- → RedShot's Content
There have been 239 items by RedShot (Search limited from 16-February 93)
Negatives: (get the bad out of the way first haha)
- SLUGS, not a big fan haha
- My 2k broke the first round that I played and after about the 4th shot haha.
- When my guest told me that my sm1.5k was leaking fairly bad.
- I had to use my friends gun and I broke the handle off....
- As the day went on there was a little more down time between each round because of the different lengths of the gametypes
+ Was very happy to meet up with a bunch of nerfers that I have nerfed with before so that was alot of fun to play with them again!
+ Super excited to meet plenty of new nerfers, and some people that I have talked to on NerfChat, but never met until here.
+ Like the big group of people and the vast variety of guns and homeade's.
+ Got a bunch of hits on people!
+ Was able to represent the Pittsburgh clan during the clan match, which was awesome!
+ Had plenty of rounds yet relaxed enough to sit and catch my breath and relax.
+ Actually left a war with a little less then I came with (for once haha) and more money!
+ Brought about 700 darts for 3 people and ended up having plenty left over! Glad I didnt run out!
1. Would I do this again? Absolutely! I really did not have any problems with the actual workings of the war, it was more my own fault and nature haha (dang wind!)
2. Would I recommend this to a friend? 100% yes! For sure, I had a guest come with me and this was his first war and he said that he really enjoyed it!
Again, thanks for everybody that made this possible, I had loads of fun as did my clan and we will most definitively be making it back next year!
2. Sadly I do not have a good supplier for either of those two, I got to my local hardware store on an as needed basis for hotglue and it is pretty cheap. I use a large high temp hotgluegun, but I may get a large high/low temp hot glue gun because you can switch between to two settings and it looks like a nice hot glue gun :] I have been trying so hard to find a good supplier of color/glitter hot glue for more distinct darts but I havent found anything solid. The one website that I was the closest to was rainbow of colors in 5lb and 25lb packs. That is ALOT of hot glue!
3. Let me give you a little background on my wars. We are in the south central PA area and my war series for this summer is called TEPAW so you may have heard of that series. Being the host, I alow any kind of dart, stock, modified stock darts, dome stefans, and slugs. Dome stefans are by far the most popular because I do not limit the weight you can put into it, you can get good aerodynamics as well as a nice weight so a far traveling bb. I dont feel that 1/4' slingshot weights are really that sluggish in the air but whatever haha. I am going to try out 3/0 fishing weights sometime and compair the two. For gun bans, well that is for a different topic.
4. I believe if you are making slugs, the dartsmithing thread is helpful but I do not prefer slugs at all but I will make them when needed.
All in all I highly prefer to make dome darts, easier to make in my opinion, and yet go farther! Plus I do not have to order my supplies online from McMaster. I also feel that slugs may have a quicker time until they come apart. I feel that the hotglue may have a greater tendency to come off sooner. I wish we could use dome darts at apoc :] oh well.
Any more questions, feel free to ask.
Thank you for your time!
Cool sounding game though! This could work for us because I have about 30some big blast missiles and tons of other missiles haha!
Nice supermaxx 5000, mind if I use your stock idea?
Here is mine for now, still need paintjob and some cosmetic work as well as a bolt handle (cant decide how I want to do it).
My newly revived 2k, it lives again!
Rear loading hole:
I really would like to get some input for the war so that I can improve the wars and make an over all better experience for the war goers. Even if you voted please post at least one thing you liked and one thing that can be improved for upcoming wars!
Thanks for your input!
We will be meeting in the upper lot in pavilion #2. Its really close to the parking lot so thats a plus!
Hope to meet all you guys out there! Its gonna be a great war!
- 4 NIB big salvos'
- 6 hornet tanks with 2 blast buttons
- I was wondering if anybody wanted to do a bulk shipment on foam. Its beige foam decently tight in cpvc and good fit in petg. For something like $25 per person, I could get you 250ft! If I could get even 4 people that are interested then I could get the foam for us all to use. I have some blanks that I can show people at the war too. I would like to order this spool before the war too if I can to sell!
- I also make duct tape wallets if you want one haha, tell me at least 2 days before the war so I can get the materials and make it. PM me if you want one!
- big blast (specifically the lego one if you have it)
- 2k and 3k tanks
- Magstrike pumps (and or hornet pumps)
Ok, so I guess I will need to make slug darts. I probably should learn at some point any ways. So I know this isn't exactly the best place to post this, but I thought maybe it would be ok. Do any of you have some tips for making the tops for slugs that isn't estreamly time consuming? I was thinking about just cutting a tinny bit of the foam from the blank and putting it back on top over the washer. Will this work?
Well for my war, I dont have a dart restriction, but many places do so it is a good thing to learn. I would suggest the felt pads from McMaster (dont have the product number off the top of my head) and #8 washers.
I will be first to put myself on the list. Last test is the 17th so it works perfectly. Just will need my mom to give a ride hopefully.
Question. Should I bring my own epoxy putty and other if needed? I know you have adhesive and stuff. Also cvpc and pvc I will bring for anything I need and will share of course but do you have a pipe cutter or hacksaw or should I bring one?
