nerfnerd88's Content

There have been 154 items by nerfnerd88 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#120339 Way Off Topic But..

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 18 August 2007 - 08:25 PM in Off Topic

Thanks and your right there all technoey and wierd.

#120336 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 18 August 2007 - 08:23 PM in Off Topic

Why do you think that after all of these years of Nerf, why hasnt Hasbro designed a simple pump free shot gun. Like five nite finders put together with one handle you pull to cock all five barrels? I just think it would be much simpler.

#120334 What Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 18 August 2007 - 08:09 PM in Off Topic

DRUM SET, a little guitar, and piano

#120331 Way Off Topic But..

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 18 August 2007 - 08:06 PM in Off Topic

I know Blink-182 broke up but there singer is in another band, what is the name of that band?

#120261 Airsoft And Nerf

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 18 August 2007 - 12:23 PM in Off Topic

I nerf and airsoft as well as mod nerf and airsoft. I was just wondering how many of you both nerf and airsoft, or paintball?

#120064 Tagball

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 16 August 2007 - 09:10 PM in General Nerf

Holy Sh** !!! Are you guys serious or bluffing. I have a maxed out BBB and NF and they only get 50ft flat. You realize "flat" as in no angle right. Mabey Im just dumb or dont just dont have it right. But still 120ft at an angle with stock thats somthing.

#119984 Water Guns

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 16 August 2007 - 12:25 PM in General Nerf

I've been seeing on eBay a couple of Larami CPS 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500... etc. They say," there the best waterguns ever and are realy powerful". My neighbor has one of the 1500 it shoots around 40ft and hits a little harder. But why are they selling for $95.00-$125.00? Are they realy worth that much? And whats so great about them?

#119982 Tagball

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 16 August 2007 - 12:13 PM in General Nerf

I have yet to see a NF shoot 70ft flat with a stock dart. And I guess I mean out shoot any gun that shoots a stock dart. With the exeption of Lazertag and Titan.

#119961 Tagball

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 16 August 2007 - 10:27 AM in General Nerf

BUY IT!!! I'm the "friend" of DarkInfection and it is the best gun ever!!! I got one about a year and a half before I got into nerf. The tagballs work great in it and it is a lot of fun. But put a nerf dart in it and it rules! It out shoots any nerf gun, with the exeption of a titan and lazer tag gun. It shoots about 120ft angled and will easily go 70ft flat. It costs 25 bucks so it comes with a price but its worth every penny. It is exactly like a slingshot but with a foot long barrel at the end. If you add more rubberbands to the original "powerbands" it comes with you will add more distance. Like DarkInfection said there is no modification nessesary and shoot's anything that fits down the barrel, " 3/4 of an inch. It makes an awesome primary. Last It works with stefan and stock darts. But for stock darts I would not recomend whistlers and sucky tip darts. Its supper accurate with taggers, and has a sight on the top that is accurate with taggers for about 45 ft. I'll just keep rambling on about how great this gun is so I'll stop right now. BUY IT!!

Go here it shows you everything you need to know. http://tagball.net/

Also check Youtube there's a bunch of home movies with the tagball gun

#112412 Bob Ii

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 21 June 2007 - 06:47 PM in Modifications

Thats Awesome!!! Very clean. Also how heavy is it? And is it verry stable where its connected, because I know the RF20 is heavier. Nice Job!

#112156 Videos Just For Fun

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 20 June 2007 - 09:40 AM in General Nerf

I was thinking about making an entire post of just our favorite nerf videos, from mods to wars to just funny and stupid. Heres my favorite.

#109594 Laser Tag Gun

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 05 June 2007 - 03:39 PM in Modifications

Sweet mod Joe. Now I know what youre talking about. Verry sweet. Mabey add a larger bike pump to reduce the time to prime. 40 Bucks though that is a hefty price.

#109588 Very Clean Nitefinder Coupler Mod

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 05 June 2007 - 03:15 PM in Modifications

Thats increadibly clean and nicely done. Great Idea. I like how you explained it so carefuly it was easy to folow. Keep up the good work!

#109582 Air Tank

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 05 June 2007 - 03:00 PM in Modifications

Sort of. I just need a way to make "for example" Like the titan air tank. Is there some way to just make a tank with a pin you could pull to open the valve and then hook up a bike tank to pump it?

#109565 Air Tank

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 05 June 2007 - 02:18 PM in Modifications

I want to make a homade air tank for a nerf gun. I want something easy to make and cheap. possibly made of PVC or Steel pipe. Any help would be great.

