ChaosPropel's Content

There have been 379 items by ChaosPropel (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#315950 Apocalypse 2012

Posted by ChaosPropel on 21 May 2012 - 04:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I will hopefully be making it up this year, as long as in back in the country by then.
Thanks for posting/finalizing this up, Langley, this will assist in my planning for summer trips.

#314638 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 21 April 2012 - 11:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Legit necro.

A bit of an update:
I have emailed the CUPF about getting a permit for Beall. Obviously that would be ideal, but we may not be able to get one. While I'm waiting for an answer from them, anyone who scouts for a potential new location will recieve a cookie.

#314637 TAVAW 1 Sterling

Posted by ChaosPropel on 21 April 2012 - 11:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Parental supervision required for players under age 13.

Teehee. Dats you bro.

What kind of donuts will be in attendance? Will they be filled with Ichor? If not, they're crap donuts, and no one should go.

#314371 dARts - Now hopperable!

Posted by ChaosPropel on 14 April 2012 - 06:46 AM in Darts and Barrels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjWIPlV2vks
Here's a video of the darts hoppering.

Do they feed without having to shake the blaster, or point it down? 'cause you did both in the vid. How about with cpvc barrels?

#314227 Happy Easter from the North!

Posted by ChaosPropel on 10 April 2012 - 06:15 AM in Off Topic

Now if only you could clean a bathroom with a nerf gun.

Challenge accepted.

#314134 Baby Bottle Hopper

Posted by ChaosPropel on 08 April 2012 - 02:28 PM in Darts and Barrels

I tried this about a week ago using a piece of 1.5" thin wall PVC. Didn't feed, even though it was all reamed out a lot. I'll try CaliPants' method using the bottle later/tomorrow.

I used thin wall, telescoping to 1.25" PVC, then a 1" x 1/2" bushing. I'll upload some pics later.

#314114 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 07 April 2012 - 08:21 PM in Nerf Wars

This war was awesome even after the bumpy start. I had a blast though I am going to be so sore tomorrow. I also somehow forgot that it was spring managed to get a massive sunburn. Damn my Irish, German and English heritage!

My favorite rounds were definitely CTF. They were so one sided it was hilarious. Also loved the pistol rounds and the one round were I used my sancho panza was amazing though I kinda almost felt guilty dominating with it. Almost. Now I know why everyone uses homemades!

Thanks Phree for the box o' parts. I'll see what I can do with them and post my results.

Over all, it was a beautiful day, and it was great to see everyone.

Keo and Chaos, you guys left all kinds of stuff at the war. Keo, I've got your coat and a pair of what I assume are your mobstacles. I also picked up an orange flag which I think is Chaos's. I'll make sure to bring the stuff to the next one, or if you need the coat back sooner Keo, just send me a pm and we can work something out. Cranky also has a bunch of your things Chaos.

That video is hilarious. Shortest duel ever.

Hehe, that SanchoPanza was pretty intense. Got me really good, left a nice welt on my back :P .
Thanks for keeping the flag, I'll get it next time.

#314109 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 07 April 2012 - 06:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Walking up stairs makes me want to cry. This is what you people do to me. I hate you all.

Thanks to everyone who came out, especialy those who came down from PA/NY- it was great having you.

I apologize for the location change, especially to Icysushi who we "left" at Beall. I will definetely try to get a permit for Beall use for next time, if not we'll have to find another location...OR we could have a 3-5 person war at Beall. That would surely make CUPF happy. Fun fun fun.

Regardless, I'm just glad the Fleming worked, I had a great time. Thanks to RedShot/BlueArrow for bringing those mobstacles- they were a big help. Also thanks to everyone for being so cooperative with the location change and setup.

Hope to see you all at DCNF5, whenever that is.

PS:

Also, for those of you who missed out, we also decided to just have DCNF5, 6, and 7 today. It was pretty nice- you should be jelly. That means that we are now ahead of NJNO in terms of "number behind acronym."

DCNF5:
Posted Image

DCNF6:
Posted Image

DCNF7:
Posted Image

#314089 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 07 April 2012 - 06:26 AM in Nerf Wars

War is today. See everyone later!

#314072 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 06 April 2012 - 07:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Screw it, I'll post all the pre-war stuff now.

