Whisper101's Content

There have been 194 items by Whisper101 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#261804 Angel Breeched Spring Replacement

Posted by Whisper101 on 14 January 2010 - 02:46 PM in Modifications

@ meatballica: Coupla questions:

how much?
How do I replace the plunger head? With What?
The nub is attached wiht gorrilla glue super glue. It's pretty strong...

#261740 Angel Breeched Spring Replacement

Posted by Whisper101 on 13 January 2010 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

@ Hi Yah: That worked for you? Will it need to be cut down?

#261718 Angel Breeched Spring Replacement

Posted by Whisper101 on 13 January 2010 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

flamingeyes: I've gotch for the first 2 lines but I'm not quite sure wht black peice you are talking about. Oh, wait, I think I get you. I actually filled the deadspace and then added a padding layer of foam.

#261701 Angel Breeched Spring Replacement

Posted by Whisper101 on 13 January 2010 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

So Watt, conceivably, between 1 and 2 ace 49 springs could be used? I'd just have to reinforce the shit out of everything. Yes, I did add another spring to the catch.

#261696 Angel Breeched Spring Replacement

Posted by Whisper101 on 13 January 2010 - 05:41 PM in Modifications

[k25]'s can be ordered from Mcmaster? Is there any ACE equivalent of a [k25]? How about 1.5 or so ACE #49s

I've found that a LS spring+NF spring+Mav spring will not allow the gun to catch.

#261686 Angel Breeched Spring Replacement

Posted by Whisper101 on 13 January 2010 - 04:57 PM in Modifications

Hey all,

I recently finished angel breeching my LS. I am getting OK ranges with it. I have not as of yet improved the seal or replaced the spring yet. I have searched around and can only find a few different spring to replace or add to the LS:

-BBB spring
-Recon spring
-Nf srping

I do not have either of the first two. Currently I have the LS spring and a NF spring in there.

What other springs would work well to produce high ranges in and angeled LS? Anything at ACE possibly? How 'bout a cut down +bow spring?

Thanks.

#260960 At2k Help Needed

Posted by Whisper101 on 06 January 2010 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

From that vendor, I think you might be better served by this kind.

If you can find the dimensions of the valve body, there might be one where you can snip off most of the input barb and simply glue it over the opening you've cut. You want the absolute minimum amount of dead space you can possibly achieve between the pump head and the checkvalve.

OK cool. Just as long as I know that this will probably work. I'll see wat I can do when I get one and when possibl, I'll try to post pics of what I did. Thanks so much!

#260824 At2k Help Needed

Posted by Whisper101 on 05 January 2010 - 07:44 PM in Modifications

Legit double post:

I was searching around on USPlastics and found a page dedicated to checkvalves:

http://www.usplastic...CFUlo5QodsSIqKg

I found these:

http://www.usplastic...23369&catid=489

and these:
http://www.usplastic...23170&catid=489

I was wondering if either of them might work to fix my problem. I was thinking I could eliminate my faulty check valve IN the plunger tube and insert one of the above into the tubing in order to fix the mechanism.

At this point, I;m just looking for something that might work. If anyone has any insight as to whether or not one of the above valves will work, please post it here. This seems to be along the lines of what Phree posted...

#260613 At2k Help Needed

Posted by Whisper101 on 03 January 2010 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

some pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image

I could've pushed it back into place but I did not think that would hold for long. By turning it upside down and shaking I could get it to fall out.

Same problem. Apparently the check valve did not work. Air is still pushing the plunger ord back out.

#260597 A New Thread Idea...

Posted by Whisper101 on 03 January 2010 - 04:42 PM in Off Topic

dog9- Exactly. Modding MATERIALS. Not tools. This thread is not a where to buy thread either. It is supposed to help people understand what tools are best for what purposes. Nobody here is telling anyone where to nuy anything.

#260564 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Whisper101 on 03 January 2010 - 11:57 AM in Modifications

My Nitefinder Rifle:

Posted Image
An utter bitch to prime, loud as hell, but incredibly fun too! VERY DANGEROUS from 15 feet! It left a 2 mm dent in my wall with a good stefan from said distance. I glued 2 NF plunger tubes together and then used some sanded out PVC to act as a coupler for them.
More pics:
Posted Image
w/4.5 inch barrel If anyone knows what the optimal barrel length is for a NF Rifle, PM me.
Posted Image
primed
Posted Image
plunger rod detail: it's made up of 3 parts of NF plunger rods glued together w/coat hanger reinforcers. handle and all it's about 10.5 inches long.

