rawray7's Content

There have been 533 items by rawray7 (Search limited from 27-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1455 At3k Petg Mod Writeup

Posted by rawray7 on 17 February 2003 - 04:40 AM in Modifications

for anyone deciding whether to do this mod, do it. that gun was the attack force of whatever team CXWQ was on.

#1454 Kick Ass Yano

Posted by rawray7 on 17 February 2003 - 04:37 AM in Nerf Wars

agreeable. that was the most fun nerf war i have ever had.

Steve: "Hey Spoon, you dead?"
Spoon: "Yeah"
Steve: (yelling across the battlefield) "Hey, Ray, you dead?"
Me: "Yeah"
CXWQ: "Blue team charge!!"
Blue Team: "RRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

CXWQ: "Okay, Ray, your pick."
Me: "Well...Toj is completely useless, unless we need someone to hop around"

thanks julie for taking those pictures. i just realized how many i am in, and how ridiculously awesome and yet dumb i look.

#1428 Socal War In Feb

Posted by rawray7 on 15 February 2003 - 11:29 PM in Nerf Wars

the average teenager has horrible planning skills. i can't stand it. expect only four of us tomorrow.

#1304 Big Visit

Posted by rawray7 on 12 February 2003 - 12:59 AM in Nerf Wars

i'll check my calendar and my other clan member's calenders. we're just north of pasadena, so i am guessing 45 min - 1 hour drive to LAX. We should be able to get at least four people to nerf on any given saturday or sunday. If i can get hold of a decent location, then i would definately be willing to attempt a post-YANO for anyone who could make it. If you want to get in contant with me, i check my Personal Messages at this site, my AIM is rawray7, and my email is rawray7@hotmail.com

#1300 New Article!

Posted by rawray7 on 12 February 2003 - 12:40 AM in Site Feedback

That was a well written article, and i liked it a lot. I will agree completely with the statement concerning Desert Storm's camo-painted guns. The day that we go back from the April LANO, three or four people that i nerf with started painting their guns. I think that it was out of intimidation, but more so, they were impressed by the level of commitment put into the sport. If you spend time painting your gun, it definately appears as though you've spent a lot of time nerfing in general. I think that it will also inspire some of the people who will join the site to think before they post. Great job.

#1296 So Yea, I Have A Brass AT3k Now....

Posted by rawray7 on 11 February 2003 - 09:36 PM in Modifications

i attempted to brass my at3k a week or two ago, and when i finally got around to buying the brass, and setting it all up to work, i realized it was leaking. not trusting the liquitron, i immediately jumped to conclusions and leak-tested everything between the pump and the tank. i later realized that what had happened was that the valve built into the end of the pump chamber, had broken, and all the air leaked back out, sometimes even pushing the pump back forward. i think that the reason this part of the gun broke was because of plugging the air release valve in the pump, but it could have just been a retarded gun to start out with. my two options now are to get a new one, or try to integrate a different pump into the gun. i think i will mess around with the latter before i waste my dough on a new one.

well...if anyone else is having this problem, then i suggest future moddifiers of this gun either: replace the pump right from the get-go, or, don't plug the pump.

#671 Clan/nerfer Regestry

Posted by rawray7 on 17 January 2003 - 12:44 AM in General Nerf

Other members: none on NH or NHQ but there are about 17 of them

not quite 17...more like, 9. and my email is rawray7@hotmail.com.

I really would like to have a more consistent flow of wars in the so-cal area, and i think i am going to try to host a (most likely small) war between YANO and the possible SDNO during spring break, and if any of you clans are interested in a war, email me, or Personel Message me either here or on forum-125.com.

#618 Socal War In Feb

Posted by rawray7 on 14 January 2003 - 11:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Anybody who's bringing a bunch of friends, make sure you forget to pick up the dipshit who won't count hits, mmmkay? Right.

i think steve brought that dipshit...i only brought the dipshits who yelled at that dipshit, and whined about him being a dipshit. i am hoping my brother's friends grew up a little since last time, or i am not bringing them.

#515 Socal War In Feb

Posted by rawray7 on 11 January 2003 - 02:46 AM in Nerf Wars

count my head in. and a possible 5-9 others with me, depending on whether we have two cars or not. 5 total is the most probable number to use.

#486 Socal War In Feb

Posted by rawray7 on 10 January 2003 - 01:35 AM in Nerf Wars

i would definately want to go to a february war...and there is probably a 90% chance i could go.

i think the usual spot is pretty good. if you are dying for something else: i have found an okay spot up in La Canada (about 10 minutes wester on the 210 than pasadena), the only problem is you have to deal with frisbee-golfers, because some of the best nerfing areas are on or near a frisbee-golf course. there is an open river-bed that's a good spot a few minutes up some trails from there, but i think it might be too confusing to group mass hords of people there. it has water there, and food about 5 minutes away.

maybe i can get my wussy 12-year-old followers into nerfing shape. they preformed poorly at armageddon, the only good move i saw by any of them was when my brothers friend (about 11, kind of tall for his age, asian, short hair) shot VACC (when almost everyone was watching). There were only three people left in the game and VACC had just capped off the other kid, pistol style.

EDIT: oh, i might be able to make a SDNO, and having it over spring break improves my chances of being able to go.

#323 Approach To Modification

Posted by rawray7 on 04 January 2003 - 02:46 PM in Modifications

If it is a gun i am not familiar with, i usually look at CXWQ or Yakman's mods, then decide if i am going to do exactly what they did, or tweak the mod a little bit. then i open up the gun, and stare at the innards for a bit, to make sure i have my plan correct...then i start hacking away...and if it doesn't work, then i go back to it and try and fix it, or turn it into something else. Although, if i care about the gun alot, like my crossbow or powerclip, then i try to do as little to the gun as possible, to get the best preformance. If i find the inside parts tricky, like the 5000, i usually follow directions exactly. i guess i would say that i am impatient with mods, as long as i don't love the gun...then i am semi-perfectionist.

#321 I Long For A Lano

Posted by rawray7 on 04 January 2003 - 02:14 PM in Nerf Wars

good deal. I am still working on contacting people...although i am not having much luck. where has spoon been anyway? Was he taken to Tibet also?

#280 I Long For A Lano

Posted by rawray7 on 03 January 2003 - 02:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Well...I am relatively new to the Lanos(having only been to april 2002 lano, and armageddon 2002), but i have been longing for another large-scale nerf war. It's been almost six months since armageddon and because nerf online shut down i haven't heard of another organized los angeles war. maybe i was just left out of the loop. i think we should try to get one together around the end of january, or beginning of february. I don't know what the situation with Spoon, CXWQ or Hal is, but if they are too busy, i would be happy to organize it. I will try to talk to Desert Storm, some Santa Monica people, Steve's Clan and the others this week.

Also, if I am in charge of hosting it, then it will definately not be called LANO, and may not be at the usual location.

(this is thread is also here: http://www.forum-125...=ST;f=19;t=152; )