VeggieBoy 3000's Content

There have been 156 items by VeggieBoy 3000 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#21911 Questions

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 21 March 2004 - 10:06 AM in Modifications

Those are definitely some good ranges, if you're talking about a flat shot. I've never seeen a single shot chainblazer but 80 feet is pretty good for almost any gun. 65 ft. seems about the same as most people are getting with their NF's in the 50-70 ft. range.

#21910 Irritating Situation

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 21 March 2004 - 10:01 AM in General Nerf

Pretty much all the guys I nerf with use the same ammo, with some exceptions, so we've never really had that problem. Sure, everyone's darts look different, but you pretty much are just trading ammo when you shoot at each other. By the end of the war our ammo supplies are all mixed, and we'll trade bak, but not during rounds. But if one guy uses stock darts or zero's then we either leave them or give them to him after the round, and he does the same with our stefans.

#21862 Umno Recap

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 20 March 2004 - 10:28 PM in Nerf Wars

well, UMNO has come and gone, and it was definitely a sweet war, even though I missed the first few rounds due to lacrosse practice, it was still awesome. There were 12 people there, plus my lil bro who showed up for 1/2 an hour. WE expected more people, hopefully 20, but a lot of guys backed out at the last minute. Hey, what can you do. Best round was the dodgeball round, props to hawkeye for coming up with the idea. We divided up into 2 person teams and one hit and you're out. You get back in when the person who killed you gets shot. Always new people getting in, kept things really exciting and fast paced. It was sweet to have J-cobbers there with his super pimped out crossbow monstrosity. Watch out come summertime, all of you california/new jersy guys, Nerf is alive and kicking in the midwest!

#21417 Looking For A Chainblazermod

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 16 March 2004 - 07:20 PM in Modifications

well if you want to keep the chain thing going, you could just put a cpvc barrel inside of each of the chain barrels, then it would be able to shoot micros, and probably considerably more range.

#21203 9 Days Left

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 12 March 2004 - 04:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Alrighty then, J_Cobbers, Youre taking I-75 south, get off at the Adams Rd. Exit (exit 74) Even thought it says Adams, the ramp connects to Square Lake Rd. Turn left onto Square Lake, and Firefighter's Park is about 1 1/2 miles down, on the left, between coolidge and crooks. You can't miss it it's a huge park, right next to the road.

PS, there's another exit that says square lake road. DO NOT take this exit. Square lake ends and reastarts, so you have to get off at the ADAMS exit.

EDIT: If anyone from Ohio is coming, ask me and I'll get you some directions too.

#21202 Good Modding Gun?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 12 March 2004 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

So you're looking for a good first mod, eh? Well, the firs guns I modded were *surprise* my two locknloads. They're really really simple guns, and super easy to mod. I'm not sure if you've done htis or not, but you can take off the big yellow sliding top. It makes the gun a lot smaller and look a lot cooler. You can tape a key ring on the cocking handle to make it easier to cock too. Even if you don't want to do any mods, I'd do this. Now you don't have to open the gun up, unless you want to replace the spring inside. (use one from a ratchetblast or chainblazer) This isn't necessary but will make the gun shoot a lot further. Now if you want your gun to shoot megas, all you have to do is pull out that peg i the barrel because it restricts a lot of the air, decreasing range. If you want to shoot micro darts, get some 1/2 inch cpvc, wrap it in one layer of duct tape, and shove it into the barrel, it should fit perfectly. If you're just using stock micros then it only has to be as long as the barrel, amybe a bit longer so you can pull it out easier. Then you can shoot either megas with the regualr barrel, or attach the cpvc adapter to shoot micros.

#20564 Pump Question

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 02 March 2004 - 09:39 PM in General Nerf

how many more pumps will it take though?

