Y-Brik's Content

There have been 145 items by Y-Brik (Search limited from 04-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#307054 Nerf Quick-16 Mod

Posted by Y-Brik on 06 November 2011 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

I know but not really

The springs are extremely similar, but as I recall the PT is a hair thicker- I could fit a Louie-made RFSG spring on but barely, and ultimately had to put the original back in.

#307074 Quick public question: Vortex or N-Strike?

Posted by Y-Brik on 07 November 2011 - 08:58 AM in General Nerf

I'll probably be flamed for this, but here goes:

Which series of gun would you shoot, Vortex or N-Strike?

I personally like N-Strike better, not because of the distance (which usually sucks) but because of the modularity of all of them (barrels can be swapped, scopes/lights can be added) and their guns are more modern (Recon looks like an M4A1, Element looks like a USP, etc.). How about you guys; Vortex or N-Strike?

Hell yeah, I love the tacticoolness of adding blades to my Recon and making them look like M4s! Hooray for milsim!
/end sarcasm

Just a tip, this community abhors the "This toy looks like this thing-cops-shoot-at" attitude to Nerf.
Almost as much as they hate "which is better" threads.

People here are likely to prefer NStrike because they use conventional ammo, are more well-known, and have more modding options.

#307329 Simple Side-by-Side Jolts

Posted by Y-Brik on 13 November 2011 - 11:33 PM in Modifications

I used a nail with the head cut off slipped across the priming handles.
Something linking the triggers might fix that issue and be pretty cool.

Try disabling one of the triggers- keep it constantly pulled back (zip-tie) or clear off the catch notch (the 'nail'). If the priming bars are linked, one catch may just be enough.

#307345 The recon blast bazooka

Posted by Y-Brik on 14 November 2011 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

Dear god, never shoot those rounds at people- is that a nail??

#308331 Pimp Your JOLT - Share Your Tips

Posted by Y-Brik on 16 December 2011 - 01:18 AM in Modifications

Sorry for the n00b question but, does anyone know if a Jolt can handle a [k26]?
I've read that an ace #62 will destroy it but I don't know if a [k26] will.

As I recall, a [k26] will not fit. The included spring is already surprisingly strong, chances are decent a Jolt could handle a spring of that strength.

#309630 Nerf Vulcan

Posted by Y-Brik on 17 January 2012 - 10:40 AM in General Nerf

I really can't wait anymore to get this big fat gun out of the box but until I got confirmation that my model of the Vulcan is not inferior to any existing model I won't open the box.......

1. Where did you hear these claims? If it's anything like the umpteen other guns with several generations (LS, Recon, NF), then the range and power difference is something like a foot or less (read-no difference).
2. You have a stock Vulcan and you're afraid of inferior blasters....yeah.
3. Your link is not loading. If it's a picture, upload it to a photo sharing site and embed it with the appropriate tags.

tl/dr: This is a non-issue: play with your toy! If you see major issues, you can consider modding it or, you know, getting a nerf gun that's actually reliable and powerful.

#312271 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Y-Brik on 02 March 2012 - 06:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Ooh, goody, I've been itching to shoot someone. I'm in, but low on darts. I assume we'll be using standard outdoor primaries?

#312689 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Y-Brik on 10 March 2012 - 09:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay! It was awesome to get nerfing this year- now on to the obligatory pros and cons

+ Mod party
+ Meeting cool nerfers
+ Meeting nerfers under 13 who were cool (It happens people!)
+ My primaries not breaking
+ Enough darts to go around despite my shameless mooching
+ Getting great stuff in trade/sales
+ Good rounds (Zombies, team deathmatch)
+ Pink darts
+ Great location

- Pattycake
- Hummer getting shot to hell in zombies
- Technology
- Location was a home- different than a field!
- Will the real host please stand up?

All in all a great time, looking forward to INO 2

#312695 Habitat for Humanity

Posted by Y-Brik on 10 March 2012 - 10:24 PM in Off Topic

Pay for it yourself.

Good to know the Internet hasn't changed

Louie- This is a great thing you're doing, you have my respect and prayers. I do think, however, that going to IN is a bit unnecessary- there's plenty of places locally that need the help just as much (chicago- nuff said) while redirecting funds from gas to...you know...helping people. I hope your school will consider that on its next trip.

#312703 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Y-Brik on 11 March 2012 - 08:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Thanks! And you left your ball valve, I can hold it for you, unless you would like me to ship it.

I knew I was gonna forget something!
As long as it's not attached to clear pvc, it'd be cheaper for me to just grab a new one. If it's just the valve, you can have it.

#312711 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Y-Brik on 11 March 2012 - 01:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Yah, it's just the valve, you let my dad borrow it for Zombies.

