CustomSnake202's Content

There have been 476 items by CustomSnake202 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64488 Splitfire Tactical

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 27 September 2005 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

I like where your head is at, but there are some improvements to be made. First off, I would get rid of that big flashlight, if anything go with a small maglight or something that doesn't bulge out from the gun. As for the scope, if you really want to leave it for looks, then go ahead. But it really won't help you if you're using it to aim. A carrying handle could do the trick. You deifinitely need a paintjob on that guy, its too awkward without it. Also, I would try 1.5" to 2" darts for a splitfire, you'd be able to get better range and accuracy. What kind of range are you getting with the .5" stefans?

Besides that, I really dig the look of the gun. The pumping handle under the silencer looks hot.

#64364 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 26 September 2005 - 12:18 AM in Modifications

Awesome job once again Starbuck. I can't believe you were able to get all the internals in there and still be able to use the original SSII trigger to fire it. I have done something similar myself with the SSII and a SS2 but its no where near as clean as your mod. It sort of reminds me of a splitfire with the plunger out in front. Keep up the good work.

#63947 Happy Birthday Uncle Pinney!

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 19 September 2005 - 06:34 PM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday Piney. I'd drink a Hawaiian Punch in your honor if I had one.

#63538 Legendary Weapon 01: Rose's Judgement

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 12 September 2005 - 10:42 PM in Modifications

Oh word. Yes, like I said, I assummed. All gender put aside, still a great touch.

#63534 Legendary Weapon 01: Rose's Judgement

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 12 September 2005 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

That is a damn good paintjob. I'm not a big fan of dark red paintjobs, but it does look sharp on the NF.

The rose is hella cute. If you're giving it to a girl (assuming that you are), you might get laid.

#63232 New: Tech Target Redesign; New Dart Tag Gun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 06 September 2005 - 08:39 PM in General Nerf

The Scout and Maverick haven't been very good in the distance department.

#63072 "j" & "le Grill"

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 05 September 2005 - 10:37 AM in Modifications

Awesome job on the sm750 pistol design. It looks like it will be a lot easier to put in your pocket, more comfortable to hold, and looks a hell of a lot better than in its original casing.

What are you using for weights on the tip of those darts and what kind of darts are they?

-I evny all of your sm750's.

#62993 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 03 September 2005 - 07:13 PM in Homemades

That's a perfect idea for a grenade. I've seen a lot of designs out there, but this is the first one that actually has been proven to work and not require picking up multiple items besides the darts, like film canisters, springs, and other things like that. If I see some of those frisbees, I'll pick a few up and integrate them into my next war. Great idea Renegade.

#62955 Happy Birthday Bad Karma!

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 03 September 2005 - 01:03 AM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday BK!

#62255 Ompa

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 19 August 2005 - 06:02 PM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday Ompa, have a good one.

#61875 I'm Alive!

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 13 August 2005 - 03:32 PM in Off Topic

Good to hear from you Veggie. Looks like you're all NAVY'D out.

As far as nerf news, the FireFly came out recently and people are just getting around to modding them. Stock, they suck, but once modded I've heard they get around NF range.

#60836 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 01 August 2005 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

Son of a Bitch, that's a lot of NIB Nerf.

#60738 Firefly Out Online

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 31 July 2005 - 07:31 PM in General Nerf

Just reporting that the firefly is at a local target in Tucson, Arizona. I did not pick one up, but my friend did. I must say that the ranges are pretty poor stock. It does however have a pretty cool tracing system on it and the darts come out glowing bright at night. I think I will hold off on this one, I'll see if anyone can work wonders with its range first.

#60725 My Cool And New At2k Air Tank. Check It Out!

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 31 July 2005 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

Well that certainly fixed the problem, but its going to be a lot of trouble just priming that thing. If anything, you can glue a pump directly on the gun so you wouldn't waste any time placing a hose to your tire valve. Believe me, girls do not dig the foot-pump. Good job on saving the gun, I'm curious to see how far that thing will shoot.

And if worse comes to worse, than just buy another twin pack.

#60524 Firefly Out Online

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 29 July 2005 - 02:41 PM in General Nerf

Ompa, that is, the best damn thing I've ever seen. Its gorgeous. Is it just firing from the innards of a at2k, or does it have a different airtank? And is that clip fuctional? Great detail on the gun, very nice paintjob. One of the best homemades I've ever seen.

EDIT: Homemade in the sense that the body of the gun is homemade.

#60324 Firefly Out Online

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 27 July 2005 - 12:10 PM in General Nerf

HOLY CRAP that is big. Yes. Much trimming will be done indeed. Thanks for the comparison.

