Vassili's Content

There have been 146 items by Vassili (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#21727 Bbb

Posted by Vassili on 19 March 2004 - 08:07 PM in Modifications

I modded one for a friend before with a 1 inch section of 17/32" and just 6 inches of 9/16". It got ranges of about 95 feet with plenty accuracy, and that was only crappy SteelWorks brass. It also helps to lube the plunger tube with vegetable oil.

#20901 2004 Nerf Lineup

Posted by Vassili on 07 March 2004 - 11:52 PM in General Nerf

This large bazooka doesn't sound too useless, if it's a comfortable gun we could mount a smaller pump on the gun and maybe make the airtank a tad smaller. It would take some work, however.

#14033 My Gun

Posted by Vassili on 10 December 2003 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

2 strikes.

#13809 Eab And Lnl...similarities?

Posted by Vassili on 06 December 2003 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

You guys hadn't noticed that? I thought that was kinda obvious.

#11516 My Intergration

Posted by Vassili on 16 October 2003 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

They did make a Small Soldiers 5000, yes 5000, I saw one on ebay once.

#11476 Spring For Eagle Eye

Posted by Vassili on 15 October 2003 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

The best part about my mod is the fact that it is actually reduced to the size of a pistol. The only mods relating to the power of the gun is I lubed the plunger with vegetable oil, which really helped, and put on a nice telescoped brass barrel. If you really wanted to go all out you could widen the plunger and use like 1" PVC for the plunger tube, the shell is wide enough to do so.

#11378 Spring For Eagle Eye

Posted by Vassili on 13 October 2003 - 07:30 PM in Modifications

No, the Eagle Eye didn't need a spring replacement, the spring was relatively strong, but if you want extra power you could find a better one. I just think a trusty secondary shouldn't be impossible to cock. FF seems to be working now.

#10396 Ssii Mods?

Posted by Vassili on 25 September 2003 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

Self-Explanatory.

#10362 Forum Contest!

Posted by Vassili on 24 September 2003 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

Yeah, Lech's gun is sure as hell winning right now. When is the due date for this contest? My past entries haven't been all that spectacular, just original mods that I liked. I think in a week or so I'll have a worthy entry.

Also, I was thinking that after this contest is over, that maybe this could be an ongoing thing. The "1337357" gun would kind of be like a heavyweight belt in wrestling, and you could have it as long is your gun was the coolest. Just an idea.

#10157 New Tt Mod

Posted by Vassili on 21 September 2003 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

You would get at least 5 more feet with a 17/32" section of brass, but nice job. You're right though, it badly needs a paint job.

#10031 Big Bad Boner

Posted by Vassili on 19 September 2003 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

I modded IronRhino's without a spring replacement or internal rubber banding and got an average range of 95 feet flat. I cut down the orange barrel and put a 1 3/4" or so section of brass in the end of the plunger and gooped it in, then cut down a coupler and stuck it over the orange barrel stub. I also lubed the plunger tube with some vegetable oil and replaced the two springs from the little square orange pieces with the stub that stick out of the side since one was missing. The springs from Airtech barrels work very well for that. A 6 inch 9/16" brass barrel worked fine, but you may want a longer barrel. Here's some pics from a mod I never wrote up:

Pic 1
Pic 2

#9853 Www.nerf.tk

Posted by Vassili on 17 September 2003 - 08:00 PM in General Nerf

Uh, Arcanis, I think that you're thinking he's giving away his site, but I'm pretty sure he's just giving away www.nerf.tk, which you can use as a cloak to just link to your site.

#9851 Anyone Have Pic Of Internals Of Sm 5000

Posted by Vassili on 17 September 2003 - 07:56 PM in General Nerf

NNL had pictures of unmodded Sm 5000 internals but it's not up anymore. The airtank goes up at the front of the gun, like right where the barrel is, and the rest you should be able to figure out form the pics on this site.

#8859 Wow, I Made A Dart That Gains Lift!

Posted by Vassili on 28 August 2003 - 11:20 PM in Homemades

How do they fit in a barrel if they have wings?

#6835 SharpShooter II Nested Brass

Posted by Vassili on 10 July 2003 - 12:04 PM in Modifications

I can easily believe that his gets 60 feet, the SSII I did for IronRhino gets an average of 67 feet flat, but that is with a replaced spring.

#6817 More Pics Of The New Lineup

Posted by Vassili on 09 July 2003 - 09:05 PM in General Nerf

Actually, someone from NC found this. I remember I was browsing the site earlier and found an order form.

#6773 Help!exploding Air Tanks!

Posted by Vassili on 08 July 2003 - 09:59 PM in Homemades

We pump our homemades until you just simply can't pump anymore because you are not heavy enough to pump a bike pump. We get ours over 160.

#6706 Integrations In Nerf - New Article

Posted by Vassili on 07 July 2003 - 11:42 PM in Site Feedback

Shindig has done a fair share of writing articles lately.

I really like the sudden birth of the articles section, they are all quite good.

#6690 Help!exploding Air Tanks!

Posted by Vassili on 07 July 2003 - 10:27 PM in Homemades

It's called PVC Cement, buddy. All you do is glue everything together.

#6634 Driving

Posted by Vassili on 06 July 2003 - 11:29 PM in Off Topic

Just listen to the Governator.

#6592 Driving

Posted by Vassili on 05 July 2003 - 02:29 PM in Off Topic

My bro just bought a Pontiac, a 2001 Grand Prix GTP in perfect condition. Pretty cool first car I'd say.

