MindWarrior's Content

There have been 105 items by MindWarrior (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#268393 Pvat-piston Valve Air Tank

Posted by MindWarrior on 07 March 2010 - 07:18 PM in Homemades

Probably, he said he could pump more, but the tank started leaking. Anyways, thats really cool, too bad its probably gonna be banned at most wars, safety first I guess.

@Fome Actuallly it was not plugged. Thanks.

@MindWarrior The thing is this model right here doesn't shoot father than a 4B. I could even make a short one with 3/4" PVC that would should less far than an at2k. I could also put an oprv on it. So depending on the setup, it either could or could not be banned. That's what is so great about it.

If the hornet pump is unplugged, then that means that this could be war legal, it could regulate the power easily.

#268384 Pvat-piston Valve Air Tank

Posted by MindWarrior on 07 March 2010 - 07:06 PM in Homemades

Absolutely amazing work.

Edit: was the hornet pump plugged to get those ranges?

Probably, he said he could pump more, but the tank started leaking. Anyways, thats really cool, too bad its probably gonna be banned at most wars, safety first I guess.

#268300 Snapbow Mk. V

Posted by MindWarrior on 07 March 2010 - 12:12 AM in Homemades

Adding another 1 1/4" rubber washer should prevent folding, also, drilling holes at the end of the plunger shaft allows air to come in behind the Plunger rod to prevent vacuuming behind it. Hope that helps.

#268230 Snapbow Mk. V

Posted by MindWarrior on 06 March 2010 - 10:26 AM in Homemades

I think he just used hotglue and goop like he did for the stock.

#268187 Snapbow Mk. V

Posted by MindWarrior on 05 March 2010 - 10:25 PM in Homemades

Holy crap, That is cool, simple and cheap to add, are you planning on using the intergration brackets for anything in particular?

#268172 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by MindWarrior on 05 March 2010 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Have you tried amazon?
Zap a gap

#268170 Salem State Nerf Game

Posted by MindWarrior on 05 March 2010 - 07:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Bah, its a no no for moi.

#268089 Snapbow Mk. V

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 March 2010 - 11:21 PM in Homemades

Are the ranges comparable to a +bow? I'm guessing withing a 1o ft difference

#267872 Straw <-dart Possibility?

Posted by MindWarrior on 03 March 2010 - 05:30 PM in Modifications

Air flow, it restricts the airflow.

#267820 Snapbow Mk. V

Posted by MindWarrior on 03 March 2010 - 02:57 PM in Homemades

How much does this cost, and how much more does it cost to make a more?

#267733 Hitler Finds Out About The Nerf Longstrike And Deploy

Posted by MindWarrior on 02 March 2010 - 11:36 PM in Off Topic

Love it.

#267564 Can I Get Advice On Blast Bazooka Barrel Replacement?

Posted by MindWarrior on 02 March 2010 - 03:51 AM in Modifications

9/16th Brass won't fit stock nerf micro darts unless your talking streamlines. 9/16th Brass is however, very good for micro stefans. It should have a loose fit on your darts for airguns like the Blast bazooka, I recommend 1 foot as length sheathed in 1/2 PVC to prevent dents in the barrel.

Edit: Streamlines could work for you, I recommend just blowing darts down the barrel to load.
Double edit: To improve streamlines, cut off the rubber and leave a flat piece on the top, and simply apply a dome of hotglue.

#267509 Auto Vacuum Loading Tagger Gun

Posted by MindWarrior on 01 March 2010 - 07:04 PM in Homemades

I'm surprised nobody has commented yet. I really like this, and how it employs simple concepts together to make this. Ingeniou yet simple. Looking forward to building one of these!

#267050 Salem State Nerf Game

Posted by MindWarrior on 26 February 2010 - 04:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Get me down as a maybe.

#266343 Simple, Cheap And Effective Dart Mitre Box

Posted by MindWarrior on 21 February 2010 - 05:25 PM in Homemades

@AgentMoe64: Thanks!

@flipoffacliff: Good Idea.

#266262 Simple, Cheap And Effective Dart Mitre Box

Posted by MindWarrior on 21 February 2010 - 12:06 AM in Homemades

My blade is virtually the same as the blade from a box cutter. But thanks!

#266260 Simple, Cheap And Effective Dart Mitre Box

Posted by MindWarrior on 20 February 2010 - 11:55 PM in Homemades

Dart cutting by hand to me, is VERY tedious and I can never get a decent enough cut for a nice stefan. So I made a simple dart Mitre box to help my cuts, and it makes my blanks VERY straight.

