ggk's Content

There have been 99 items by ggk (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#235866 Dart Problem

Posted by ggk on 12 June 2009 - 04:10 PM in General Nerf

Are you sure it is copper not brass? Copper is a red color. I think it is brass because I do not believe that there is such a thing as 9/16 copper.

#235852 Dart Problem

Posted by ggk on 12 June 2009 - 03:28 PM in General Nerf

First off, is it brass or copper? Second what fbr do you use? third how long is your barrel?

#234398 Vos Pistol

Posted by ggk on 04 June 2009 - 11:58 PM in Homemades

thank you. That really helped me understand. I saw the pic on the first page but did not see where the string went. What materials did you use for the plunger rod and the white catch thing(i am assuming pvc but what)?

#234211 Vos Pistol

Posted by ggk on 03 June 2009 - 11:07 PM in Homemades

By catch I mean how the plunger gets stuck then released by the trigger.

#234182 Vos Pistol

Posted by ggk on 03 June 2009 - 07:20 PM in Homemades

Very nice job. I am currently designing something similar, but I am getting hung up on the catch design. Could you take some more pics of the catch setup and explain it a little better? also when you build a smaller magazine could you possibly do a write up?

#233936 Longshot Dart Tag Gun Integration For Sale

Posted by ggk on 02 June 2009 - 01:36 PM in Modifications

Wrong forum.You wanted to put this in the trading forum.

#233158 Magstirke Paintjob Gone Wrong

Posted by ggk on 28 May 2009 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

The problem is it is pink and white. Think it is sick I want to try that and see what happened.

#232978 Dtb Modification

Posted by ggk on 27 May 2009 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

i dont think the extension mod will work mainly because the length of the compressed spring will be too great.

#231873 Petg Question

Posted by ggk on 22 May 2009 - 02:54 PM in General Nerf

Bob those push pull guns are too big to fit in a nitefinder. They are like 1 1/8" wide, but they make really good shotguns with an rscb clip with 1" stefans it shoots at least 2 at a time and at about 60'. on the rare occasion it will shoot a full sized one close to 100'.

also when at the dollar store pick up some 15" glitter batons and the center piece of petg is like the perfect material for making rscb clips.

#230919 Another Claymore Writeup

Posted by ggk on 17 May 2009 - 08:42 PM in Homemades

My next step is to make the release like the trigger on a snap. Once I get that working I am going to try and make a diverter in order to actually have a circular spread. Then if i get that going making them grenades would be easy.

#230289 Quick Question About Maverick Penny Mod

Posted by ggk on 14 May 2009 - 09:07 PM in Modifications

TantumBull I think he means the actual orange plastic air restrictors.

#230080 Mag Bladder Casing

Posted by ggk on 13 May 2009 - 08:03 PM in Modifications

find a dual action mini bike pump. You can get them from walmart, but if you have a bike store around you they probably have a better selection.

#229787 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by ggk on 12 May 2009 - 11:10 AM in Homemades

DANG IT! Ryan you beat me to it. But god is that awesome thinking of making a write up?

#229785 Magstrike Bladder To Titan Tank......instantly

Posted by ggk on 12 May 2009 - 11:02 AM in Modifications

I miss read what he said never mind.

#229611 Another Claymore Writeup

Posted by ggk on 11 May 2009 - 06:06 PM in Homemades

Capten Karat I agree with you whole heartedly. Especially with #1 and 2. That is why I told them to drill the hole 1/4" higher up the tube than the spring completely compressed.

for your situation Capten I would suggest that you cut a piece of metal about 1/4" wide and a little longer than the width of your spring and put a bolt and nut through it placed in the spring right under the closed end of the spring and the plunger head.

Also i have been wanting to make a larger scale version and see how it works. So my question to you is how does it?

#229307 Another Claymore Writeup

Posted by ggk on 10 May 2009 - 03:43 AM in Homemades

Yeah I know they are more like trip mines that claymores, but since others were calling them claymores so I also called them claymores.
I am thinking about trying to make one more like a snap bow trigger sorta design, but i need some supplies.(Dang hardware store not open at 4:30 in the morning)

#229253 Another Claymore Writeup

Posted by ggk on 09 May 2009 - 07:51 PM in Homemades

Yeah like I said my camera is really acting up. Here is the best case scenario pic i could take.(I know it is not a pic of the claymore)
Posted Image

the scatter is about 6-8 feet and it prob shoots them 20-30 feet.

#229249 Another Claymore Writeup

Posted by ggk on 09 May 2009 - 07:36 PM in Homemades

Requirements:
1 6" to 8" piece of 1/2" pvc
1 1/2" pvc
1 strong spring 4" to 5" long that fits in the 1/2" pvc
1 washer that is not smaller than the spring and not bigger than the id of the pvc(for me it was a #8 washer)
1 3" to 4" of coat hanger

Step 1
Drill a hole about 1/4" higher than the length of your spring completely compressed up the tube.
Posted Image

Step 2
Hot glue the washer onto one end of the spring.
Posted Image

Step 3
Hot glue the end of the spring that DOES NOT have the washer hot glued on it to the 1/2" pvc end cap.
See Picture from Step 2

Step 4
Bend one end of the coat hanger into a loop for the string/fishing line to attach to.
Posted Image

Step 5
Assemble.
When I assemble it I put the bent coat hanger through the pvc and push the end cap with the spring attached onto the pvc. Then I load the darts.

Finished Product
Posted Image
Posted Image

The darts are six 3/4" stefans.
Posted Image

Loaded
Posted Image

Here is a video of it
Posted Image

I made this guide because the one posted previously was not very clear and I thought everyone should make some of these. These can be made bigger to make more room for darts as long as you can find a spring proportional to the length/diameter of the tube.

Sorry about the quality of the pics/video the vid was made my messed up digital camera and i had to use my phone to take the still pics because my camera could not take a clean picture.

ps if you want to make them able to stick in the ground, before you glue the spring in the end cap drill 1 to 2 holes to stick nails through the cap and then glue the spring in. also if you have trouble pulling the pin with a tug, before you set the line pull the pin about half way out.

Have FUN!

#228864 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by ggk on 07 May 2009 - 07:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be available then and I would really like to attend another war, considering I had so much fun at the last one.(the one in westlake not to long ago)