Oroku Saki's Content

There have been 411 items by Oroku Saki (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#42293 Cell Phones

Posted by Oroku Saki on 23 November 2004 - 07:12 PM in Off Topic

That's why I asked which providers are good in your area. Just ask a dozen people who live near you which carrier they're using and how the coverage is.

That is probably the most important thing, above looks, features, etc.

There's no sense in having the phone you want with all the things you like about it if it won't even work in your coverage area. Where I live, nothing works except for NEXTEL, and even where I am it's kind of spotty. Out on the ocean it works like a dream, because of all the different cell groups on the different islands overlapping each other.

Even if it means the $20 dollar phone with superior coverage, over the $300 phone that cuts out on you everytime you go into the mall, go with what works.

My NEXTEL i305 is a cheap, rugged, waterproof phone that never lets me down. Even when I drop it from a 35 foot high roof. No camera, no folding down to a size where you lose it in your pocket, no ringing that sounds like damn Britney Spears, no blue LEDs. Just one hell of a phone. Direct Connect isn't too bad, either.

-Piney-

Ah, a fellow cellphone user who looks more for functionality and practicality. I just have the cheap $20 special my local Cellular One had available. If it falls apart, at least it's insured.

You darn kids and your fancy phones with features you will probably never use. I can see some usefulness in getting a camera phone, but the other features, such as an led that displays messages when you wave your phone, or the ability to play games that are shittier than what you play on your PC's and console systems, is just plain bullshit and a waste of money.

Of course, your first priority should be finding a provider that gives great coverage for a reasonable price. Sprint has a Fair and Flexible plan, in which you get charged simply for the amount of usage that you have every month. In my area, Alltel has some pretty good coverage. If you can find a 1-year contract phone, it's definitely worth looking into, but they are hard to find. If you don't plan to use your phone much (mainly for calling a tow truck, or other emergencies) I would go with a prepaid service like Tracfone or Virgin Mobile. I work at my local Radio Shack during the week, and it's amazing what I have learned about cellphones. Spend some time shopping around, so you can make an informed decision.

#42086 Virgin Mary In Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 20 November 2004 - 12:33 AM in Off Topic

I think we can all at least come to the consensus that this grilled cheese sandwich thing is a new low in the evolution of our society.

I'm not going to go into the Bush factor on this, as I have addressed my opinions on him in several other threads.

I believe in evolution to at least some extent (not too much in the physical sense), but the evolution of the mind. Eventually, I think the stupid people will bring about their own destruction one way or another. It's one of those things I think about to get me through a rough day. The intelligent and wise will always find a way to survive in this world, no matter how many nuclear wars, extreme climate changes, or just plain douchebaggery in society there is. This sandwich is just a sad reminder of how there is still a significant amount of stupidity in this world.

Maybe I should join the eBay selling bandwagon, and start selling "Limited Special Collector's Edition pieces of blank paper. I could also include a frame for them, and throw in a "Certificate of Authenticity." Damn, I should go on eBay, and do that right now!

#42031 Virgin Mary In Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 18 November 2004 - 09:38 PM in Off Topic

Prayer can be a powerful spiritual connection, however many people ask for too much. If people got everything they prayed for, the world would be pretty out of balance and boring. I'm not much of a Bible quoter, but one phrase that I find important in it is "The Lord helps those who help themselves." You can't be lazy and expect a higher being to just give you what you want. You need to use it as a focus, and then get off your ass and do something about it. Trust me, it works well, because both prayer and actions go a long way in life.

Those are some pretty fucked up Ebay items that have been posted on this thread so far, but believe me, I've seen much, much worse. One that I can think of is so bad and gross, that I'm sure Cx will ban me if I post it.

#42021 Ohio Recount

Posted by Oroku Saki on 18 November 2004 - 06:46 PM in Off Topic

Myself, as well as several others on this forum have addressed the problems within the administration. Air Apache, what sort of actions do you think are being done that makes the situation worse?

#41991 Ohio Recount

Posted by Oroku Saki on 18 November 2004 - 01:44 PM in Off Topic

Now this isn't about getting Kerry into office, so let's not change the topic.  It's about the possibility we may have had a rigged election, it must be investigated regardless of who was in favor.  Not only is it a prime characteristic of totalitarian governments, if there is the slightest chance somebody did not get their voice heard, we should at least do a recount and investigate the suspect machines.