Materials
From the following picture:
Posted Image
You'll need:
1. A glue gun
2. Some flat, hard, plate or surface, I used a CD case
3. A box cutter blade
4. Two segments of your airgun barrel material cut to the size you want your darts, make sure that they have straight, right angle cuts. I used Schedule 80 cpvc I had lying around, which has a VERY loose fit on my darts, and cut them to 1.5' and 1' segments. You can easily use OMC petg if you wish.

Construction

STEP 1

First, take your blade and slip it so it goes about 6/8ths in between the two CPVC segments as shown:
Posted Image
With the little bit of CPVC that does not have the blade covering, you can use to allign and straighten the two barrel pieces.

STEP 2

While tightly holding the two pieces of CPVC with your fingers, making sure not to off center the barrels, hot glue the bottom of the CPVC barrels and press it tightly on the plate or surface your using:
Posted Image
Ignore the cuts on the CPVC, I took this picture after I was done. You should waight, 10-15 seconds before letting go, this will let the hotglue expand the distance of the CPVC slightly, allowing very little wiggle room for the blade for a smoother cut. BTW, it LOOKS like theres a lot of space between the blade and barrel stub, but there isn't, I was pretty sloppy using a table saw and got some of the edges off the CPVC, but the barrels are still cut with a perfect 90 degree angle.

STEP 3
Now draw a cutting guide on your CPVC like so:
Posted Image

and use it as a guide for your dremel to get this:
Posted Image

And your done!

How to use:

Its actually pretty simple, just slip the foam through the opening until its flush with one end of your mitre box. The place one finger on each opening, on top of the foam, and lightly stretch it to help straighten the foam. Then, Place your blade on the slit, and cut!
Posted Image
I've learned that minimizing the amount of swipes for each cut should be minimized to two quick swipes to ensure a perfect cut.

At first when I first cut my first batch, they looked slightly off, but after heating my blanks the were or was near perfect. Hope this helps!

#266210 The Fomebow - Extensive Bow And Arrow Makeover.

Posted by MindWarrior on 20 February 2010 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

Why don't you just use a PVC pipe as a kind of skeletin inside the shell, Then I suggest using metal reinforce epoxy. That should make it STRONG. OR use aluminum plating, that stuff won't tear from stress as easily than that old plastic.

#265989 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by MindWarrior on 19 February 2010 - 11:29 AM in Modifications

Range finders provide many variables themselves. The height of the person will affect the range recorded by the laser. Unless we use trigonometry, tape measures will usually provide more consistent results for a cheaper price. I'm not saying range finders are bad to use, but then people should realize that ranges should be a bit higher than with regular methods. But ranges are not always important.
Bah, I forgot to compliment you on your mod, nice work!

#265957 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by MindWarrior on 18 February 2010 - 11:20 PM in Modifications

Since he's measuring the distance standing up, the ranges are probably a little bit larger compared to if we used a tape measure flat on the ground. Imagine a right triangle, he's measuring the hypotenuse (Line BC on the diagram below), while we're measuring one of the sides (Line AB), Its gonna be a bit longer.
Posted Image
Also, its a foam ROCKET. Not a dart, it can sail through the air like a BBB arrow, which helps give it better ranges, and the added weight from the etape should help a bit too.

#265294 The Tornadobow

Posted by MindWarrior on 13 February 2010 - 10:37 PM in Homemades

Have you ever shot the coupler plug? Not at anybody hopefully =P.

#265254 Happy Chinese New Years(eve)

Posted by MindWarrior on 13 February 2010 - 05:51 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, we asians got shafted because of Valentines day. Anyways, to the people on the Haven, HAPPY ASIAN NEW YEARS.

#264886 Tetra Strike Barrel Replacement

Posted by MindWarrior on 09 February 2010 - 11:09 PM in Modifications

I can see the tetra strike as a great blaster for integrations, its tanks are only slightly smaller than an at2k's, and building up on this mod, you can have a mini, and easier to use marvelous salvo setup with ranges potentially in the low 80s.

#264517 Sonic Bazooka, Micros And Megas

Posted by MindWarrior on 06 February 2010 - 05:45 PM in Modifications

Why didn't you plug the pump?

#264149 Nerf On The Internets

Posted by MindWarrior on 02 February 2010 - 05:28 PM in News

I've visited and posted on their Facebook, its cool, and I even spotted a picture of midwestern nerfers with their modded blasters posted on the wall by somebody there.