Cadmond's Content

There have been 97 items by Cadmond (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#10152 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 21 September 2003 - 06:24 PM in Modifications

The contest end date has been postponed indefinitely until NHQ gets back up.. so.. ... Just, you know, keep going.

Tom, I have no idea what you did exactly, so, internal pictures would be handy.

#9668 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 14 September 2003 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

I think I stated this in the rules and regulations thing; if more time is needed, I can give it.

As for a few other questions

I'm grading the entries on both originality, and functionality (is that a word?)

4 winners, and only 4. Not 8.

Post your entries at the NHQ boards.

Please, try to describe your entry, hell, name it if you'd like, and post guesstimated ranges (I really don't care about specifics.)

Any more questions?

#9452 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 08 September 2003 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

Wow.. good question..

I suppose so..

Didn't expect this one Mantis, have a cookie.

#9445 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 08 September 2003 - 06:48 PM in Modifications

Like I said, as long as it has a new element to it, it's fully eligible to be entered. If you want to, you can describe it and I'll tell you exactly if it's eligible (there's that word again) or not

#10217 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 22 September 2003 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

Wow, that does look pretty cool lech. Good work man!

Anywho, Tom, it really depends on what you want to do. Your entry is in either way, it's up to you whether to add the effort.

#10356 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 24 September 2003 - 06:14 PM in Modifications

I actually said submit anything you want, but you'll only be the "1337357" if you put time and effort into creating an original mod.

My opinions on this? Barrel replacements, just barrel replacements, aren't very original.
Integrations, overhauls, and internal meddling usually are. Folks, it's up to you.

Other than that, it's looking good everyone. Like I said rags, the contest end date is postponed indefinitely. So.. you have quite a bit of time, unless spanky puts up NHQ 5 days ago.

#11933 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 26 October 2003 - 11:44 AM in Modifications

Actually, it's over everyone. And I was late to announce it, but whatever.

I'll be browsing through them, and collaberating with others today
Winners will be posted tommorow.
Your prizes will arrive in 2005 ( no, really! )

#11336 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 12 October 2003 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

ok, 19th ;)

#11330 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 12 October 2003 - 03:26 PM in Modifications

20th of october

#9439 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 08 September 2003 - 05:53 PM in Modifications

Instead of copy and pasting the contest, I'll just refer you to This

While I know many Nerf Haven-ers never leave these forums, I really don't want to go through 2 different threads of rants/entries. So you'll have to register. Too damn bad I guess.

And I've got the odd feeling that someone is going to assault me (verbally) for the fact that I'm giving out prizes as an incentive. Just for some reason.

#9587 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 10 September 2003 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

Only applicable if you live on the east coast however, and I didn't want to down the rest of the nerfer's spirits.

Ok, heres how it works.

Enter whatever you want.

As long as you don't plageurize, I'm fine with it.

However, if you want to win a prize, or rather, get first place, 2nd, or 3rd. You'll have to be "creative, original, and daring"

But c'mon, prizes are just incentive for you to get off your ass. If you can get off your ass without incentive, all the better.

#53410 Your Ride?

Posted by Cadmond on 24 April 2005 - 09:09 PM in Off Topic

I enjoy that people added in bicycles, which, makes sense considering the spread of age. I will be one of those people, not caring about driving.

I ride a trek street bike (like an 870?) which is in desperate need of an overhaul. It shifts when I don't want to shift, the seatpost is too short (perhaps I just need another bike) and things make clicking noises when I decide to go real fast (pedals, mostly)

I have 2 nishiki olympics, one is just a frameset right now, the other is waiting for some paint, and then I'll be rebuilding it as a fixed gear 42:16 (nishiki olympics are great for such a thing)

I've a 5 speed bridgestone of all things in the garage (yes, just like the tire company) that I found in a dumpster. It's horrendously yellow, which part of me loves.

And I've recently run into the shit luck to fix up huffies for a now impatient, immigrant family. God I hate these bikes.

#26765 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Cadmond on 23 May 2004 - 01:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Who am I bringing?

What the...

Anyways, Sunday is possible for me, but church, and whatever might be interferring. Not sure.

And if anyone wants to give me complete directions from The Sheraton Hotel in Surrey (Guildford or something) that'd be awesome. To Carisbrooke park*

If I was rich, I'd make a big contraption to make 50 darts at once.. it'd be brilliant..
but because I'm not, could someone also tell me the "expected" length of this war? Just a guess. Need to know the supply requirements.

