Cadmond's Content

There have been 97 items by Cadmond (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#13027 Shotgun Style Air Gun

Posted by Cadmond on 19 November 2003 - 08:06 PM in Homemades

I assume you could just swab the end with rubbing alcohol instead of primer, if you can't find any of that purple junk about (it's all over my basement floor.)

I mean.. they smell the same..

#12546 Happy B-day Sandman

Posted by Cadmond on 07 November 2003 - 08:08 PM in Off Topic

*cough*

NOOGLESSSSS!!!!!!!!

ok.. I'm done.. .. .

NOOGLESSS!

#11933 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 26 October 2003 - 11:44 AM in Modifications

Actually, it's over everyone. And I was late to announce it, but whatever.

I'll be browsing through them, and collaberating with others today
Winners will be posted tommorow.
Your prizes will arrive in 2005 ( no, really! )

#11336 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 12 October 2003 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

ok, 19th ;)

#11330 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 12 October 2003 - 03:26 PM in Modifications

20th of october

#11191 Just Stop Encouraging It

Posted by Cadmond on 08 October 2003 - 11:31 PM in Off Topic

True. Using a what if against another isn't very "splendid." I figure it would be better to give examples than to naught, and what ifs would be the only examples I could give.

One such as "what if math kept on growing from the death of archimedes to the rediscovery of calculus by Isaac Newton?" Can't remember if it was archimedes or not actually, but that one guy.. you know.

And my brother's laugh is very creepy.

oh yeah

[/rant]

#11177 Just Stop Encouraging It

Posted by Cadmond on 08 October 2003 - 09:17 PM in Off Topic

Yes, he just came to the wrong place.

Anywho, I figure I'll attack rhino now, and yes, I'm stating that because this is what its going to be.

Rhino, shut up. "With the exception of maybe Stefan and Cxwq, no one person has made a huge impact that no one else would have done." I percieve that to be bullshit. If you think about it, you'll probably come up with 20 names of people who've made an impact, even a HUGE impact on our little community. I don't mean to show stefan or Cxwq any disrespect, but there are more pioneers. You're using a "what if" that will always remain a "what if" to make your statement true... Put more thought into your post, instead of throwing out your very own, knee jerk reaction.

I don't believe you have a crystal ball, cut out the fortune teller act.

[/rant]

Yes, I'm a bitter old man...

#10356 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 24 September 2003 - 06:14 PM in Modifications

I actually said submit anything you want, but you'll only be the "1337357" if you put time and effort into creating an original mod.

My opinions on this? Barrel replacements, just barrel replacements, aren't very original.
Integrations, overhauls, and internal meddling usually are. Folks, it's up to you.

Other than that, it's looking good everyone. Like I said rags, the contest end date is postponed indefinitely. So.. you have quite a bit of time, unless spanky puts up NHQ 5 days ago.

#10317 What Do You Think About It:

Posted by Cadmond on 23 September 2003 - 10:42 PM in Off Topic

All in all, I find this off topic sway to be better than the original.

And now, to the ranting...

I think it all leads down the the misconception that we have to stereotype ourselves to fit into a desired "clique." It's just self limitation, and I'm tired of the kids that do it. Sure, be yourself, have confidence, ect. But, like you said merlinksi, some kids just do it to be "cool."

Now, onto the music...

I thought pop was just popular music? And by that definition, pop spans alot of styles of music. Which leads to what?

Generalizations based on random samplings of the genre.

It seems as if we think that every "pop" band, is just like the next one, and the same might go for any genre. Maybe if you hear 4 bands, don't like them, you suddenly don't like the genre they're in. Which brings up my previous point: Self limitation.

It's a short life, experience as much as you can while you still have it, even if that includes shitty music, or something that makes you *egasp!* different from everyone else.

point!

#10217 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 22 September 2003 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

Wow, that does look pretty cool lech. Good work man!

Anywho, Tom, it really depends on what you want to do. Your entry is in either way, it's up to you whether to add the effort.

#10152 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 21 September 2003 - 06:24 PM in Modifications

The contest end date has been postponed indefinitely until NHQ gets back up.. so.. ... Just, you know, keep going.

Tom, I have no idea what you did exactly, so, internal pictures would be handy.

#9668 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 14 September 2003 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

I think I stated this in the rules and regulations thing; if more time is needed, I can give it.

As for a few other questions

I'm grading the entries on both originality, and functionality (is that a word?)

4 winners, and only 4. Not 8.

