originally shot shitty missiles. Cut off the barrel close to the green plastic.

Posted Image

Wrap some CPVC in e-tape so it fit's snugly, but leave some without tape on it sticking out the front. Alternatively you could leave more of the original barrel on, and wrap a CPVC coupler in etape (and glue it in). Glue the stub in and then a CPVC coupler over it. After this let everything dry.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let everything dry, and you're done. Like it states, it is actually just a cardboard tube for the plunger chamber. Here's a pic of when I cut it off, hoping to improve the seal. It is actually perfect (the seal) and it is actually carboard.

Finished product (I had to duct tape the plunger back together; I wasn't going to waste anything else on this thing).

Posted Image

After range testing with 6, 8, and 12" barrels, the 6" getting the best range, I only got about 50' consistently, and about 65' if I really pushed it. It maxes out at 70', no matter how hard I try.

In short, don't but this piece of cardobard for $10, I just bought it because... Well I don't really know why.

Questions? Comments?

-OfAll'

#150907 Crossbow Barrel Length?

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 13 April 2008 - 02:10 PM in Modifications

Does anyone know a good lube? Ive been using silicone spray, but it dries up really fast.

?
The silicone spray I use leaves a really long-lasting film. If you want stuff with more grip get the paste.

Mine might just be shitty, because it doesn't even make a film on the inside of the plunger tube. If I spray some in ad then hold it upsidedown it will all drip out. I I push ad pull the plunger head a few times the stuff is all gone. Is there a certain brand you would recommend?

#150879 Crossbow Barrel Length?

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 13 April 2008 - 12:14 PM in Modifications

Thank you everyone.

ompa, I was actually thinking about doing something like that, but with an o-ring. But I might just try sams method and see if it works.

Don't hot glue it. That would most likely fuck the plunger head real bad.

Here is the best way to fix the plunger head, take the rubber plunger head and bend it backward then put it back in the plunger tube with the seal backwards and let it sit for a while, then pull the plunger head out and put it back in normal. It should have a much better seal. Hopefully that was clear.

I'll try that, it worked on my SSII.

-OfAll'

Edit: Does anyone know a good lube? Ive been using silicone spray, but it dries up really fast.

#150864 Crossbow Barrel Length?

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 13 April 2008 - 11:17 AM in Modifications

12" may seem long, but it actually feels perfect on an X-Bow, so don't shy away from using a longer barrel if it gets you more range.

I'm going to range test with my already-made 12" breech, and see how it does. I just need to figure some way of improving the seal on the plunger head. I can't get e-tape to stay on for the life of me.

Suggestions?

#150760 Recon Modification

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 12 April 2008 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

Thanks everyone.

donz, I just took out the AR the way I did because of the brass part. A bit more efficient.

Green, thank you.

Frost, thank you for that idea. I was contemplating using industrial strength velcro, but I'll look into that alternative. Thank you btw.

-OfAll'

#150759 Crossbow Barrel Length?

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 12 April 2008 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

What kind of breech are you planning on that only uses one piece of brass? Do you have a pvc sheath that slides around to close the breech? Or is the whole piece of brass going to move to enclose the dart in pvc? I'm just kind of curious, no offense intended.

To be quite honest, without having your gun and dart in front of me, I'd start somewhere around 10-12", test it, then cut off an inch or two after each batch of test firings. When you feel that the range has maxed, then stop. You could probably graph your results and when the range increases start leveling off you know to stop at the next cut, but I'm not sure about the exact relation between barrel length and darts, considering how dependent the results are on various factors.

I also ask about the breech because depending on how efficient it is, you could probably start at a shorter barrel length.

~ompa

I'll be using a cut down verison (or not as the case may be) of my breech. The only reason I don't really want to do experimental testing is because brass is expensive, and the breeches take a bit of time to make. Thank you for your input, though. I'll probably start at a full 12", and then cut off inch by inch.

Sam, I'm going to glue a coupler on anyways (to make sure it's straight), but I'll probably keep the final lenght under 12" (I'm leaning towards 8-9). Possibly 10... I'll probably star the PVC part of the breech off shorter to allow for a barrel as short as 8".

Thank you everyone for your input, and everyone else feel free to post.

-OfAll'

#150743 Crossbow Barrel Length?

Posted by OfAllTheNerf on 12 April 2008 - 06:40 PM in Modifications

Since I've posted a ton of write-ups in the past two weeks I don't feel so bad about making a ? topic.

Anyways, to the point. I'm going to make a 17/32" brass breech for my Crossbow, but would like to know an ideal barrel length. I'm mainly pointing this at the Vets who have used they're crossbows since the beginning of time. My darts will be slightly tight in the barrel, but not hard to push in and out of the barrel. There will be no nested piece. There also cannot be any PVC after-barrel.

If you would suggest using a completely different barrel setup, please post that too.

Thanks,

-OfAll'