The main thing I hate about certain conservatives is the fact that they label people "unpatriotic" if they question the actions of our leadership. Problems with the voting is an extension of that. People's voices need to be heard, and I'll be damned if this country turns into a rigged totalitarian society.

#41989 Virgin Mary In Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 18 November 2004 - 01:29 PM in Off Topic

Well said, Piney. Although I do not affiliate myself with any organized Christain religion, I do agree with many of the basic beliefs and principles of it. I find it really sad that things like this sandwich is being touted about for profit, and used for gambling. What the hell is wrong with these people? I guess it would be a good item if it actually was responsible for helping others, instead of just the owner of the sandwich. The person selling this thing could at least donate the money to charity or something.

#41865 True Self Expression

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 November 2004 - 02:30 AM in Off Topic

The Swiss Guard are pretty badass, despite their traditional Renaissance-style appearance. I heard that they have some pretty weird requirements to get in, such as the ability to yodel. Also, their basic training is longer and more tedious than most US military training.

#41864 Ompa's Title

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 November 2004 - 02:21 AM in Site Feedback

I will nominate "Vanquisher of Douchebaggery".

#41757 Ohio Recount

Posted by Oroku Saki on 16 November 2004 - 01:59 PM in Off Topic

The reason why I posted this isn't because of the extremely remote possibility of the outcome changing, which probably won't happen, but to point out that there are some serious problems with the voting systems in our country. A citizen's right to vote should never be infringed, no matter what anyone says. When it comes to vote counting, we should be like Germany, where everyone votes with a paper ballot, and they are all counted by hand. Sure, it may take a while to count the votes and declare a winner, but at least every vote is counted properly, reducing any need for recounts and other potential problems. To enforce this right is worth every penny the Libertarians and Greens are spending on it, and I congratulate them for it.

#41742 Ohio Recount

Posted by Oroku Saki on 16 November 2004 - 03:13 AM in Off Topic

For the record, this is the only article related to after the election I actually posted. The official count won't be finalized for a while anyway. On top of that, I really don't care whether or not this will change the outcome of the election. I thought it was interesting, and I figured some people may be interested in hearing about it. So what if Kerry conceded? He also stated he wants to make sure every vote is counted properly. If there are cases of voter fraud, I think it would be important to investigate them. Electronic voting machines can easily create inaccurate results, further fucking up the election. If Bush is to win, I want to be sure he wins fairly.

#41735 Ohio Recount

Posted by Oroku Saki on 16 November 2004 - 02:30 AM in Off Topic

After putzing around a bit on the internet, I found an article that some of you may find interesting: http://www.commondre...004/1115-06.htm

Perhaps there may be some hope left for this election? The interesting part is that the Libertarians and the Green Party are the ones who are planning to call the recount. Apparently many of the voting machines in Ohio just "accidentally" counted thousands of votes for Bush, although these votes were not properly confirmed. Why can't the polls stick to paper ballots like my area? Also, there have been several other reports of possible voter fraud in Ohio. Looks like this might turn into another Florida after all, except the Dems are not backing it up like they should.

#41557 True Self Expression

Posted by Oroku Saki on 12 November 2004 - 11:15 PM in Off Topic

Ninjas are freaking awesome, regardless of their existence. I want to study Ninjitsu (I heard it's like the swiss army knife of martial arts), but I haven't found any schools in my area that teach it.

#41409 True Self Expression

Posted by Oroku Saki on 11 November 2004 - 05:05 AM in Off Topic

I used to learn Gracie Jiu Jitsu (sp) back in high school. It's a Brazilian style that combines a little Tae Kwon Do with groundfighting and submission holds. Pretty fun stuff. I would like to get back into martial arts, but with working two jobs right now, I don't have the time to go to classes. Right now, I'm doing a little self-studying, mainly on weapons-based combat. I know it (martial arts weapons) won't be very useful in real life situations, but I still think it's pretty kickass.

#41264 Halo 2 Soo Sweet

Posted by Oroku Saki on 09 November 2004 - 08:15 PM in Off Topic

My favorite dual-weild is a pair of plasma rifles. They don't need reloading, and you can unleash a pretty good barrage on stuff.

