Whisper101's Content

There have been 194 items by Whisper101 (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#255062 Ls Dart Tooth

Posted by Whisper101 on 01 November 2009 - 09:42 AM in Modifications

Why would you ever single a longshot yet keep the stock barrel (the bolt in this case)? I mean, singling a longshot period is dumb, but this is just pointless.

tantum - it's contract work so I don't have
any say...

What would you all reccomend for easily accessible
barrel material? I typically use streamlines and the only thing that fits them well
are crayola barrels.
Also; if the stock bolt sleds are extremely erotic in singled ls's, what setup do you
reccomend?

Whisper...

#255036 Ls Dart Tooth

Posted by Whisper101 on 31 October 2009 - 10:01 PM in Modifications

^ agree with this post

thank you both of you! Your help has been very
valuable. Just one more thing; I am planning on keeping the
cocking handle mech. But I am unsure if I need to cut the bolt that the dart will slide into
in such a way that it is easier to slide the dart in. Is there any way to do this?

Whisper...

#255016 Ls Dart Tooth

Posted by Whisper101 on 31 October 2009 - 07:33 PM in Modifications

Hey all,

I'm thinking about an integration concept but I need to know if the dart tooth is essential to a singled LS.

Any advice is welcome.

Whisper...

#254424 Heeelllp! Ignore-problem Solved

Posted by Whisper101 on 24 October 2009 - 10:21 AM in Modifications

Hey all,

As the title states, I just slapped a FF turret onto my BBB (according to Assasing Nf's mod) and it's now getting terrible, horrible, no good ranges. My other BBB with 1.5 #49 springs from ACE can take an eye out from 60-70 feet but it gets terrible ROF.

Here's a link to what AssassinNf did: (hope it works...)

http://nerfhaven.com...=ST&f=2&t=17031

I was thinking: AssasinNf said he used a BBB spring AND half of a +bow spring. Maybe that's my problem-Maybe I don't have enough oomph behind the dart. If so, would 1.5 #49 ACE springs do the trick?
Also, I DID seal my gun with some foam on the polycarb. peice so that's not the problem.

Any and all feddback, wisdom, advice is welcome,

Whisper...

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED!!! It was a combination of the seal not being quite sturdy enough and alos the spring was not strong enough as I expected. Thank you all who have taken the time to resond and help!

Whisper...

#254178 Bbb Ff Turett Integration Questions And More

Posted by Whisper101 on 21 October 2009 - 05:41 AM in Modifications

[/quote]

No, the foam does not hinder the manual rotation of the turret. Like I .have said multiple times, it forms an airtight seal with the back of the front half of the turret.
[/quote]

Okay, great!

I'm definitely going to try this now. Thank you VERY much cheesypizza001. I'm going to get the mat'ls and get started on a writeup right away!

Whisper...

#254132 Bbb Ff Turett Integration Questions And More

Posted by Whisper101 on 20 October 2009 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

Oh. I didn't realize that he only used polycarbonate. Anyway, I used aluminum, cut to the same size as the polycarbonate with a bit of the foam gooped on the end. Time for a picture...

Posted Image

It may not look like it, but the foam is pushing hard up against the back of the turret in order to form an airtight seal. I also lubed it with lithium grease.

So obviuosly you have a FF turret strapped onto your BBB. And the foam doesn't hinder the manual rotation of the turret?

Thanks,

Whisper...

#254125 Bbb Ff Turett Integration Questions And More

Posted by Whisper101 on 20 October 2009 - 07:52 PM in Modifications

Industrial grade velcro is very strong, however if you are going to use any spring other than the stock one, I would not suggest using velcro.

Using just Polycarbonate or aluminum or wood as a sealer won't do anything. You must also use a sealer such as foam or a rubber washer. What you use behind the sealer really makes no difference, though I would NOT use something like cardboard.
[/quote]

Well, seems as if I'll have to check this industrial grade velcro out! I'm getting pretty good ranges with the stock spring so it shouldn't be a problem...

In terms of the sealing, the aluminum or wood, etc. needs to be supplemented with foam or the rubber washer? In AssassinNf's mod, all he used was polycarb. sheeting. Confusing; in your last post you advised against rubber washers.... Please explain.

Thanks,

Whisper...

#254099 Bbb Ff Turett Integration Questions And More

Posted by Whisper101 on 20 October 2009 - 05:36 PM in Modifications

2. I used aluminum because I did not have polycarbonate at the time. You can also use wood. However, I would not suggest using a rubber washer. I have not had good experiences with them. I used foam from a cut up red BBB arrow. The seal is now air tight.

