Mantis's Content

There have been 512 items by Mantis (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100998 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by Mantis on 11 March 2007 - 01:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Its good to see this is coming together so early. I might be able to make it, if some of the other clowns from this (better) side of the country come.

Happy 3/11 Day!

#99744 Hunterdon County, Nj Nerf War

Posted by Mantis on 13 February 2007 - 08:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Howard:

I would gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today.

^^ That's exactly what your post reminded me of, lol. ^^

I believe the 10th is splendid for me.
[/quote]

Howard:

Its official, my pants are around my ankles.

Right. We would have definitely pulled the group down with our seriousness.

#99003 Hunterdon County, Nj Nerf War

Posted by Mantis on 31 January 2007 - 02:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Its official, it's cold as shit outside again.

#98523 Hunterdon County, Nj Nerf War

Posted by Mantis on 20 January 2007 - 10:25 AM in Nerf Wars

So that big group is coming?

#98319 Hunterdon County, Nj Nerf War

Posted by Mantis on 15 January 2007 - 12:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Damn it guys. Damn it.

The bulk of the people coming should be from the organizer's end. Failing that, everyone should bring people. A bigger war is a better war.

Let's shoot for 20.

#98188 Hunterdon County, Nj Nerf War

Posted by Mantis on 12 January 2007 - 04:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Its going to be the 10th. I am not gonna change it 5 more times like last time because of someone and that someone not showing up because rain is the worst thing to nerf in, and he knows because he's been nerfing for 6 years.

Oh SNAP he just got SERVED!!!

#98125 Hunterdon County, Nj Nerf War

Posted by Mantis on 11 January 2007 - 12:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Haha old. We aren't old, I hear 20 is the new 15.

As far as member number goes, it doesn't mean anything. Don't ever let the fancy pants double (or even single) digit members tell you what to do. They're just trying to seem like the "badass" veteran.

I guess you could call the LCM guys vets, which is funny since there were a lot more vets around when we first started. But yeah, just nerf because you like hanging out with your friends, don't get too caught up in the forums. That's why we played, and that's why we show up to wars every now and then.

Congratulations if you read this, I probably wouldn't have.

#98087 Hunterdon County, Nj Nerf War

Posted by Mantis on 10 January 2007 - 03:17 PM in Nerf Wars

That place looks pretty cool to play in. I'll go if I'm not swamped with work, and I'll talk to my friends from school to see if they wanna come.

Holy shit, I just noticed that the guys posting in this thread have member #'s in the 1000's.

#97993 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Mantis on 09 January 2007 - 02:07 PM in Nerf Wars

I just looked at the mapquest and it says that it is 6 hours from central Jersey, so I wouldn't count on too many of my crowd being there.

#97862 Reckoning V Recap

Posted by Mantis on 07 January 2007 - 05:22 PM in Nerf Wars

That was a gay old time, just like we used to have. The weather was a little on the cold side, but we managed. I wielded the pistol for a large portion of the war, forcing me to be mobile beyond belief. Had a few good rolls on the hill areas. Good times.

PS, look for Howie Land on NerfHQ.

#94718 Hopeful 2007 Schedule

Posted by Mantis on 17 November 2006 - 04:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd like to add an who's-in-my-mouth? war for sometime during this long, cold, lonely winter.

And as an update for any of you clowns who wanna know, I ran into Langley (Phil) during a party at my house somehow. I asked him, and the answer is no, for anyone who was wondering.

#89748 Fall Dcno?

Posted by Mantis on 15 September 2006 - 12:01 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I wanna come. But don't make it near Halloween. Weekends work. Times up, LETS DO THIS LERRROOOOY JEEEEENKINS

#88444 Apoc 2006 Recap

Posted by Mantis on 27 August 2006 - 07:33 PM in Nerf Wars

The trick with the longshot is to insert your penis into the barrel, then pull out the air restrictor, then lube it to all hell. Its exactly like a woman.