#41251 Halo 2 Soo Sweet

Posted by Oroku Saki on 09 November 2004 - 07:28 PM in Off Topic

Fuze was just kidding around.

I got my copy of the Collector's Edition Halo 2, and I must say it's pretty good. I noticed that the easy difficulty level seems to be easier than the first one though. either that, or I'm actually starting to get pretty good at the game for once....

#41113 Attn: Any Soldier

Posted by Oroku Saki on 07 November 2004 - 11:21 PM in Off Topic

It is good that you are bringing this site to our attention, Evil. Our soldiers deserve those little extras regardless of where or why they are stationed where they are. I like it that one of their suggestions is Beanie Babies for the soldiers to give to Iraqi children. Finally, we all have a use for those damn things that have been sitting in America's closets, collecting dust. Maybe I can talk a few ex-beanie collectors into sending some donations.

I remember hearing stories from one of my friends who was stationed in Iraq a few months ago. When it comes to donating DVD's, pr0n does go a long way for a poor soldier stationed out in a desert. I'm serious. The thing is though, usually soldiers order it themselves, and it's hard to please everyone. I would probably go with a universal type donation such as CDR's or DVDR's. Then they can burn what they want.

I also encourage the food listings they have there. It's only a matter of time before standard issue rations start to taste like shit. Beef Jerky is one of the best fucking foods out there (link found at the Anysoldier website):
http://www.bigjohnsb...ysoldier.us.php

I am sure Maddox would also agree with me on that one.

The site also has some other great suggestions. I just wanted to highlight some of my favorites.

Support our troops!

#40981 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 06 November 2004 - 01:45 AM in News

My state turned up blue, and I know of a pretty good t-shirt printer shop in my town. Maybe I can help put in the order. Also Lemmy, if you need some kickass TP, ask any of us living in the blue states. I am sure we would be happy to help so that wiping your ass can be more enjoyable.

Edit: Goddamn it, I just remembered that my county turned up red. Goddamn hicks and old people. At least my state actually turned up blue.

#40892 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 November 2004 - 03:26 PM in News

Well that does make sense. I remember reading that many of the biggest campaign contributors for both the Republicans and Democrats are the same corporations. At this point, I am not sure what to make of it all. Perhaps we may have been fucked either way. Then again maybe not. It's too soon to really jump to conclusions, and I am still sorting out the information I have been given over the past few years.

#40860 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 November 2004 - 12:15 PM in News

I retract my previous statement. Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't realize that Mr. President had "accomplished" that. Hmmm....foundations of my support for Bush have been shaken. I do not agree with his faith-based initiatives now that I know of them. Man, I need to pay more attention to the news.

Sigh, unfortunately listening to the news rarely keeps you informed. The news networks are inconceivably evil. All of them. The news networks have been known to censor information that is important to the public, not just boring news material, but things that matter. Public health issues related to corporate pollution, the horrible divisions of wealth in this country will never come up on any news network anchor's teleprompter. On top of that, biased sources will even manipulate their material to suit their needs, Monica Lewinski, the Patriot Act, and Fox's declaration of Bush winning four years ago before the polls were closed. On top of that, they never comment on who owns them.

Gone are the days of Deep Throat and Reporters seeking truth. We are now ruled by Corporations who use their opinionated correspondents to keep us blind and unaware.

Sorry to vent like that, but we need the FCC to grab a Louiseville Slugger and beat some fuckin' ass. Fuck off RIAA, you corporate fucks are going to be the ones getting beat.

Damn, the RIAA has been on my personal shit list for a while, not just because of the lawsuits on file sharers, but because of the shitty music they represent. They can all kiss my ass fo all I care. One problem I found is that I have heard of John Edwards receiving funding from the RIAA.

It's a shame that Bush is funding a program telling children not to fuck until after they are married, and yet not even educating them about contraception. This is going to be pretty fucked up in the long run. Is this also going to apply to public schools as well? I sure hope not. I guess in the future, it will be up to the parents to teach their own kids about sex, because our education system is sure not going to tell them much. If I have kids, I am going to teach them of all of their options.