Some info the war day:

I will try to be there at 9:30 to start setting up, give or take 10-15 mins, since I will have a guest with me as well.

Please park in the back/general parking lot of the school, it should be pretty obvious. I will be near/in the parking lot to welcome you, and lead you to the staging area.

Please try to get there at 10:00 AM, as that is when the war will start, if not earlier. The earlier the better.

Please read the ENTIRE OP before coming to this war/leaving. It has tons of info that you NEED TO KNOW. Also read my previous post, with the gametype explanations.

If you have any game type materials or cover materials PLEASE bring them, we have enough but more would always be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

There are restaraunts within a 2 minute drive of the park. Please either pack a lunch or prepare to drive out to those places. I can give you some general directions if you want. Notably, there is a "Potbellys" within a 2 minute drive, which is highly recommended for those non-packers- it's fast and good.

Be prepared to have your blasters range rested and darts dissected (just one or two) to prove legality.

MOST IMPORTANT:

PLEASE FOLLOW THE HANDY MAP IN THE OP!
Park in the parking lot in the back of the school, you will see a playground to the left. Then, follow the blue line on the map to the staging area, there will be picnic tables.

Let's make this an AWESOME war! I'll post anything else I remember/need to say before the war, tomorrow.

#314068 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 06 April 2012 - 06:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks for that weather update, Sharvil. I will update weather early tomorrow morning as well. Some final spiel is also coming later tonight too, about tomorrow's war.

I have noticed at previous wars that we do not have time to explain game type rules before each round, and then there ends up being some confusion about how the games are played/rules. So this time I'll waste half an hour of my life typing it all up for you idiots ( ;) ).

These are just some generic game types that we've played/revised over previous DCNFs, these are by no means the only gametypes we shall be playing.

Deathmatch-

This gametype is the simplest. We split into 2+ teams, teams differentiated by flagging tape. The goal is to shoot/hit people on the opposing team(s). If you've ever played any sort of shooter game, it's pretty much just that. We usually play 3-15 rules, where everyone has 3 lives, and when they get hit, that's one life down. In order to respawn into their 2nd life, one must clear/walk away from the general area of combat (where most people are actively playing), and then count to 15. After that, they say "clear" and come back into play. When you shoot someone, say "hit."

Capture the Flag-

Infinite lives, clear/move onto next life by touching a certain pre-assigned point (at least 20 feet from the flag), and counting to 10. Your ultimate goal is to capture the other team's flag, and bring it back to your team's side. If you are hit with the flag in your posession, drop the flag where it is. Flag location must be shown to other team before round (or not, if you wanna be douchebags/spice things up).

Carpe Testiculum-

2+ teams, infinite lives, spawn is the same as CTF. Each team has one bucket of balls, placed on the far end of their side of the field/playing area. Then there is one bucket of balls in the center of the field. The amount of balls in each team's bucket depends on # of people on that team. There is an amount of balls placed in the middle bucket that is lesser than the amount of balls in each team's bucket. The ultimate goal is to grab balls from the other team's side, and put them in your bucket. At the end of a certain amount of time, the team with the most balls in their bucket wins. In order to start grabbing balls from the other team(s)' bucket(s), the balls in the middle bucket must first be claimed, and brought back to your bucket. And obviously, you can shoot people. Durr.

Wingman-
3-15 (or 4-20) spawn rules. Teams of 2. Shoot to kill. The last person remaining wins for their team. Clear to spawn. This round can also be played with pistol only rules.

Defend the Core-
A bit more complicated. This is how we usually play it:

Each team has a box with tin foil/paper over it. The goal is to get to the other team's side, and shoot darts through the paper/foil into the box. Infinite lives, game ends when time runes out. Spawning is either clearing or CTF style. At the end of the timed round, the team with the most darts in their opponents' box wins.

VIP/Juggernaut-

There are 2+ teams. There is a designated "VIP/JUGGERNAUT" on each team. The juggernaut gets a primary. All other players get pistols. VIPs play by 3-15 rules. Non-VIPs have unlimited lives (15 second respawn, clear to spawn). However, when the VIP dies, then all the non-VIPs have one life each. Last man standing wins for their team.