Post your entries at the NHQ boards.

Please, try to describe your entry, hell, name it if you'd like, and post guesstimated ranges (I really don't care about specifics.)

Any more questions?

#9587 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 10 September 2003 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

Only applicable if you live on the east coast however, and I didn't want to down the rest of the nerfer's spirits.

Ok, heres how it works.

Enter whatever you want.

As long as you don't plageurize, I'm fine with it.

However, if you want to win a prize, or rather, get first place, 2nd, or 3rd. You'll have to be "creative, original, and daring"

But c'mon, prizes are just incentive for you to get off your ass. If you can get off your ass without incentive, all the better.

#9452 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 08 September 2003 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

Wow.. good question..

I suppose so..

Didn't expect this one Mantis, have a cookie.

#9445 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 08 September 2003 - 06:48 PM in Modifications

Like I said, as long as it has a new element to it, it's fully eligible to be entered. If you want to, you can describe it and I'll tell you exactly if it's eligible (there's that word again) or not

#9439 Forum Contest!

Posted by Cadmond on 08 September 2003 - 05:53 PM in Modifications

Instead of copy and pasting the contest, I'll just refer you to This

While I know many Nerf Haven-ers never leave these forums, I really don't want to go through 2 different threads of rants/entries. So you'll have to register. Too damn bad I guess.

And I've got the odd feeling that someone is going to assault me (verbally) for the fact that I'm giving out prizes as an incentive. Just for some reason.

#9385 What Are You Going To Be For Halloween?

Posted by Cadmond on 07 September 2003 - 07:39 PM in Off Topic

My freinds are all too "cool" for halloween.. so I think I'll just run around demanding candy for my mere presence. Lacking costumes makes you apathetic, and therefor, cool.

Ah.. the teenage mindset.

#9161 My Latest And Greatest

Posted by Cadmond on 03 September 2003 - 08:22 PM in Modifications

The colors remind me of a sick bumblebee.. but aside from that, looks nice.

... and.. thirst.. seriously? His tooth?... yeesh.

#9085 Dude, Orange Juice Gas.

Posted by Cadmond on 02 September 2003 - 09:57 PM in Off Topic

You mean it began to vaporize with the addition of water? Neat... you should try to knock someone out with it :wacko:

#7949 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by Cadmond on 09 August 2003 - 04:22 PM in General Nerf

Most of the people against NE are saying the same thing.
"put up, or shut up"
or maybe not against.. but the skeptics.

Agreed.. but instead, everyone shut up, until we put up.

Hopefully, this will be the last post until zatzai goes "Nerf evolved is released! *link"
And then we can all bicker based on facts, not assumptions.

Which probably won't work at all :blink:

#7911 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by Cadmond on 09 August 2003 - 12:15 AM in General Nerf

Why.. you all lack so much faith.

But, me saying this might lead to me eating something I don't really want to eat. So uh..

Bendable?

Anyways..

1) the NIC, or whatever you people want to call it (non-existent for example.. which would mean that I'm posting to a bunch of robots! OH GOD NO!) only really needs one set of forums. Only one. Non.

2) the NIC wants content. I say they're stupid, but I honestly need things to do such as make content.

3) Nerf Evolved has content. Original content infact, Most of which I'm assuming you've never seen spoon. Unless you've been hacking the ftp or something.

4) Nerf Evolved's main goal is to provide content. The forums are just another way. And sure, it may not work, but theres still a chance that it may. Is there really any reason for you to make assumptions on something you haven't even seen yet? That's like saying your chistmas present is going to be a kitten.. saying it in July.

This is just a site. This is just the internet. This is just information.
Oh no! it bit you!
Yeah..

I'll attempt to leave it at that.. and most likely fail due to someone quoting me and argueing all my nonsense.

#7840 [evolution] - Stage One

Posted by Cadmond on 08 August 2003 - 01:48 AM in General Nerf

Very good points, and yes, this site will be broken or force fed spinach depending on the user base. Which might suck.. Admittedly, I didn't join NHQ for a few months after it actually got popular. No way, I was keen with my nerf center.

Basically, what nerf evolved (which is really a more attracitve name then "nerf-farked.com") was created to do was to bring a mass of content, which some of us actually HID (this is where sandman is supposed to assassinate me) from the community for the last few months (or longer) and utilize forums to increase that amount beyond what our "all-star staff" could create. Not to say we don't want the forums used for other things.. such as apologizing to vacc for insulting his penis' tensile strength.

