Crankymonky's Content

There have been 626 items by Crankymonky (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#235638 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Crankymonky on 11 June 2009 - 01:41 PM in General Nerf

The fourth podcast is now online, again.

Foamtalk Episode 4

Right click save as.

#235188 Supernova

Posted by Crankymonky on 09 June 2009 - 12:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Two, Normally I wouldn't post this here, but it's sort of relevant: If anyone who's going to be there has a NF plunger assembly that they are willing to sell, I'm willing to buy. I'm thinking of doing a Nite-Mav, and would rather avoid buying an entire NF just for that set of parts. If not, I'll figure it out.

Do you need the spring also? I think I have what you need, I'll send you a PM once I look.

Put THIRST as a maybe.

#233874 Nerf Crossbow Spring Constant

Posted by Crankymonky on 01 June 2009 - 11:05 PM in Off Topic

Really...I don't think any one on here would know that. I don't even know that and I'm taking Physics as well. I'd imagine it would have to be less than 0.25 Joules but thats just a shot in the dark.

Joules is not the unit for the spring constant.

It's
Newtons / meter
or
[unit of force] / [unit of length]

#231647 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by Crankymonky on 21 May 2009 - 02:25 AM in Modifications

Double barrel aside, this is a brilliant idea for coupler'd guns all around. Definitely gonna have to make my own design...

The fact that the barrel stays attached to the gun makes loading easier, since you have one hand totally free (not holding your coupler'd barrel). However, one thing you do have to get use to is that when running, if shaking the gun too much and the barrel comes partially up, it can lock into place. That is, the magnets are strong enough to close the hinge if you bring barrel part of the way up. Using weaker magnets might still allow it to be airtight while pulling the barrel in until it the hinge is fully closed.

#231443 Foam Ballistic Shield!

Posted by Crankymonky on 19 May 2009 - 11:52 PM in Homemades

Some of the potential rules that have been mentioned seem like they could be a lot of fun to include if you include shields, possibly limiting how many each team may use.

One thing that I would be concerned about is how much the shield resembles an actual ballistic shield. Generally things that resemble real firearms or things related to them shouldn't be used outdoors in a public park, where many nerf. Though you nerf in an office, which would make the shape of the shield fine.

#231404 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by Crankymonky on 19 May 2009 - 09:19 PM in Modifications

When considering the ranges, please note that the gun is not using just the stock spring.

It has a #53 ace spring and the stock spring in it. Will post the ranges it gets with one barrel tomorrow so you can compare the strength.

#230980 Cosmetics

Posted by Crankymonky on 18 May 2009 - 01:57 AM in General Nerf

A blaster isn't complete until I've filled in any holes in the shell and supported the barrel with masking tape. Glue is optional.

Contrary to what mystefansdontflystraight said, cleanly modded crossbows were quite rare until about 2005. Tape has always been the defining characteristic of a crossbow

While the above was my old belief, now I'm a fan of a clean mod that retains the guns stock design as much as possible. I rarely due paintjobs and only to the few guns I know I will consistently use.

#230408 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by Crankymonky on 15 May 2009 - 03:48 PM in Nerf Wars

And the weather suggests that we're rained out.

War off, see everyone on the 30th.

#230152 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by Crankymonky on 14 May 2009 - 02:17 PM in Nerf Wars

War this Saturday. Doom? Slug? Others?

#229937 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Crankymonky on 12 May 2009 - 10:25 PM in General Nerf

Right clicking and selecting save as on the download link isn't working for me. Any itps?

Try this link.

Episode 3

Right click, save as.

For everyone else, using the other link allows for stats to be accurately measured. So please use that one, for now at least.

#229301 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by Crankymonky on 10 May 2009 - 12:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, despite the terrible forecast, it was absolutely gorgeous. Damn weathermen.

May 16th, 10AM, same spot. First post updated. Please post if you will be in attendance.

#228971 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by Crankymonky on 08 May 2009 - 10:27 AM in Nerf Wars

Unfortunately, the weather report has only gotten worse, and we should expect to see Thunderstorms all day.

As such, we'll postpone a week. Can anyone make it next week?

See you at DCNO, Groove. Sorry 'bout this.

#228768 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by Crankymonky on 07 May 2009 - 10:38 AM in Nerf Wars

If the forecast says still scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, do you guys want to go for it or postpone a week?

#228422 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by Crankymonky on 05 May 2009 - 09:09 PM in Nerf Wars

We will nerf unless there is thunder or a downpoor.

I'll provide an update as to whether the war will be cancelled as a more accurate weather forecast becomes available. This will be Thursday and could change as late as Friday, unfortunately.

#227648 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Crankymonky on 02 May 2009 - 11:48 AM in General Nerf

Is the general consensus that this one ran too long with too many off-topic "jokes," and that it would be improved by cutting some of it? If so, I will be putting up a revised version up shortly. If you have recommendations for segments that should be cut, please list them.

Bustaninja, I like the funny hat.

#227576 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Crankymonky on 01 May 2009 - 10:19 PM in General Nerf

Episode two is finished.

Here

To save it, right click - Save as or Download link target, depending on your web browser.
To stream, left click.

#226765 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Crankymonky on 27 April 2009 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

These will now be hosted elsewhere.

Episode 1

#226714 East Coast Nerf Wars

Posted by Crankymonky on 27 April 2009 - 09:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I assume you are from New York, based on your username.

May I suggest you look into the very active nerf group in New Jersey, you can view the pinned thread "2009 War schedule" that was previously linked.