-That gun looks like a big version of the smg in halo 2.

#60321 Firefly Out Online

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 27 July 2005 - 11:50 AM in General Nerf

Mmmmm, innards. There's so much damn empty space in that guy, which will make it easier to trim down if needed. Hows the connection between the plunger and the barrel assembly? It appears as though the plunger makes a decent seal. Thanks Ompa, you're a good man. If its not too much, you think you could take a pic of you holding the gun, I'm still curious how big this thing is.

#60195 Armageddon 2k5 Recap

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 25 July 2005 - 06:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Sound like you guys had a really good time. I will attend the rest of the armageddon's from now on, I'll have the ol' license next year. A drive to Cali is just what I need in the summer.

#60169 Homemade Vortex Rings

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 25 July 2005 - 01:23 PM in Homemades

Though it is basically the same kind of material as the vortex koosh ring, it is not the same width or thickness of the vortext ring. The Vring is almost twice as wide, and is also skinnier. If you were able to cut and bond the homemade ring very well, I'm guessing you would get it to fly off, but not achieve the same distance as an actual Vring.

#59471 Maverick Problem

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 16 July 2005 - 05:15 PM in General Nerf

TS, I'm pretty sure he's talking about the catch for the metal bar that runs across to cock the gun. The very same thing happened to a friend of mine. My suggestion would be to take a piece of hard plastic, possible a part lying around from another nerf gun, cut and sand it into the size and shape of the piece you broke and goop that sucker on there. Might be a little tough, but its either that or find another maverick/plunger assembly for a maverick.

#59329 Soundtrack Suggestions Needed

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 14 July 2005 - 04:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I know that the last video had "Believe" in it, but there are still some sweet Chemical Brothers songs that would go with the flow:

1.) Chemical Beats (Singles 93-03 (Disc 1) - A good solid beat that rocks
2.) The Boxer (Push the Button) - A fast pace and happy song

Also, another good idea would be NIN's "Hand that Feeds". I love that damn song.

#59239 Mazda Rx-7 1987-90

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 13 July 2005 - 02:19 PM in Off Topic

I've heard good things about the Rx-7 aswell. My dad owns a 89' Mazda MX-5 miata, and I love the thing. I've only practiced on it a few times, but you can feel everything in that car. He was close to buying the Rx-7, but later decided to get the miata because of the better handling and other specs.

It sounds like a good car to me. I like the body of the Rx-7, and its a rotary engine! I can't wait to drive the miata to school. Hard top convertible. Mmmmmmmmm.

#59116 Defender T3 Mod (full Write Up And Pics)

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 12 July 2005 - 12:58 AM in Modifications

Beautiful mods Starbuck, all three guns fit very well into one unit, and get great ranges at that. Another underrated gun pulled out of the dark abyss. I never thought it had so much potential. Also, great mod write up, very detailed and well written.

-Is this national mods week or something?

#59078 Secret Shot 2 Mod

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 11 July 2005 - 01:04 PM in Modifications

Nice SS2 writeup. It's a good idea to put a coupler in that thing in case you want to use different barrels (I should have done that).

-Oh, and if you're having trouble with you darts fitting in one of those barrels, you could always make zero's for your SS2. That way you can make the colar of craftfoam fit perfectly in the 9/16 brass. I only used zero's in my SS2 back in the day, and I was getting 132' with no more than a 10 degree angle and up to 150' angled.

#58909 Firefly Released!

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 08 July 2005 - 07:35 PM in General Nerf

Oh yes. Great news Airsoft, thanks for the report.

-And Slayer, would you say that the firefly preforms as well as a first edition NiteFinder stock?

#58797 Laser Pointers

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 06 July 2005 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

Office Depot, Office Max, and other business supply stores are your best bet. You might even find one at a Walgreens if you're lucky.

#58286 Pulsator 4000

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 26 June 2005 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

Beautiful mod Jake, its designed magnificently. My favorite aspect of the gun is the double priming system, which will sure as hell come in handy. I always liked the color and design of the pulsator, now I can appreciate it even more.

#58200 Like The Fat Kid In Dodgeball...

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 25 June 2005 - 04:56 PM in Off Topic

Take care Veggie, and good luck. Try to intergrate a sspb on you're furture colt (if officers are supplied with firearms, I can't remember).

