HasreadCoC's Content

There have been 224 items by HasreadCoC (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#290500 Nerf Barricade - Clip Conversion - Mod Guide!

Posted by HasreadCoC on 09 December 2010 - 11:50 AM in Modifications

Ditto. I think (Don't quote me) you can get Barricades for something like $17.

I quoted you anyway :P

But yeah, 'cades have an MSRP of $20, although Targets have recently been selling them for $15 and even $12. At $12 you can get one heck of a secondary/indoor primary if you choose to duel wield.

#290498 Nerf Barricade - Clip Conversion - Mod Guide!

Posted by HasreadCoC on 09 December 2010 - 10:28 AM in Modifications

Now lets see someone use a longshot stock.

That's what I plan to do when I find a 'cade for $15 or less, I've got an old stock laying around anyway.

#290457 Ultimator With K14 Spring And Clear Plunger Tube

Posted by HasreadCoC on 08 December 2010 - 01:46 PM in Modifications

Would you ever consider selling these plunger tubes/springs pre-cut/couplered as a sort of conversion kit? If so how much? If I ever get my hands on an Ultimator I would sure be interested in buying.

#290009 Underground

Posted by HasreadCoC on 04 December 2010 - 11:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Did you go through the tunnels and check them out for safety? Sounds pretty sketchy to me. Also, wouldn't this be trespassing? I wanna see some pics please!!

As he already said, it's on his land, so no, it wouldn't be trespassing unless the state has some crazy rules about playing in your own backyard.

P.S. Because its my land, no cops can tell us to leave!

#289955 Full Cpvc Clip Accepting Ls Breech

Posted by HasreadCoC on 03 December 2010 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

The truly genius part of this (if I understand it correctly) is that you can have proper barrel length (as in, not the usual 2in barrel) the same as you would with a singled LS, but this way it still takes clips. Great work dude, now I wonder if this can be done to a recon? I'd make the assumption that it would, but you know what they say about assumptions.....

#289866 Project Lsd

Posted by HasreadCoC on 03 December 2010 - 11:28 AM in Modifications

This is the best overkill I have ever seen.

The more overkill the better I say! That was my logic with my TitanStrike project (Longstrike with a Titan tank integrated in so that it shoots missiles off the side).

#289614 How To[mostly] Build An Svt4b

Posted by HasreadCoC on 01 December 2010 - 01:43 PM in Modifications

NJ wars will totally not allow this, but I like that you put a bike pump on it. How many pumps does it take till it's full?

You won't allow it because it's pump replaced? Or because it's slightly expanded? The pump I don't see as much of a problem as long as the stock OPV is left intact, the expansion.....well, in this case it's not a problem (because it's only minorly expanded), but I COULD see some idiot making it, say, 3x it's normal size (TWSS!) and singling it. Then it would make sense to ban it.

#289277 Louisville Metro Nerf War!

Posted by HasreadCoC on 28 November 2010 - 06:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Where would it be? I'm in northern KY around where most of the Cinci wars are located, so if it's not TOO far from there I may be able to make it.

#289246 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by HasreadCoC on 28 November 2010 - 01:27 PM in Modifications

Something I discovered (It may have been previously discovered, if so, I re-discovered it on my own) that may be helpful to those of you having trouble getting raw foam to fit in stock CPVC (i.e. not drilled out).

One method of straightening FBR is to hang it in about 10ft lengths with a small weight at the bottem for a few weeks. As I found out, you can take raw foam that won't fit in stock CPVC, hang it with a decent ammount of weight, and leave it alone for about 3-4 months and the diameter will just slightly enough decrease to give you a perfect fit in CPVC. Keep in mind that the longer dart you want to make, the smaller you want the diameter to be. For example, I make my dart 1in long, if I try using the same foam to make 2in long darts, the fit is still to tight.

Theoretically, you could use heavier wieghts on the end of the hanging 10ft foam lengths to speed up the whole process, just make sure you don't make the foam TOO thin.

#289232 Validation Fast Track

Posted by HasreadCoC on 28 November 2010 - 10:27 AM in News

And to add to what Bob said, don't back-seat moderate. This doesn't just mean not to go around saying "don't do/post this or you'll get banned", it also includes even criticizing really stupid posts/members.