#40774 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 04 November 2004 - 12:50 PM in News

For these election results, I am going with Cx's argument that our country is starting to combine church and state, which shouldn't even be happening to begin with.

The draft rumors may not sway me away from America, but having the country turning into a complete pseudo-Christain state will convince me to move to Canada. At least some people vote based on logic rather than religous beliefs which may or may not be right.

Damn this discussion has grown since I read it yesterday night.

Oruku_Saki, how is our country starting to combine church and state? Could you provide some examples on what you mean? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Mainly, I stated this due to the more moral issues based on most christianity that our government has gone through with in the last 4 years. Some examples of Bush's christain-based decisions:

-Marraige initiative: Bush is wasting money trying to get more americans to get married. For what? To raise a more traditional family? I don't believe that marraige is a completely terrible thing, but it is a personal choice. Right now, I personally do not see any point in getting married. These are our tax dollars being used on what I feel to be an arcane social ceremony. Looking from a legal standpoint, Marraige is simply signing over half of your assets to the other party. I love my girlfriend, but there is no way in hell I'm willing to sign over half my shit to her. This site has some pretty good arguments about marraige as well: http://www.dontmarry.com/

-Faith-based initiative: It makes sense that churches are able to work as a tax-free organizaion, but I think it crosses the line when the government gives direct aid to them. Sure, religous groups usually do helpful things. Hell, I even admit to donating to some of them, but the government should not step in and give the churches more money. I see this initiative as a violation of separation of church and state.

-Abortion: Personally, I feel that people using this solely on a whim is wrong, however I believe it should be kept legal for medical and certain social circumstances (i.e., minors who are too afraid to face their parents). Also, I do believe that the woman has a right to their own decision. To solve the more abusive uses of abortion, I think that the government should try promoting alternatives to help the public know about their options. Perhaps a less-biased sex education system that promotes the use of contraception, as well as abstinence. In my experience, Abstinence-only education is a waste of money. Telling young people to not have sex until they are married is not going to stop them, especially if you look at the link I gave about marraige. Putting an all-out ban is going to cause problems in the long run. If people are forced to carry children, our economy will make our current one look like a huge market boom.

-The Marraige ammendment: Just because bible beaters think that Gays should be treated like the plague doesn't mean they are right. From a christain standpoint, Jesus spent a lot of time and compassion on the sinners and other social outcasts. We should accept gays into our culture, and let them live their own lives. At least Bush seems to be backing off a little on this ammendment, but many states are banning same-sex marraige anyway. With some states making it legal, gays are going to move to these areas, fucking up our demographics in other areas of the country. Good job, bible beaters, you kicked a fellow American out of your state.

#40759 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 04 November 2004 - 12:56 AM in News

But France? Dude, those women don't shave. Ewww.

(Sorry, just wanted to lighten up the mood. Damn, guys, don't move! Stick it out, you'll survive. Really. I survived Reagan.)

-Piney-

I also heard that they rarely shower or take baths. They just douse themselves in perfume and call it good. If I were you, Lemmy, I would go for a German or Canadian. One of my friends went to Germany, and he said that there's some pretty hot girls there *wink wink*.

Come to think of it, I was born during the Reagan Presidency. Until after the 2000 election, I never really paid much attention to politics as I was too young to vote anyways. During the last few years, I got around to reading up on the events I have been fuzzy about during gradeschool, so I feel more up to speed.

Who knows, maybe Cheney will have another 20 heart attacks within the next few months, then he can finally drop dead. When Bush first got elected, I am starting to feel that Cheney's heart attacks within the first few months were a sign from God.

Also, getting back to the Supreme Court Justice issue, I think it was Julie that mentioned a while back that Laura, as well as Barbara Bush are Pro-Choice. If Bush wants to pull off overturning Roe V Wade, he has his wife (as well as his momma) to answer to.

Edit: I just found that Ashcroft may actually resign from his position as attorney general! WOOT!
http://www.usnews.co...46466_brief.php

After looking around on Fark, I found the link from the Drudge Report.

Damn, I'm liking this new administration so far.

