CD-R's Content

There have been 99 items by CD-R (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#117010 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by CD-R on 24 July 2007 - 05:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Wait, I didn't wear anything at Deal...

Geez, man-- I don't even have to try when you set 'em up like this...

Neither did your mom last night? You're right, this is just too easy.

By making himself super vulnerable, has RAMBO some how made himself invincible?

#116016 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by CD-R on 16 July 2007 - 06:09 PM in Nerf Wars

That sounds fair.

#116011 Apoc 2007 (nj)

Posted by CD-R on 16 July 2007 - 05:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be coming with z80. Are there any restrictions on guns like at deal?

#115834 Closed

Posted by CD-R on 14 July 2007 - 09:58 PM in General Nerf

Only a few, mainly in my early days. Most just sort of wear out after about a year or more of heavy use. Anyway, whenever something does break, I just make a new part from an old dell tower case.

#113918 A Done Deal

Posted by CD-R on 30 June 2007 - 06:56 PM in Nerf Wars

don't have much time to post, but that was great.
That was the third war I've been to, and they just keep getting better, and better.

#113480 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by CD-R on 28 June 2007 - 11:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Thanks. So then it's actually Joe Palaia Park.

#113476 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by CD-R on 28 June 2007 - 11:26 AM in Nerf Wars

To avoid miscommunication, and noob bashing, I'm one of z80's three people. I was wondering if I could get some GPS coordinates (or the general area) of DEAL park; this way I could look it up on Google Earth. I looked around on Google Earth, and didn't find much. Is the actual name of the place "deal park", or something else? I found a nieghborhood named Deal Park, but I take it that we're not playing there.

#111776 Sf Problem

Posted by CD-R on 17 June 2007 - 09:14 PM in General Nerf

To answer the valve questions, here you go: click here.

#111337 Homemade Air Tank

Posted by CD-R on 14 June 2007 - 10:04 PM in Homemades

and i dont know the exact size, but it fits a nickle in it tightly

Please, just buy a PVC cap. They should be about 50 cents at your local hardware store; a fair price to pay for your safety. I tried to use a non-PVC part to cap an airtank once, and only once. I'm lucky that it blew off away from me. You may not be so lucky. Even the smallest airtank can hold a surprising amount of energy. This can not be stressed enough.

#110391 Petg Breach

Posted by CD-R on 10 June 2007 - 08:29 AM in Modifications

Actually, some PVC does fit around CPVC, but otherwise you can dremmel it out.
As for lengths of tubing, I will post an update in a few hours.

#110362 Petg Breach

Posted by CD-R on 09 June 2007 - 11:08 PM in Modifications

OK, so after hearing many questions and requests regarding a PETG breach, I decided to make one. This is my first sort of write-up, so feedback would be appreciated. I tried to be as specific as possible.
First off, here are the materials you will need:
Posted Image
PETG: about 6 inches of it
1/2" brass: 3/4 inch length
1/2" CPVC: About 3/4 inch length
1/2" PVC: about an one and a quarter inches
5/8" brass (with a slot cut into it): The slot is 1 and 3/4 inches long, and is cut about 13/16 inches from the end. The whole length is about 5 and 3/4 inches.
First, dremmel out the CPVC so that the 1/2" brass fits snuggly about 1/4" inside of it.
Posted Image
Next, Put a seal of teflon tape around the 1/2" brass.
Posted Image
Then, push the CPVC into the PVC all the way to the end of the PVC.
Posted Image
Then, push the 5/8" brass into the PVC so that it goes into the same end as the 1/2" brass is sticking out of.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Last, push the PETG in the breach, and it's ready for use. Use it for whatever you can think of, or maybe put a magazine/clip on it.
Posted Image
The breach works by having the PETG seal against the 1/2" brass in the back. The 5/8" brass is to hold the dart in place as the PETG bolt(?) is moved into place.

#110175 Forum Etiquette Question

Posted by CD-R on 08 June 2007 - 10:08 PM in Off Topic

Some one used my sig, but quoted me on it. I was more flattered than troubled. I saw it on science supply website anyway; so, it's not really mine.

#110166 Nerf War Etiquette

Posted by CD-R on 08 June 2007 - 09:30 PM in Nerf Wars

For our weekly saturday wars, this is an excerpt of our rules on gun hits:
"Blocking: Once a gun has been hit with a dart once, any hit thereafter made by the same player that shot the first hit counts as a direct hit to the player."
So basically, after the first gun hit, anything is fair game. After a person leaves the general battle area, they reset their amount of gun hits. Like all aspects of nerf, we play on an honor system. If it matters to some one so much that they win a nerf battle that they would lie to us, we would rather let them have that than argue for an hour.
That's how it goes down in our neck o' the woods. However, when we play standard 3/15, we play with gun hits counting as an out.