Seriously, even if the person has posted 3 Waiting-To-Buy topics for the same thing in a row, even if they sincerely are looking for the items in the WTB but are just being stupid about it, don't even bother warning them. That's the admin's turf and they will defend it like a swarm of angry bees with their banning-stingers.

#289185 Cinci Thanksgiving Showdown

Posted by HasreadCoC on 27 November 2010 - 10:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Pros:

Getting a proper wye

Not getting hit, well, up until Mike shot me when it was OUTSIDE of the round (DOES NOT COUNT!!11one!!!) with the three rockets.

Not falling off during the spinning "initiation" AND still being able to walk a straight line; that would have been quite the face-plant had I fallen off LOL.

+bows and pumpbows look as cool in person as I had hoped.

My PAS seel working fine in spite of the cold.

Mike's dad making a "WTF" face every time he looked at all the blasters in Mike's trunk, I tried hard not to all-out laugh at him.

Cons:

Only having time to get in one real round of nerf

Mike's XXL. I hate it. I hate it forever for distracting everyone with it's awesomeness and preventing us from nerfing.

No one managed to come up with a good chuck norris joke (PS. Ghosts are actually a result of Chuck Norris killing people faster than death can process them, also, Bill Gates lives in constant fear that Chuck Norris' PC will crash..... the PC won't be the only thing that will be broken)

Cold hands. And when I used gloves I couldn't work my blaster right.

Overall I had fun. But seriously people, you're never going to get Mike's XXL :-P

#286879 Rainbow

Posted by HasreadCoC on 12 October 2010 - 05:25 PM in Homemades

This is just begging for the creation of a Double RainBow.

Correction: It is begging for the creation of a double-pump-action-rainbow, heck, a triple-pump-action-rainbow, even, if you're strong enough to prime it!

Seriously, the guy who starts doing double-pump-action-rainbow contracts will get very rich, very quickly.

#286531 Is A Big Bad Bow Spring To Stong For A Stock Longshot Boltsled?

Posted by HasreadCoC on 03 October 2010 - 09:44 PM in Modifications

Ok here's a question(s) posted for my little bro who has a LS, would a [k25] be a good replacement spring by itself for the LS? Or a [k26]? Would the boltsled need to be reinforced in either/both cases?

#286108 Ultimate Raider

Posted by HasreadCoC on 26 September 2010 - 08:57 PM in Modifications

If this makes it all the way to the directory then my Twinsanity should go to some sort of "Hall of Fame," at least my picture was my own and it was of the actual mod, and, of course, the Doomsayer writeup should go all the way to being printed and sold in bookstores near YOU!

EDIT: For reference, this is the Twinsanity:

Posted Image

#285269 Mafia/ Shrub B-day War

Posted by HasreadCoC on 11 September 2010 - 10:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Having no Stefans made, no finished primary, rain, and a paper to write utterly and completely sucks. Meeting Mike/superbunny IRL was cool though, and the XXL Bazooka had awesome recoil. With some luck I may actually be able to Nerf at the next Nerf war otherwise I might just end up hosting one myself.

#284914 New Shields?

Posted by HasreadCoC on 06 September 2010 - 09:24 AM in General Nerf

The stonewall is a decent shield in its self, but to balance things out, if someone is carrying a stonewall they should also occupy one of their weapon "slots" with the accompanying mini sword. If you for instance allow 3 weapons, a primary, a sidearm, and a melee, then they couldn't have a marauder with the shield. Perhaps even go as far as making the shield occupy another slot.

The best way to handle the stampede shield on the stampede would probably just be to not count gun hits when it's equipped. Though the shield its self would be more mobile if placed on a sidearm, so it's more the user trading off between the two advantages.

I'm in agreement that heavy ammo (arrows, missles, balls) should count as hits when they hit a shield, essentially making them shield piercers in function. And it gives people an excuse to use bigger ammo (that some of us plain find more fun. I like arrows myself.)

This. I must say that I LOVE the idea of "weapon slots." I loved it in "Kingdom Hearts" and I think it could work in Nerf. One slot allotted for a primary/decent sized shield, one slot for a secondary/1squareft hold-able shield/stampede shield (MUST be on a tac rail), and one slot for a ball blaster/arrow blaster/missle launcher.