#26351 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Cadmond on 16 May 2004 - 10:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Um, 19th confirmed is when I have the ability to go up there, whatever that means.

#26289 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Cadmond on 16 May 2004 - 12:22 AM in Nerf Wars

If you were to make it around the 12th, or 19th, I think I could make it up there. I'm visiting for the weekend a week or so after school's out.

I'll relay the actual date when I hear it.

Edit*
Eh, I get out on the 17th, so it's either the 19th, or the 26th that I'll be up there
Uncertainty still..

#27455 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Cadmond on 01 June 2004 - 04:58 PM in Nerf Wars

From what I saw at the store, the guns weren't all that special. I saw a perceptor and a missle something (not storm, it had missles though)

It was in Gastown, close to the skytrain station. That's all I know.

#27345 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Cadmond on 31 May 2004 - 03:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I need help from the Kanadians..

Ok, so I just got back from a trip. During the trip, I was in New Westminster for a parade, and then Gastown in Vancouver. I rode the skytrain from westminster to gastown*

So, is it the same thing, if I'm coming from surrey? Do I just ride it to gastown? And then wander around for the seabus (what the hell IS the seabus? A bus that goes underwater? Over water? Explain the Kanadian logic if you could)

I was down there, in some vintage toy shop, and they had a few nerf guns, few old ones at that. I didn't buy anyone, but apparently, there is a small source for such things.

Lastly, I hear I have to ride the seabus the full way. And then.. walk? It'd really help if I could get some inside help planning this trip, because it seems perilous so far.

#35913 Gmail Invites

Posted by Cadmond on 30 August 2004 - 08:08 PM in Off Topic

You people make me sick. ...

And I really want one.

If you have gmail already, don't be greedy.

#7840 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by Cadmond on 08 August 2003 - 01:48 AM in General Nerf

Very good points, and yes, this site will be broken or force fed spinach depending on the user base. Which might suck.. Admittedly, I didn't join NHQ for a few months after it actually got popular. No way, I was keen with my nerf center.

Basically, what nerf evolved (which is really a more attracitve name then "nerf-farked.com") was created to do was to bring a mass of content, which some of us actually HID (this is where sandman is supposed to assassinate me) from the community for the last few months (or longer) and utilize forums to increase that amount beyond what our "all-star staff" could create. Not to say we don't want the forums used for other things.. such as apologizing to vacc for insulting his penis' tensile strength.

Anywho, yes, as sandman stated this content bit would be out faster if it weren't due to some technical issues. Hope for tommorow.

#7911 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by Cadmond on 09 August 2003 - 12:15 AM in General Nerf

Why.. you all lack so much faith.

But, me saying this might lead to me eating something I don't really want to eat. So uh..

Bendable?

Anyways..

1) the NIC, or whatever you people want to call it (non-existent for example.. which would mean that I'm posting to a bunch of robots! OH GOD NO!) only really needs one set of forums. Only one. Non.

2) the NIC wants content. I say they're stupid, but I honestly need things to do such as make content.

3) Nerf Evolved has content. Original content infact, Most of which I'm assuming you've never seen spoon. Unless you've been hacking the ftp or something.

4) Nerf Evolved's main goal is to provide content. The forums are just another way. And sure, it may not work, but theres still a chance that it may. Is there really any reason for you to make assumptions on something you haven't even seen yet? That's like saying your chistmas present is going to be a kitten.. saying it in July.

This is just a site. This is just the internet. This is just information.
Oh no! it bit you!
Yeah..

I'll attempt to leave it at that.. and most likely fail due to someone quoting me and argueing all my nonsense.

#7949 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by Cadmond on 09 August 2003 - 04:22 PM in General Nerf

Most of the people against NE are saying the same thing.
"put up, or shut up"
or maybe not against.. but the skeptics.

Agreed.. but instead, everyone shut up, until we put up.

Hopefully, this will be the last post until zatzai goes "Nerf evolved is released! *link"
And then we can all bicker based on facts, not assumptions.

