Crankymonky's Content

There have been 626 items by Crankymonky (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#25713 East Coast War

Posted by Crankymonky on 08 May 2004 - 08:38 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll bake you a cake if I come. Or brownies, don't worry they'll be clean, you can trust me. Also 2k hits. That is if I come. Talio, how about a small bungee cord and we stretch it like no other :angry: My at2k can shatter the lens of a pair of cheap sunglasses, so that is a no-no. I might have to stop using it in our wars, unless we get more goggles. Arsoftatlanta has some nice goggles.

Crankymonky

#25482 East Coast War

Posted by Crankymonky on 03 May 2004 - 08:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I understand about the fun for all setting.

Crankymonky

#25477 East Coast War

Posted by Crankymonky on 03 May 2004 - 07:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Thirst and I are still a maybe...Just maybe. If we come I hope everyone has goggles.
Talio, what was this guys reaction after you explained the NIC to him.

Crankymonky

#25217 Who Hunts?

Posted by Crankymonky on 30 April 2004 - 07:43 AM in Off Topic

I hunt peasent

Its the aristocracy like you that caused the french revolution. Ya I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities. Burn the chateau!
I know some people who hunt. It seems like it would be fun. But I'm 15 living in suburbia.

Crankymonky

#25135 Political Debate

Posted by Crankymonky on 29 April 2004 - 02:03 PM in Off Topic

Vintage a lot of those morals you mentioned were heavily based on Christianity. Who remembers prohibition? Bush is basing his legislation on his religion.

Well, I watched that "Winter Soldier" video and was surprised. First there were a few spelling mistakes. Also it was obvious some pictures were faked, such as the one where the soldier is killing civilians in a city. His hand is not even on the trigger. <--bad photoshop. Also the people of N. Vietnam were great supporters of Ho Chi Minh, since he broke up large estates and gave land to peasants, etc. People did not love communism but their leader. This caused the creation of the Vietcong of S. Vietnam. Also in S. Vietnam (who US was fighting for) people were shot in public if accused of being Vietcong. Communism proved to perform well in N. Vietnam vs. the miltary dictatorship of S. Vietnam. We believed that if Diem's regime was anti-communism the people would support democracy. In the flash film "Winter Soldier" they mentioned Kerry's acts of War crimes. The US soldier's were instructed to burn villages/kill people in order to prevent geurilla warfare. Geurilla soldiers were disguised as normal people, requiring burning villages that were just captured to be destroyed. Also Kerry DID get out of Vietnam early...After 3 purple hearts I believe. Also the video describes this group, which i have never heard of, as unpatriotic. While, there were many anti-war citizens, with similar views to them. These people were generally the teen-30 year old.
Also people found it unamerican to go die in war, yet not be able to vote. I hope I haven't left our anything on my Vietnam subject. Is it not amazing how saying something can make a group seem like an extremist anti-US group. Also check the truth of a source.

Crankymonky

Edit: Also I couldn't find a bibliography for the stopjohn site
Edit2: Also they mentioned the upside down US flag in a protest. That simply means the country is in distress. The protest was referring to the situation in Vietnam, in which we believed we could win in a shortr period of time. Also the public was lied to about the success of the US to some extent. Post if you would like to know, otherwise I'm not posting it, until i start reviewing for my Vietnam test. It's amazing this is a good study session for Vietnam.
Edit3:rearranged the order to sperate Vietnam things from other.

#25092 Cicadas

Posted by Crankymonky on 28 April 2004 - 08:12 PM in Off Topic

As taken from Talio away message and kind of changed:
(DC) Nerfers, the time is now!
At DCN's war on Friday we must all ally to kill the damn bugs.

Crankymonky

#24904 Got Punk?

Posted by Crankymonky on 26 April 2004 - 05:19 PM in Off Topic

Their entire last album was more or less about Bush... so hard to choose one song.

Ya. I hope we all saw the clown Bush...
Wow that looks like a good compilation. So many previously unrelased titles. $6...almost as good a deal as local albums.
Crankymonky

#24885 Happy Birthday

Posted by Crankymonky on 26 April 2004 - 02:59 PM in Off Topic

I can't wait for that big cheese cake! Freckles likes it. Do your homework.
Happy Birthday 'lil Bro. Why don't I just tell him this in person you all say...why for the impact.

Crankymonky

#24824 Nerf Grenades

Posted by Crankymonky on 25 April 2004 - 05:02 PM in Homemades

Ok. First, please correct your capitalization. Secondly, how a spring gun works is it pushes the plunger forward causing a burst of air, which pushes the dart through the barrel. In every nerf made spring gun I have seen air powers the dart. I believe there is some crap another company made with the spring as the physical force. No I have never seen it, but I'm sure it has been made.

Crankymonky

P.S. It took me like 10 minutes trying to figure out how to spell sure...Shure...shur...shoure...

#24262 Nerf Homemade Automatic

Posted by Crankymonky on 14 April 2004 - 07:40 PM in Homemades

Brass is usually gotten at hobby shops. Also Ace hardware carries brace i do believe. I get mine at a small harware store called Stosniders. Call around a bit. Also I recomend getting a NF to mod as a first gun. I haven't modded one, yet they are inexpensive, available, and appear pretty simple to mod.

Crankymonky

#24197 Dcn New Clan

Posted by Crankymonky on 13 April 2004 - 07:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Ya. Or you could Pm us. I can also read e-mail!