#260540 At2k Help Needed

Posted by Whisper101 on 02 January 2010 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! Yay! How you ask?

Well, Thanks to BOB, I realized that my problem was that my check valve had busted. What I did was I cut open the pump at the back ( cut on the dotted line). My problem was that the little rubber circle had been dislodged due to a plugged pump. I put a small dab of super glue on the very center of the circle. ONLY PUT IT ON THE CENTER, OTHERWISE AIR WILL OT BE ABLE TO BE PUMPED. Let it dry and then glue the peice that you cut off back on. That worked for me...

EDIT: Actually, it did not work. Shit. I may just have to get another 2k pump tube.

#260531 A New Thread Idea...

Posted by Whisper101 on 02 January 2010 - 07:01 PM in Off Topic

HOTH- Thank very much. It will not be stickied, per the orders of Talio. This is however, maybe something members could keep going. Get a tool, list it here. Same as one would do for a mod... I plan on adding a scroll saw review (probably a Ryobi) sometime very soon.

Whisper...

#260483 A New Thread Idea...

Posted by Whisper101 on 02 January 2010 - 03:11 PM in Off Topic

crossed fingers- I hope this is the right thread, talio already closed it on another one - crossed fingers

Hey all. I am currently on the market for a scroll saw, in large part because of my NERF addiction. So it came to me as I was researching possible saws, why not a have a stickied thread where members could:

- review tools that have been particularly helpful or detrimental to thier work
- give pointers on tool usage
- ask questions about specific tools

a format:

EXACT tool name
manufacturer
price where you purchased it
how you like it, why/why not
any specific tips to it

I know something like this would be extremely useful to me and I was just thinking about how much easier this might make tool selection for all uf us modders.

Here's my example:

Dremel stylus
Dremel
$69.99 at ACE Hardware
I love it; there's nothing you can't do wiht it. An absolute essential
My one caution- most of the attachments (i.e. router, crosscut blade, grout remover) will not work with it.

Enjoy!

#260452 A New Stickied Thread Idea

Posted by Whisper101 on 02 January 2010 - 09:44 AM in Site Feedback

Hey all. I am currently on the market for a scroll saw, in large part because of my NERF addiction. So it came to me as I was researching possible saws, why not a have a stickied thread where members could:

- review tools that have been particularly helpful or detrimental to thier work
- give pointers on tool usage
- ask questions about specific tools

a format:

EXACT tool name
manufacturer
price where you purchased it
how you like it, why/why not
any specific tips to it

I know something like this would be extremely useful to me and I was just thinking about how much easier this might make tool selection for all uf us modders.

Here's my example:

Dremel stylus
Dremel
$69.99 at ACE Hardware
I love it; there's nothing you can't do wiht it. An absolute essential
My one caution- most of the attachments (i.e. router, crosscut blade, grout remover) will not work with it.

Enjoy!

#260226 At2k Help Needed

Posted by Whisper101 on 30 December 2009 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

NOt sure how I'd move the stem back into place. I cannot think of a long enough tool. Can I just geta new one at HD or AcE?

EDIT: Just thinking out loud here: Might it work to just hook up a regular bike pump to the tank? It woul eliminate all that fiddling witht he check valve....

#260216 At2k Help Needed

Posted by Whisper101 on 30 December 2009 - 10:24 PM in Modifications

@bob- yeah, it pushes the pump handle out...alot

@Phree- How did you do that? Can I get a check valve at home depot or Ace?

#260204 At2k Help Needed

Posted by Whisper101 on 30 December 2009 - 07:50 PM in Modifications

Might a new check valve be needed? I forgot to mention that I unplugged the pump and it did not help. What do I do now? I could get a new check valve at HD, or ACE...

Hi Yah- I have lots of old crappy guns that I frequently try to bring back to life. Also;

"A question unasked is a problem unsolved."

-anonymous

#260195 At2k Help Needed

Posted by Whisper101 on 30 December 2009 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

Hey all,

I was messing around with my at2k today (pump plugged, goo guage removed, couplered) when it just stopped working. I thought it was a leak and tried the water test but there were no leaks. I can hear a hissing sound directly after I pump. It sounds as if the pumped air is just coming right back out of the pump tube. I guess what I mean is that air goes in and comes right back out.