#87107 Apoc 2006 Recap

Posted by Mantis on 11 August 2006 - 01:42 AM in Nerf Wars

I don't know what amazed me more, that Paul can recall the month we formed our rag tag group into nerfers because our mommies wouldn't let us buy paintball guns, or that Dux was told he needs to work on his tactics. Freakin ridiculous.

It was hilarious, or as funny as mixing up kids you've never met before can be, that our photographer thought Matt was part of the WhoreSemen.

For the war, it was a good coming out of retirement bash, since I hadn't played with toy guns with Matt and Paul since our last all-male hot tub party.

The trek to Roy Rogers was, of course, the highlight of the day. If someone is reading this and wants to come out for an Apoc, just be ready. After I "round up" (biggie size) my fries, they come in cardboard holsters, which can be used in glorious battle to hold my spare guns.

When I make it out to the next one, even if thats in a few years, we need to do something to spice this shit up, possibly strippers, preferably female.

And always remember, you never go ass to mouth.

#86556 Apoc 2006

Posted by Mantis on 05 August 2006 - 01:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, so this is tomorrow by my count. I'm getting my work schedule for the coming week today so if its all good I'll be there.

#84628 Apoc 2006

Posted by Mantis on 09 July 2006 - 11:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Hahaha guess what, PAUL WAS DRUNK WHEN HE POSTED LAST

#84236 Apoc 2006

Posted by Mantis on 02 July 2006 - 11:39 PM in Nerf Wars

God damn, some guy said he's driving 6 hours to come play nerf with us? I think that warrants dusting off the old guns and dry humping them back into working order. You can expect me to show up for a few hours to cock-smack some bitches. Start drawing straws to see who has to pay the strippers.

#77679 That What I Love About High School Girls...

Posted by Mantis on 26 March 2006 - 01:58 PM in Off Topic

Sexual predator should have been in bold by the way.

and as for these tools who say you cant type whilst drunk!
I'd bet the monetary value of all the weed in my room at this very minute that I CAN type drunk

#77547 An Open Letter To Ryan201821

Posted by Mantis on 25 March 2006 - 03:40 PM in General Nerf

Chill bro

#77545 That What I Love About High School Girls...

Posted by Mantis on 25 March 2006 - 03:31 PM in Off Topic

...I keep getting older and they stay the same age

#77544 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Mantis on 25 March 2006 - 03:28 PM in Darts and Barrels

Yo nerfmonkey, do you got a joint man?

Be a lot cooler if you did

#77533 That Was Childish

Posted by Mantis on 25 March 2006 - 02:51 PM in General Nerf

Sorry guys that was a lot funnier to me than it way to any of you

My bad

#77530 Nerf In Trenton?

Posted by Mantis on 25 March 2006 - 02:43 PM in Nerf Wars

[edited for content]

#77527 Archived Website

Posted by Mantis on 25 March 2006 - 02:36 PM in General Nerf

You guys are no fun

#77526 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by Mantis on 25 March 2006 - 02:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Update: Me and about 11 people can come. A couple might need guns so we'll need to steal some. Are any of you guys looking to score?

#77524 Nerf In Northern New Jersey?

Posted by Mantis on 25 March 2006 - 02:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey felchers when did people start organizing wars with only people over the internet? I remember back in my day (last week) we had friends who we played with and then hooked up with people on the websites.

#44026 Indoor Building Open To The Nerf Community

Posted by Mantis on 14 December 2004 - 04:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, can't you take the sticks out of your asses for a few minutes? He posted this before right here- http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=2743 and nobody whined about it. Odds are he isn't a child molester (so stop dreaming guys) since he had a war before, posted the same zip code, and gave the same story in that topic.
Everybody should be thanking this guy for offering such a kick ass war, and for putting up with everyone calling him a liar (but saying that they aren't, just in case).
And 1/2 newb 1/2 retarded was a day late and a dollar short to jump on him for not saying where it was.

#42562 Turkey Day Weekend War

Posted by Mantis on 26 November 2004 - 12:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Most of them will start out with...

I just turned 18 and....

Should be hot ladies, I'm looking forward to it.

Talio.

Hahaha, that has to be the funniest thing I've read on these boards since the "I win" topic.