#109935 Freakin Maverick

Posted by CD-R on 07 June 2007 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

First off, I did not make up that quote on my signature, I saw it as a fake sign for sale on I science supply company website.
Back on topic, just drill a small hole through both sides of the plastic where the cocking bar was, then stick a bar of metal through the holes as a replacement. Try to make the replacement roughly the same size as the original, or else it will rub on the inside of the gun and get stuck if it's to thick, or bend in half if it's to thin. Personally, I cut a 1/8" thick nail to the right length and glue it in place (it's a little thick though).
EDIT: bobofan beat me to it.

#109653 Titan Ars

Posted by CD-R on 05 June 2007 - 08:42 PM in Modifications

you could probably fix the tubing by splicing in a new section.

#109652 2 At2ks And A Bbb

Posted by CD-R on 05 June 2007 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

How the heck do you use a splitfire?

Basically, I took the dead (really dead) splitfire, and glued the AT2K pump assembly to the front of the splitfire pump assembly. This way, the splitfire pump chamber also became an air tank. Then, I cut off the orange air tanks from the splitfire, and mounted two of those little barbed tubing couplers inside the yellow pipes on the inside of the splitfire. Lastly, I pushed the AT2K air tank tubes unto the barbed couplers. This way, the spltfire airtanks had been replaced with the AT2K airtanks.
If this sounds like complete gibberish, just say so, and I will post a picture of it.

#109613 2 At2ks And A Bbb

Posted by CD-R on 05 June 2007 - 05:17 PM in Modifications

Very nice job!
Looks like you beat me to the write-up on this. I tried basically the exact same thing, except I used the pump and check valves out of a dead splitfire. I can testify that this works very well.

#109180 Future Nerf War Crime

Posted by CD-R on 03 June 2007 - 02:37 PM in Homemades

Maybe you could do something similar to Captainslug's paintball tank configuration.

#108797 Future Nerf War Crime

Posted by CD-R on 01 June 2007 - 04:23 PM in Homemades

I think this is less of a nerf gun, and more of a potato cannon; not something to point at anyone else.

#108636 Replacement Springs

Posted by CD-R on 31 May 2007 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

I thought about the magnet thing when I was a newbie lurking on the forums. I think that it should work; however, In my experiences with high energy electronics and magnetics I have found that often the magnet will not move straight, but rather try to rotate and stick to the other magnet. So basically, when you release the plunger, instead of going straight down the tube due to repulsive forces, it could break the plunger shaft in half, spin around, and slam into the other magnet breaking both in half. Maybe you could play around with the polarization of the magnets to overcome this. For now, just give it a try. I think that it might work.

#108081 Nesting

Posted by CD-R on 28 May 2007 - 11:08 PM in Modifications

I was to lazy to make a write up on my "rifling method", but it did get the darts spinning due to spiraling grooves on the inside of the barrel. Unfortunately, there is no advantage to this, as it purely served to make my darts curve off in all strange directions. Basically, don't waste your time with it. There are many things you can work on that will improve your guns much more, and with much less work involved.

#108063 Nesting

Posted by CD-R on 28 May 2007 - 09:53 PM in Modifications

so, as a follow up question, would it be possible/feasable to rifle a barrel? That would give a lot more accuracy than a less snug barrel that the dart smacks around on would.

That has been extensively discussed (maybe too extensively). The general consensus was that it was not possible. You can use the search function to find the thread.

#108060 What Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by CD-R on 28 May 2007 - 09:47 PM in Off Topic

I play the cello.

#107721 Nerfers Near Me

Posted by CD-R on 26 May 2007 - 10:21 PM in General Nerf

My brother goes to RIT, and was inspired by me and my friends to have a Nerf game there. Unfortunately, they stopped having games, and have since left the hobby.

#107718 Kickback

Posted by CD-R on 26 May 2007 - 10:15 PM in Homemades

Standard double A batteries do not use acid. Only car batteries and some other large high powered batteries use a lead acid configuration. It is common misconception, but anyway, even though shooting "unusual" projectiles is fun, the chemicals inside batteries are toxic.
Back on topic, I do not think that it is practically possible to make a nerf gun with real kick back. The only toy gun that I have seen with considerate push back, is a CPS 3200 supersoaker. That thing was so powerful that on its highest setting, it could push against you with considerable force (back when I was in sixth grade, that is).