There are also a few other rounds I'd like to try, and we're always open to suggestions, of course.

FOR PEOPLE WHO JUST TL;DR'd that:

UNLESS YOU WERE AT DCNF3 (where we pretty much finalized all the aforementioned gametypes) PLEASE READ THAT. THOSE RULES ARE LIKELY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU ARE USED TO.
OR
We will, of course, also be able to play variants, if the people so choose.

#313999 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 05 April 2012 - 09:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Weather update:
High 62
Low 40
0% chance precip

This war shall go on unless precip rises above 30% chance.

#313948 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 04 April 2012 - 07:34 AM in Nerf Wars

Weather update-

Right now, I'm seeing that we will have a high temp of 64 and a low of 42, with 0% chance of precip, 41% humidity. This war shall go on unless precip rises over the next two days.

#313910 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 03 April 2012 - 07:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Less than a week everybody! Get those darts made and those blasters ready! We currently have 17 confirmed, hopefully more will confirm this week. I will start updating you guys on weather tomorrow.

Also, I have added a handy little map to the OP with the path from the parking lot to staging area, and the locations of the field, staging area, and "labrynth."

Thanks to Langley for the map.

View this map with a detailed legend in a larger window.

#313779 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 31 March 2012 - 08:53 AM in Nerf Wars

War is a week away, everyone! Right now we've got a good number confirmed, hopefully more can come as well.
I will start updating this thread with weather on Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

#313466 Make your own taps!!!!.

Posted by ChaosPropel on 24 March 2012 - 10:15 AM in Modifications

Very nice. I actually just saw, yesterday, Stevinmarin on YouTube do this in one of his videos, except he used a file.

#313446 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 23 March 2012 - 10:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Looks like i'm a defiantly, count me in.

Ignoring that fact that you claimed yourself to be an adverb, I've added you to the "defiant" list.
So now we're at 13 definites, a few maybes, and 1 defiant person. Great.

Seriously, please learn to spell.

#313298 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 21 March 2012 - 07:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks for that Langley, a new map is inbound for those of you who haven't been to Beall before.

Just a bump, the war is two weeks from Saturday. Get those darts made! Also, get your butts confirmed, maybes!

Also, if you haven't seen already, there is a DCNF4 trading thread in the trading forum, you can post your trading related stuff there (WTBs, WTS's, stuff like that).

#313168 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 19 March 2012 - 02:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Wonderful! That puts us at 11 confirmed, which is good,but compared to 16 at last month's war, not impressive. Let's try to at least break 12 so we can do 3 team rounds. With 4 on each team.

#313146 dARts - Now hopperable!

Posted by ChaosPropel on 19 March 2012 - 05:56 AM in Darts and Barrels

Very interesting Mysterio. I plan on making a simply jig for these heads tonight out of some polyethylene cutting board that I have, since I already have plenty of materials for oogoo.
How well is the head bonded to the foam? Have you tried a "rip" test on the darts to see how easy it is to tear out?

Also, to make these feed in hoppers, could a raw mcmaster adhesive backed felt pad be applied to the front? Would the sticky side stick to the sili? If not, would silicone bond to that side? If so, the pad could just be placed on when making the molded heads.

#313103 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 18 March 2012 - 07:31 PM in Nerf Wars

RedShot will be riding down with me, along with my brother.

Wonderful, added to the list.

#313098 Gotcha! The Sport: Enforcer

Posted by ChaosPropel on 18 March 2012 - 07:12 PM in General Nerf

I say toss. :) Back on topic; How strong is the spring? It seems to be a good size, but also has quite thin wire.

HUNDREDth POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-The spring is very similar to that of a "strong pistol splat" variation but several inches longer.

#312896 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 15 March 2012 - 04:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Instead of cluttering up the Trading Forum with a seperate thread for each DCNF, I think it would be better to have one "Universal" thread for all DCNF's. The host would update the thread with the current DCNF number and would also start off with his/her WTB's/WTS's.

The "universal" thread would then become very cluttered. To be honest, a DCNF trading thread every month shouldn't be "cluttering the trading forum." I think I'll stick with a thread per war, unless you guys just want to post the trading stuff here, or if Langley disapproves it.