Yeah I would suguest bringing all of your modding supplies that you can. I have epoxy putty but I know that it will run out fast if everybody is going to use it so bring some so that I will not run out haha. I have pipe cutters and a hacksaw so I am ok on that. Its good that you are bringing cpvc and pvc, it will be put to good use :]
I can make it. If I'm building a plusbow should I bring a scroll saw?
EDIT: Combos for everyone!
If you can bring it, that would be great!
DATE: June, 18th
PLACE: PA, 17022 (FURTHER DETAILS ON LOCATION WILL BE GIVEN IN A PM)
1. This party is a drop in so it is whenever you can get there, to however long you want to stay (up until 4:00 PM)
2. I need everybody to be gone by 3:00-3:15PM that is the only stipulation.
3. I will have some snacks to eat but if there is anything else you want please bring it to the session. I would encourage you to bring one snack and or drink of your choice so that we have plenty to eat and drink.
What should I bring?
1. Your guns to be modded of coarse.
2. Your modding tools ( I have a bunch of tools such as screw drivers, adhesive, dremel, and tape). Bring everything you think you may need as of tools and modding supplies.
3. I know I already said this but, bring some snacks and or drinks that you like
4. Guns to sell and trade. You never know, somebody may be looking for something that you have!
5. MONEY. bring money so that you can buy blasters and at lunch time I believe we will be making a trip to the hardware store (its only about 5 minutes down the road!)
Ok I would just like to get a head count as to who might be comming.
I will update as needed!
Ok so I saw a bunch of topics come up in the bunch of comments that I have not read since the trip and the front and foremost is the date.
1. I would like to make it July 9th. I know that is sortof far away but there is good news. I would like to do a 'mod party' on the 18th of June. It would be at my house and I will give out details of my location in a PM, (for reference, my house is in Elizabethtown, PA). I will probably make another thread and soon so be on a watch out for that.
2. The other thing is dart restrictions. As you guys probably already know, I dont really care what darts people use :] as long as there is no exposed metal. I guess I can change that if people REALLY want me to but for now that is as it stands. I think the real issue is here, its at your own risk to wear eye protection. That is what really counts!
3. Super soakers... I dont know if I can/want to put a ban on them. I think that they are subject to testing at the war. If it deems itself 'to powerful' then it would be banned, but at least for now let me know what you had it mind. Tell me guys, your feedback on this thread for what ss blasters should be banned for sure.
If there is anything else then please let me know, I am currently updating the TEPAW 3 thread right now so yeah.
I don't think I'll be able to make it on July 25, seeing as that's a Monday...
June 25, however, works for me. June 18 works also. I have something planned previously on July 9 and couldn't make it that day.
Haha thanks for pointing that out, It was late when I posted and I was tired. I still need a little more insight before I post a date for sure because its almost even as to what days to do it.
So lets get started!
Location: Little Chiques Park, Mount Joy, PA
Date: July 9th
Also one other thing is that to reserve the pavalian it costs $25 so what we where thinking is that we have a hot dog grill station there at the park and they would be for anybody interested (becuase we have a guy that can get them for cheap) and then any donations would be greatly appreciated. In increments of dollars that is. So like $1 or 2.
1. Respect: Respect the grounds, the people, and fellow nerfers, period.
2. Hands off the other peoples things unless you have permission from the owner.
3. When we have dart sweeps, I would like everybody to participate.
4. If you are under 13 I would like you to have a parent or guardian present during the games.
5. BRING EYE PROTECTION!!!
6. Over all just dont be a douche and we can all have fun during the day.
7. GUN BANS: Singled titans, cobras, jobars, 5ks, still working out supersoaker details, and some other guns deemed 'to powerful' can be banned on the spot.
General items to bring:
- Your primary
- A spring pistol
- A side arm
- A backup primary just in case your primary fails (it happens to everybody)
- A bunch of darts More then 100
- Lunch or money to go out and eat (many places to eat around the park)
- A good attitude
- Maybe a friend or two
If you would like to join the SCPANerfers site, then click here: SCPANerfers
Do not be discouraged if you do not have a 'good' gun or a gun at all, there are usually many different guns that are around that you may borrow, but just ask first!
- Classes - Medic - Freeze tag - Juggernauts - Team deathmach 3:15, 4:20, 5:0- Anything else we can think of to play
My email is: email@example.com for those who need it!
Ok so who is with me?
5. LTJG Rob +1?
9. TheSilentRebel +1-4
11. LTJG Rob
12. LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!
14. andtheherois +1
16. BluArrow (my dad haha)
Not sure yet:
Dont forget to join the website: http://scpanerfers.webs.com/
Thanks guys and look forward to seeing you guys there!
The main thing I want to say here is, for those of you who cant come to every TEPAW, then I would suggest that you come to TEPAW 3 or even more come to TEPAW 4 because that will be in mid to late June and school will be out. So for those of you who cant make it out very often I suggest going to either one of those preferable the June one. So that will be the big one! Yeah whatever people can come to this one then that will be what it is (sorry for weird wording haha). So moral of the story once more is that if you cant come very often then wait for TEPAW 4 'The Big One'.