#58081 At2k Shotgun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 24 June 2005 - 01:22 AM in Modifications

shotgun from Halo

Sounds familiar. Oh yes: http://nerfhaven.com..... shotgun&st=0

#57627 My Lbb Rifle

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 16 June 2005 - 11:57 AM in Modifications

Awesome job, the barrel grip and front sight look great on the LBB, even with the size difference when compared to the original gun. I would not go with putting on an M4 stock either, the handle will be more comfortable to pump and probably easier to rest against your shoulder.

#57586 At2k Shotgun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 15 June 2005 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

Very nice. I really like that handle behind the trigger, a full stock to me doesn't feel/appear good. I salute you.

#57539 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 14 June 2005 - 11:13 PM in General Nerf

Alright, I'll hit this as well. I really didn't post any innovative ideas for modifications in regards to improving range and accuracy or intergrations, but I do like my NFM4 cosmetic mod. I'm still waiting for a mod to really turn some heads, and my best bet is when the BBB is rereleased.

#57466 At2k Shotgun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 13 June 2005 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

I tried the stock idea and I didn't like it. It became too big for me. At the start of this project, I was going for a tactical launcher type gun, which it looks like at the moment. I think I'm going to keep this puppy like this.

-Also, I only used twelve inches of brass to be able to fit multiple darts. I would definitely go with like six inches on an at2k if you are just firing single shots.

#57371 Stefan Help

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 12 June 2005 - 07:21 PM in Homemades

What gun are you using? Does the dart have a tight or loose fit? What are the ranges compared to gun firing stock?

#57367 Stefan Help

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 12 June 2005 - 06:56 PM in Homemades

What gun are you using and what kind of barrel are you firing from? Stefans very often need to be fired from moddified barrels, such as barrels made out of brass or cpvc. If the barrel is not moddified, the dart is probably too loose in the barrel.

#57331 At2k Shotgun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 12 June 2005 - 12:29 PM in Modifications

That would be a very nice addition. I'm thinking maybe a stock that is just made out of cvpc or something. But, I do have a auto hardballer shotgun airsoft gun (along with a very nice collection of airsoft guns that I never use becasue people around here are jerks). Now that stock would be perfect. Well I'm going go see what I can do with that.

Oh by the way, when I relocated the plastic tubing that goes into the airtank, I only used hotglue, knowing that there was a good chance of it coming off and leaving me with a leak, which just happened. Would that GOOP stuff be the right choice for this type of sealing?

#57309 At2k Shotgun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 12 June 2005 - 12:20 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the feedback. When I first stared the mod I tried to throw a handle on there but it became to bulky. So I Just decided to trim it down as much as possible and still have a good looking gun.

And yes, I've seen some pretty crazy shtie that people have done with their at2k's, like THIRTS' semi auto gun that is like woah. I just figured that if everyone else is coming up with so many ways to use an at2k, I might as well give it a shot.

#57302 At2k Shotgun

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 11 June 2005 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

I've had a couple of airtech 2000's lying around for the longest time, but never wanted to barrel mod them or intergrate them with another gun. So I decided just to gut one of them just for the airtank and pump. I took a piece of black plastic tubing I had lying around to cover twelve inches of 9/16 brass tubing. I located the pump right under the barrel with the help of some spare plastic to give space in between the two. Then I hot glued the two pieces together and wrapped the whole thing up in electrical tape. I also plugged the over release valve.

I added six pieces of brass on the left side of the gun for ammo holders and I also put on a led light that is surrounded by sch80 on the right side (also used on my NFM4). I also added a clip from a keychain on the metal release bar on the back of the pump. Let's have a look...

View from above:
Posted Image

View of the front:
Posted Image

View of me holding the gun:
Posted Image

I loaded up the gun with three darts at a time. The darts measure out to an inch and a half. With three pumps, I acheived the following results:

Shortest of the three darts: 51.75 feet
Middle of the three darts: 56.26 feet
Furthest of the three darts: 61.33 feet

-One dart fired (shoved down the barrel with a ramrod): 83.38 feet

All of these shots were fired with no more than a ten degree angle. The shotgun tests with three darts did not require a ramrod.

#57225 My Drawings

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 11 June 2005 - 12:52 AM in Off Topic

I agree with Grinch, there's a whole forum dedicated to off topic subjects. I think it balances the site out, a little off topic discussions never hurt anyone.

All I'm seeing is happy birthdays, stupid polls, flash cartoons and this thread.

That shite has been going on for as long as I can remember, especially the birthdays. So what?

#57022 Veggie

Posted by CustomSnake202 on 09 June 2005 - 12:26 AM in Off Topic

Happy birthday, you're legal! As ompa said, the pen is mightier than the sword. That really has nothing to do with it except the pen.