Hippopotamus's Content

There have been 51 items by Hippopotamus (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#270107 Baff #7

Posted by Hippopotamus on 23 March 2010 - 07:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there, I might be packing 2 guests this time around.

#269808 Baff #6

Posted by Hippopotamus on 21 March 2010 - 01:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Assault was crazy, my primary worked after all, and Hal was awesome, thanks everyone, I had a blast.

#269129 Doubled Recon With Twin Drums

Posted by Hippopotamus on 14 March 2010 - 01:48 PM in Modifications

Great work, at first site I thought you had simply slapped two recons together, but everything came out so nicely, and the raider is fantastic as well.

#268789 Barrel Pod Mass Production

Posted by Hippopotamus on 10 March 2010 - 07:30 PM in Homemades

Nice, I've seen people make say 5 other shells, but your setup could make a shotgunned blaster a very worthwhile primary, one question though: Have you thought of sandwiching the gaps in craft foam?

#268401 Zbigniew: An Overview

Posted by Hippopotamus on 07 March 2010 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

Hi folks, hippo here with an overview (not a writeup) posted on NHQ and FU that was requested by someone here, It has now been reworked quite a bit, but It served me quite well at BAFF 5, and will be seeing more action at BAFF 6. On a side note, I apologize to those who were expecting a writeup and just wanted to make that clear, enjoy:
Posted Image

Materials:
>1 Longshot
>PVC of preferred length
>1 Airzone arrow or similar material
>Hot Glue
>An extra catch spring
>1 NF spring
>1 NF plunger rod

Part 1, the Priming mech and springs:

Posted Image

Okay, I set this up like a classic springer, and since PVC can't fit in a Longshot's plunger tube, I had to make it a pullback. I slapped on a NF spring, and made appropriate reinforcements, as long as I don't prime it too fast, It doesn't go off.

Part 2, the barrel:

Posted Image

I'm a sucker for accuracy, so I decided to chamber my signature blaster with my ammo of choice, mega stefans. So with this in mind, it's dead accurate at close range, Nerf is a fast, close range sport, so accuracy is key. Sloppy minimization's on the front were made to accommodate the PVC's length.

Part 3, the seal and barrel connection:

Posted Image

Since PVC doesn't fit onto a longshot's plunger tube effectively, I sliced a hollow portion of an air zone arrow off, and used the piece to support the PVC, It worked quite nicely, I also padded the plunger tube.

Part 4, other aspects:

I wanted my signature blaster to be personal and unique, and after feeling a jolt of patriotism from my quarter of Polish-ness, I slapped a Polish flag on the side, and dubbed it the most outrageous and unpronounceable Polish/Slavic name I could think of: Zbigniew, those who attended BAFF 5 will saw this guy in CTF and Zombies, It was quite reliable.

#267751 Hitler Finds Out About The Nerf Longstrike And Deploy

Posted by Hippopotamus on 03 March 2010 - 12:39 AM in Off Topic

Fantastic, I love how it doesn't just ramble about reverse plungers, and nods to the NIC.

#266173 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by Hippopotamus on 20 February 2010 - 02:01 PM in Modifications

Excellent work rogue, I think the deploy might see more use than it's reverse plunger tube brothers, it's more compact, and seems much more user friendly, how would you rate the blaster for comfort and durability?

#266172 Air-powered Nerf Gun Maintenance

Posted by Hippopotamus on 20 February 2010 - 01:57 PM in General Nerf

Doom - Thanks for the link to that site. It looks like they have a lot of different sizes of latex tubing. I think my Powerclip bladders are in pretty good shape now, but at least I know that I can buy tubing to replace them.

Hippopotamus - Are you talking about the kind of liquid latex that is used for the grips on tools, such as the handles of pliers?

Liquid latex as in the kind that one would use to make molds, and can be bought as a powder.

#266119 Air-powered Nerf Gun Maintenance

Posted by Hippopotamus on 20 February 2010 - 12:59 AM in General Nerf

You could try carefully applying DIY latex/liquid latex to the tank, being careful not to get any on the pin or valve, but it should effectively seal most leaks around the body of the tank.

#265974 Re: Fury Fire Manta

Posted by Hippopotamus on 19 February 2010 - 01:18 AM in Modifications

Nice work, it looks very functional, one question: Is your double priming bar reinforced much? I've been wanting to get my hands on a furyfire for a while, but have been rather lazy thanks to my preoccupation on 40k.

#265932 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Hippopotamus on 18 February 2010 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

Hi folks, It's hippo here, and I'm gonna kick my membership off with some mods:

Posted Image

Here's my current primary, at this stage it was minimized, pullback, had a NF spring addition, and a PVC barrel chambered for mega's, it is now minimized further and sports a PVC coupler.

Posted Image

This is an older picture of my SupaSplat, which now features a paintjob, and sports a CPVC barrel. Since this image has been taken, it's range has degraded, but it served me well at BAFF 4 and 5.

Posted Image

This is my PPK'd diskshot, it now features a stubby CPVC barrel as opposed to the stock SupaSplat barrel it has in the image, it's pretty inaccurate, and has a NF spring added as well.

Posted Image

This has been passed on to my guest, who has used it at BAFF 4 and 5, it's crayola'd and sports a crude acrylic paintjob.