Anywho, yes, as sandman stated this content bit would be out faster if it weren't due to some technical issues. Hope for tommorow.

#7401 Googlism Of Nerf

Posted by Cadmond on 27 July 2003 - 03:07 PM in General Nerf

"sandman is not a superhero"

Sorry sandman.. had to break it to you.

Plleeeaassee stop wearing spandex now. Please?

And apparently, Cadmond is too lazy to make a html page.

And it's so true!

#7052 Nerfchat

Posted by Cadmond on 16 July 2003 - 12:08 AM in Off Topic

Box, it's at irc.ruin.net

Don't bother with wtrents, we've got at least 2 people in ours! (AT LEAST!)

#7033 Revolver

Posted by Cadmond on 15 July 2003 - 12:31 PM in Homemades

I'll revive this topic a bit, and give you my thoughts (s'not THAT old!)

I've tried making revolvers, sniperx (I think that was him) supposedly came close, or finished, can't remember, and he did it the way all revolvers are made. With ratcheting turning systems.. youuuu knowww. So anyways. I never saw the plans, nor did anyone else, but ratcheting turning systems are your best chance for automatic rotation. Well.. rotation with the trigger motion, I'm pretty sure there's a diagram on howstuffworks.com in revolvers that shows how this works. Might be able to bodge that up (bodge..)

As for the seal, that's a bit trickier if you want automatic rotation. You could have it spring loaded, and go in when the trigger is in to a point, then shoot back out, with way of a catch.. but that's really, bit complicated, unless you're actually motivated :huh: . There are other ways, this one comes to mind first. Oh, and use internal coupings if you're going to do it this way (like, brass-cpvc barrel makes the seal.)
And if you want an extra barrel.. like revolvers, well.. that can't be too hard. Just remember to bevel the inside edges so the dart goes in easy.

[/ramble]

#7024 Sm1500 Repair

Posted by Cadmond on 14 July 2003 - 09:49 PM in Modifications

my useless, but horribly fun idea! involves .. wait a second, first I need to ask a question. Is the o-ring in a kind of well there, or is it fully exposed? if it's in a well (I haven't looked at an sm1500 for a lonnnnggg time) I think you'd have to go from small tubing, to washer/whatnot If it's exposed (like half) you can use a regular washer, like zero said. But!

I dunno how well the washer will stay with just plumber goo, and .. washer-ness. So! if you wanted to! you could use a support! system! (sorry :huh:)

http://www28.brinkst...0-reinforce.gif
alright folks, copy and paste. Like I said, I dunno.. 3 times, over-complication, but I like it!

#6995 Nerfchat

Posted by Cadmond on 14 July 2003 - 01:20 PM in Off Topic

*cough*

Me and janga changed it to irc.ruin.net based on some inconveniences at austnet.
Check.

Right, and it's still #nerfchat

But, if wtrent doesn't comply, for SOME wierd reason, we'll have to burn his house down, and steal his favorite shoes. Lets hope it doesn't come to that ;)

*janga beat me to it

#6971 Free Webhosting

Posted by Cadmond on 13 July 2003 - 09:12 PM in Off Topic

Agreed, the bandwith on brinkster sucks eggs. Maybe I should switch.. Hmm

#6880 Help!exploding Air Tanks!

Posted by Cadmond on 11 July 2003 - 12:49 PM in Homemades

Hah! I told you!
::pokes zero with a hot metal stick::

yeah.. that was pointless : /

Some word on the pvc shctuff..

For one, pvc cement welds it together to hold at 600+ (I'm sure theres a real number, but maybe the pipe goes first) So, start with a fresh cap and pvc end, and try it again, but remember

prime both
swab both with glue
and then stick em together while twisting 1/4 turn.. clockwise (or counter clockwise if you want to be a rebel)

Tubing also kinks with bends, if that happens to you.. basically ever, you can find a extension spring (I'm sure that's not what they are called, but the ones you pull on) and slide it over the tubing. Nerf seems to do that a bit, as do people who use tubing in odd bends. It should help.. I think.... can't quite remember

And as for power.... pretty sure zero is right. Unless, of course, your homemade has been probed by aliens recently.

#5995 Music Choices

Posted by Cadmond on 24 June 2003 - 10:12 PM in Off Topic

I just packed all my cds away for a trip, but I'll try to do without

Pietasters, Aquabats, Mad Caddies, Hippos, Suburban Legends, Specials, Untouchables, The slackers, Ben Folds Five, The Chinkees (you just have to read along, makes the songs much better) Tilt, Bouncing Souls, and more!
exciting, isn't it?