#312829 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 14 March 2012 - 06:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright, date is set for April 7th 2012.

#312723 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 11 March 2012 - 06:12 PM in Nerf Wars

This is a last call for people to say if Passover would create conflict for them on 4/7/12. If no one states so within 48 hours, the date shall be set for 4/7/12 at Beall.

#312648 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 09 March 2012 - 10:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Woo, I can post again! Sorry for my absense from this thread for the last week, due to suspension.

"Should" and "most likely" don't mean a nything to me, get your butts confirmed!

@SilentRebel and Landstricker, thanks so much for the videos- I really enjoyed all of them. I really appreciate it.

To everyone else-
So far, it doesn't seem like the Passover thing has affected anyone. OP has been updated with current attendance confirmation.

If no one speaks up about Passover creating conflict within another few days, I will set the date for 4/7/12.

Thanks.

#312366 Nerf Pistol Dictionary

Posted by ChaosPropel on 03 March 2012 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

http://i981.photobuc...olstorybrah.png

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

#312360 DCNF#4

Posted by ChaosPropel on 03 March 2012 - 09:06 PM in Nerf Wars

DCNF3 went well, now it's time to get #4 on the road.

DCNF will be a monthly/bi-monthly/whenever possible war in the DMV area, meant to keep DMV Nerf active.

Date:
April 7th, 2012 (Saturday)

Time: 10:00 AM will be when we start the war, untill whenever we feel like ending.
Getting there at 9:30-9:45 would be a good idea, for testing/bans/etc.

Beall Elementary School (http://www.montgomer...ew.aspx?s=02207)
451 Beall Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
Posted Image
Here is a detailed map of all our war locations, the staging area, and parking lot. Pleae look at this before the war.

View this map with a detailed legend in a larger window.

Rules:
-No JOBARs, No Cobras, no singled Titans, no singled plugged-pump airguns designed to shoot anything larger than a Mega dart. (If you are unsure about whether your blaster fits this description, bring a back-up just in case.)
-Basically, anything that was originally designed to fire any projectile larger than a mega dart that must, if it is an "airgun," still use the stock OPRV/OPV.
-No exposed metal barrels
-No blasters painted flat black, all flat brown, or completely camo.
-No dressing up in camouflage
-Eye protection is manditory, I don't care how old you are
-Other blasters will be handled on a case-by-case basis(INCLUDING HOMEMADE AIRGUNS)
-Doomsayers are allowed
-If your blaster is more than 75 percent grey of black, please use orange tape on it. If you do not, we will put an unnatural amount of tape, of rather effeminate colors, on your blaster.
-Super soakers ARE allowed, but will be dealt with/banned on a case-by-case basis.
-ALL ATTENDEES MUST BE OF 13 YEARS OF AGE OR MORE.
-For pistol rounds, a blaster is considered a pistol if it is a single shot springer blaster, that does not fire allowed darts over 80'.

Guidelines to non-douche-ness: MUST READ!-We are using public space for this war, and we DO NOT wanna get kicked out or get the cops called!
-please keep profanity and vulgar symbols/actions to a bare minimum
-please keep loud yelling to a minimum too; there are houses nearby, and we wouldn't wanna disturb the environment with loud noises.
-PICK UP ALL TRASH that you leave, whether it is from lunch or a blaster. If you are seen leaving too much trash, you may not be invited to the next DCNF; the hosts/other attendees are NOT here to be your maids.
-try to pick up all darts during dart sweeps/lunch; we don't wanna leave too many darts on their field (it's pretty much the same as litter to them)

-If you repeatedly act violate these rules throughout the day, you may be asked to sit rounds out, or to leave/not come back to DCNF wars...let's make this a fun war for everybody, and a non-disturbing war for the surrounding area! Afterall, we're there to have fun, right?

Dart Restrictions:
-Nothing heavier than a 3/0 fishing weight steel ball bearing under a hot glue dome. In other words, BBs, 3/16" balls, 3/0 fishing ewights and anything lighter than a 3/0 fishing weight are allowed under a dome. Washers under hot glue domes, no matter the size, are banned.
-Fishing weights and anything lighter are allowed under a felt pad, or at least a 2mm craft foam padding. If you have other kinds of darts (other types of padding?), please PM me or post here.