#107659 Water Gun Too Nerf Gun

Posted by CD-R on 26 May 2007 - 12:09 PM in Modifications

I made a sucessful conversion using an XP310, and yes, with most super soakers, a longer barrel is much better. If you're getting 65 feet with a Nightfinder barrel, than you should be able to get awesome ranges with a better material.

#107351 Best Possible Mods?

Posted by CD-R on 23 May 2007 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

Definitely, Maxshots are really good. I just modded mine yesterday.
For range however, I think that the national geographic thing is the best. Then again, with air tank expansions, anything is possible.

#107259 Mi-ni-mi, Please Reply!

Posted by CD-R on 23 May 2007 - 01:23 PM in Homemades

Wasn't sure if this merits its own topic, but OK. (If so, one of the admins can just move it. Or you can just tell me, and I'll move it myself)
Here is the plunger design I was trying to describe two days ago:
Get a small crappy little pump like this:
Posted Image
Rip the check valve off of the front of it, and put a spring on the inside after taking the back part off.
Posted Image
After that, put it back together and use it for whatever you want. The seal between the punger and the tube is really good. I don't know what to do with mine, but I'm sure you people could come up with something.

#107248 Clip Tek

Posted by CD-R on 23 May 2007 - 10:03 AM in General Nerf

Has anybody bought the gun yet?

#107151 How Did You Start?

Posted by CD-R on 22 May 2007 - 08:30 PM in General Nerf

Peer pressure. Hey man, everyone's doing it.
No seriously, Z80 and I got into Nerf the same way. I was at our clan's first game about a year and a half ago.

#107149 The Nasa-3k

Posted by CD-R on 22 May 2007 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

Very nice. It's absolutely ridiculous, but I could see it being used in a war.

#107142 Night Battle

Posted by CD-R on 22 May 2007 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

If you bring your own wepons dont bring stephons.

If we bring our own weapons? every body is going to bring their own weapons. Also, the vast majority of people use home made darts. Are you absolutely sure that home made darts not allowed?
With that said, using a paintball park sounds pretty cool. I will talk to the other members of our clan, but it sounds a little far away for us.

#107017 Mi-ni-mi, Please Reply!

Posted by CD-R on 21 May 2007 - 10:07 PM in Homemades

OK. I'll post the pics tomorrow when I have some free time, as well as provide a better explanation.

#107006 Mi-ni-mi, Please Reply!

Posted by CD-R on 21 May 2007 - 08:57 PM in Homemades

If you want an amazingly powerful plunger mechanism, then just rip the one way valve off the front of a basketball pump. After that, then take off the back of it, and place a spring on the inside. Next, put the back part on again and use it for whatever you can think of. The one that I experimented with had such a good seal, that you could block the air from coming out, and the handle would not move at all, even though there was a stock expand a blast spring trying to push it forwards.
If this post makes no sense due to a lack of pictures, or horrible use of commas, just tell me.

#106911 Ls Clip Mod For Faster Reloading

Posted by CD-R on 21 May 2007 - 02:34 PM in Modifications

I forgot if he needed spacers or not, but one of my friends did this by just gluing three magazines together. He had two facing up, and one facing down. So basically, instead of using PVC as a spacer, he used a third magazine facing downwards.

#106849 Your Greatest Moment

Posted by CD-R on 20 May 2007 - 10:27 PM in General Nerf

A few months ago I took on four people a once, and won. As I was grabbing the flag, the fifth guy snuck up behind me, and shot me in the back. However, about an hour after wards, I pulled something similar and sprinted a few hundred feet back to base, before I stumbled upon an enemy ambush. Needless to say, I was about thirty feet from getting back to base with the flag before I got shot about five times simultaneously.

#106800 Lcm War Today

Posted by CD-R on 20 May 2007 - 07:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome video. Normally I wouldn't post something so pointless, but this one's worth it.

#106793 Nerf Mines!

Posted by CD-R on 20 May 2007 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

I'm sure you could also trigger it with a trip wire (of course one that will break, not knock people over).
PS watch where you place any mines, so that only player set them off.

#106756 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by CD-R on 20 May 2007 - 04:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Must have missed the invite only part in the beginning of the thread. OK.

#106745 Deal War (new Jersey)

Posted by CD-R on 20 May 2007 - 03:27 PM in Nerf Wars

After missing LCM, I would like to come along with z80's bunch. That is, only if we get organized in time.
PS, as z80 posted, the thirtieth is best for us.