#5655 Captain Simian And The Space Monkeys

Posted by Cadmond on 12 June 2003 - 08:36 PM in Off Topic

Obviously, none of you know what he's talking about.. making you all FOOLS!

It was by far the most fun ape-cartoon ever. It beat the crap out of grape ape, and magilla gorilla... and probably out of any animated ventures of donkey kong or king kong for that matter. I'm sure there are more, but Captain simian was far too clever to be defeated by them. I was always slightly disturbed by their re-occuring enemy's brain.. but, yeah. It was fun.

#5368 Reggae

Posted by Cadmond on 07 June 2003 - 08:51 PM in Off Topic

Wow! good summary ash.. most people don't even think about the up-beat thing. But eh, I have some dis-agreeances... and I'm sure a few people would like to disagree with them. Anyways

Ska and ska-influenced music are different. We all have to recognize this fact. I often say sublime isn't ska, and often, I mean it. Though, this is entirely opinon.

Anywho, due to this, defining the first wave, 2-tone, and 3rd wave is quite difficult. Well.. if you want to be precise that is. I don't really want to define them.. but, it's, in my opinion, not in the timeframe, like a few people think, but in the sound. Not that it matters much, as the former thought is usually a minority.

Anywho, I should probably disagree now. I don't really think the only thing seperating ska and punk are the up-beat/down-beat. I really think there is alot more to it. But I hate genres, and I'm tired.. so I'll edit this post when I feel like explaining.

*edit*
oh wait! this thread is about reggae! oops..

#5208 Reggae

Posted by Cadmond on 01 June 2003 - 11:00 PM in Off Topic

The Specials are 2-tone ska you silly boy!... .. .. . ^_^
But they're good.. listening to them right now in fact.
(actually, I'm sure I'm wrong on the former point, and that they do go a bit reggae-ish on some songs..)

As for reggae, I'm sure I'd enjoy it if I listened to it more. The most I hear is the reggae that the pietasters play (which isn't really much.)

#5140 Homophobia

Posted by Cadmond on 31 May 2003 - 12:41 AM in Site Feedback

Examples fix everything Janga.. I liked the middle one.

Anywhooo. Lets just clear this up once again. You know.. with paint thinner, and matches.

Ok!
So

Dan, it seems as if you express hate towards homosexuals. And it seems as if many people express hate towards you because of your hate. And I'm sure the midwest expresses hate towards these homosexual-likers. And many people dislike the midwest-erners for their conservative views on this issue.. ect.

here.. let me draw you all a nice diagram

copy and paste this

So lets say the stick figure on the top, drops the ball on the one below. The next one drops the ball down, the next one, the next one, ECT! till the world, or rather stairway, explodes. Sure, a loop would've been better, but if we continue to hate, it won't be infinite. The world would end. And yes, I graduated from crappy drawing school.

So, I'm betting your all saying "wuhh? I don't hate _________" but.. hey, dislike is just a lower intensity of hate. And I'm sure you're all full of dislike.

And where does this hate come from? Well.. basically, disrespect. It sure seems like it. I'm not saying you guys have to go ahead and sing in a big hand circle.. but for christ's sake. Respect each others opinions. This really means not trying to make everyone conform to yours, or not trying to belittle a person for theirs. Ect. Oh well. Not much else I can do. I tried to explain hate. And all of a sudden, up pops lots of hate. Hate.. hate.. hate is a horrible thing.

*note - if you don't think anyone hates anyone in here, just replace all the "hate/hates" with "dislike/dislikes" ..happy now?

#4913 Homophobia

Posted by Cadmond on 22 May 2003 - 10:32 PM in Site Feedback

Oh, how I despise my middle school mentality. That and the social ignorance many kids had.

Vacc, you have a point. But, if you don't want someone to tell you how to feel, don't tell them how to feel.

Uh oh! time for a human behavioral rant! *chimes bell*

Ok, so we have this

People are agressive towards others mainly because of symbolic differences between them, and another. IE : you are a nationalist. You see someone burning your country's flag. You then beat the crap out of them.