As for your question concerning the detachable Maverick, I would suggest using industrial grade velcro. It's strong, doesn't take up any space when the Mav is detached, and its application requires little time and effort.

EDIT: If you do end up epoxy puttying it, here's a few good pics of how Zerves did that.

Velcro??? Please explain. I am very curious to hear how velcro is able to hold on to a Mav that will be used for priming a BBB. Also; thanks for the pics. Not exactly what I had in mind - I was going to attatch the mav right side up so I'd be able to use the handle and I'd take off the cocking mech. and just cock it with a string or LS handle or something. I like the idea of part of a BBB arrow but which, in your opinion works the best/is the most airtight: BBB arrow foam, aluminum, or wood?

Thanks very much,

Whisper...

#254067 Bbb Ff Turett Integration Questions And More

Posted by Whisper101 on 20 October 2009 - 02:16 PM in Modifications

Hey all,

I was looking at AssasinNF's FF turret mod (under Firefly in the directory) Hope the link works...

http://nerfhaven.com...ST&f=2&t=17031

and I have a few questions before attemting this on my BBB.

1.) When one says "Coupler your gun" for a BBB, what size PVC coupler are they reffering to?

2.) In the writeup, AssassinNF use a peice of polycarb sheet w/a 3/8" hole drilled in it to enhance the seal of the gun. Would using rubber work the same way? If not, what else besides polycarb etc. would?

*ALSO*

In order to further improve my BBB, I have contemplated chopping off the foregrip and replacing it with a Maverick. I would ideally like to make the Mav element detachable. My ideas:

1.) REALLY STRONG Magnets - the farther fetched of the 2 ideas

2.) 2 snaps, such as those that you would find on a coat. the male end could be screwed into the BBB and rhe Female ends into the Mav. Thus, rendering the Mav detachable. The only problem is wil it hold?

#253774 Nerf Raider Breech Mod

Posted by Whisper101 on 17 October 2009 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

What the hell is this BS spam!!???

Are any of the mods seeing this?

#253713 Raider Rapid Fire Cs-35

Posted by Whisper101 on 16 October 2009 - 10:50 PM in Modifications

Sweet, thanks.

The simplest way to put it is that a Raider is basically just a sideways Recon. That's all.

Whisper...

#253515 Longshot/recon

Posted by Whisper101 on 14 October 2009 - 05:44 AM in Modifications

My longshot broke again and i need help on how to reenforce the bolt sled or the plunger wheels set up. All my longshots (3) all broke because of this and when i tryed to do a single long shot frikin handle snapped i need help on how to reenforce the dam plunger sled. Also my recon is messed up i tryed to open it no juice it just snapped but i need a way to take the AR's out of the inverse plunger so i can do it to the some what sasistifying raider plz help

For the LS, check the directory. There are ALOT of reinforcements/fixes for the LS in there.

Recon-The only way I know of removing the AR's are to actually open the gun. But- you may be able to get away wiht just shoving a very long drill bit down the barrel...

Whisper...

#253234 Bbb Barrel

Posted by Whisper101 on 11 October 2009 - 09:42 AM in Modifications

I'm half way throught making a manual mav clip BBB. Just ran out of brass
Basically, the drum has 9/16th brass in it, and the BBB has 19/32 to accomodate the 9/16. It's a good fit.
[/quote]

Could you explain in more detail how the 19/32 accomodates the 9/16? I get how you rebarreled the Mav clip but what does the 19/32 in the BBB have to do with it?

Thanks,

Whisper...

#253233 Bbb Barrel

Posted by Whisper101 on 11 October 2009 - 09:37 AM in Modifications

It depends on your playing style and dart fit. Cpvc fits stock darts pretty well, and if you don't want to rush a simple coupler and speed loader won't hurt. Oh and take a close look at your post. Specifically near the end. We have a filter on this site.

Uh gee, yeah, thanks. I sould probably edit that! I didn't even realze that I wrote that!

Thanks,

Whisper...

#253166 Bbb Barrel

Posted by Whisper101 on 10 October 2009 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

Hey guys,

I have searched high and low, near and far, and everywhere I look, I can't find two BBB barrel mods that are remotely alike. So I need your help.

