nerfnerd88's Content

There have been 154 items by nerfnerd88 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#210495 Anyone Want To Join A Band?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 08 February 2009 - 03:16 PM in Off Topic

I'm a drummer who has had a very difficult time keeping a band together, so I came up with the idea of having a 'virtual band'.

Essentially you only know the band members from different websites Facebook, Myspace, etc...

You write music and send files to each other. With some emails and phone calls you could eventually put a song together. I thought that this might be a fun thing to do because you don't need to live in the same vicinity to play. You could have a basest in China and a Drummer in Africa.

The first time you meet each other would be at your first gig.

I was just curious if any of you or your friends were interested this this sort of a thing. Give me your feedback. If this is a dumb idea please let me know.

#208573 Petg

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 01 February 2009 - 11:56 AM in Modifications

I was planning on ordering some PETG online, but none of the measurements are in fraction/inches. Could any of you tell me the right size to order?

#200231 Best Stock Nerf Darts

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 01 January 2009 - 02:22 PM in General Nerf

The classic red micros. As long as there in good shape.

#200228 Closed

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 01 January 2009 - 02:17 PM in Modifications

I dont know what kind of a spring you put in it, but I added a first gen NF spring and was having similar problems. Although I was recieving 20-25ft I found that if I didn't shove the dart all the way down the barrel there would be less resistance. I recieve aroud 35ft. I think that might be your problem as well.

#200226 Nightfinder Manta Ray Mod

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 01 January 2009 - 02:13 PM in Modifications

I swear the NF's both hit 75 flat

That is very much possible. Even though all NF's have the same internals, for some reason some recieve higher ranges than others. I have had 4 NF's, same mods on all of them, new spring, removed AR's, added a brass barrel...etc. One of which hits low 80's, Mid 70's and the other 2 get around 60. Start purchasing NF's by the gross and you'll see how they are all recieve different ranges.

#200222 Nightfinder Manta Ray Mod

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 01 January 2009 - 02:08 PM in Modifications

I swear the NF's both hit 75 flat

That is very much possible. Even though all NF's have the same internals, for some reason some recieve higher ranges than others. I have had 4 NF's, same mods on all of them, new spring, removed AR's, added a brass barrel...etc. One of which hits low 80's, Mid 70's and the other 2 get around 60.

#200068 A Very Strange Find...

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 31 December 2008 - 07:22 PM in General Nerf

I wish sometime soon hasbro would release a new line of just nerf guns that shot arrows or missles. That would be fun.

#200064 Big Bad Bows?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 31 December 2008 - 07:13 PM in General Nerf

They are most likely going out of production. Remember how the magstrikes were dirt cheep and then gone the next day. None of our stores carry BBB's except for target and when I went there there they were out of stock. Then I went to the service counter and checked if they had any in the back (a very helpful thing to do, almost half of the guns I've purchased were not on the shelf) and when they checked they said that they were completely out and there wasnt any information about a shipment comming in.

#198278 Magstrike Bladder

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 23 December 2008 - 12:10 PM in Modifications

So wait, it still has a fast air release like normal air guns do? Does this mean I should use an air gun barrel fit on the clip, because I thought I should use a tight fit when I thought the gun was actually spring powered?

Yes you could cut off the piston and just add a barrel onto that, but you would get very poor ranges. The air release speed is not amazingly quick. It shoots off the whole bladder in a little under a second, but remember that a second is a whole lot of time for the air to release. The dart would just barely leave the barrel because there would be no sudden pressure build up/release.

#198276 Magstrike Bladder

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 23 December 2008 - 12:04 PM in Modifications

The bladder itself will not break. The tubing will break, then the seal, but it will take a hell of a lot to get the bladder to split open.

If you are familiar enough with your magstrike that you would feel comfortable replacing any popped tubing then I would do it. And if you don't, then don't. It really only increases ROF which in my opinion is fast enough. I did it with my magstrike but later unbanded it (I didn't like the idea of shooting off 10 rounds in 3/4 of a second)

Your choice.

#197500 Powerclip Question

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 20 December 2008 - 03:52 PM in Modifications

I took out my powerclip and was thinking about sanding off the end stump on the bladder that releases air when it is overly pumped. I was going to do it, but read that if you pump it more than 15 times the seal will break. I really want it to be able to shoot off 2 clips, but I also don't want to break it.

