Prince Valor's Content

There have been 167 items by Prince Valor (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#277054 C.o.w. T.i.p.

Posted by Prince Valor on 07 June 2010 - 02:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I need to get a tally of how many people are bringing mobstacles, tents, boxes, and other things for barriers. I will have 5-6 various things that we can use but we will need more. Remember that this is a field there is nothing really to hide behind.

#276541 C.o.w. T.i.p.

Posted by Prince Valor on 31 May 2010 - 10:08 PM in Nerf Wars

:bump:
Only 2 weeks left til this. Anyone coming to this should also come to Twitch's Lazer Kraze War. This will be a great full Saturday of Nerfing, can't wait to see everyone there.

Edit
For Hippo in post below: You can bring your HAMPS as long you limit hopper length to no more than 18" and we split you equally between the teams.

We will only be doing a few of the "NERF: Super Ligera" style game play and I have plenty of stock guns to loan out for people to use.

#276387 Cincinnati Nerf War At Lazer Kraze, June 11th.

Posted by Prince Valor on 29 May 2010 - 11:26 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in +2

#275574 Cincinnati Nerf War At Lazer Kraze, May 22nd.

Posted by Prince Valor on 22 May 2010 - 03:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I hope you guys have fun. I won't be able to make it to this one.

#274981 C.o.w. T.i.p.

Posted by Prince Valor on 16 May 2010 - 08:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm planning on coming, but put me down as a "maybe" for now. I won't know for sure until the weekend before.

Stuff to hide behind... would that include old camping tents?

Old tents would work perfect as long as you don't mind if there is damage after the war.

#274938 2010 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Prince Valor on 16 May 2010 - 02:05 PM in Nerf Wars

June:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19509]12 [OH] C.O.W. T.I.P. [/url]

#274929 C.o.w. T.i.p.

Posted by Prince Valor on 16 May 2010 - 01:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image
Time: Show up at 9:30 start at 10:00AM, lunch break at 12:00-1:00, and we end we are tired.

Date: 6-12-2010

Posted Image

Rules:
~Anyone under the age of 18 will be wearing eye protection at all times during play. Anyone under the age of 16 will be required to have an adult present (I will allow an Adult to monitor several players) I am also an adult and will happily monitor a few during play. Anyone under the age of 13 will not be permitted to play without their parent or legal guardian present on the playing field during the entire event.
~NO HOMEMADE AIR GUNS! NO EXCEPTIONS!
~You can bring your HAMPS as long you limit hopper length to no more than 18" and we split you equally between the teams.
~Don't be a douchebag. If the strength of the weapon is considered to be excessive we reserve the right to "spot ban" it.
~No singled ,plugged Titans or plugged BBBB. Titans are allowed if they have more than 3 barrels(shotgunned)
~No tack darts (A.K.A-deathdarts)**
~No darts heavier than a nerf ball.Stefans must have a rubber, glue, cloth, or foam cover.
~All darts and guns will be inspected thoroughly, no jutting out spikes on guns---use your head guys, and remember that these are toys--lets keep it that way!
~The only shields that will be permitted are Manta Rays.
~Barrel Tapping is allowed however, your gun MUST be locked and loaded to tap--A tap from 5 feet away is nicer than being shot, wink...wink.
~Do NOT bring anything painted all black. We REALLY don't want the cops called for someones stupidity!

New game debut NERF: Super Ligera
rules:
~You may only remove components from stock blasters, nothing may be added.
~Only stock ammunition designed for that gun, or it's equivalent may be used.
~Any components which were designed by Hasbro to be interchangeable may be used. i.e clips and barrel attachments.

Rules for sword blocking:
~Sword blocking is only allowed in 3:15 and assault type matches. Zombies cannot sword bock.
~No sword blocking in pistol type matches.
~The sword must be in hand at time of block. If sword is shot while in it's sheath than it is a hit.
~Axes are not allowed to block.
~Titan missiles are not able to be blocked by anything.

Definite:
Prince Valor+1
Twitch
Coop
Lynx

Maybe:
TheAbused
Envythemagicaltwig
Hipponator+few others
mobe

#274694 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Prince Valor on 13 May 2010 - 04:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a definite.

So you ended up throwing the match to play nerf huh?

#274658 Cincinnati Nerf War At Lazer Kraze, May 22nd.

