Ozymandias's Content

There have been 140 items by Ozymandias (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#294896 2011 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Ozymandias on 22 February 2011 - 01:56 AM in Nerf Wars

March:

[http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20878]12th [TX] Tango 3[/url]

#294895 Tango 3

Posted by Ozymandias on 22 February 2011 - 01:52 AM in Nerf Wars

Date: April 30th
Time: noon to dark

Definates (1):
Me

Maybes():

Posted Image

Gametypes might include simple 3-15, meatgrinder, DTC (maybe), CTF, Wingmen, Gunslingers Heaven, and anything else reasonably simple. The Hexagon was a fun type, so expect some of that. Expect some melee rounds.

Any suggestions?

#294248 Angel Breech That Accepts Streamlines

Posted by Ozymandias on 09 February 2011 - 03:07 AM in Modifications

Ah, excellent.

SgNerf has this mod and this update, but your pics are a tad more useful and your measurements are in customary units (ie not metric).

Nevermind, reread your post.

So, I have 2 questons at the moment:

1) What material did you use for your shotgun grip/arms?

2) Have you had dart shredding issues with your breech?

#293793 Tango 2

Posted by Ozymandias on 03 February 2011 - 04:42 AM in Nerf Wars

Date: Feb 19th
Time: noon to dark

Attended:
Me
ilikefish58
McKnight
steven5907
Captain America
Fish Sammich
Tallahassee Zombieland

Posted Image

We won't be doing any particularly complicated game types, as this is the first NIC style war we will be attempting.

Gametypes might include simple 3-15, meatgrinder, DTC (maybe), CTF, Wingmen, Gunslingers Heaven, and anything else reasonably simple. Expect some melee rounds.

I am not positive what this group's ranges are like, so if you come make sure you bring a primary with lower (80ish) ranges in case I have to impose an on the spot range limit.

Lunch has not been planned out yet, although there are numerous nearby restaurants/fastfood joints.

Here is how I am running pistol rounds:
Pistolsplats are not considered pistols in pistol only rounds unless they have a RSCB or shotgunloaded speedloaders to limit ranges. Nitefinders are okay within reason.

Pistols is 3-15 with Mavericks, Nitefinders, Pistolsplats (as noted above), Tek6s, Tek4s, etc. Ranges need to be under 60 or so. I will allow pistol'd Recons, although you can have a max of 2 6rd clips. Clips on NFs/PSs can hold no more then 3 darts. Wingmen is the same except people are in teams of 2. We might try 2 teams if we have the time (we probably will).

The xploderz thing is okay if it is RSCB'd.

If anything in there is incorrect, correct me.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: The War happened, it was fun. I am not making this a new post because I don't want to bump the thread.

#293564 Tango 2 Poll

Posted by Ozymandias on 29 January 2011 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Tango 1 threads for reference: NH thread, NRev thread

So, we're doing this again.
The start time has been moved back to noon, as that is when more people showed up last time.

#293562 Tek 3 Mods

Posted by Ozymandias on 29 January 2011 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

I'm still iffy about that. I want to have this be easily concealed. Like for HvZ, etc.

Posted Image

Is that concealable enough for ya?

#293484 Calling All Texan Nerfers 2

Posted by Ozymandias on 28 January 2011 - 03:56 AM in Nerf Wars

It happened. Decent turnout, ~90ft. hit with a streamline, etc.

The dude taking the photos isn't validated. For pics, go here.

#292913 Water Warriors Ultimate Bandit

Posted by Ozymandias on 16 January 2011 - 01:23 AM in Modifications

Jerm modified the Deluge and got 70ft. ranges. I don't see why that couldn't work here.

#292369 Finally

Posted by Ozymandias on 07 January 2011 - 03:01 AM in Off Topic

Congrats!

Out of curiosity, what does an 'Engineering Laboratory Technician' do? Research & Development?

#292090 2011 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Ozymandias on 02 January 2011 - 05:54 PM in Nerf Wars

January:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20641]22nd [TX] CATN 2[/url]

Thanks Bob.

EDIT: I copy and pasted Bob's post (#2), deleted the quote tags, then replaced the BAFF URL/Date/Location/Name with the corresponding CATN info.