What to bring:
-WATER! For YOUR SAKE!
-A lunch, packed or pre bought.
-2-3 primaries.(Please bring more than one, since there is a large chance that it will break/fail during the day, or you will just hate it in the field/get bored of it)
-200+ darts
-A pistol or two-we will be having pistol rounds
-Fun ammo- rockets, missiles, megas, mongos, balls, etc.
-Stuff to trade/money to buy stuff. We will have trading time.
-Stock ammo, if your manly enough to use it.
-Bring some melee stuff-swords, knives, etc, just for fun.
-YOUR A-GAME!

What not to bring:
-Alchohol or drugs
-Real firearms
-Camo
-Ghillie suits
-Flat black blasters
-Un-allowed darts
-Death darts

Shields:
-Manta Rays and Laser Fang wings only.

Melee:
-Melee hits count as barrel "taps". If your melee weapon gets shot it counts as a blaster hit.

Lunch:
-Pack one or bring money to go out and buy food during the lunch break.

Match Types:
-Deathmatch (3-15, 5-20, etc.)
-Not Deathmatch (will figure out what once I get a better idea of who will be attending)
-CTF?
-Pistol only rounds
-Whatever else we want to play

Please post below saying whether or not you can attend, and what date/location works best for you. Also, if you have advice for venue choice, please post below or PM me (for example, if you know of a better venue in the area, or one of the three mentioned above just suck). Please bring guests/friends/family if possible! The more the merrier! Let's make this an amazing war!

Attendees:

Definite:
ChaosPropel
Thesaz123+1
TheSilentRebel+1
Keo
Phree Agent+3
Sharvil06
Landstricker
Redshot
Nerfnoob10
Structure
DarkPC
Icysushi+1
Crankymonky
Pepperjj31

Maybe:

T-Dog
Doom
Big_Modz

#311921 DCNF 3

Posted by ChaosPropel on 26 February 2012 - 09:04 PM in Nerf Wars

The few pics I took can be seen here:
http://s981.photobuc...haos42CP/DCNF3/

#311912 DCNF 3

Posted by ChaosPropel on 26 February 2012 - 07:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Yea, needless to say, I won't be comfortably climbing and stairs and time soon.
Thanks so much to all who came out, especially those who came from afar- Saz, SilentRebel, Langley, DX, TED, Shandsgator. I really appreciate it, you guys definetely made the war better.

I guess I'll do the recap the old fashioned way-

Pros:
-Meeting everyone
-Getting to war with some locals again
-Got lots of schtuffz
-Got lots of footage
-Didn't forget anything in the way of hosting materials/game types
-Got a lot of gametypes in- I think that CTF was definetely my favorite
-Lunch time Everyone vs. Michael round
-Got a pulsator for free- I shall take good care of it, Dean. I'll pulsate every day until I get 400' out of it.
-Didn't leave with the Air Zone Crossbow- Suck it, Dean.
-Some other stuff, too tired to list them right now.
-Dean using me as a body shield

Cons:
-Too much downtime- y u talk so much?!?!
-Pumpbow crapped out half way through- half of the skirt seal had folded backwards. I was suprised that the thing actually shot at all, even if only 60'.
-Barrel fit sucked. Switching foams fucks.
-Hero didn't make it.
-No UMD guys
-Freaking hopper jams/screwups

Again, thanks so much to all who came out. Hope you all had fun.

#311880 DCNF 3

Posted by ChaosPropel on 26 February 2012 - 07:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Morning of the war, can't wait! Again, I will be there early, and you can reach me at starting at like 8:30 if you have an questions.

I wish the best to those driving from afar.

#311864 DCNF 3

Posted by ChaosPropel on 25 February 2012 - 10:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I am hitting the hay. See you all in the morning.
My cell will be on starting at 9:00, so feel free to call me with questions....pm me for the num.

I will be there around 9:30, setting up and such. Everything else you need to know is either in the OP or in my last few posts in ths thread.

See you all in the morning! Can't wait!

#311820 DCNF 3

Posted by ChaosPropel on 25 February 2012 - 08:13 AM in Nerf Wars

Just read the rules and regulations, no boozahol? Fuck this shit.