Which probably won't work at all :blink:

#2088 Base Defense Cannons, And You

Posted by Cadmond on 09 March 2003 - 03:10 AM in Nerf Wars

'tis pug fugly.. and yeah, short clip. and does air have to travel down that tube? the long one? to get to the barrel that is? if so, . ..uh.. might not be as great.

#13668 Working On Grenades

Posted by Cadmond on 03 December 2003 - 10:45 PM in Homemades

I think it's called imagination. They say that some sweat shop owners are bottling it and selling it to oil tycoons for millions.

Anywho, I don't think it'd work to well. From what I assume, the lightsaber wouldn't go off if you just dropped it, you'd actually need to grab it and push it.Which isn't a grenade. But this is just an assumption that its working at high pressures. If not, then sure, it should work dandy. As long as you figure out an autoleveling system that still maintains enough force to trip the nade. Or weights.. whatever.

#19134 What Kinda Clips?

Posted by Cadmond on 16 February 2004 - 11:52 AM in Homemades

Christ, as long as you have someone to hate, I suppose you're all happy.. but that one I guess..

Onto the original problem. Clips, are really simple. And I'm using the word clip, so don't even bother. I made one a while ago with cpvc, lexan/plexiglass, and pop rivets as the frame, and just 2 springs, more cpvc and some aluminum rods to give it it's guts. However, the thing only forces out 4 bloody rounds. And I REALLY don't want to go heat up my forge to anneal and temper and do all that other crap to a spring for no good reason. That is.. for stretching. As for the cpvc into something, you can drill out pvc with a 5/8s bit, and that will work.

But what should I do? Raid the staplegun
They have great springs! It's their shape that probably helps. They are the only springs that I can find that are used to feed a magazine... clip.. too late. However, they're expensive. But just incase anyone has found an alternative, a good alternative, then be sure to post it here.

As for anagrams, with.. puncuation! maybe it's a bad idea.

thai bowl trasher!

#25009 Bush's Space Plans

Posted by Cadmond on 27 April 2004 - 11:19 PM in Off Topic

I didn't actually read the whole thing, but I'll try to be fresh and original anyways.

One of the biggest problems with deciding whether the death pentaly, or abortion is the wrong, or right thing to do, is the fact that no one (I'm guessing) has had to deal with either one. The opinions here are biased towards the outside eye, and I'm sure if you had to decide whether to fuck over your life or add another person to our stockpot, I'm sure you'd all have to think about it for a while. The clear cut decisions on abortion that men have, are generally ridiculous. I admit, sometimes they're valid, but c'mon people, lets not pretend to be women. Religion or no religion, you don't really have to decide. I'll stop now.. I'm sounding like a feminist.

The ignorance, and denial flooding through our current administration is probably the worst thing about it. If there are things wrong with the country (that's a yes) then we obviously need to fix them. And to do that, those in power have to realize, or admit the wrongs they have committed, and set out to fix them. We need actual reform, not figures of $ being poured wherever, that are supposed to patch the boat till the next administration comes in to sink it. Bush should go study FDR if he wants to be re-elected.

But I honestly know very little about current politics, so go ahead and trout slap me.

#25068 Bush's Space Plans

Posted by Cadmond on 28 April 2004 - 06:21 PM in Off Topic

If you want to include sex into this abortion bit. I ask you this question

Would we be alive if reproduction wasn't fun? Apply that to animals as well. I'm sure they're a bit more finicky then us.

But anyways, get back to Bush's plans to find the cure for aids on mars. He's got a plan! A plan!

#359 Fps Games

Posted by Cadmond on 06 January 2003 - 05:50 PM in Off Topic

I've been playing Cs a tad.. but frankly, I think FA is a much better game. It's probably because I can get more kills than deaths in FA.. unlike CS...

I mostly just play FA.

#1470 Fps Games

Posted by Cadmond on 17 February 2003 - 03:10 PM in Off Topic

God.. I remember tribes.. I loved that game. Hey, how many people still play it? I might go buy it .. with my.. MONEY! hooha.

*edit*
Jesus christ, they don't even make it anymore, do they.. grrr.. anger rising, I need to bash flimsy cardboard boxes with my foot.

#2050 Shotgunners Rejoyce!

Posted by Cadmond on 07 March 2003 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

Noooo, Youuuuu stop it... suckers.

BAKAYARO!

#2038 Shotgunners Rejoyce!

Posted by Cadmond on 06 March 2003 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

What happens when only one slice gets pushed out and the other ones are stuck in the barrel?