#284756 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by HasreadCoC on 04 September 2010 - 01:31 PM in Modifications

- Update! -
Overall, i've found 15-16 Volts to be just right in terms of improved rate-of-fire, yet with smooth operation and virtually zero jams occuring, even when slightly bent or damaged darts are used. Therefore, i'd recommend using 15-16 Volts for reliable operation in modded Stampedes.

With that note... here is a Clip Reload & Test Fire video of a modded Nerf Stampede running on 15 Volts:

:lol:

Ok, here's a question that hopefully hasn't been asked yet, if that's 15 Volts, how many Volts is it at when the blaster is stock? I was wondering for reference so I could figure out the Volts increase to RoF increase pattern.

#284729 Mafia/ Shrub B-day War

Posted by HasreadCoC on 04 September 2010 - 07:34 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe (who would like to be a yes). I've been rather busy recently what with a job (first job is not bad at all actually) and other things, so I've not had the time to get around to working on a war-worthy primary, or get some weights to make darts. Even if I end up showing up with a lightly modded Hyperfire and some hotglue-only stefans I'd like to make it, if only just to experience my first "real" war (the most
I've been a part of before was 5 people + myself) and meet "superbunny" (*cough*mike*cough*) who I know from the nerf facebook page.

#284662 Gadget Freak Design Contest

Posted by HasreadCoC on 02 September 2010 - 11:24 PM in General Nerf

I had an idea for this once, seems like it would be far more helpful at an indoor war (like lasercraze wars) than any "claymore" or "mine," though a LOT more expensive than those choices

#284601 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by HasreadCoC on 02 September 2010 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

Could we get a video of you firing it with the Drum Mag? 36 darts firing that fast would be fun to watch.

#284502 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by HasreadCoC on 01 September 2010 - 02:33 PM in Homemades

I suggest "R.A.P.E. Bow," short for "Really A Pump Action Bow," or else "Really Awesome Pump Action Bow"?

Alphabetz. I know, it's hard.

Well, it would seem I have failed.
EDIT: just saw Ryan's post, shutting up now.....

#284499 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by HasreadCoC on 01 September 2010 - 01:36 PM in Homemades

If a name is still being debated over, might I suggest "R.A.P.E. Bow," short for "Really A Pump Action Bow,"
or else "Really Awesome Pump Action Bow"? Oh yeah, and then there's the part about what it does to all the poor little "chewrens" who get in it's way, either way I think the name would be a good fit.

#284158 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HasreadCoC on 27 August 2010 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

I am posting this for a friend, I take NO credit whatsoever

So, my friend Nerfan (NH account here: http://nerfhaven.com...showuser=39056) came up with this:

Posted Image

A hoppered fully functioning turret: It works! Because this was done on a Quadshot, the turret auto-rotates, giving you a huge supply of ammo without having a 5ft long hopper (banned at most wars), plus, this is cooler :lol:

Close-up of the connection point:

Posted Image

Looking down the center of the barrels:

Posted Image

He has also posted this on NRev (where he is also known as Nerfan). Since he has not yet been validated here on NH (which is strange since he joined 5 months ago, I thought the wait was 2 months?) he asked me to post it for him.

EDIT: He has now been validated.

Let me once again stress that I take NO credit for this, I'm not stealing his idea/pics, I'm just posting for him

#283866 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HasreadCoC on 23 August 2010 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

Ok, my first ever post, I am praying that the images show up correctly.

My Twinsanity (double furyfire):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Orange on one side, green on the other. Super comfy handle is super comfy and primes both blasters at the same time, needless to say, this thing shoots fast. I hope to do a writeup at some point (well, I hoped to do I writeup 3 months ago, but never had time) but for now these pictures should show about all you need to know.

Final notes: No hot glue was used, and you can remove the metal bars from the outside in order to open up just one blaster at a time if you wish, as opposed to having to open both at once. This mod is dedicated to Dev Nerfan, Martin, Mike, Alastair, Alex, Jared, Adam, Noah, and all you other awesome facebook Nerf regulars, you guys keep me doing what I'm doing.