#20558 Pump Question

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 02 March 2004 - 09:18 PM in General Nerf

Alright, I'm trying to find a way to put a pump into the handle of my sneakshot 2k integration. Right now I have an at2k pump that was gonna be mounted on the side, but the handle would be another cool option if it's possible. As I look at it, I see two options:

1. Cut the at2k pump and pump tube down so they're shorter and fit with the length of the handle

2. Use a SM750 pump. (zero mentions it in his blastfire pistol mod.) I'm assuming then that the SM750's pump assembly is shorter and maybe even narrower than an at2k pump, which is quite long. I've never actually seen one of these so correct me if I'm wrong.

Which of these options do you think would work better? I'd like to hear from some people who have done something like this before on their guns, and some people familiar with SM750 internals. Also do you guys have any other ideas for me?

#20283 Umno!

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 29 February 2004 - 03:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Alex, are you sure you wanna start it so late in the afternoon? Or do you wanna go with like 9 or 10 AM to get in some more nerfing time. Plus, I might have lacrosse practice that day, the chances are small but theyre there, so getting an early start would be better if I had practice at like 3 or 4 or something.

#20223 I Need Help With Darts

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 28 February 2004 - 10:14 PM in General Nerf

Ok I'm getting some pretty good ideas here but also how do you straighten a dart because they come in rolls. I've tried hairdrying them for literally about 1/2 a hour each, and they still don't get straight. :angry:

dude, just throw all your darts in the clothes dryer when your done for like 30 secs to a minute. Low or maybe medium heat. The settings and time are trial and error pretty much. Not enough and your darts will still be curved, too much and they'll shrivel up a bit, just gotta find the right amount.

#20092 I Need Help With Darts

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 27 February 2004 - 08:36 PM in General Nerf

When you put the hotglue on the tip of your dart, a good way to get it to dry fast and in a perfect dome is to have a bowl of ice water and ser teh dart in there after you put the glue on the top. The dart will float but because the tip is weighted it will sit in the cold water which will harden it quicker. It also gets a perfect dome most if not all of the time. Just leave em in there for a minute or two, just make sure that they don;t stick to the sides of the bowl!

#19977 Bolt Action With Ejecter

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 26 February 2004 - 06:21 PM in Homemades

Boltsniper's got one. It's CO2 powered, all pvc, freakin' sweet.

check it out!

#19974 Ss1

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 26 February 2004 - 06:13 PM in Modifications

WEll, if you're talking about the triple-barreled mod, it goes like this: The plunger tube has one hole in it. There's a little triangle thing on front of the plunget rube that has two holes in it. One leads to the front barrel, and one leads to the handle barrel. When you rotate the orange thing on the top, you're really rotating the entire plunger tube, and by doing that you line up the plunger hole with a different barrel hole. Once you drill the third hole in the triangle peice, you now have the potential for a triple barreled gun, but you need a way to get to that hole, which is where cutting the case comes in. Once you cut the case so you can rotate it to either side, you now have three barrel choices. (you never fire 2 barrels at once, just one at a time) One side fires one barrel, the other side fires the other barrel, and the top fires the middle barrel. You'll really need the gun opened up in front of you to see it all properly, but that's basically how the 3-barrel mod works. Frost Vectron's site has another good write-up of the same mod, but a little different (he was the first one to actually come up with the mod I think, and the other write-ups are just modified versions of his) Zero's website has a write-up too. (can't remember the addresses right off the top of my head but theyre fairly well known sites)

Hope that helps you out. I've personally done this mod, and youu'll either end up with an awesome milling machine or a peice of crap. The important part is just to make sure that you don't leave any holes or air leakage, because that's what causes a lot of the probelms with htis mod.

#19898 Lanard Blast Bazooka

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 25 February 2004 - 09:39 PM in General Nerf

It looks like a carbon copy of the airzooka to me, except with a little different shell. It's got the same pump location, size, look, and even whistling ammo!

#19513 Canada Anyone?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 22 February 2004 - 03:27 PM in Nerf Wars

If the 4k's anything like the 2k, you should also take the barrels off, and pull out all the stupid air restrictors behind them, then put them back on. You shouldn't have to dissasemble the gun or mess with the rotating mechanism to do this. then again, this is basred on the assumption that the 4k's barrels are like the 2k's. Someone who's done this on a 4k wanna explain better?