Posted by Prince Valor on 13 May 2010 - 02:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe+1. I don't know how my girl is going to like going to Cincinnati and than six hours later on Sunday going to Akron.

#274445 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Prince Valor on 10 May 2010 - 01:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Trades and sales will be at the before the war, during the hour lunch, and after the war. Please do not waste time by doing trades in between rounds.

Also there are going to be a few stock gun only rounds so everyone should bring at least one stock/AR removed blaster and a good hand full of stock darts. If the gun you want to use fires missiles than you will be using missiles for the round.

#274011 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Prince Valor on 04 May 2010 - 01:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Won't be able to make this one. Playing for a wedding with an open bar. You gotta have priorities man.

I completely understand...open bar takes priority over all, hope you can make it out to the next one.

#273332 2010 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Prince Valor on 25 April 2010 - 08:20 PM in Nerf Wars

May:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19354]15 [OH] C.O.W.2 [/url]

#273331 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Prince Valor on 25 April 2010 - 08:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Whetstone works for me we should have a big enough area for a lot more people. I was thinking the 15th is that OK with everyone?

#272725 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Prince Valor on 19 April 2010 - 09:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Time: Show up at 9:30 start at 10:00AM, lunch break at 12:00-1:00, and we end we are tired.

Date: 5-15-2010

Video of war last fall at Whetstone

Rules:
~Anyone under the age of 18 will be wearing eye protection at all times during play. Anyone under the age of 16 will be required to have an adult present (I will allow an Adult to monitor several players) I am also an adult and will happily monitor a few during play. Anyone under the age of 13 will not be permitted to play without their parent or legal guardian present on the playing field during the entire event.
~Don't be a douchebag. If the strength of the weapon is considered to be excessive we reserve the right to "spot ban" it.
~No singled ,plugged Titans or plugged BBBB. Titans are allowed if they have more than 3 barrels(shotgunned)
~No darts heavier than a nerf ball.Stefans must have a rubber, glue, cloth, or foam cover.
~All darts and guns will be inspected thoroughly, no jutting out spikes on guns---use your head guys, and remember that these are toys--lets keep it that way!
~Barrel Tapping is allowed however, your gun MUST be locked and loaded to tap--A tap from 5 feet away is nicer than being shot, wink...wink.
~Do NOT bring anything painted all black. We REALLY don't want the cops called for someones stupidity!

*There are going to be a few stock gun only rounds so everyone should bring at least one stock/AR removed blaster and a good hand full of stock darts. If the gun you want to use fires missiles than you will be using missiles for the round.

~Sword blocking is only allowed in 3:15 and assault type matches. Zombies cannot sword bock.
~The sword must be in hand at time of block. If sword is shot while in it's sheath than it is a hit.

Schedule will vary from time to time
9:30am-10:00am: Arrive and do trades and sales.
*WAR START*
10:00am-11:00am: Team Pistol, HvZ, and Stock Blasters Only rounds
11:00am-12:00pm: Team 3:15
12:00pm-1:00pm: LUNCH and trades
1:00pm-2:00pm: CTF and Team 3:15
2:00pm-3:00pm: DTC and Team 3:15
3:00pm-? Whatever

Definite:
Prince Valor+1-2?
TheAbused +2-4
Mr. BadWrench
Jetsniper +3-5
Lynx + TT +5
Twitch+1
Hipponater +3-?
Buffdaddy
ggk
Coop

Maybe:
Thaygor
Thaygor'z Dad

Dez

#272346 D.n.n.o April 17,2010

Posted by Prince Valor on 15 April 2010 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Just got the go ahead, so my girl friend and I will be down for this war.

#270489 Central Ohio Spring War

Posted by Prince Valor on 27 March 2010 - 04:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Well you guys missed a fun war me and Hippo were the only ones from Columbus everyone else was from Cinci.

When you guys want to have another, I was thinking of sometime in April.

#270376 Central Ohio Spring War

Posted by Prince Valor on 26 March 2010 - 01:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Weather Update: Sunny in the morning...then becoming partly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
The ground will be wet make sure you have the right clothes and shoes. I don't want to hear anyone complain that they are wet and muddy.

#270062 Central Ohio Spring War

Posted by Prince Valor on 23 March 2010 - 12:59 PM in Nerf Wars

So my Lanard Hand Cannon's reinforced catch is broke, does any one happen to have an extra or one (reinforced is preferred) that they would be willing to trade/sell to me at the war?