Has anyone done this, or know if it is possible.

#196635 Couple Of Questions.

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 16 December 2008 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

I think that overall if you can get aluminum barrels use them. For my darts and stock darts I receive slightly better ranges, it looks much cooler, and is easier to ram the dart down (If you have a long barrel).

#195756 At2k Quicker Air Release ...but Wait! It Gets Better....

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 12 December 2008 - 11:27 PM in Modifications

I see how many of you think that the tank extension works, but how? Someone who did it, tell me in detail exactly how you did it? If you look at the facts it is impossible to do without another missing step. Someone please tell me.

And secondly it does matter how fast you pull the trigger on an air gun such as these. Try this to your Airtech and you will see that your range is dramatically increased when you suddenly rip the trigger back, instead of squeezing it.

Ranges are around the 110'

I'm not Fucking 13 years old. I'm taking AP Physics. Bitch.

#195698 At2k Quicker Air Release ...but Wait! It Gets Better....

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 12 December 2008 - 06:47 PM in Modifications

EDIT: The mod pics weren't helping at all.

I have made the decision to make a bold move by letting everyone on Nerfhaven see how the tank extension mod for the airtech guns is not true. I messed around with the gu-gauge and tried exactly what the mod said to do to extend the tank. For those of you who don't know how the gu-gauge works. It is like a small balloon that seals the airtank from the liquid. When air is pumped into the gun the balloon inflates pushing the liquid up.

There are 3 main problems I found with these mods.

1. If you cut off the top of the gauge, poor out the liquid and put pvc around it, you still have that "balloon" seal preventing any air from getting up into the extended tank.
2. If you remove the "balloon" so air can reach the extended tank you loose the seal between the two parts and the tank wont hold any air.
3. The final problem is if you cut a hole in the "balloon" and do extend the tank you dont increase the range at all. I added an additional 3 inches of tank to it and it increased my ranges at the most by 3ft. Which could just have easily happened just by the weather.

Nerf isn't real war. With the AT family, never squeeze the trigger. Always firmly pull it.

Prove me wrong.

#195680 At2k Question.

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 12 December 2008 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

If you wanted to add a huge pump to a gun then sure but totally impractical when it only takes 7-15 pumps to fill the tank (don't know exact pump:fill tank ratio).

Just to let you know if you do mod your at2k it wont take more than 5 pumps, some tanks can get away with 6 but most break after that. And yes you can put a larger pump on it. Personally if I had an extra magstrike pump I would do it. You will have a much quicker reload time with one pump instead of 5 or 6.

#195327 Nerf Rocket Air Launcher Mod

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 10 December 2008 - 09:53 PM in Modifications

I personaly would have left it the way it was because of the rarity of this toy. But since you arn't a collector, I guess it doesnt really matter.

Does this remind any of you of that SNL skit from forever ago "Nerf Crotch Bats!"

#195034 Bitchslayer

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 09 December 2008 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

That is fucking awesome!!! I cant wait to see the ranges, I bet you would get 200+ with that mother.
Edit- Fuck the 12 gauge, if a robber came into your house, he'd be fucked!

Easily, when I singled my paint-ball gun it overshot my titan by at least 50ft.

But no. I was shot with mine from around 30ft and the hit was little less than a paintball.
You need to remember it might look like it could kill someone because it left a huge hole in a cardboard box, but the human body is not even close to being that rigid and the last time I checked most robbers wear shirts, thus slowing the impact even more.

#194863 Rf20 Rof?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 08 December 2008 - 10:01 PM in General Nerf

My RF20's rapid fire setting is almost just as fast as my magstrike. I timed it at 20rounds in 1.8seconds.

#194425 Amazon Prices?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 06 December 2008 - 08:36 PM in General Nerf

For the most part, Nerf guns on amazon are sold by other people, not the website distributer. Which is why the prices are so much higher on certain items. Other items that are from the website for the most part are the same price or cheeper.

$20 Hyperfire Set

Have any of you seen this?

#193090 At2k And At3k Tanks

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 30 November 2008 - 06:18 PM in General Nerf

Sounds like it was better that I picked up the 2K's and not the 3K's.