Crankymonky

#24030 Rappeling

Posted by Crankymonky on 11 April 2004 - 10:33 PM in General Nerf

I use to rock climb, and a rope which is safe for using is probably gonna cost you $75-$150 (not sure exact prices)
Also I'm not sure I would trust a desk to support me and I definatley wouldn't leave my life in the hands of a desk. (pun intended)

#23891 Thirst's New Site

Posted by Crankymonky on 09 April 2004 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

Ok. After like 4 hosts, its on brinkster. I just finished uploading. Please make suggestions.

http://www14.brinkster.com/thirst13

Crankymonky

#23887 Inner Tubed Clip Modded Rf20

Posted by Crankymonky on 09 April 2004 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

FInally. After going through like 4 hosts, we have decided upon brinkster. Hopefully bandwidth is not a problem. Here is a link the the RF20 section

http://www14.brinkst...irst13/rf20.htm

And the whole site.

the whole shebang

Crankymonky

#22029 Mp3s

Posted by Crankymonky on 22 March 2004 - 03:05 PM in Off Topic

WMA is so much better than MP3. I use mp3/wma cdplayer. Can use those disks in school pcs. Biatch

#22028 Virginia Nerfers?

Posted by Crankymonky on 22 March 2004 - 03:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Me Stevo and Thirst and our friends all live in MD. Rockville/potomac area. Not far from Richmond

#21645 I Hate St.patrik

Posted by Crankymonky on 18 March 2004 - 07:31 PM in Off Topic

How is what sharp said worth banning? It is partially on topic. Sorry for going off topic. (pun...kind of)

#21571 I Hate St.patrik

Posted by Crankymonky on 17 March 2004 - 08:51 PM in Off Topic

Hmmm. Its an excuse to get drunk(I do not condone underage drinking). On St. Patricks were all Irish. Green Beer.

#20103 Ttg,lnl,nf Comparison

Posted by Crankymonky on 27 February 2004 - 10:02 PM in General Nerf

Oops My spacing was wrong ill try and edit it but a better version will be put on Thirst and my site (will have new adress)

#20096 Sick Nades

Posted by Crankymonky on 27 February 2004 - 08:54 PM in Homemades

i assume by parts and farts you mean moles?
1 mole saltpeter is not the same weight as 1 mole what ever other material you are using. There are conversions you hafta do. First convert to grams, find ratio which materials combine (6/4) or (4/6) depending on how you do it. Then convert back to grams. You need stoichiometry (go CHEM) and to add up atomic masses. If you wann do this (not good idea) you might want to calculate it. Dont forget about your limiting reactants. Sucks to be you when you have saltpeter as an excess reactant (its explosive) Oh ya also it needs something to react in (unsure what this is maybe air maybe water you might want to check that out) Is your smoke bomb worth doing all this?

This activity is not condoned by the Crankymonky School Board of Chemistry in Nerf.
Wow. Chem actually taught me something to be useful like that above.

#20091 Ttg,lnl,nf Comparison

Posted by Crankymonky on 27 February 2004 - 08:33 PM in General Nerf

Well its done

The Spring Pistol Comparison

Gun NF(Brass) LnL(Brass) TTG(Brass) NF(CPVC) LnL(CPVC) NF(PETG)
Range 65________52.1_______51______65________60_________52

Now for those awsome guns with far superior ranges(i.e custom mod jobs or freaks of nature)

Gun LnL_____________TTG
Modder Chrysophylax_____ Thirst
Mod Brass Breech_____CPVC breech
Range 79______________85

All pieces of info are in feet. even though these guns averagely get the same, they have different velocities(barely)

TTG wins for greatest range with Thirst's CPVC breech.
LnL has second longest range with Chrysophylax's brass breech.
Nf has highest overall range

All brass mods are nested except Chrysophylax's (forget what he did in detail)
Credit for data custom gun data from owner, nf brass measured myself, lnl and ttg brass were taken from rag's mod. Forgot who i got cpvc nf and cpvc Lnl from
PETG NF were from cx's mod

Tell me if you would want something like this with another set of guns and include a list.

Crankymonky

#19672 Ttg,lnl,nf Comparison

Posted by Crankymonky on 23 February 2004 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

Will work on table comparing them with mine, my bros(THIRST) and other mods I find well documented. No ROF thing.
Damn this could take a couple of hours.

#19655 Ttg,lnl,nf Comparison

Posted by Crankymonky on 23 February 2004 - 07:06 PM in General Nerf

I was wondering if any one could compare accuracy, range, and rof of these guns with a multiple of barrels(nested brass, cpvc, pex?, crayola, any breaches)?

Crankymonky

#17749 2004 Nerf Lineup

Posted by Crankymonky on 31 January 2004 - 07:28 PM in General Nerf

DVD sounds like a cool idea. How does it register the shots on a tv screen?
Can it work with any gun?

#15902 I Need Help

Posted by Crankymonky on 06 January 2004 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

dude,
just cuz I nerf doesn't mean I am out of shape. I run XC, wrestle, and play lax. O ya what did you do on New Years? Now please don't waste our time by making me flame ya. I have finals to study for. O and gl on finals for anyone taking them. finals at 25%=AAC.
hint:We know were u live.
hint:I don't feel like reposting to flame you more
hint:I kill people when I am angry
hint:I hope this isn't a dead topic so I get flamed(my bro showed me this topic and it never gets old)

#11838 Forum Contest!

Posted by Crankymonky on 24 October 2003 - 05:18 PM in Modifications

I believe that Lech's thing is vastly overated: comeon a 2k on a mshot that looks nice, that isn't even a new idea. Also he shouldn't get first since he is a cocky, arrogant nerf modder. Also I think Thirst's things kickass. Yet the pictures just don't do them justice (I saw them all)