#291832 R3l Re-shelled

Posted by Ozymandias on 29 December 2010 - 11:46 PM in Homemades

To provide some context:

http://nerfsg.freefo...tups-t1783.html (Tell me if you can't see that)

Singapore is a good deal less anal about this stuff. Keep in mind, every male citizen over 18 serves in the military (barring an exemption) for 2 years, so they know what is and is not real.

Tl;dr It is their Nerf and cannot effect us on the other side of the world; bugger off.

#291334 Calling All Texan Nerfers 2

Posted by Ozymandias on 22 December 2010 - 12:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Sure.

I can't promise anything about guests. This group likes to sleep in till noon...

#291331 Calling All Texan Nerfers 2

Posted by Ozymandias on 21 December 2010 - 11:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Unless an emergency pops up, I'm in.

Definate.

#291277 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Ozymandias on 21 December 2010 - 02:55 AM in Off Topic

Steam Sale, bitches.

List of games on sale:
http://www.steamgamesales.com/

The Orange Box is $15!

#291274 Hopper Clip For Stock Tagger Darts

Posted by Ozymandias on 21 December 2010 - 02:02 AM in Darts and Barrels

What is the ID of the purple PVC?
You used "SDR21 PurplePipe 1/2 x 1ft", I assume?
Will you and Ryan be selling this mystical pipe due to Flex's shipping cost?

#289975 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Ozymandias on 04 December 2010 - 12:13 AM in Modifications

For streamlines, use CPVC. Consider this: you need 12ft. of barrel material to make a Doomsayer. Brass is not cheap.

If you have a drill, ream out the back 2.5in. of each barrel.

Popatachi (sp?) made a CPVC Doomsayer. Search for it.

#289935 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Ozymandias on 03 December 2010 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

3 AAs, 4 Ds, for a total of 10.5V.

Gets about 50-60ft.

#289331 Texas Aggie Nerf-gaming Outing

Posted by Ozymandias on 28 November 2010 - 09:47 PM in Nerf Wars

By the way, I do have another question: Is there a limit to the capacity of the clip on hoppers, Rscb's, etc? Also, I may need a nitefinder or 2 - one for me and one for my bro. If you or someone you know has an extra, could you bring them?

No capacity limits.

For the pistol round, I do have pistolsplats and nitefinders, though you might have to use long barrels with them to bring range down.

#289327 Texas Aggie Nerf-gaming Outing

Posted by Ozymandias on 28 November 2010 - 09:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Date: December 4th
Time: 10AM to 5:30PM

Attendees (11):
Me, Myself, and I
McKnight1990
ilikefish58
ishmael8765678 +1
6 HvZ people

Maybes:
7777tx
steven5907

Posted Image

We won't be doing any particularly complicated game types, as this is the first NIC style war we will be attempting.

Gametypes might include simple 3-15, meatgrinder, DTC, CTF, Wingmen, Gunslingers Heaven, and anything else reasonably simple.

I am not positive what this group's ranges are like, so if you come make sure you bring a primary with lower (80ish) ranges in case I have to impose an on the spot range limit.

The Gaming part of the title refers to the fact that the group likes melee, so there will be a melee round or 2, probably towards the end of the day when lighting makes finding darts difficult.

Lunch has not been planned out yet, although there are numerous nearby restaurants/fastfood joints.

Here is how I am running pistol rounds:
"Pistolsplats are not considered pistols in pistol only rounds unless they have a RSCB or something to limit ranges. Nitefinders are okay within reason.

Pistols is 3-15 with Mavericks, Nitefinders, Pistolsplats (as noted above), Tek6s, Tek4s, etc. Ranges need to be under 60 or so. I will allow pistol'd Recons, although you can have a max of 2 6rd clips. Clips on NFs/PSs can hold no more then 3 darts. Wingmen is the same except people are in teams of 2. We might try 2 teams if we have the time (we probably will)."

If anything in there is incorrect, correct me.

Meatgrinder and 3-15 with primaries and pistols are definate game types and will probably be the backbone of TANGO I. I am working on a 2x2ft. core which will be on 3 ft. legs. Carpe, Protect the VIP, and CTF are also being considered.

Any suggestions?

#288996 Validation Fast Track

Posted by Ozymandias on 26 November 2010 - 09:17 PM in News

Thank You.