Which is the best/most effective BBB barrel? I have seen AssassinNF's FF turret that he integrated onto his BBB. I would do this but I don't have a FF turret. If someone would sell me one at a decent price then I would certainly be very interested in it. I could also do a sort of breech barrel but i can't find brass or cpvc in the ID that fits the dart (Streamlines) well.

Also, would a Mav turret work like the FF turret if you stuck it on the end of a BBB? Those are more readily available to me.

I don't want to go crazy with the rate of fire as this project will primarily be used as a loser but a little extra ROF wouldn't hurt.

Any and all advice is much appreciated,

Whisper...

#252826 Bbb Spring

Posted by Whisper101 on 07 October 2009 - 05:40 AM in Modifications

Use 1.5 Ace #49 springs, the combined length is the same as the stock spring and the other 1/2 spring can go in another BBB.

Great!

Thanks,

Whisper...

#252796 Bbb Spring

Posted by Whisper101 on 06 October 2009 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

I would recommend using a recon spring, with 1.5 of a nf replacement spring, and a PVC coupler cut to 0.75 inches.

Interesting idea. Do you know of a specific spring at ACE?? That's what's most local for me. I don't have a Recon to scrap and I have a deadline so I really can't order...

Thanks,

Whisper...

#252779 Bbb Spring

Posted by Whisper101 on 06 October 2009 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Hey all,

I recently acquired an old junker BBB. I want to fix it up and make it puuuurty but firts I need the right spring as it did not come with the original one.

What do you guys recommend. The BBB is old gen. I think.

Thanks,

Whisper...

#251610 Nf/mav Probs

Posted by Whisper101 on 25 September 2009 - 04:32 PM in Modifications

Hey all,

I am trying to integrate a Mav clip into a NF. I want the NF to be able to shoot out of the Mav barrel and then be able to adfvance by hand the rotating barrel. So far, I have made the Mav barrel be able to rotate just right but when attatched, the NF won't shoot the loaded darts out of the barrel.

I know pics would help but my camera is broken so that really not possible.

Any ideas, advice, etc. would be appreciated.

If you need clarification just let me know...

Thanks,

Whisper...

#250928 Bbb Value Questions

Posted by Whisper101 on 19 September 2009 - 10:31 PM in Modifications

Sorry for the double post...

Can someone please explain to me exactly how the BBB shoots streamlines. I gues I am wondering how the darts are loaded. Also, I have had some bad experiences in the past with 9/16 brass and it's expensive so I am looking for the best barrel I can make w/o brass I guess.

Any advice is appreciated...

Thanks,

Whisper...

#250927 Bbb Value Questions

Posted by Whisper101 on 19 September 2009 - 10:24 PM in Modifications

Please clarify RSCB...

#250837 Bbb Value Questions

Posted by Whisper101 on 19 September 2009 - 10:28 AM in Modifications

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about geting a BBB from my local Kmart. I'm just a bit confused: it shoots arrows stock, modded, can I make it shoot streamlines?

Also, in your opinion, which is the better value for the $$$ - the Recon foir $20 or the BBB for $25??

I've been trying to find a gun that I can really get a lot out of. In other words, a gun with enough modding potential to make a good primary.

Thanks,

Whisper...

#250794 Raider Mods

Posted by Whisper101 on 18 September 2009 - 07:15 PM in Modifications

Hi all,

I just recently got a Raider. It reminded me of the LS in stock form: crappy. I opened it up, removed the AR's, sealed the random hole on the bolt sled, and padded the male end of the bolt sled plunger mechanism as everyone has reccommended. It has since then produced noticeably better range but the accuracy has gone down about as much as the range went up. I'm not sure that this is the fault of the gun, in fact I'm almost certain it's those crappy streamilined that everynew nerf gun is cursed with. I tried a mod to the streamlines that a fellow nerfer suggested where you cut 1/2 the tip off of the dart and then put a dome of hot glue where the tip used to be. I made 6, they helped but the streamilined still dd not fly as straight as I would like. I'm not sure as of yet that I want to sit down and perform this aforementioned procedure on upwards of 150 Streamlines so someone please help me out:

Is there anything I can do to a) the gun or B) the streamlines to increase accuracy, range, or preferably both?

thanks,

Whisper...

#239756 Modding The Ls Into A Clipless Rifle

Posted by Whisper101 on 02 July 2009 - 10:00 AM in Modifications

Hey all,

Last night I saw Defiance and immediatley fell in love with the bolt action rifle that most of the refugees were using. This propmted me to consider tying to make my LS intoone of these.