#109343 Hornet Help

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 04 June 2007 - 11:30 AM in Modifications

I was wondering I am going to plug the pump on my nStrike Hornet. How many times should I pump it?

#108441 Hasbro Reveals Nerf N-strike Disk Shot (nerf Skeet Shooting)

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 30 May 2007 - 08:38 PM in General Nerf

It looks like a nerf style of clay piggons or however you spell it. you cock use the remote to activate it and the disk pops up and you shoot the disk with your gun. Its that simple.

#108439 Nerfer Help

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 30 May 2007 - 08:34 PM in General Nerf

I was just wondering if you could check locations of nerfers from NerfHaven or other Nerf sites. I saw nerfer75's question and also have the same question but in a different location. Are there any nerfers in or around Rochester MN. If so if you could give me some names or numbers it would be great.

#108310 Rf20 Back In Buisness Plus Classic Darts

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 30 May 2007 - 07:32 AM in General Nerf

I have been seeing a lot of RF20's recently at my local toys r us. So I went to their website and sure enough there being mass produced and back in stock. Not just in canada any more! But there $26.99 I thought they used to be $20? I guess that they had to raise the price for some reson. Oh well there back!

http://www.toysrus.c...rentPage=search

Also they have come out with the classic red, black tip darts again. And sell streamline darts!

There actually the real deal the picture is wrong but the red whistling darts are back!

Posted Image

#108232 Crossfire Trouble

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 29 May 2007 - 07:06 PM in Modifications

I have an idea, but I dont know exactly how you have modded it already. Normaly i would say add another o ring, Drill out the Air Restrictors and add a slightly bigger spring. But in your case I need to know how you have modded it and what the materials exactly are. Then I can give some advice. I think the most likely problem is that the dart dosent hit the three pronged pieces in the back of the barrel that open up to let the air flow. This Gets rid of so much air its just a small puff that goes nowhere.

#108202 Magfire Vs Wildstrike Pt. 2 (pics Vids)

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 29 May 2007 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

Sorry for the confusion I just thought I would combine the last and first parts of the mod. And I did not PEGT the barrels. The mod is Finished

#105324 Magfire Vs Wildstrike Pt. 2 (pics Vids)

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 13 May 2007 - 08:46 PM in Modifications

Where I live there is no stores that sell the right size PEGT. And I dont want to drive 78 miles to a larger hardware store only for them not to have any.

#104849 What Pressure Does A Titan's Tank Reach?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 10 May 2007 - 04:23 PM in Modifications

On my bike preasure guage my Titan gets up to 73psi at around 35pumps

#104738 Magfire Vs Wildstrike Pt. 2 (pics Vids)

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 09 May 2007 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

Im thinking about trying the RF20 Piston mod on my WildStrike20, thats what I have decided to call it. If you can get me any more info about a piston mod that would work well I would greatly love it. Also at 53ft "Me to the Vest in the video" It has about a 2.5 foot spread. Also Im going to try to Pegt Mod the barrell.

PS. Sorry if its not straight forward content I put it in the best words and pictures as I could. When I post the finished mod I will also have a video for you that is direct with me showing you how everything works and how I did it.

#104733 Youtube Find- C02 Powered Wildfire/quick Disconnect

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 09 May 2007 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Yes I do think he did mod his Wildfire but it dosent shoot harder as I explained before. The only reason I know this is because I moded my Wildfire like this http://nerfhaven.com....php?t8431.html

Could someone give me a link for the piston mod for the RF20 or even better for a Wildfire. Also how come there is so few Wildfire mods and its rarely mentioned anymore?

#104701 Heavyarms Rf20 Custom

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 09 May 2007 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

Thats sick, Now just mod them. Add a larger air bladder some rubberbands to the piston and drill out the air restrictors like this guy. http://nerfhaven.com....php?t8431.html You should get 60ft+ considering how big the RF20s piston is. Man 60 ft, full auto, 40 shots. whom ever is on the otherside of that is toast.

#104696 Best Machine Gun

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 09 May 2007 - 06:15 PM in Modifications

Sorry I know Im not suppost to post on old topics but when it comes to machine guns I just cant resist. I would say to go with a Moded WildFire. Why, I own all three and with a few modifications my Wildfire Gets around 55ft with stock darts. Heres my mod. Otherwise I'd go with a PC or RF20. Magstrikes Just Suck!!! Heres My Mod http://nerfhaven.com....php?t8431.html

#104694 Youtube Find- C02 Powered Wildfire/quick Disconnect

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 09 May 2007 - 06:06 PM in Modifications

It wouldnt hit too much harder because the C02 tank dosent propel the dart but just simply moves the piston. It might hit harder if the piston had a larger spring or some rubberbands were added. Also the firing mechanisim or piston is hitting at the right time and the rotation is correct. In the video the soud is just off.