#39466 Nerf Tourny Nj Come All 13+

Posted by Mantis on 21 October 2004 - 02:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Pineapple is right guys. I think of all the clans in the world, the LCM had to be the most God damn anal of them all. When we first started, we nerfed just about every Sunday for a year or so. Then we kicked it back to once every couple of Sundays, then it was a few big wars a year, now its like one war a year. That's probably due to these forums going downhill (not the forums and sites themselves, just the posts).
I lost my original train of thought, but it reminded me of what a teacher was talking about today. His view on the Little League was this:
The Little League was a great idea. Kids could get together and play ball together. You know, it gave them something to do, get outside and exercise. Then some idiots decided that the teams in their neighborhood weren't fun enough anymore, so they started the World Series and all that. So these kids are flying down to Florida, or driving to Long Island, to play in these stupid things. As a result, these poor kids aren't even doing it for fun anymore, now its to win this God damn tournament or whatever. And the parents are going crazy, shouting and beating up the refs, killing each other, and it sucks for everybody.

He kinda trailed off at the end and went into a new rant about steroids. But its the same for nerfing. Its alright if you wanna drive to other areas to play, and hell, if you wanna put money in and let the winner take it, go for it. As long as everybody is having fun, why not?

I'll be surprised if anyone actually got this far.
319 nerfers didn't get this post
319 nerfers will realize the above is a ripoff of Maddox

#39210 Team America

Posted by Mantis on 18 October 2004 - 06:19 PM in Off Topic

Dude, if you get into it, you'll know why it's R.

And yes....
MATT DAMON

#34864 Cops

Posted by Mantis on 22 August 2004 - 02:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Heh heh, I could just imagine you explaining how the dart got where it ended up to a judge who didn't know what a nerf gun is. It'd be like the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer got spit on after the baseball game.

#34679 [ec] Gnomefest3 August 21st

Posted by Mantis on 20 August 2004 - 10:26 PM in Nerf Wars

It says scattered thunderstorms every hour until 4 pm, then it turns into thunderstorms. From my experience, when it says scattered t-storms, it doesn't mean much.

#34633 [ec] Gnomefest3 August 21st

Posted by Mantis on 20 August 2004 - 03:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Hows things looking for tomorrow?

#34598 Do You Have Any Rules For Area Of Effect Weapons?

Posted by Mantis on 20 August 2004 - 11:13 AM in General Nerf

If your group is more focused on having fun than they are on winning, the rule would definately work. But if they are a bunch of asshats who play just for the pretty homo-erotic glory of winning, it wouldnt work at all.

#34451 [ec] Gnomefest3 August 21st

Posted by Mantis on 19 August 2004 - 12:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm sure we could pull something off. As long as the car runs, we could plan to meet at a rest stop (a.k.a. homosexual bath house of the 90's) in Southern Jersey and someone from our end could drive the rest of the way up.

#34235 [ec] Gnomefest3 August 21st

Posted by Mantis on 17 August 2004 - 10:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Guys, we've had 29 at an Apoc, and we handled that without much pain. The Creek is much smaller than your park, so splitting the war up seems like a bad idea.

#34076 Hosting A Weekend War

Posted by Mantis on 16 August 2004 - 09:46 AM in Nerf Wars

...and that about wraps up my Christmas list for this year.

#33952 [ec] Gnomefest3 August 21st

Posted by Mantis on 14 August 2004 - 09:35 AM in Nerf Wars

He must have thought you meant going to college. Either way, whats going on the night before?

#33951 My Modded Titan (n-strike)

Posted by Mantis on 14 August 2004 - 09:32 AM in Modifications

Isn't anybody gonna keep this gun as a rocket launcher? We made some scenarios based around the rocket launchers at Apoc, it was pretty fun.

#33863 From The NerfHaven Mail Bag

Posted by Mantis on 12 August 2004 - 10:23 PM in Site Feedback

Call me a n00b, but dont a lot of the same people go to both forums?

Aren't we all just a bunch of people that are too old to play with toy guns...but we do it anyway?