This thing:
Posted Image

#269744 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Prince Valor on 20 March 2010 - 03:11 PM in Modifications

Here is my first attempt at painting a Longshot
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SM5K
Posted Image

SM5K and Hand Cannon with detachable stock
Posted Image

#269584 Central Ohio Spring War

Posted by Prince Valor on 18 March 2010 - 11:07 PM in Nerf Wars

About week left until this war and there is still a lot of people on the "Maybes" list, please let me know if your coming.

We will be meeting at or near Shelter 3. There is a map by the parking lot, but its not that far just on the other side of the playground.

Please if your going to do trades or sales do them before 10am or wait until lunch.

#269169 Central Ohio Spring War

Posted by Prince Valor on 14 March 2010 - 10:58 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be coming out with 2-5 people.

That is great, I can't wait til this war. FYI: There is a Ohio Thrift less than 5 minutes away.

#268250 Central Ohio Spring War

Posted by Prince Valor on 06 March 2010 - 03:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I see you already have me marked as a yes, I'd like to confirm that! I will talk to a few of my friends, but it will most likely only be me!

Also, if anyone has AT2Ks or 3Ks they're willing to trade for other things, please let me know and I'll bring all my blasters (probably will anyways though, ha)

Yeah I have a 2k that i can part with, I will also bring all my blasters for trade.

Lets try to clear up some of these maybes so let me know if you are coming or not.

#264776 Need Help On Longshot Trigger

Posted by Prince Valor on 09 February 2010 - 01:07 AM in Modifications

If the brass or aluminum doesn't work, i reinforced mine with some epoxy putty and than sanded it down so it was flush with the sides of the trigger.

#264603 Central Ohio Spring War

Posted by Prince Valor on 07 February 2010 - 12:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for double post.

Slide show of the park is up. Some people may want to bring some barricades to add a little extra cover if wanted.

#264232 Central Ohio Spring War

Posted by Prince Valor on 03 February 2010 - 10:50 AM in Nerf Wars

I need to borrow the camera from my girlfriend, but i will try to get pictures up by this weekend.

#263929 Central Ohio Spring War

Posted by Prince Valor on 31 January 2010 - 03:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Date: 3-27-2010

Location: Whitehall Community Park (We will be meeting at or near Shelter 3)
Address: 402 N Hamilton Rd
Whitehall, OH 43213

Whitehall Community Park Slideshow

Rules:

Definite:
Prince Valor+2-3?
Coop
Goggles+?
Hipponater +1-?
Mr BadWrench
tomorrowsDarkness+2-4?
TheAbused +2-5

Maybe:
chop
soccer1536247
NerdyNerfer(NR) +1-3?
father time
thaygor
hopper
minsc
Krazykrauser

#261241 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Prince Valor on 09 January 2010 - 04:04 AM in Homemades

here is my +bow it has some foam padding in the grip for a little bit of comfort.
Posted Image

#261237 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Prince Valor on 09 January 2010 - 03:40 AM in Modifications

Inline clipped LS with sword holding bracket (will have a paint job when the weather warms up)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Modular Manta Shield
Posted Image
Posted Image

MavTitan Shotgun
Posted Image
with Manta
Posted Image

Nitefinder
Posted Image
with Manta
Posted Image

#260581 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Prince Valor on 03 January 2010 - 01:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Great war, even though with only six people the rounds went a little to fast. My knee has been swollen all day from that fall on the rock during our assault match.

February works for me though we might want to wait till the end of the month so it does get a little warmer.

#259896 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Prince Valor on 27 December 2009 - 03:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Will edit if needed.

#259747 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Prince Valor on 25 December 2009 - 01:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Since it is now relevant to my interests: Sword blocking? I would like to say yes so they can be used in the actual 3/15 rounds and not just zombies.

Also, I was thinking that we should start at 10 (arrive at 9:30) so that we can get some slightly warmer nerfing in. I doubt this would be much of a problem for people if they are local, but cinci/Lakewooders might want to chime in on this.

Sword blocking is allowed in 3:15 but not in zombies.

You should really read the first page cause those are times i have down for the start.

#259667 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Prince Valor on 23 December 2009 - 05:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok... my guests are definitely going, but I may not, and that's my final say on this war until 2010.