Is it you being burnt? Are they dumping gasoline onto your person and lighting a match? Nope. It's the flag, that represents your country, that represents you. So, your mind says "Beat the crap out of him! he's hurting us!" and everything just seems normal

Now, this can be applied to the current situation. I hate fred because he likes men. Does he like me? Not that I can tell. Is he desperately trying to get in my pants, or my freinds pants? Not really. Is he another human being? sure he is. But, there is a difference between us. He represents what I am not. And so me and my chums jump him in the alley and kick in his head for no good reason!

Now then, extra bits can be applied. Fred is now flamboyantly gay. He is making funny gay jokes around me. I feel uncomfortable, because I don't get them, and because my mother and father are heterosexuals, and I am a heterosexual, and jimmy, and tim, and lisa, and rodger are all heterosexuals as well. He is exuberant. He is happy. But because I choose to hate him, I am uncomfortable. His presence, makes me unhappy. His presence, leads me to anger. "HOW DARE YOU NOT LIKE WOMAN!" I suddenly shout at him. "HOW DARE YOU!!" Fred is offended. He tells me, it's his choice and it's his body..

And you know what? he's right. He can do whatever the hell he wants, as long as it doesn't involve me. If it does, then sure, that's sexual harrasement, beat him up, just like a woman would kick you in the groin for doing the same. But until then, our hate, is baseless. Just because we are made the way we are, doesn't mean we are static beings. We can be dynamic. We can change. There is no need for hate in this world. Hate has no purpose in furthering our lifes. It gets us nowhere but backwards. Hate leads to wars lead to deaths lead to sorrow. Die if you want to, but I'd rather not.

woooh, go hypothetical situations. They solve [I]everythinggg[I] ^_^

#4880 Homophobia

Posted by Cadmond on 21 May 2003 - 11:41 PM in Site Feedback

Considering the sexual acts involved are about as "wrong" as masturbation

Don't worry, I saw the quotes :D .. . .where was I? .. ah.. I'm one of those that really gets turned off, so to speak, by homophobic actions. But, hell, whatever, not much I can do. Most people just hold onto their middle school vocabularys, and don't actually hate gay people. It's just annoying how they openly use a word as if the thing it's supposed to recognize with doesn't exist.

I came too late to explain anything incredibly well.. And yes zero, technology undermines alot of our habits that have been formed, or rather, programmed, over thousands of years. Damn that trojan man.

#4141 Life...

Posted by Cadmond on 29 April 2003 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

Oh, and the token on-topic note; While my dress shoes (also my walking, running, biking, dancing, and hiking shoes) are so conveniently separated from their soles, I'm going to either insert a steel plate in there (Nails are annoying), or install some kind of spring-loaded knife apparatus... For the sporatic monkey knife fights, of course. Anyone have some suggestions of stuff to work into there while they're apart? The soles are about an inch thick or so at the heel, and 2.5cm at the front, so I could fit something in there... It seems like a waste to just fix them.

You so crazy.. but if you are serious, I could make a simple diagram. Uh.. if you are.

You're not going to put some kind of poison that kills in 6 seconds on the tips of these knives, then work for some evil supervillian bent on taking over the world, are you?

#4105 Life...

Posted by Cadmond on 28 April 2003 - 05:46 PM in Modifications

I am attempting to shove a flashlight into a chapstick tube. I have a migraine. Trust me, the wickety system is all.. wickety.

#4065 Life...

Posted by Cadmond on 27 April 2003 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

Tasty topic. I myself, mod very little. But it's there! it's there alright!

Oh, and I stay the hell away from modding electronics.. I don't know enough about them. Wish I did.

To tell you the truth, I can't think of a bloody thing I've actually modified, as in, in my definition, improved with the deduction and addition of material. I know I have, I just can't remember. It's either fixing, or scratch building that I do the most.

Usually scratch building.. and with me staying away from electronics, it's fairly easy. I gave my mother a garden shovel I built a day or 3 ago. It's shiney ;D

If it counts, I'm painting my cd case (medium hard plastic, round, opens like an accordian) black and white checkers. Zero, you know what I'm talking about... and yes, I have a lot of time on my hands.

Ughh, the fact that I haven't modified much is getting on my nerves! my nerves.. hmmmmm .... Yeah, I'm going to go give my sketchbooks some holders.

#2957 CS Or DoD?

Posted by Cadmond on 04 April 2003 - 01:41 AM in Off Topic

Woot! FA!

As to the poll, DoD. I played CS during the earlier parts of my life (like back when the colt had a scope) and enjoyed it then, but when I came back to it, I saw everything was different, and I .. well, hated it. I've only played DoD a bit, but I loved what I played. MGs are funn..