#40757 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 04 November 2004 - 12:41 AM in News

I agree that it's not easy to just pack up and leave, but it may not be a bad idea to be prepared just in case. I'm getting prepared, and I would probably be doing the same thing if Kerry were elected. If the situation were to warrant itself, I would have a hard time packing up right away too. I have two jobs, a house, many friends and family, a girlfriend who has been with me for about three years, and a whole shitload of other attachments. In my preparations, I am trying to find ways to convince the people closest to me to move with me if the situation in our country warrants it. Of course, this is all just in case something does happen.

Lemmypoo, Bush has already been planning changes to his cabinet, and I think Rumsfeld may be on the chopping block, as well as Rice and Powell, so I guess you could check #5 off your list, at least partially. Cheney is there to stay, but it will be nice to see some new faces in the White House for a change.

#40747 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 November 2004 - 10:21 PM in News

Let's see if the Republican's predictions for a better economy, and stabilization on Iraq hold out in these next 4 years. I doubt that the Republicans would pull off any drastic legislation like the Patriot Act anytime soon unless they had a good reason. At this point, I don't think they can use 9/11 as an excuse anymore, and any future civil rights violations by the government will start to sway even the most hardcore Bush supporter. By the time that comes full circle, I no longer intend to be living here.

The Republicans are not going to give us a better economy. It is, and will continue to get worse. Bush's policys are shit, and everyone knows it.

In terms of a drastic legislation such as the Patriot Act, I guess you have missed the draft of the Patriot Act II (or The Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003) That Ashcroft sent around in Jan. of 2003. They dont seem too strongly opposed to the idea of finishing locking their mannacles around the American people's civil libertys. And if they do try it, I seriously doubt America would rise up. This election has proven that it most likey wont. Most Americans swallowed Bush's load deep-throat style when he said the Patriot Act was 100% justified and for our own good. Not a single person who voted for it read it front to back as far as Im aware. It was not written well enough, not specific and well defined enough, for something that deals so directly with the libertys of American citizens, and no one cared, because Bush told them not to. If you think that has changed just because Sept. 11th is a few years past I fear you may find yourself sadly mistaken.

If you think we're completely fucked, there is always the option of moving to another country. Bush is here whether we like it or not. I am not a big fan of him and his administration, but I am at least trying to look at the positive side of things, and find ways to take care of the negative.

Economy-wise, I have learned that the reason why there is a huge gap between the rich and poor is the fact that the poor do a bad job at managing and utilising the resources available to them. On top of that, the average citizen has become too reliant upon others for their well-being (i.e., a paycheck from their employer) America is still the land of opportunity, it's just that many people don't know where to look. I was raised in a family that learned to be self-reliant. If people don't learn to adapt to the economy climate, they are going to have serious problems, and I don't think that the government is going to do much about it.

After careful thought and discussion wih my friends, I have personally decided to do what I can to make this country better, regardless of who's in office. If things get to a certain point where the US's democracy turns into a fascist christain nation, and I have done everything I can to prevent that, I am going to figure, "Fuck this shit." and move to another country. There are many great countries in the world out there, and I am not afraid to open my mind to new ideas and options. Although the move to Canada seems tempting right now, I am going to at least do my best to make this country the best it can be.

#40725 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 November 2004 - 08:47 PM in News

If Bush fucks up in his second term, he is more accountable for his actions.

Bush Held Accountable? I mean really what are they gonna do to him. We missed our chance to get him out of office so accually all the people who voted for Bush should be held acountable.

The main thing that I'm trying to say is that since Bush noticed our nation's support due to the popular vote, he has more reason to live up to his campaign promises, whatever they may be. If I were president seeking re-election, I would be fucking grateful for the citizen's support, and live up to my more positive strengths.

Let's see if the Republican's predictions for a better economy, and stabilization on Iraq hold out in these next 4 years. I doubt that the Republicans would pull off any drastic legislation like the Patriot Act anytime soon unless they had a good reason. At this point, I don't think they can use 9/11 as an excuse anymore, and any future civil rights violations by the government will start to sway even the most hardcore Bush supporter. By the time that comes full circle, I no longer intend to be living here.

Besides, in about 20 years or so, the Baby boomers (who make up a huge majority of conservatives) will be dying off, and the younger generation will take control of our government. The GOP majority isn't going to last forever you know.