WAKARIMASEN! BWAHAHAH! take the japanese skills.. actually.. that should have been shirimasen.. damn. I don't understand.. I don't know. same thing.. .. . ...

Good job on the shotgun, I think I'm going to take advantage of it ... anyways, ... sugoi desune!

#242 General Suggestions, Questions

Posted by Cadmond on 01 January 2003 - 06:48 AM in Site Feedback

I'm wondering - if I wasn't invited to the beta test, and I submit 5 good, high quality mods/pics/r and d, is there another prize, or like a "pick one" choice? Or is there no incentive except for imaginary stickers and the such.... and helping out a new site.. and recognition.. ect.
Just wondering.

man, what a horrible first post.

#2099 Bull Pup Rifle In The Design Stage

Posted by Cadmond on 09 March 2003 - 12:51 PM in Homemades

um.. hooray! Did I get it?

And yeah zero.. the charged shell would be simpler for 1 shot, but for multiples, it would probably be the same difference for shooting multiple darts out of a 2 stage chamber. Erm... maybe not..

#2143 Bull Pup Rifle In The Design Stage

Posted by Cadmond on 10 March 2003 - 08:17 PM in Homemades

Like zero said, there would have to be a larger spring than in airsoft, therfor requiring more reinforcement. Plus, this is still a plunger gun, and although they can get good ranges, 100-ish feet for some, they're still inferior to air powered, or combustion powered, propulsion. IF we're designing a system with shells and bits, because spring powered guns only had the advantage in ROF, for the most part. That's just in wars, not actually making them, because spring guns are usually less complex than air ones. Except, you're complexifying this one, so they'd probably be the same.

I wonder if complexifying is a word....

#2087 Bull Pup Rifle In The Design Stage

Posted by Cadmond on 09 March 2003 - 03:08 AM in Homemades

I'm going to go with zero on this, and say that a 2 stage trigger that inserts hairspray then ignites would make much more sense, but I see why you're doing it.. or I hope I do. The fact that you can't get the hairspray to ignite right away is pretty odd... I dunno.. the only thing I can think of is add some air, but that doesn't make sense because it combusts later on.. I'm also fairly suprised that the dart showed no sign of being exposed to flame, but I guess it makes sense that with such a small combustion chamber, the dart wouldn't have much time to do so. I'm not really seeing the lighter sparker, do you have to hook it up to each shell individually, or .. something else? Hm.. if you did go with a 2 stage trigger, the gun might not have as much range, unless you seal the dart into the chamber, or seal a shell to the chamber. Anyways, good luck

#5140 Homophobia

Posted by Cadmond on 31 May 2003 - 12:41 AM in Site Feedback

Examples fix everything Janga.. I liked the middle one.

Anywhooo. Lets just clear this up once again. You know.. with paint thinner, and matches.

Ok!
So

Dan, it seems as if you express hate towards homosexuals. And it seems as if many people express hate towards you because of your hate. And I'm sure the midwest expresses hate towards these homosexual-likers. And many people dislike the midwest-erners for their conservative views on this issue.. ect.

here.. let me draw you all a nice diagram

copy and paste this

So lets say the stick figure on the top, drops the ball on the one below. The next one drops the ball down, the next one, the next one, ECT! till the world, or rather stairway, explodes. Sure, a loop would've been better, but if we continue to hate, it won't be infinite. The world would end. And yes, I graduated from crappy drawing school.

So, I'm betting your all saying "wuhh? I don't hate _________" but.. hey, dislike is just a lower intensity of hate. And I'm sure you're all full of dislike.

And where does this hate come from? Well.. basically, disrespect. It sure seems like it. I'm not saying you guys have to go ahead and sing in a big hand circle.. but for christ's sake. Respect each others opinions. This really means not trying to make everyone conform to yours, or not trying to belittle a person for theirs. Ect. Oh well. Not much else I can do. I tried to explain hate. And all of a sudden, up pops lots of hate. Hate.. hate.. hate is a horrible thing.

*note - if you don't think anyone hates anyone in here, just replace all the "hate/hates" with "dislike/dislikes" ..happy now?

#4913 Homophobia

Posted by Cadmond on 22 May 2003 - 10:32 PM in Site Feedback

Oh, how I despise my middle school mentality. That and the social ignorance many kids had.