I have not seen or heard of a probelem such as this to date. I'm wondering how to fix it. I redid all of the seals and that was not the problem. The funny thing is, when you take the air tank off, it pumps just fine. Also, when you pump with the air tank open, it punps fine and you can feel/hear the air coming out of the tank where it normally does.

I don't see how pics would help here. It's just a standard at2k setup really.

Hope to hear from you and thanks in advance,

Whisper...

#260006 Nf Rifle Spring Question

Posted by Whisper101 on 28 December 2009 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

OK, cool. Thanks for the help bob and wing'd man!

#260003 Nf Rifle Spring Question

Posted by Whisper101 on 28 December 2009 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

Good stuff both of you! Thanks alot!

I think I'll go with the 2 ACE #49s though, just out of convenince.

Wing'd man- I know I should, but I cannot. :-(

Bob- If you need them, I can probably get you some 49s...

#259989 Nf Rifle Spring Question

Posted by Whisper101 on 28 December 2009 - 05:18 PM in Modifications

Hey all,

I just finished with the shell of my NF rifle when I realized that I was not 100% certain of what spring(s) I should use. I experimented with a bunch of different springs and currentky I am using an ACE #49 spring and a NF spring intertwined with a mav spring. I am getting good ranges for a NF, around 55'-60' I think, but I'm sure a NF RIFLE is capable of more.

I know Kbarker and others used heavy duty industrial springa and genius responsible for the deadalus used a screen door spring, but I have access to neither. I have a Home Deopt and an ACE near me. Would 2 ACE #49 springs work? Without breaking the blaster?

Thanks in advance,

Whisper...

#259923 Photobucket Issues

Posted by Whisper101 on 27 December 2009 - 09:45 PM in General Nerf

I agree with atomatron. I find the, to be nicely sized so I can get a very good look at the pic. Then again, maybe I just have shitty vision!

On topic: Everything you need has already been said. Good luck!

#259679 Soda Bottle Nerf Gun

Posted by Whisper101 on 23 December 2009 - 10:18 PM in Homemades

My main motive is not to use it in any wars, just to fart around with at home. Also, it would be my firts homemade and it seems it would be pretty cheap...

#259664 Soda Bottle Nerf Gun

Posted by Whisper101 on 23 December 2009 - 05:04 PM in Homemades

And that'll consistently hold? We've had some differences of opinion on this matter...

#259459 Longstrike

Posted by Whisper101 on 20 December 2009 - 10:30 PM in General Nerf

Also, we have a thread here in the general nerf section pertainig to just this sort of thing. It's stickied as the nerf product awareness system. I beleive this has already popped up over there...

#259404 Cosmetic Touch Up Material

Posted by Whisper101 on 20 December 2009 - 09:42 AM in Modifications

I just got some of that UV body filler. Will try it out soon and report back...

#259275 Soda Bottle Nerf Gun

Posted by Whisper101 on 17 December 2009 - 09:05 PM in Homemades

@ onyx: yeah, it would be my firts homemade.

#259256 Soda Bottle Nerf Gun

Posted by Whisper101 on 17 December 2009 - 03:30 PM in Homemades

@ cheesy: I have the same probelm. Don't know why.

@Hipponater: yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's probably yhr kind of thig that work for about 10 shots and then blows up. Is a PVC tank just a length of PVC with 2 endcaps? I'll do some hunting...

#259250 Soda Bottle Nerf Gun

Posted by Whisper101 on 17 December 2009 - 03:13 PM in Homemades

Hey all,

I was browsing youtube when I found this vid of a homemade nerf gun:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I was sort of skeptical at this gun's durability: I'm not sure if the soda bottle ait tank will hold. I'm very interested in trying this mod out though because of it's apparent good ranges and low cost.

Any thoughts? The main thing that is troubling me here is that I just do not see how a soda bottle can be durable enough to function consistenly as an air tank in a powerful nerf gun.

Suggestions, advice, and comments are welcome.

Whisper...