We'll be warring in the backyard of a public Elementary School, so yea, no boozahol.

Weather update:
It was freaking snowing here in Bethesda a few minutes ago, but the large amount of wind kept it from accumulating on the ground, although I doubt it would've accumulated anyway. Either way, it's fine- snow has stopped, no snow on the ground. Ground is dry, so no mud to fuck with.

Forecast for tomorrow:
Posted Image
As you can see, it'll pretty much be sunny all day, but the highest it'll get is about 45 degrees, so be ready for that, although it shouldn't be a problem, as we're not of the female variety, and will be running around all day. Still a 0% chance of precip, which is good. War is definetely on.

I'll post some last minute updates tonight/tomorrow morning.

#311795 DCNF 3

Posted by ChaosPropel on 24 February 2012 - 10:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Can we order from Talio's Pizza?

What?

#311787 DCNF 3

Posted by ChaosPropel on 24 February 2012 - 08:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Less than 2 days left everyone. Get all your shit together.
Weather is still looking absolutely great- 0% chance of precip, and an avg of 40's temperature. The war is on.
I wish the best of luck and a smooth trip to all of those who are driving to the war from afar.

Some info the war day:

I will try to be there at 9:30 to start setting up, give or take 10-15 mins, since I will have a guest with me as well.

Please park in the back/general parking lot of the school, it should be pretty obvious. I will be near/in the parking lot to welcome you, and lead you to the staging area.

Please try to get there at 10:00 AM, as that is when the war will start, if not earlier. The earlier the better.

Please read the ENTIRE OP before coming to this war/leaving. It has tons of info that you NEED TO KNOW.

If you have any game type materials or cover materials PLEASE bring them, we have enough but more would always be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

There are restaraunts within a 2 minute drive of the park. Please either pack a lunch or prepare to drive out to those places. I can give you some general directions if you want. Notably, there is a "Potbellys" within a 2 minute drive, which is highly recommended for those non-packers- it's fast and good.

Be prepared to have your blasters range rested and darts dissected (just one or two) to prove legality.

Let's make this an AWESOME war! I'll post anything else I remember/need to say before the war, tomorrow.

#311725 DCNF 3

Posted by ChaosPropel on 23 February 2012 - 09:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Chaos, will there be a dedicated time for trading?

In the past, we haven't really had a designated trading time, but if a large amount of people would like one, we can always arrange to just take an extra 15 minutes or so before the first round to trade/talk.

Also, does anyone have any game type materials? Tennis balls in a large quantity (50+ or so)? Ping pong balls? Playpen balls?
Anyone have any non-orange flagging tape? I'd like to try out some 3-4 team TDM/Carpe rounds.

#311717 DCNF 3

Posted by ChaosPropel on 23 February 2012 - 08:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome everyone! Can't wait for this war- we have 18 confirmed NIC members so far, and most likely more people coming from UMD to war with us.

Weather's still looking AWESOME:
Posted Image

#311652 DCNF 3

Posted by ChaosPropel on 22 February 2012 - 07:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks to everyone who's stepped up and offered cover.
Between keo and I, we have 8 mobstacles done. As 2-D as they may be, they'll work. I think I have enough fabric and tarp for mine at least, dunno about Keo's. I'll take inventory tomorrow/tonight if I have time, and get back to you guys. Honestly, I think that 8 mobstacles is enough to cover Beall's soccer field. I might need some tarp-supplement though.

Also, bring water. Treat this like you would any sporting event where you are playing. We will be running around all day, so bring enough water for a day of running. I know that I have brought lots of communal water in the past, but I do not have enoug water for many loaner bottles right now, and do not know if I will be able to go to the store before the war, so I suggest/ask that you pack a lot.

#311620 DCNF 3

Posted by ChaosPropel on 22 February 2012 - 06:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for the double post.

So far, weather is looking good for Rockville on Sunday. 0% of precipitation, highs of 48, lows of 33. As long as chance of precipitation doesn't go above 40% or so, the war is on.

#311595 DCNF 3

Posted by ChaosPropel on 21 February 2012 - 03:50 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone wants a cell phone number at which you will be able to reach me the morning of the war, please PM me and Ill give it to you.