I get around 110' with my singled 2K

#193048 How To Load Edited Videos On Youtube

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 30 November 2008 - 04:02 PM in Off Topic

I have a mac and use iMovie HD. The way to do it is after editing it, look on the top where it says share, save it as a Quicktime file, and then upload that file onto Youtube. It should work fine.

#192992 At2k And At3k Tanks

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 30 November 2008 - 01:11 PM in General Nerf

I own two AT2K's and have seen the internals of an AT3K. The air tanks appeared to be the same size.

1. Are they the same size?
2. What is the benifit of getting an AT3K instead of a AT2K?
3. How many pumps are required for an AT3K?

Thanks.

EDIT: One more question, does anyone know it they still make the Air Tech 1000 and 4000?

#192873 Hose Leaks

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 29 November 2008 - 09:58 PM in Modifications

This same thing happened to me with my Wildfire and Titan. What I did was completely removed the hoses on both ends, used alcohal to remove the dried glue, and then put a good sized layer of superglue over the plastic piece that sticks out that the hose goese over (dont know exactly what to call it). Then I put the hose on and waited a minute or two for the glue to dry, and then screwed the piece back over the hose.

If this makes no sense I will post some pictures, but I hope this helps a little.

#192603 Black Friday Debrief

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 28 November 2008 - 09:37 PM in General Nerf

Red DartTag Magstrike for $16.99

Toys R Us

#186476 A New Form For A Double Night Finder... Maybe?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 30 October 2008 - 03:15 PM in Modifications

I just add a brass barrel to it and its definitely getting somewhere around 90ft

I'll post a new pic later.

#186291 A New Form For A Double Night Finder... Maybe?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 29 October 2008 - 05:39 PM in Modifications

This mod is very simple, although I doubt many of you will do this because it involves gutting the internals of a perfectly good Longshot or in my case a broken one.
Essentially all you are doing is taking the plunger tube out of a Longshot and squeezing it into a NF.

These are the only parts that you will need.

Posted Image
Posted Image

You will have to use a slightly bigger screw and with a lot of hammer pounding put the (I dont know the official name for it, but its the round end piece that has the O ring around it.) Put a BBB spring in it and screw it all together.

Posted Image

Next you must cut the back 3/4 of an inch off the back of the LS's plunger tube. You will have to cut and bend the plastic inside and out of the NF to make it fit. There's no exact way to do it. Screw it together, and super glue the plunger tube to the NF, this prevents it from sliding out when being fired.

Posted Image

I'm trying to add some stability to almost the entire gun. Its so fragile if you drop it on grass it might come apart.
No official ranges yet, but it shoots much farther than any-other NF I've seen.
And yes the basic AR removal was done to the LS barrel.

#170808 The Most Powerful Longshot In The World (paintball C02)

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 19 August 2008 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

Everything you guys have said is right. Its bulky, illegal, and nothing more than a paintball gun in a nerf shell.

But I figured since I had a broken LS anyway I might as well use it for something. And I decided that I'm going to add a breech, just so that it will be functional.

#170677 The Most Powerful Longshot In The World (paintball C02)

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 19 August 2008 - 03:50 PM in Modifications

Draconis is completely right. I'll probably add a breach to it so I can use the clip and not have to muzzle load it. If you have a spare paintball gun. I would totally do it. Its really fun to shoot.

#170670 The Most Powerful Longshot In The World (paintball C02)

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 19 August 2008 - 03:35 PM in Modifications

First off I would like to thank TAiLsChaser for giving me the information about paintball barrels. Secondly feel free to give me all the crap you want about using C02 and how its not technically a Longshot.

So to make a long story short. I simply ripped out every last piece from the inside of a longshot, and then cut the outer rims to fit my paintball gun. After that I took a one foot section of 1/2 inch brass and using some o-rings and glue, securely fastened it into the end of the paintball barrel. While keeping all of the important pieces visible. Such as the action and safety.

Now the only reason why I'm telling you this is because I got amazing range results. Here is what it looks like.

Posted Image

I know it looks sloppy but I'll neaten it up later.

Posted Image

No official ranges yet, but it definitely out shoots the National Geographic gun by at least 70ft.

(It only works with stefans. I had to use two 7/0 fishing weights on the top of my dart for it to fly. It shreds streamline darts.)