#40722 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 November 2004 - 08:21 PM in News

It isn't democracy when speaking out makes you a dissenter...
It isn't democracy when John Ashcroft is in the cabinet...
It may not be democracy for a long time with these upcoming Supreme Court Appointments...

As I have said before, if shit like that keeps up, I am sure someone out there is going to be pissed off enough to start making changes. Besides, Bush is changing some of his cabinet members, so there is at least some hope for the next 4 years. If Bush fucks up in his second term, he is more accountable for his actions. If he is the true christain he claims to be, his conscience will come back to him in the long run.

#40712 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 November 2004 - 07:17 PM in News

The only thing cheering me up today is the thought that I might get to vote for her in 4 years. Give me 12 years of Bush and 12 years of Clinton and we can compare notes in 2012.

Isn't that when the supposed "end of the world" is supposed to happen, according to the Incan and Egyptian calendars? Just kidding.

After this election, I have had enough of the partisan hackery from both sides. Bush won. If you voted for him, enjoy it. If you didn't, you should find ways to help or put up with him. It's not the end of the world. America is still a democracy, and we still have the same potential for change as we did 4 years ago.

#40697 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 November 2004 - 06:33 PM in News

Well to some it up, either America has become as stupid as George Bush himself or they were all smoking pot when the voted.

If all of America were smoking pot, I think they would have all voted for Banandrick (sp) or Nader, who are more in favor of legalizing the shit, and save the government money that they are otherwise throwing away on our other noun-based war (besides terrorism)- the war on drugs.

For these election results, I am going with Cx's argument that our country is starting to combine church and state, which shouldn't even be happening to begin with.

The draft rumors may not sway me away from America, but having the country turning into a complete pseudo-Christain state will convince me to move to Canada. At least some people vote based on logic rather than religous beliefs which may or may not be right.

#40683 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 November 2004 - 05:00 PM in News

If there ever is a draft, I'm just going to hightail it over to my local Air Force recruiter.

If there's ever a draft you can find me in Canada. This really really sucks. How did Bush actually win this? I mean let's look at the facts

-No weapons of mass destruction
-No use of weapons of mass destruction by Saddam
-No link between Saddam and the Al- Queda
-Bin Laden is still out there
-Kim Jong around the time of Iraq stated that he did in fact have weapons of mass destruction and Bush didn't go after him, however he insisted that we must go after Saddam for the very same reason (which as it turns out Bush was wrong about).
-Bush is about as intelligent as my three year old cousin.
-Bush has put the country into some extreme debt with the war. Future generations will be paying it off, not his.

I seriously have no clue how he won.

Then let's tell Bush to get off his ass and get these problems fixed. After all, he did win the popular vote. Since he most likely did win, we citizens have every right to hold him more accountable for his decisions in the next 4 years.

I figure if things keep turning out for the worst, it's only a matter of time before people start overthrowing the government. Then we can start fresh for a change.....

#40679 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 November 2004 - 04:53 PM in News

Despite my minor disappointment about Bush winning, I have remained pretty positive about it. Do any of you W supporters have any positive things to say about what may happen in the next 4 years?

#40675 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 November 2004 - 04:34 PM in News

Hey, at least Jon Stewart will get 4 more years of good steady material.

I just hope that the opposition to Bush from this election helps him realize that he needs to straighten a few things out in his policies and administration. I have already heard of possible plans to change a few key members of his cabinet. As much as I do not agree with many of Bush's policies, I truly wish him the best in reuniting the country for the better. I intend to see through the next 4 years, and only plan to leave the country if shit gets REALLY bad.

Until then, I intend to start supporting the Libertarian party. I have researched alot about them, and their views actually seem to make sense compared to the Democrat/Republican party system we all hear about. Who's with me on refining the system?

You forgot one thing say goodbye to world peace and a voluntary army.

At this point, I'm not worried about a draft. Both sides oppose it anyways because it would do more harm than good to the military, not to mention fuck up the social and economical balances in the country. If there ever is a draft, I'm just going to hightail it over to my local Air Force recruiter.