#259196 Cosmetic Touch Up Material

Posted by Whisper101 on 16 December 2009 - 09:19 PM in Modifications

Hey all,

I'm doing some touch up work on the shell of my at3k and I was wondering what exactly is the best material fo this application. I've used plumber's epoxy putty before but I'm probably gonna need a few tubes of the stuff and that'll probably be around $15 for three tubes (my estimated necessary amt. ). This is a possibility but no one that I am necesarily in favor of.

I've also seen Bondo used. I'm not quite sure how much Bondo costs, but from what i've seen, it produces some nice results.

So my question is: What substance is the best, most glueable, sandable, paintable for the job?

All suggestions are welcome and thank you in advance...

#258872 Rscb/inline Clip Questions

Posted by Whisper101 on 13 December 2009 - 04:27 PM in Darts and Barrels

@dog9: I had no idea about a clip directory. I do not often visit the homemades section and it did not even occur to me that there might be such a thing!

@Samzilla: thankyou very much fro your insight. Youre right about my many help threads. Please understand that I am quite capable myself, I just beleive in getting some other people's feedback before I embark on a mod that may end up destroying a $30 peice of plastic. I am not, by far, a "pro" modder, and I like to get tips and advice from those with more experience than myself.

Go to the modification directory there will be a link to the clip directory

Yeah, I did that. I had no idea about it. It's really nice!

#258798 Rscb/inline Clip Questions

Posted by Whisper101 on 12 December 2009 - 11:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

@dog9: I had no idea about a clip directory. I do not often visit the homemades section and it did not even occur to me that there might be such a thing!

@Samzilla: thankyou very much fro your insight. Youre right about my many help threads. Please understand that I am quite capable myself, I just beleive in getting some other people's feedback before I embark on a mod that may end up destroying a $30 peice of plastic. I am not, by far, a "pro" modder, and I like to get tips and advice from those with more experience than myself.

#258776 Rscb/inline Clip Questions

Posted by Whisper101 on 12 December 2009 - 08:44 PM in Darts and Barrels

Did you even bother to read the last line of the post? The one in caps!

#258770 Rscb/inline Clip Questions

Posted by Whisper101 on 12 December 2009 - 07:54 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hey all,

I'm trying to make an RSCB or inline clip for my at3k air tank. I have some questions though:

What's the difference between the 2?
Is there an advantage to one over the other?
What mat'ls should I use and how should they go together?

I guess basically, I'm looking for a writeup on how to make one of these babies.

YES, I DID SEARCH AND DI NOT FIND WHAT I NEEDED TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS!

#258674 Popping Out The Air Restrictor? (longshot)

Posted by Whisper101 on 11 December 2009 - 11:37 PM in General Nerf

Like Flash said:

a 1/2" drill bit will do you fine in the exact place that he's talking about. Alternatively, if you have a VERY long 1/2" bit, you could go strait through the front where the dart is loaded.

Hope this helps,

Whisper...

#257840 Mav Help

Posted by Whisper101 on 02 December 2009 - 06:12 PM in Modifications

Just put in a FF spring. It fires farther (I'd estimate about 30-35 ft) but is louder and harder to prime...

#257797 Mav Help

Posted by Whisper101 on 02 December 2009 - 06:44 AM in Modifications

Add a firefly spring. Your gun will be pretty beastly for a mav. Also, replace the barrels with PETG.

By ADD a FF spring, do you mean have a mav sprin AND a FF spring in the gun or JUST the FF spring?

I mean just the firefly spring alone.

Hi Yah- What are your ranges with a FF spring? I get about 25 ft with the mav and the LSFG spring in there...

#257762 Mav Help

Posted by Whisper101 on 01 December 2009 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

The rod on the cocking handle ended up bending and the plastic piece that it comes in contact with on the plundger broke. I don't have ranges on the one that works at the moment, I'll try and get some in the next couple days.

Bear in mind, when I say awesome, I mean awesome for a maverick.

Edit: If you are going to rebarrel, make sure you're darts fit well! I rebarreled a nite-mav with petg and it shot worse because of bad dart fit! Ruined the thing.

Again, what are your rangees? I just tried this and got ranges of about 20-25 ft. Not bad, but not awesome, even by Mav standards...

#257761 Mav Help

Posted by Whisper101 on 01 December 2009 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

Add a firefly spring. Your gun will be pretty beastly for a mav. Also, replace the barrels with PETG.

By ADD a FF spring, do you mean have a mav sprin AND a FF spring in the gun or JUST the FF spring?