#158527 Nerf Outing Side Arms

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 09 June 2008 - 02:46 PM in Modifications

Bullshit you have a BBB spring in your NF. That thing will break after 5 shots.

It shouldn't be that hard to believe. My friend and I put a BBB spring in my NF and it shot like a dream. The only thing that happened was the spring pushed the barrel out and down a little, so we just had to use some glue to hold it in place and keep a seal when it shot.

You guys should realy go and try it, so that you can see how it does work and how great it shoots. Even if I did post pictures you would still criticize me and say how it isnt realy a BBB spring. Go try it. It wont break.

But it still makes a relatively loud sound.

#158068 Stefan Issues

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 04 June 2008 - 09:20 PM in Modifications

Kid Flash Posted Today, 06:50 PM
Or try my method and lick your finger and press on the tip. It gets kinda hot but not too bad...

Or even easier, I just stick the whole tip in my mouth. It cools off in half a second. And you barely feel anything.

#153440 Smdtg Integration Idea

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 27 April 2008 - 03:17 PM in Modifications

One of the tanks in my smdtg broke and had an idea for an integration. what if I drilled out the where the tank used to be and put the barrel of the NF through it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I wish the middle tank would have broke. But does anyone have and comments or ideas about how to set up the pump and trigger.

#152799 Smdtg Secret Reveled

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 23 April 2008 - 03:17 PM in General Nerf

Actually to test the pump I broke one of my other ones. I got them on sale for 12 bucks a set, so I picked up a few. I just kept pumping it until the tank split open.
Like I said earlier I was in a rush so I just put it under "General Nerf". I guess it could be considered a modification though. :unsure:

#152687 Smdtg Secret Reveled

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 22 April 2008 - 08:18 PM in General Nerf

First lets review.
1. Take off barrels and AR's fall out
Posted Image

2. Hot glue over the holes in the bottom of the barrels.
Posted Image

3. Hot glue over the Air Release Valve.
Posted Image

No for most of you your gun is now a very powerful side arm. But for the rest of you who have tried this and are still getting stock ranges, here is you problem.

I did this mod to my gun and like some of you it still only got 35ft. So I investigated. I scraped some paint off the guns air tank and noticed this
Posted Image

I know it might not look like much but believe it or not this gun has a second Air Release Valve, located in no other place but that screw itself. If you scrape the paint off of yours and pump it you will notice that after 21 pumps the red piece slightly moves. This doesn't happen with all SMDTG's but I do know it happens to some peoples.
So to fix this problem. Simply turn the screw 1 1/4 of a turn further in and then hot glue all around it.
Posted Image

Now your gun should shoot a lot better. Also to maximize the guns performance pump it 42 times. The tank blows at 45.

#152069 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 19 April 2008 - 06:09 PM in General Nerf

Big Salvo
N-Strike Unity Set
Firefly
2x Nightfinder
2x Wildfire
RF20
2x smdtg
2x teck 4
Longshot
2x Crossfire

#152063 Smdtg Question

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 19 April 2008 - 05:54 PM in General Nerf

I got it at a TRU. The TRU I went to didn't have any on their shelves. They were in the back storage room. If you do go to a TRU ask if they'll check the back. The one I got was in a box to get sent back the the warehouse. I asked how much it was and they said they would sell it to me for $12, that's how I got it.

#152061 Smdtg Question

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 19 April 2008 - 05:43 PM in General Nerf

I just picked up a set of the spiderman vs venom dart tag. I wouldn't have bothered picking one up, but when I noticed they were $12 I just had to get one. I modified it as well as I could without putting new barrels on it and now when I shoot it actually looses range. It wont go over 20ft until I pump it 24 times. I stop pumping it at 30 and then it shoots mid 60's. Has this happened to anyone else, and will I destroy the air tank?

#149331 Hornet

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 04 April 2008 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

I just picked up a hornet and was wondering how many times I should pump it after pluging it.

#147139 Taggers In 1/2in Pvc

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 26 March 2008 - 05:54 PM in General Nerf

I never had problems with taggers in PVC until I used some on my Titan so it could shoot stock darts. To fix it I just used a little spray lubricant on the inside of the barrel and now it works great.

#147137 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 26 March 2008 - 05:31 PM in General Nerf

2).