Then consider it a bribe to host another war

#313397 VANS Are Not Slugs

Posted by Y-Brik on 23 March 2012 - 11:47 AM in Darts and Barrels

I'm guessing not, but the felt is to allow the darts to feed in a hopper.

#314417 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Y-Brik on 15 April 2012 - 09:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Aww yeeah! I'm in!

#314857 Rifled stefans

Posted by Y-Brik on 27 April 2012 - 12:11 PM in General Nerf

Cool story bro
Seriously, this will destroy your dart/barrel seal and short of building a special jig (we're playing "I believe in rifling darts" now), there's no way you can keep the spirals consistent from dart to dart.

#314958 JSPB DYNE-2012

Posted by Y-Brik on 29 April 2012 - 01:35 PM in Homemades

That. Is. Sexy.
I've been meaning to build a mad ghost for awhile now, glad I hadn't started yet. I detect a summer project!

#318133 Retaliator/Recon Pump Grip (write up included)

Posted by Y-Brik on 07 July 2012 - 12:33 PM in Modifications

If you have a spare Recon shell (and who doesn't with the PTs breaking all the time), this method works out well. Use coathanger wire to link the slides, and a tac rail bracket to affix the pump to the barrel
Posted Image
More pix here

#319067 Retaliator/Recon Pump Grip (write up included)

Posted by Y-Brik on 23 July 2012 - 11:44 PM in Modifications

That is awesome. I like how compact it still is, and how it has the light and red dot. It makes the alpha troop look kind of useless at that point.

Close, but there's also something to be said for original design. Jams did occur, I ended up selling this and getting a Raider when I realized that's what I was basically building (The AT wasn't out yet, and quite frankly I hate the ergonomics of it)

Perfect? No. Useful and fun? Definitely.

#320662 Hey Guys, iNerfHaven Dev Here UPDATED ANDROID VERSION TO BETA 4

Posted by Y-Brik on 19 August 2012 - 12:05 AM in General Nerf

1.Your image link is broken
2.All the cool nerds use Android

EDIT:
1: pix work now, redacted
2: Develop for whatever you like, and props for actually putting the effort in. If/when you get an Android port, I will gladly try it. Regardless of which OS is overhyped into a religion.

#321058 "Freehand" Molded Silicone Domes

Posted by Y-Brik on 26 August 2012 - 02:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

How do you recommend drilling the dome molds? Is there a specific bit for it?

#323377 Question about lubricant

Posted by Y-Brik on 07 November 2012 - 11:48 PM in Modifications

Been using this stuff for years, it's fantastic. I got mine at Miller Industrial (Similar to, but not an ACE). I've used it on plungers, triggers, even a sticky door hinge.

#324287 Simple S.S. AS-1 mod

Posted by Y-Brik on 09 December 2012 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

Nice writeup, but a lot of this has been covered here before. Look for CPVC barrel replacement mods.
Also, why did you remove the shell if all your mods were done to the (exposed) barrel?

#324859 Dremel Recommendations

Posted by Y-Brik on 28 December 2012 - 11:58 PM in Modifications

I use This One, which I got at Target for ~$30. It's served me well for years. Totally compatible with all Dremel brand stuff.

#328489 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 02 April 2013 - 08:40 AM in Homemades

Gave my old and busted +Bow some love over Spring Break
Posted Image

That's 2"x1/8" aluminum strapping from Depot, cost me $8. And will never break.
Also, wood stock!
Posted Image

#339035 TR-27 GRYPHON - CR-18 Rapidstrike Mod

Posted by Y-Brik on 19 May 2014 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

This is fantastic, you're making my RS jealous for an upgrade!
A few observations/suggestions:
-Have you considered making the code interrupt-driven? It may be neater code, and save battery. Basically, instead of polling all the I/0 all the time, the arduino will "notice something has changed" and run the appropriate code.

-For user IO, I really like that OLED display, maybe integrated into the cheek rest if there isn't enough room where you have your ammo counter. I may be hitting the garage sale myself when the paycheck hits!

-If you go with the OLED display, consider a tactile 5-way switch for your input, accessible by the right index finger. Imagine tweaking firing control and other settings from there- and it's more discrete than the rocker switch. You may want to use your voltage divider trick there too, or give in and grab a shift register.

EDIT: More info on interrupts

#339060 TR-27 GRYPHON - CR-18 Rapidstrike Mod

Posted by Y-Brik on 20 May 2014 - 12:56 PM in Modifications

I'd love to find a nice 3 position rotary switch what I could mount in such a way you can operate it with your right thumb, like the M16.

Like this one?
Or this one?