#19372 Help Needed

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 20 February 2004 - 03:49 PM in Off Topic

well, you could use the printscreen button (Prt Scrn) That saves a picture of whatever's on the screen onto the clipboard, then you could pase it into a picture program. Other than that, there's probably some programs out there that can dissect movies into pictres.

#19282 Best Homemades

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 18 February 2004 - 09:22 AM in Homemades

Its another topic right on this site, here ya go:
http://nerfhaven.com...t=0

#19273 Best Homemades

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 17 February 2004 - 10:21 PM in Homemades

I have a pretty cool brass clip system on my bna that's in another topic, you could easily adapt it to a homemade.

#19272 Tech Target Cpvc Breech

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 17 February 2004 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

Way to salvage a waste of a gun, man, nice job. Now I understand what you were saying earlier about the coupler and the shorter plunger tube, the last time you described it it didnt make sense, but yeah nice job.

#19221 Ultimate Bow N Arrow

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 17 February 2004 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

I'll prolly just play around with differnt clip materials until I find what's best. Wood, cardboard, and sheet metal are the main possibilities like you said, maybe cardboard wrapped in a few layers of duct tape to make it stronger, since I've had success with those types of clips in the past.

#19218 Ultimate Bow N Arrow

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 17 February 2004 - 03:36 PM in Modifications

I posted this over at nhq, but this is really cool so i guess I'll post it here too. Some of you may remember my old clip loading bna. This is the next version of that system, which is much more reliable, and gets better ranges due to a perfect seal with the barrel. You can see how it works in the pics. Basically the rubber band pulls the 9/16" barrel over the 17/32" shell, until it hits the ridge on the shell, which then pushes the shell back against the o-ring. A clip is coming soon, as soon as I can get out and buy the rest of the materials. This setup will allow me to use a telescoping brass barrel, but still have blazingly fast reload times, and not lose any power because of the bad seal sometimes created by clip systems. The gun gets ranges of over 100ft easily, and it's super powerful.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19043 Super Maxx X-2

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 14 February 2004 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

ATB's got a nifty little integration liek that, cept its got a 750 AND a 1500 in it. He got it so the stock 1500 trigger fits right where the x-2 trigger was before, which is really freakin' cool. It always seems to be "broken" though, so i'm not too sure about how well it functions :)

#17946 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 02 February 2004 - 06:29 PM in Modifications

HA! Someone else fianlly realizes the true greatness of cpvc! thanks THIRST!

#17791 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 31 January 2004 - 10:56 PM in Modifications

It gets that range with stefans, I just used stock darts for the pics cuz thats what I had with me at the time. It only gets about 50 with stock darts, and less accuracy.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and THIRST, you don't always have to push the darts all the way down, it gets good enough range if you just push them in with your pinky (I sanded down the inside edge of the barrel so you can push em in kinda far) However if you have time you can shove them all the way down if you want.

#17722 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 31 January 2004 - 02:55 PM in Modifications

Maybe I will, black-wrath. I'd have to find some more of the parts around my house or go to the store and then I'll get some prices for materials. Anyways PM me if you really want one

#17711 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 31 January 2004 - 02:10 PM in Modifications

Alrighty guys here ya go. It's pretty simple really, the basic air restrictor removal/barrel replacement/size reduction mod. It's somewhat like Raggy's mod except I drilled a hole in the plunger cap where he said he didn't, and I used cpvc instead of brass or petg. I'm happy to report really good ranges for this gun, the same as my lock n loads! (60-70 ft at least)

Posted Image

I also built a "quick-draw" holster for either this gun or my lock n loads (it fits either gun) It's made out of a water bottle holder thing that was like a belt, with another football belt attached to it. One strap goes around my waist, and the other around my leg, which lets the holster sit securely lower on my leg than a normal belt clip, which makes it easier to draw the gun quickly. Look at the pics and you'll see what I mean. And yes, those are the NF ammo holders taped to the holster.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17264 Sneakshot

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 27 January 2004 - 11:16 AM in General Nerf

blaster, did you say that you left the air hose on the end of the plunger tube? That thing restricts the air quite a bit. I'd take it off so you have just the plunger tube and glue a coupler/barrel directly onto that. You should get much better results then.