#6552 Armageddon Video(s)

Posted by Vassili on 04 July 2003 - 01:46 PM in Site Feedback

Yeah I tried it again today and I got this thing that asked me if I wanted to install something like a "Codec Cab" and now it works.

#6494 Armageddon Video(s)

Posted by Vassili on 03 July 2003 - 12:35 PM in Site Feedback

I have media player 9, and other files will play fine, but when this plays I get no video or audio, but the clock runs.

#6060 Questions

Posted by Vassili on 26 June 2003 - 01:51 PM in General Nerf

For the pizza thing, square boxes are easier to make and can be folded for easier storage.

#5819 Favorite Video Game

Posted by Vassili on 19 June 2003 - 03:25 PM in Off Topic

I've played both Max Payne and Enter the Matrix and I thought that some scenes in Enter the Matrix were just so cool (cartwheeling with dual MAC 11s while having bullets just miss you), but overall Max Payne is a much better game.

#5814 Just Starting

Posted by Vassili on 19 June 2003 - 02:48 PM in General Nerf

Actually most employess don't know where foam backer rod is. You should look with in the caulk section.

#5803 Eagle Eye

Posted by Vassili on 18 June 2003 - 10:49 PM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure this is a new mod, but whether or not it is I seriously reccomend you try it. The Eagle Eye can can now be considered with the great spring pistols.

Eagle Eye Pistol

edit:: And while you're at it check out my new PC and SSII mods. Wow that sounded corny.

#5775 Just Starting

Posted by Vassili on 17 June 2003 - 10:27 PM in General Nerf

And if you live in Northern California around San Jose maybe you could come to one of ours wars.

The longest range Nerf guns will get is about 150 feet flat, which is what brass Supermaxx 5000s will get. However, some homemade guns have been known to exceed 200 feet.

I know my site is down as of now, but tomorrow I suggest you read this. It's the advantages Nerf has over Airsoft, written by BoltSniper.

Nerf guns do hurt, but not any more than airsoft or paintball.

#5634 Common Sense In War

Posted by Vassili on 11 June 2003 - 08:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Both those lists are good, but I think at least one commandment for "Common Sense in Forums" should be: Don't call the admin an asshole.

#5563 God Bless

Posted by Vassili on 10 June 2003 - 07:01 PM in General Nerf

My telescoped brass modded max shot put a 1/2" wide dent in the texture of my walls, but going through drywall is ridiculous. My parents don't let me shoot any of my guns in the house anymore.

#5492 Foam Fortress Web Site Awards

Posted by Vassili on 09 June 2003 - 09:05 PM in Off Topic

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to have website awards for the Nerfing community? I was thinking:

Best Reviews
Best Mods
Best Homemades
Best H2H
Most Fun Forums
Best Technological Forum
Best New Site
Best Navigation
Best Design

And more.

Basically what would happen is I would take nominations for each category and then you could vote via email. Please no votes or nominations yet.

#5491 God Bless

Posted by Vassili on 09 June 2003 - 08:59 PM in General Nerf

You realize you would have to internal band it to effect the performance of the gun, right?

#5327 Two Towers Crossbow

Posted by Vassili on 05 June 2003 - 09:36 PM in General Nerf

Actually, you're right, the only time my parents have ever gotten their credit card stolen is when my dad payed for parking at the airport. Some guy bought 5,000 dollars of furniture in Maryland with our money. I don't know what it is, but they think the internet is the devil. I'll keep on trying to convince them.

#5284 Two Towers Crossbow

Posted by Vassili on 04 June 2003 - 05:03 PM in General Nerf

Yeah I was thinking about it in boring Spanish and I understand it now. My parents are kinda anti-buying-things-off-the-internet, so has anybody seen any of these in a store?

#5269 Two Towers Crossbow

Posted by Vassili on 03 June 2003 - 10:53 PM in General Nerf

Sounds great, but I really don't get how it works or where that 1' barrel goes. The barrel is in the plunger?

#5266 Two Towers Crossbow

Posted by Vassili on 03 June 2003 - 08:16 PM in General Nerf

So does your barrel move along with the plunger tube? If it didn't then there would be wasted space. Either that or I'm not getting how this works.

#5195 New Nerf Gun

Posted by Vassili on 01 June 2003 - 01:31 PM in General Nerf

Whoa, remote control Dad. How about: "Buy every Nerf gun in existence button." I bet most people (excluding Cxwq and Pineapple) would love it if those existed.

#4969 Dumb Internet Explorer

Posted by Vassili on 24 May 2003 - 06:52 PM in Off Topic

A Mozilla-friendly site is on my to do list. Problem is my to do list is bigger than my mom's Day After Thanksgiving Sale shopping list.

#4950 Dumb Internet Explorer

Posted by Vassili on 24 May 2003 - 01:03 AM in Off Topic

Sorry but this is really annoying and I can't figure out how to fix it. All of a sudden all the fonts on internet explorer are smaller. I went through all the internet options and I can't find anything on font size. I really don't know why this is happening since font size is supposed to be determined by the actual html file, isn't it? Anyone know how to fix this?

edit:: I fixed it. Now I feel really stupid, but I think something good came out of this. I downloaded Mozilla and I realize that you can't even read my site (Foam Fortress) in Mozilla because the menus don't go down. Do you Mozilla users have this problem?

#4948 Two Towers Crossbow

Posted by Vassili on 24 May 2003 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

Is that whole black tube all the plunger? If so, this thing has some potential. Only problem is I think it might be too big for a secondary weapon but not powerful enough for a good primary.