Also, I know it's premature, but knowing how central Ohio nerf goes, we'll probably have another war very soon after this. I'd like to look at locations outside of Clintonville for that one. I know we have one place in Upper Arlington, but does anyone know of other places? There's nothing wrong with Colerain, but I'd like to go someplace else. I'm going to be looking for locations, and I would like it others could think about this as well.

At the first winter Ohio war princevalor siad something about a new park that is good for nerfing but I'm not sure were it is due to the fact I don't live in Columbus.

The address is at the top of the page under location.

#259606 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Prince Valor on 22 December 2009 - 11:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Whoops: Show up at 9:30 start at 10:00AM, lunch break at 12:00-1:00, and we end we are tired or frozen.

Prince Valor/group: Should I bring two containers for blanks/picked up darts or should we just deal with Coop being pissed off and people losing a shit ton of darts?

Definitely bring the buckets he wasn't the only one pissed off about all the torn in half stefans littering the playground.

#259411 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Prince Valor on 20 December 2009 - 11:07 AM in Nerf Wars

Ignore that i mostly copied and pasted some of the information from one of our summer war threads.

#259408 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Prince Valor on 20 December 2009 - 10:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Time: Show up at 9:30 start at 10:00AM, lunch break at 12:00-1:00, and we end we are tired or frozen.

Date: 1/2/10

Address: 499 E Weisheimer Rd. Columbus, OH 43214

Rules:
~Eye protection is a must, unless you are over eighteen years of age.

Location notes: There is a Panera/Chipotle at High Street/E Dominion Blvd for food. Also, there is a Jersey Mikes a few blocks south on High St. and a Bob Evan's/Taco Bell/Qdoba Grill/SUBWAY about 2-4 minutes away to the north of High Street.

NOTE: It will probably be cold make sure you wear appropriate clothing.

Attended:
Prince Valor +1
Coop
Lynx+1
Travis Touchdown

Link to Lynx's Walkthrough Images

#257335 Dart Weight Regulations/range Testing

Posted by Prince Valor on 26 November 2009 - 08:20 PM in Darts and Barrels

If we are so worried about the pain of some darts and the range of some guns than the only way to solve this problem is to ban all homemade darts. This will cut down on the "injuries" all most down to none. We all know that stock darts have shit ranges and only hurt very little (if at all) so lets use them. Yeah right! Like anyone really wants to use stock darts. Well there are some consequences to the homemade darts deal with it. Stop complaining about having a tiny little bruise for a couple of days. I have been shot in almost every place you don't want to get shot (ex: forehead, temple, throat, groin, eye, teeth) and I am not complaining about it, I just say "nice shot" and keep going.

As for ranges, each person has their own particular style (ex: long range shooters[LRS], gun-slinger, berserker). LRS are a big part of war and because of them, foot soldiers have had to adapt and change their strategy. Also because LRS have a long range (by name) it typically means that they have a slow RoF giving the close range guys(ex: gun-slingers, beserkers) time to sneak up and kill them. These actually balance every thing and don't give the advantage to anyone.

We as players just have to adjust our strategies in war and learn new things.

#256429 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Prince Valor on 15 November 2009 - 11:32 PM in Nerf Wars

You can move me +1 to definite.

#256425 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Prince Valor on 15 November 2009 - 11:22 PM in Nerf Wars

These are all +/-'s:[list]
[*]CtF round lasted forever and was eventually a draw, but I got to walk up the middle and hit people like a badass. Twice.
[*]Few incidents of rule breaking. I still don't think I got hit by that shot Prince Valor. I saw it and heard it smack the tree behind me. The clearing crap is on top of the post.

*The CtF game didn't last that long actually. You guys just didn't understand that it is a back and forth type of game, it does take a while for a team to get the advantage. I was actually on my way back toward the flag after i got hit 10' away when you guys called the game. Both teams should decide whether the game is finished also not just a couple of people on one team saying that they have are done so the game is over.

*That shot did hit you but I think there was someone else shooting at you too who's shot hit the tree that was behind you.

#256352 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Prince Valor on 15 November 2009 - 01:10 PM in Nerf Wars

This was a great war other than a few problems. The highlight of the day had to be those 2 rounds of HvZ, they were Effeminate. I hope to see you guys at the 12/12 war.

#256233 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Prince Valor on 13 November 2009 - 10:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Just finishing up making 500 darts for this war hopefully that is enough.