#40614 Election 2k4

Posted by Oroku Saki on 02 November 2004 - 07:57 PM in News

Got my vote in for the Wisconsin polls. Let's see how this mess turns out. I also convinced my girlfriend to go out and vote, although she hates both Bush and Kerry. She told me she's going to vote for Nader this year. If you hate both the Republicans and Dems, then vote for the Libertarian, Green Party or Nader, or whoever the hell else is listed on your ballot.

One major reason why many undecided people choose the major parties is because they feel that their vote won't count if they vote otherwise. Although the third party candidates may not win this election, at least you are helping them put a dent in the current system by showing your support for them.

No matter who gets elected, I doubt that it will be the end of the world because of it.

Excercise your rights!

Vote, dammit, vote!

#40547 Halo 2

Posted by Oroku Saki on 02 November 2004 - 02:45 AM in Off Topic

You know guys, if you have downlaoded the leak of H2 I wouldn't be talking about it on here....or anywhere.

As long as no one posts a direct link or any other direct information on finding a download of the leak, I don't see a problem with it. That is at least the rule enforced on many game system modding/hacking sites and forums. The leak exists, and some people have copies of it. End of story. Besides, the leak is in French, and can only be played on modded X-boxes, so I don't think many of us would really bother getting it anyway.

I wasn't too excited about Doom 3 when it came out. One of my friends bought a copy and it was lagging pretty bad when playing online on his brand new Dell. I feel more excited about Halo 2 because it would be interesting to see some of the new shit they threw in. I haven't seen many shooters where you can dual-wield weapons.....

#40314 George Dubya, And 9-11

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 October 2004 - 10:42 PM in Off Topic

What's your view on homosexuality?

I have posted the link to this article before, but I found it to best describe my views on the gay marraige issue.

http://www.angrypatr...m/politics.html

Just scroll down to the section entitled "Same Sex Marraiges."

Personally, I don't care if someone is gay. One of my friends came out of the closet a few months ago, and I don't feel any different about him because of it. I have also heard of gay long-term relationships working out more often than heterosexual ones, because they are happy being able to live as who they are, instead of being afraid of ridicule and discrimination. For the marraige issue, I think the best compromise is to just call it a "Civil Union" and be done with it.

Of course kerry is better. He has debating experience (probably in high school or college) but Bush doesn't. You can tell because he has more reasoning paths, making sure to get back on EVERY argument, leaving none behind. He also flows (takes notes) which is super-good.

Hence why I think Kerry would make a good leader to help bring our country together. If you are prepared and believe in your thoughts and views, and are willing to admit to your mistakes, you make a strong leader. Hell, it worked for Kennedy.

Also, getting to back Kerry's Iraq policy, I have found that he wants to get international support to help stabilize Iraq (unlike Bush who seems to maintain that we are fine by ourselves there), so we can gradually pull out our own troops. I doubt that Kerry is going to suddenly tell the entire military in Iraq to pack up and go home on his first day in office.

#40312 Halo 2

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 October 2004 - 10:37 PM in Off Topic

Yeah thats true, but you have to consider that halo 1 was originally made for PC. You never know with gaming companies, they lie... alot.

Which explains why Fable didn't completely live up to its hype. I think it's still a pretty good game, but the designers promised so many things when they first announced it.

Usually, gaming companies are worst about release dates when they make press releases. Wasn't Doom 3 and Halo 2 supposed to have been out over a year ago? Not to mention World of Warcraft.

#40310 George Dubya, And 9-11

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 October 2004 - 10:23 PM in Off Topic

You never know. I know people who are confident in Bush as well, but we'll see on election day.

Watching the debates, Kerry seemed to be stronger in his arguments compared to Bush. Also, I have noticed in the media that for every bad thing Republicans say about Kerry, the liberals seem to have ten bad points about Bush

I don't listen much to the polls on which candidate has a better chance of being elected, because it is usually a random sampling of a few hundred people. Also depending on who's doing the polling, it can be easily doctored to make one side look better than the other. The only real way to see who is favored more as president is in the actual election.

#40302 Halo 2

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 October 2004 - 09:43 PM in Off Topic

I'm not sure but I think I remember hearing that it does not have LAN but don't quote me.

I hope so. Then I can at least use XBconnect to play online.

#40301 George Dubya, And 9-11

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 October 2004 - 09:39 PM in Off Topic

Speaking of Bin Laden, I wouldn't be surprised if Fox News did a fake story of Osama's capture right before the election.....