#17230 Umno!

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 26 January 2004 - 10:13 PM in Nerf Wars

thats good for me too, wrestling's over by then for sure.

#16959 Has Anyone Heard Of Airsoft Air Bazookas?

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 23 January 2004 - 07:17 PM in General Nerf

I'd have to disagree on this one. If you can get one of those things for a decent price, go for it. I got mine on ebay for i think $9 after shipping, and i would say it was worth that easily. It's easy to pry the rubber air restrictor off the end of the barrel, and after that like Jcobbers said it can shoot micros at pretty good distances (over 70 ft). The stock missiles aren't too shabby either. They can go about 40 feet if you pump it enough times, but the low range isn't the point. They're big, and they whistle, and it's a freakin' nerf bazooka, how cool is that? Load about 4-5 micros in the barrel, and it turns into a pretty nice shotgun too. The only problem is that it takes forever to pump this gun, because of bad pump design, but if you really wanted to you could attach a different pump onto the air tank and it would probably decrease the pump time considerably.

#16579 A Question About Stefans

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 17 January 2004 - 07:03 PM in General Nerf

I've heard a few theories of why the hole in the back is better, and I really haven't done much thinking on the subject, but what I do know is this: The darts with holes in the back work better. This is just through trial and error, so take from it what you want. I've tried both though, and in my opinion the darts with holes work better.

#16529 Custom Air Xxl Bazooka Darts: Tips

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 16 January 2004 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

What about pool noodles? I know you can make ultimator ammo out of those, and they should be about the same size as the xxl bazooka missiles. I dont think I would want to dart mod one of those babies though, it's just too cool, and such a huge gun shooting one tiny dart just seems like such a waste when you can get a much smaller gun to do the same thing.

#16158 Sneakshot

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 10 January 2004 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

yes it is, but i took that clip off and I'm working on a better one right now

#16151 Sneakshot

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 10 January 2004 - 07:02 PM in General Nerf

if you want to see my guns, you can go here, its got the sneakshot info as well as a few of my other custom jobs.

my nerf guns

#16078 Sneakshot

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 09 January 2004 - 07:40 PM in General Nerf

Don't believe anything you hear about the sneakshot, that gun is really good. Sure it sucks out of the box, but don't most nerf guns? It's got the same spring as a ratchetblast/chainblazer on the inside and the plunger tube is actually quite large. I bought one on Ebay for a dollar and when I opened it up I found that it put out WAY more air than my LnL's , which was a good sign. The reason it sucked so much was that the barrel is connected to the plunger tube by some rubber tubing, which really restricted the airflow. If you just pull off the entire barrel assembly you can glue some cpvc (or pvc/brass/whatever you prefer) straight onto the end of the plunger tube. As an added bonus, once you take out all the extra crap on the inside, theres plenty of room for integrations or all kinds of creative stuff. Mine gets 70-90 ft, depending on the darts, with the cpvc barrel.

Anyways, here's a picture so you can see what I'm talking about. That's an at2k in the bottom grip, but I ran out of plumber's goop so I havent attached the pump yet.

Posted Image

hope that helps you

#15883 Umno!

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 06 January 2004 - 07:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah it's still going on, like Alex said its gotta be in march though. Any saturday probably works for me and whoever I bring, except for the 6th- wrestling'll probably still be going on that day.

#15476 Your Favorite Guns (and Combos)

Posted by VeggieBoy 3000 on 02 January 2004 - 12:26 AM in General Nerf

Depending on what type of war I'm in, I'll use either Lil' Abner (my RF20/SS2 integration that some of you may know from NHQ) which is like a rush-proof loser gun. If I'm feeling sneaky or playing CTF, I may use a 4-barreled AT2k or my brass-modded splitfire since they're smaller and easier to handle. I also just got a triple-shot for Christmas, which I may end up using quite a bit. I love the range/rof combination. Normally I'll only use one gun though, becase having a bunch makes it tough to reload.