#104453 Magfire Vs Wildstrike Pt. 2 (pics Vids)

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 07 May 2007 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

I dont know what you dont get about this mod?
Ive gotten messages from people wondering what in the heck Im saying!!!

I Just put a magstrike bladder in replace of the wildfire bladder. Replaced that piece that holds down the bladder. Added back half of a RF20 Barrell to the front of the Wildfire barrell. Added some rubberbands to the piston. And CPVC'd the barrel. Now why cant you understand that!?@

#104266 Magfire Vs Wildstrike Pt. 2 (pics Vids)

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 06 May 2007 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

I decided to start a new topic. On my wildfire mod. I dont know if I should have or not but oh well.

Forget everything I said before. That mod nearly broke my wildfire. But I did a new mod that is just as good and I have picks for it.

All you need to do is replace that cracked piece with the one in your magstrike. Replace the Wildfire bladder with the Magstrike bladder. Add some rubber bands around the piston. You can add the RF20 backing if you want to but it only adds about 5 ft to your shot. And last CPVC the barrels

Please Note the photos and videos were taken before the CPVC barrels were added.

This mod is encredibly easy to do and is a lot of fun. And the results are awesome!!! It gets between 60-75ft.

I dont know whether to call it a Magfire 20 or Wildstrike 20
It looks like a normal Wildfire from the outside, but the inside kicks!!!
Here are the internals
Posted Image

Next the Rf20 backing on the turret

Posted Image

Cracked piece

Posted Image

Cracked piece replaced

Posted Image

Magstrike blader infladed at 20 pumps

Posted Image

Rubberbands to increase range

Posted Image

The CPVC'd Barrels.

Posted Image

Here are the Videos

Third person from around 50 ft Recorded with my camera.

Posted Image

Same thing but with my sisters camera from closer up and recorded by her. THANK YOU SISTER

Posted Image

Overall
If you have a broken Magfire and a crappy Wildfire sitting somewhere in your garage. Get em out. Mod em. and you can have a 70ft full auto gun that kicks A**

Ill try to get more videos out if I can.

Dont ask about the Jubile clip I tried that but the preasure is too high and the bladder is too thick.

#102995 Petg Barrel Magstrike

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 29 April 2007 - 02:19 PM in Modifications

Sweet mod!!!/Users/michael/Desktop/Photos for Nerf/Same size piece Wild Mag.JPG

#102994 Mt20 (mech Tommy 20)

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 29 April 2007 - 02:13 PM in Modifications

Nice Mod. What I did with my tommy was wraped duct tape around the motors. That helped. Also to keep it quiet and not as loud get a shoe box and cut it so it fits around the top and bottom of the motors. Then fill it with foam peanuts. I did it to mine. It looks like a piece of crap. But it will only make a soft buzzing sound not a loud roar.

#102831 Magfire Vs Wildstrike

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 28 April 2007 - 05:46 PM in Modifications

If Your About to read this Dont Unless You Realy Want to!!! If you want to see this mod with pics and vids go here
http://nerfhaven.com....php?t8431.html

Sorry for the Confusion
End Of Edit

Original Post
Hi guys I finally got validated, WHEW, that took a while.

Anyway I just thought I would post my first, actually second mod on this site

I didnt know whether to call it a Magfire or a Wild strike
I pretty much put some things from my magstrike and my rf20 back half of the barrel in my Wildfire to optomize its preformance.

I put the Magstrike blatter and ring into it and used the pump from it because I think its more comfortable. Then I took the rf20 turret back half and put that on the back of the Wildfire turret. Last I replaced all that yucky brown tubing stuff with newer nicer stuff.

And of course i drilled out the air restrictors.

I've tested out the range and i love it!!!

I tested it outside with little - no wind at 40 pumps

Test 1 55-58ft
Test 2 49-52ft
Test 3 54-56ft

I dont know what was up with the second test, I guess the wind picked up or something?

Ill try to post pictures later.

How do you post pictures???

#102768 Air Tech 3000 In A Ls

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 28 April 2007 - 12:23 PM in Modifications

Thats realy sick,
I might do that to mine.

What kind of range does it get?