Thanks guys! If you would like to sign up at the SCPANerfers webpage then feel free! I will try to update that when I can remember to.
Thanks and stay tuned!
SlightlySane813: You do have a good point about Easter but we will see what peoples schedules are like and then we can pick.
the mod man: NVM it was my bad reading skills haha
Trades/sales as of now:
Buying: Magstrike pumps/hornet pumps, lanard grenade thing, Tanks (most any working tanks), magstrike air release valve.
Selling: Stock grey NF, Big Salvo(s), Magstrike,
the mod man:
Selling: mega missles
BTW THIS IS STILL A GO!
Since the first war was such a success, why not start it again asap? Next month shall we? I pretty much copied and pasted the format for the last war because I am too lazy to type it all again haha.
If you dont have a NH account then contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When and where?
- The date is April the 30th!
- Time: 10:00 - 5 or 6 However long we feel like it!
- Park: Little Chiques Park, Mount Joy, PA
Pictures of park here. The pavilion that we will use is the one on the left or center of some of the pictures, It is strait across from the parking lot.
Details/what to bring:
- Try to arrive at about 9:30-9:45 for rules and junk
- We will try to start a round at 10:00
- Lunch: Please bring a bag lunch or money and some sort of transport to a local restaurant (subway, Chinese takeout, burgerking, sonic, etc)
- Bring your guns: bring any of them you want to sell or trade and obviously your guns you are going to use. I am completely open to buying, selling, or trading.
- Also bring mele weapons and swords for mele and just playing around during breaks.
- I would suggest bringing a sweatshirt at least because it can be cold still in April.
1. Eye protection – Bring eye protection no matter how old you are, I don't care just bring it!
2. Respect others/guns – Please do not be a douche and horse around. Just play nice and we will be fine. Also if you are using another person's gun or even just trying it out, you must ask first and make sure the owner knows and is ok with what you are doing.
3. Respect the park – I do not want to have to pay for a fine for vandalism or littering so do try your best to not break anything and if you do let me know right away.
4. Dart sweeps – I would like everybody to participate in dart sweeps so that we can start the rounds faster and we will pick up more darts.
5. If you are under 13 please bring a gardian or parent (they can play too if they want, we have some parents that play)
- The usuall: Singled plugged titans and junk like that.
- Darts: To be totally honest, I really dont care what darts are used as long as metal is not exposed or that there are no sharp points on them, slingshot darts can really nail ya but I have just grown accustom to taking it like a boss (not bragging btw).
- 3:15, 4:20, 5:0
- Freeze tag
- Capture the flag on the hill (different rules then last time lol)
- Anything else we can think of to play
Ok so who is with me? Btw my email is: email@example.com for those who need it!
3. BluArrow (my dad haha)
2. the mod man
Ok so first of all I would like to say think you all for coming to the start of many TEPAW's for this summer and fall and even next yeah but not to get to ahead of myself. So here are the pros and cons that I encountered.
CONS: (get them out of the way)
- My lego 4b's handle broke but luckily I was able to have a temporary fix and it was later in the day
-- My temporary fix broke and I had to repair it again about 3-4 rounds after the first fix.
---------- A bunch of nerfers went able to come, Gears, princexbuster, flamincows, Ice, Dizzyduck, Talio, etc...
- Had alot of offers on a bunch of my stuff but I just couldent let it go...
- Didnt have the mobsticals done in time (sorry guys they will be ready for next war!)
-/+ my dad did ALOT better then I expected with my 3k
PROS: (yay the good stuff!)
+ Best attendance yet! I think peak was 19 people
+ Got to play a few new game types and different rules, good suggestions guys!
+ Lots of new faces and some that came back.
+ Made a bunch of new friends and met a bunch of people that are close to the war site!
+ My 4b worked beautifully (with my darts that is) until it broke but even after the fix it was great!
+ I still love my magstrike
+ Got free lunch (thanks to Koree!)
+ Sold a few things and bought a bunch of stuff!
+ Got an awesome custom mask (seriously it is sweet!)
+ My darts where awesome and put out some serious power!
+ Great war!
Alright guys I will try to have one next month and it looks as if the only good week would be the second to last or last week of the month since there are 5 Saturdays that month! But seriously guy thanks for coming out and hope many/all of you can come again, I loved nerfing with you guys and we will continue to have alot of fun!
Hey guys, I sent/am sending messages to as many people that I can to remind of TEPAW. For those that didnt get the message I am sorry, It just said that we are still going at this point and that the weather report said that there is a slight chance of rain on Saturday morning. We are going to play if it stays at that. The weather for the rest of the day is sunny and in the 60's which is perfect!
I am working on mobsticals and hopefully the parts will come in time!
Also anybody interested in a clan for those that are not in a clan, please let me know if you would like to make/join one with me. I want to get something started for those that dont have a clan and would like to.
Also Gears said he may not be able to come due to things popping up at school. :[
If you guys have any other questions then let me know!
Thanks and look forward to seeing you guys at the war!
If any of you have any new game types or somthing different that what is already on the list and you would like to try it please let me know because I am looking for other game types to play. You can post the game type and description here or PM me or email it to me.