#225763 Nerf Irc Room

Posted by Crankymonky on 25 April 2009 - 02:07 PM in Off Topic

Try connecting to irc.darkmyst.org or irc2.darkmyst.org

If that doesn't work, a few IP addresses to try:
80.190.246.162 or 216.25.44.2

But I would start with irc.darkmyst.org

Also check to make sure your phone's IRC client works on another server, such as Freenode.

If you need a port, the port is 6667.

#225175 Gehenna In Dekalb

Posted by Crankymonky on 22 April 2009 - 09:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I find your war title offensive and belittling to certain religious beliefs.

#225171 Suave-athon In Dc 2005

Posted by Crankymonky on 22 April 2009 - 09:20 PM in Nerf Wars

BUMP 12 characters

#225167 Titan Hand-cannon Minimization With Cool Barrel

Posted by Crankymonky on 22 April 2009 - 09:13 PM in Modifications

I normally hate any and all titan mods, but this is pretty "handy" as they say. Props. Did you do anything to plate up the back from the gaping hole(no homo)?

I rear load my crossbow everytime(no homo).

#225060 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Crankymonky on 22 April 2009 - 05:14 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Crankymonky showing off Zero darts. I know for sure that i've seen Zeros used.

Groove, I mention that low attendance was a reason for a poor 2 day DCNO. I guess I forgot that it was caused by last minute cancellations.

#224939 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Crankymonky on 21 April 2009 - 09:59 PM in General Nerf

I like it. It would be better with a bit more editing, but hey, what wouldn't?

I understand the crack at me, and in all fairness, it was immature, without class, and whatnot, but really. I'm gonna call you guys out. You raved about not being immature and whatnot, but yet did nearly the same thing, in honestly a more rude fashion. I mean really... I wasn't hurting anyone, but you believe personal attacks on my character are necessary... Come on.

I was clearly being sarcastic and did not intend to take a crack at your character. Anything I may have said that could be seen as derogatory toward you regarding that post could have easily been applied to myself as well since I made a nearly identical post.

Sorry if you found it offensive, was just making a little joke about the joke you made about my joke.

And no, that isn't ambiguous at all.

I hope you accept my apology and acknowledge my jestful tone.

#224917 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Crankymonky on 21 April 2009 - 09:06 PM in General Nerf

^Doing stuff like that is just going to get you flamed dude.^

^Doing stuff like that is just going to get you flamed dude.^

#224746 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Crankymonky on 21 April 2009 - 02:22 PM in General Nerf

Those were youtube comments.

#224687 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Crankymonky on 21 April 2009 - 02:13 AM in General Nerf

I think we had a solid pilot episode that highlighted the needs for technical changes, which will be instated for the next episode. Now hearing people's feedback is the best way to improve for next time.

We've considered doing "Live" show where there will be a method for "calling in." However, likely there would probably be editing at the end.

#224648 Firefly Intergration

Posted by Crankymonky on 20 April 2009 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

You should also consider attending the DC tune up war and SuperNoVA.

Very clean mod, I like it a lot.

(Post in the war threads)

#224511 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by Crankymonky on 20 April 2009 - 12:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Like most of us, I've been looking forward to this release for a while. Version 0.7.2 of I2P is a significant release marked not only by the performance improvements, but a few key decisions in structure. I think the choice to limit the number of tunnels one user can participate in was an ingenious one. Not only did it improve performance, but it lowers the risk users take in being exposed to endeavors they wouldn't wish to be exposed in. More standard services are supported.

I think that as the start of a development cycle, there could be no better place to be.

#224504 The Snapbow Mk. 4

Posted by Crankymonky on 20 April 2009 - 12:17 AM in Homemades

Could you have resurrected my thread for a less significant, poorly worded question? If you're talking about the end bushing, then the answer is yes. ~R

Do you think I could have?

Post count +1.

#224503 Valhalla

Posted by Crankymonky on 20 April 2009 - 12:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this one.

Post Count +1.

#224411 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by Crankymonky on 19 April 2009 - 05:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Date Change: The date is now May 9th, due to the low attendance on May 2nd.

I'm up for nerfing next weekend Wes, not sure how many people we can gather on a one week notice. I can probably get 2 or 3 including myself, anyone else? If not, no nerf next weekend.

#223986 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by Crankymonky on 16 April 2009 - 04:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Also, if we move the date forward or back a week, would that effect anyone's participation? I.e. Make them come.

#223943 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by Crankymonky on 16 April 2009 - 12:43 PM in Nerf Wars

War in a few weeks, if we could get confirmation on who will be coming. What number should we consider the needed "critical mass"

#223645 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Crankymonky on 14 April 2009 - 06:12 PM in General Nerf

I'd really like to help, but unfortunately, I am only 12 years old.

#222380 The Messiah

Posted by Crankymonky on 08 April 2009 - 02:37 PM in Modifications

Please don't use ice's name in vain.

It's offensive

#222285 My Brute

Posted by Crankymonky on 07 April 2009 - 08:33 PM in Off Topic

Crankymonky's Brute

I've requested to join the clan.

#221366 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by Crankymonky on 02 April 2009 - 11:14 PM in Homemades

hey i dont want to sound like an idiot but was the whole point of this mod to make a snap(or any homemade gun) or a really strong crossbow? it seems like it will be extremely durable but does the crossbow shell add anything to it?

The crossbow shell is oft considered the epitome of Nerf ergonomics.

The advantage to using a crossbow shell is that it is extremely well designed, comfortable, a good size, easy to aim, and not bulky.

#221036 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by Crankymonky on 01 April 2009 - 02:02 PM in Nerf Wars

The DC Tune-up will be on May 2nd, 2009.
Does anyone have any parks to test? Or should we stick to the Labyrinth?

#220620 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Crankymonky on 29 March 2009 - 10:47 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.
Looking for carpool from DC area.