Vacc, you have a point. But, if you don't want someone to tell you how to feel, don't tell them how to feel.

Uh oh! time for a human behavioral rant! *chimes bell*

Ok, so we have this

People are agressive towards others mainly because of symbolic differences between them, and another. IE : you are a nationalist. You see someone burning your country's flag. You then beat the crap out of them.

Is it you being burnt? Are they dumping gasoline onto your person and lighting a match? Nope. It's the flag, that represents your country, that represents you. So, your mind says "Beat the crap out of him! he's hurting us!" and everything just seems normal

Now, this can be applied to the current situation. I hate fred because he likes men. Does he like me? Not that I can tell. Is he desperately trying to get in my pants, or my freinds pants? Not really. Is he another human being? sure he is. But, there is a difference between us. He represents what I am not. And so me and my chums jump him in the alley and kick in his head for no good reason!

Now then, extra bits can be applied. Fred is now flamboyantly gay. He is making funny gay jokes around me. I feel uncomfortable, because I don't get them, and because my mother and father are heterosexuals, and I am a heterosexual, and jimmy, and tim, and lisa, and rodger are all heterosexuals as well. He is exuberant. He is happy. But because I choose to hate him, I am uncomfortable. His presence, makes me unhappy. His presence, leads me to anger. "HOW DARE YOU NOT LIKE WOMAN!" I suddenly shout at him. "HOW DARE YOU!!" Fred is offended. He tells me, it's his choice and it's his body..

And you know what? he's right. He can do whatever the hell he wants, as long as it doesn't involve me. If it does, then sure, that's sexual harrasement, beat him up, just like a woman would kick you in the groin for doing the same. But until then, our hate, is baseless. Just because we are made the way we are, doesn't mean we are static beings. We can be dynamic. We can change. There is no need for hate in this world. Hate has no purpose in furthering our lifes. It gets us nowhere but backwards. Hate leads to wars lead to deaths lead to sorrow. Die if you want to, but I'd rather not.

woooh, go hypothetical situations. They solve [I]everythinggg[I] ^_^

#4880 Homophobia

Posted by Cadmond on 21 May 2003 - 11:41 PM in Site Feedback

Considering the sexual acts involved are about as "wrong" as masturbation

Don't worry, I saw the quotes :D .. . .where was I? .. ah.. I'm one of those that really gets turned off, so to speak, by homophobic actions. But, hell, whatever, not much I can do. Most people just hold onto their middle school vocabularys, and don't actually hate gay people. It's just annoying how they openly use a word as if the thing it's supposed to recognize with doesn't exist.

I came too late to explain anything incredibly well.. And yes zero, technology undermines alot of our habits that have been formed, or rather, programmed, over thousands of years. Damn that trojan man.

#254 Approach To Modification

Posted by Cadmond on 01 January 2003 - 02:07 PM in Modifications

I almost always try to work around the internals when I mod, and just take out one piece, work on it, and put it back in... unless it's all IN one piece, like the ss2. I've lost way too many guns just yanking stuff out after trying to memorize where everything goes.

#33084 Stefan Dart Maker

Posted by Cadmond on 04 August 2004 - 02:42 AM in Homemades

Heh.. you guys don't really understand how easy (wait.. I mean difficult) this would be. However, I didn't read most of nerf bunny's post, so if he mentioned this, then .. oh well..

The only hard (hardest) part I can think of for this (langley kicked CNC into my mind) is the programming, and drilling a baseboard to hold 10x10 (20x20, 30x30, whatever the hell you want) stefan blanks. Oh, and the monies.. always the monies. Monies for the linear bearings, for the machine shop (if you're like that,) for the electronics, for the extra things you'll buy for yourself during this project so you can feel like a pretty little girl again .... *cough*.. Cutting stefans is easy.. very easy.. I don't think that is needed in the system, but glueing, and whatnot, is much more annoying.

So yeah, CNC glue gun. Basically, a cheapened this with maybe a sinker dispenser, swirling peltier top domer, ect, ect, blah blah blah.

*Prepares for the ridicule and yelling*

#33110 New Homemade Barrel Assembly

Posted by Cadmond on 04 August 2004 - 01:16 PM in Homemades

Yay for aluminum and ball valves!
Its only on one side though, so are there any twisting problems?