Finally got around to listening to a stream of the whole 3rd debate, and I am confident Kerry will most likely win. I figure that if Bush gets elected, it won't be the end of the world, but I think the next 4 years would be more bearable if he wasn't in office. If Bush takes a second term, I can only hope that none of the Supreme court justices retire or croak while he is president.

#40295 Halo 2

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 October 2004 - 09:07 PM in Off Topic

I have my copy of Halo 2 preordered. Too bad I can't play Xbox Live due to my Xbox being modded. Does anyone know if it still supports LAN play like the first one?

#40162 George Dubya, And 9-11

Posted by Oroku Saki on 29 October 2004 - 03:01 AM in Off Topic

Let's just hope Hillary doesn't get the Democratic nomination in the next election.

If Bush somehow manages to win another 4 years, I assure you that Hillary will get the Dem nomination and the presidency in 08.

The sad thing is that it would almost be worth it to me...

...nah, nothing is worth Bush for 4 more, but Hillary would rock as prez.

I suppose you may be right, Cx. There are a few things I may find questionable about Hillary, but I also would rather have her in office instead of Bush. I wonder why she didn't run in this election. Who knows, maybe if she does run and get elected, our country could take a turn for the better.

AirApache, the Saudi-Bush connection existed way before Bush was even president. How did he get these connections so early on, and why? I am pretty sure it was more than just politics.

Although many countries were speculating about Iraq's WMD, and they were agreeing with us so far, why did Bush decide to jump in right away? There are several other countries in the world that hate us, violate many human rights, and have WMD that the CIA directly confirmed. Why didn't we attack those countries? They seemed to pose a greater threat.

When it comes to the war on terrorism, I think that Bush is doing a terrible job. Al-Queda attacks us on 9/11, and we send a handful of troops in Afghanistan to go after Bin Laden. The old fuck has bad kidneys, so he needs to use a dialysis machine. If a wanted criminal is in poor health, why is it taking authorities 3+ years to capture him? I doubt Bin Laden is able to move too far with his illness, so it must be something else preventing his capture. Maybe because there aren't many troops there to begin with? We have the resources to take out the central spine of Al-Queda, yet why the fuck aren't we pulling it off? In reaction to 9/11, what Bush probably should have done is bomb the shit out of Afghanistan, and send a shitload of troops to flush out and kill off the Taliban and Al-Queda. If we needed to, we could get international support to pressure Pakistan to help us out. Problem solved, and a major battle won on the war on terror. The good part is the majority of the world would be on our side, we would kick some ass, and the nation would be safer once again.

Reverend Loveless tells me the liberals are all devil-woshipping communist faggots.

That was pretty funny, Lemmypoo. I was just poking some more fun at the hardcore white-supremist christians out there (like Jerry Falwell) who think they are always right about everything.

Speaking of which, I remember Bush said that "God told him" to invade Iraq. What the fuck kind of reasoning is that? That is a type of defense psycho murderers use when they are on trial.

#40152 George Dubya, And 9-11

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 October 2004 - 11:20 PM in Off Topic

Actually, I heard McCain may run for the Republicans in 2008, not Powell (unless they pass an amendment for immigrants to run, therefore letting Arnold run for office). Let's just hope Hillary doesn't get the Democratic nomination in the next election.

Reverend Loveless tells me the liberals are all devil-woshipping communist faggots.

And the reverend has some choir boy abuse allegations against him, so does that make him right?

Just kidding.

Since when were liberals devil worshippers? I am yet to hear of a satanist liberal. The ones I know of are christain to some extent, or non-religious. On top of that, the gay community only makes up a fraction of liberals. Gun control is a step towards communism, so I guess you may be slightly correct on that. The thing is that communists are completely athiest, so how can a communist be free to worship the Dark Lord Satan™?

Personally, although I agree with many liberal ideals, I see myself as more of a libertarian, but the one running for office has less of a chance at getting elected than Nader. This election, I am nore concerned with getting Bush out of office, so I can live with Kerry for 4 years. After this election, the libertarians have another 4 years until the next election to grow in support. The Dems and GOPers have gotten too large, and it is only a matter of time before they start to collapse.