I think it would entain singling (obviously) my LS and getting rid of all of the clip components as well a as little minimization to the lower portion of the gun. I think I'll also need to put something under the bolt sled mechanism so that when I put in a streamline, it won't fall right through.

Many things to think about before I start but I was just feeling a little creative and different this morning and I wanted to try something completeley new.

Any advice???

Email me @ noahz9@verizon.net

Thanks,

Whisper...

#238046 New Longshot Mod/integration

Posted by Whisper101 on 22 June 2009 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

Hey Great job!

Just one question- what dimension brass did you use for the new LSFG barrel?

Thanks,

Whisper...

#237189 Broken Ds - How To Fix?

Posted by Whisper101 on 18 June 2009 - 04:00 PM in Modifications

The barrel is in the shell where you would normally insert the cartridges. It is 9/16 brass nested inside 1/2 cpvc w/some etape to make it tight.

Thanks,

Whisper...

#237168 Broken Ds - How To Fix?

Posted by Whisper101 on 18 June 2009 - 02:40 PM in Modifications

BritNerfMogul;

Any chance you could go into mre detail about exactly what you mean by this:

if you really want to save it, check the seal between barrel and PT. Is it shell less?

I'm very interested.

Thanks

Whisper...

#237166 How Do I Make Kick-a Stefans?

Posted by Whisper101 on 18 June 2009 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

Hello All,

I am now officially tired of the crappy stock darts. Who can tell me how to make a kick ass stefan? If there is a writeup that you can direct me too that's great also...

I've got a longshot, a LSFG, two magstrikes, a NF and one of my own creations: a shotgun that was built off of a Maverick. I use streamlines for all of them but would like to know how to squeeze more power and range out of them with stefans.

Thanks,

Whisper...

#237160 Broken Ds - How To Fix?

Posted by Whisper101 on 18 June 2009 - 02:33 PM in Modifications

I use stock streamlines- noobish, I know. You're right;p they are too loose but I find that I can overcome that by just bending the dart alittle before I put it into the gun.

Any advice to solve this?

Thanks Whisper...

#236999 Broken Ds - How To Fix?

Posted by Whisper101 on 17 June 2009 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Hello all,

I just finished modding my DS w/9/16 brass barrels inside cpvc. I put it all back together and now it gets an estimate of about 1/4 of a foot.

HELP ME!!

What do i do??? Tne DS has been rear-cocked but other than that nothing has been done to it.

Any advice on a0 how to increase the overall power of the gun or B) most importantly- HOW TO FIX THIS!

Thanks,

Whisper...

#236932 Yet Another Longshot Mod...

Posted by Whisper101 on 17 June 2009 - 02:18 PM in Modifications

HOW DID YOU MAKE THAT SILENCER??? I LOVE it! pls email; I just gotta know!!

noahz9@verizon.net

#236929 What Screwdrivers To Use?

Posted by Whisper101 on 17 June 2009 - 02:07 PM in General Nerf

Hi all,

I've been modifying for well over a year now but since I've started, I've not been able to find a) an elecrtic screwdriver/drill bit that is long enough and small enough to fit into the screw reccesses or B) a cheap battery operated screwdriver w/a very small head. Presently, I am trying to machinr my own bit w/a Dremel but that is going poorly whcich has forced me to go back to truty and tiresome handhled screwdriver.

HELP ME!!!

Any advice, opinions, or knowledge of what to get and where to get it would be greatly appreciated.

Probably easiest to email me: noahz9@verizon.net

Thanks,

Whisper...

#234590 The Best Double Shot Mod Ever

Posted by Whisper101 on 06 June 2009 - 07:47 AM in Modifications

Hey man! Great mod!! Awesome idea to get rid of those *%/"*$ shells!

A few questions though:

1.) I've neve seen 1/2" thinwall PVC - would sched. 40 1/2" PVC work the same?

2.) What kinds of darts does this shoot? Only stefans or streamlines and/or the darts that come with it in the box?

PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP - I reeeeaaaally want to do this mod!!

My e-mail is: noahz9@verizon.net

Thanks so much,

Whisper...

#234328 Maverick Cocking Handle Repair Guide

Posted by Whisper101 on 04 June 2009 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

The exact same thing happened to my mav! Yours looks like a nice solid fix, a lillt complicated though and perhaps costly too? I went down to ACE and got a threaded rod, lock washers, and acorn nuts. Had to shave the rod down a bit but once done, it gives a soild, light, almost stock looking Mav fix.

Great job

Whisper...